Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 5 of 9
Re: So, asked many times before: Will this be the last tour?
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 8, 2018 18:06

Lady Jayne
What do you make of the references on Mick and the Stones' Instagrams to Warsaw being the last show of this leg of the tour? Implied there will be another leg surely? Or are they just teasing?

No teasing..
All indications, comments and actions indicate they plan to roll on. Including the "See you soon" posted as usual on the screens at the end of the shows.

The messages they've been sending haven't changed, they clearly have every intention of continuing to tour. Yay.

Re: Will this be the last tour?
Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: July 8, 2018 18:34

USA next year

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 8, 2018 18:39

This is probably the last tour, but unless something unexpected happens I don't think it's on its last legs yet!

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: July 8, 2018 18:57

Sorry Lady Jayne, or anyone else, I have no ‘inside info’
just my guesses
they care that we care

Date: July 8, 2018 19:05

Mick- "It’s the last No Filter show! Looking forward to seeing you all tonight"

[twitter.com]

Looks like the last of "No Filter"..
Glad for that, was hoping for a name change on the next one cool smiley

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: July 8, 2018 19:42

Gazza
timbernardis
One note regarding "residencies" -- the Who did it in Vegas a year or two ago, and what about Bruce's Springsteen on Broadway stint? Why couldn't it work? Not saying it will happen, but there is precedent amongst some of their own great peers.

plexi

Because Bruce is playing 5 shows a week in a 850-seat theatre that he gets for free and he doesnt have any band or hotel expenses. Even if his average ticket prices are, say, $500, thats a nightly gross that the Stones wouldnt even get out of bed for.

What makes the whole thing impractical from a promoter or venue's perspective are the band's contracted guarantees and the fact that they only play two shows a week. It basically restricts their future touring formula to one nighters at very large venues.

It seems to me that anyone doing these residencies has gotten to a point where they have re-thought bottom lines and guarantees. I'm sure anyone who has done this could have made more money doing a more traditional format but, for whatever reason, has chosen otherwise. I would like to think that the Stones might make this choice, too, some day. But perhaps they are greedier than most.

plexi

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 8, 2018 20:00

Lady Jayne
Green Lady
35love
Hairball
A bit OT, but just saw James Bay perform on Saturday Night Live, and have to say it sucked.
Not sure how well he was received by Stones fans when opening for the Stones (forget which city), but that might have been a tough one to endure.

Yo.
Tough to endure?
Nah.
Young Bay has a very good singing voice.
He missed ‘never, never, never’ que on ‘Beast of Burden’
Generous professional Mick gave him a 2nd chance
(let’s do it one more time at the band) then lobbed again the perfect
‘Never’ with a hand gesture (to you buddy)
but James
forgot his lines.
It’s okay tho.
Saved by the guitars.

Maybe you didn't like his music but he has a good singing voice and is a pretty decent guitarist - I missed most of his Twickenham warmup as I had to come after work, but saw him in his own right at the Isle of Wight the following weekend.

I missed his warm up too thanks to the ridiculous queues at security, merchandise, bar, and toilets - just everywhere at Twickenham (I'm still bitter about that long walk back to London!) but I enjoyed his Beast of Burden. His excitement at dueting with Mick was rather sweet to see. I love it when the Stones work with new talent.

Maybe it was just the song he chose to play last night on SNL that sucked, and admit it's not fair to judge him based on just that I suppose, but even my wife who was in the other room yelled out "what is that shit you're listening to - turn it down"! Missed the second song he performed, and perhaps that one was better? Reminded me a bit of the "Moves Like Jagger" guy - both visually and musically. Anyhow, prior to his slot on the No Filter tour I had never heard of him so maybe he's more popular in the UK? And just read this isn't his first time opening for the Stones as he was also opening act in Hyde Park a few years ago - Mick must like him. Maybe his stint on SNL will make him more of a household name in the US? Similar to Ed Sheeran?

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: July 8, 2018 20:12

MisterDDDD

[twitter.com]

One may fear that the only change to a possible new tour will be for the name of that tour.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: July 8, 2018 20:22

Witness
MisterDDDD

Looks like the last of "No Filter".. Glad for that, was hoping for a name change on the next one

One may fear that the only change to a possible new tour will be for the name of that tour.

Hey, it's better than McCartney's upcoming "Freshen Up" tour (sponsored by Eve's Summer Douche, no doubt).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-08 20:25 by mosthigh.

Witness
MisterDDDD

[twitter.com]

If they were honest, they could call it "The Setlist Remains the Same Tour" or "Oldies but Goodies Gather No Moss Tour", and if I'm honest, I'll still go to at least one within driving distance and at the right price - it's tradition!
Keep on rolling...bring us the warhorses, and with any luck something from a new album of originals, or at least something original that's "newer" than Tattoo You. thumbs up

Posted by: PalaisRoyale ()

It 's not the last. They will either continue with the No Filter name or change it for North America. Ever since they finished the 50 th anniversary tour in arenas it's been the "And Counting" phase of their touring in outdoor stadiums. 14 on Fire/ Zip Code/ No Filter. Essentially they have been on an extended world tour just broken down into small legs with lot's of time off between touring regions(2 month mini tours).

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: July 8, 2018 20:46

Hairball
Witness
MisterDDDD

[twitter.com]

If they were honest, they could call it "The Setlist Remains the Same Tour" or "Oldies but Goodies Gather No Moss Tour", and if I'm honest, I'll still go to at least one within driving distance and at the right price - it's tradition!
Keep on rolling...bring us the warhorses, and with any luck something from a new album of originals, or at least something original that's "newer" than Tattoo You. thumbs up

grinning smiley

Or "The Never Changing Setlist Tour" by the Rolling Warhorses

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: July 8, 2018 20:49

I would see Mick in Vegas. I would. Of course. Maybe I’ll finally get a job back slinging booze. I’m sure I’d be on the street anyway if I keep chasing this man.

Just checked, my 14 year anniversary is in 9 days. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: July 8, 2018 21:29

Hairball
Witness
MisterDDDD

[twitter.com]

Gosh Eric, you ARE getting old -- one show, within driving distance, say WHA??? U used to go to Europe for several shows, at least on the Licks tour, I think it was.

BTW, that is a great pic, Mick's face almost looks like a painting.

plexi

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 8, 2018 21:32

From Keith: "we're off to the last show on this tour" [www.instagram.com]

Date: July 8, 2018 21:49

Cristiano Radtke
From Keith: "we're off to the last show on this tour" [www.instagram.com]
".. on this tour-anyway. Hope to see you all around, next time".

Date: July 8, 2018 21:52

Great to see Keith is into Chopin now. winking smiley

Date: July 8, 2018 23:02

TheflyingDutchman

Now?

Chopin and Mozart were always among his favourites, I believe smiling smiley

Date: July 8, 2018 23:03

DandelionPowderman
TheflyingDutchman

Now?

Great, but never seen him like that!smiling smiley

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: July 8, 2018 23:46

They also have a lot of people who have worked with them for a long time and to a certain extent rely on them - it’s a touring machine which has taken years to put together

Date: July 8, 2018 23:59

timbernardis
Hairball
Witness
MisterDDDD

[twitter.com]

Gosh Eric, you ARE getting old -- one show, within driving distance, say WHA??? U used to go to Europe for several shows, at least on the Licks tour, I think it was.

BTW, that is a great pic, Mick's face almost looks like a painting.

plexi

Haha - yes Tim it was the Licks tour when the stars and planets aligned, and there were several club,theater, arena, and stadium shows that were also in alignment with my travels - quite a few shows actually!
And along with several US shows during A Bigger Bang, I saw one European show in Nijmegen. My wife and I already had plans to travel to England, Scotland, and the Netherlands, so took a quick improvised two night detour from Amsterdam to Nijmegen by train and once we arrived totally surprised my wife with tickets to the show! Nijmegen - beautiful city! Any future return to the US, I'll be content and satisfied to see at least one nearby with Vegas being the furthest. As the Stones grow old with these mini tours, so do I. winking smileythumbs up

And yes, great pic of Mick above! thumbs up

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: July 9, 2018 00:48

Word on the street they have finished this tour very tired but States next year Might be on the cards

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-09 00:56 by EJM.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 9, 2018 01:03

EJM
Word on the street they have finished this tour very tired but States next year Might be on the cards

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-09 01:04 by Gazza.

Posted by: diverseharmonics ()
Date: July 9, 2018 01:18

DandelionPowderman
TheflyingDutchman

Now?

Chuck Berry once told the Stones----You ain't doing nothin that Mozart ain't done

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 9, 2018 01:30

The Rolling Stones: "We’ll see you soon"

[Twitter.com] · [www.Facebook.com] · [www.Instagram.com] · Large picture

Posted by: eduardoacdc ()
Date: July 9, 2018 02:01

I'm not even sure this is their last tour for this year...

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: July 9, 2018 02:32

Last tour? No.

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: July 9, 2018 03:07

The boys are looking at the US and possibly Japan next. Fingers crossed except Keith. His are so swollen his ring had to be cut off.

Date: July 9, 2018 03:13

mpj200
The boys are looking at the US and possibly Japan next. Fingers crossed except Keith. His are so swollen his ring had to be cut off.

At least they didn't have to cut off his finger!

Looking forward to their return to the US - fingers crossed!!!

Thanks mpj200. thumbs up

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: July 9, 2018 03:34

Tour will resume THIS YEAR.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 5 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1567
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home