Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 3 of 9
Re: So, asked many times before: Will this be the last tour?
Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: July 7, 2018 12:06

MileHigh
I could easily see them all losing interest in any more shows after a six month break. I think Ronnie and Mick have very young children and going domestic might be very attractive for them.

I am also kind of hurting from the clips I have seen of the shows. Mick is not what he used to be as a dancer and I take the adulation with a grain of salt. And the sound is thin and choppy because you never quite know if the guitars are going to be on duty or off duty. The warhorses lack energy and feel really tired, it's just not the same. There is a big "meh" as far as the sound goes for me.

If there were going to be more shows, I think a short residency formula might work. And I would love to see the ticket prices at a $40 flat rate and you just go online and hope for the best like that. Sort of like the Stones finally "giving back" to their fans.

Well, I strongly disagree (based on the shows I've attended on this leg.) If you ask me, Mick moves way more around in 2018 than in 2017. The sound is far from sloppy, it's loud and crisp with guitars upfront and right in your face. On this leg the guitarists have been ON duty non-stop. The warhorses does not lack energy, they are performed with more energy than last year. They play songs like Brown Sugar with more passion now than during previous tours IMO. If your big "meh" is based on youtube clips, I suggest you go and see an actual show. The sound on a youtube video is not the same as you will experience inside a venue.

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: July 7, 2018 13:06

Thought they did up there game from last year.And last year was very good..Very happy to see 5 show's..29 different song's in total..Whatever they have planned rest of 2018 or 2019 The venue's are already booked where ever they go to next..The Stones plan the tour's with Military precision...Finger's crossed i may get my "Sway"...Yet!!!!!

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: July 7, 2018 14:59

They sure seemed like a band ready to continue based on what I saw in Prague

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 7, 2018 15:15

The Worst.
MileHigh
I could easily see them all losing interest in any more shows after a six month break. I think Ronnie and Mick have very young children and going domestic might be very attractive for them.

I am also kind of hurting from the clips I have seen of the shows. Mick is not what he used to be as a dancer and I take the adulation with a grain of salt. And the sound is thin and choppy because you never quite know if the guitars are going to be on duty or off duty. The warhorses lack energy and feel really tired, it's just not the same. There is a big "meh" as far as the sound goes for me.

If there were going to be more shows, I think a short residency formula might work. And I would love to see the ticket prices at a $40 flat rate and you just go online and hope for the best like that. Sort of like the Stones finally "giving back" to their fans.

Well, I strongly disagree (based on the shows I've attended on this leg.) If you ask me, Mick moves way more around in 2018 than in 2017. The sound is far from sloppy, it's loud and crisp with guitars upfront and right in your face. On this leg the guitarists have been ON duty non-stop. The warhorses does not lack energy, they are performed with more energy than last year. They play songs like Brown Sugar with more passion now than during previous tours IMO. If your big "meh" is based on youtube clips, I suggest you go and see an actual show. The sound on a youtube video is not the same as you will experience inside a venue.

smileys with beersmileys with beer
So many people here, who have an opinion, just based on Youtube.
So Sofa sitters and whiners and @#$%&,: just go to a Stones gig. and then have an opinion.
Jeroen

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 7, 2018 17:01

Well the 2012-now tour is a sort of "Never Endign Tour" à la Dylan but adjusted to the magnitude of the Stones so yes it's the last tour.

When will it end? That's another question... 2020? 2022? Ronnie is clean (thx to Sally who should get much more praise here...) and Mick and Keef will never try to upstage each others so as long as one is up for the a bunch of gigs the other one says "bingo!". And Charlie will be there out of loyalty for the band (for Keef more precisely).
So the circus will keep touring till one of the 4 core members has a big problem.

Start saving for the 2019 trek! smoking smiley

Date: July 7, 2018 17:25

I bet London 2022, will be the last one.
gonna save some money, right from this minute.
jeroen

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 7, 2018 19:51

The never ending tour should have been from 1969-1990, when they were at their peak. Hell, we only got fourteen dates for the Some Girls tour.

Posted by: Delta ()
Date: July 7, 2018 19:57

If it is, it is fitting because Warsaw was one of the last shows they did with Brian. Not counting the Circus and a awards show in '68.

Date: July 7, 2018 19:59

24FPS
The never ending tour should have been from 1969-1990, when they were at their peak. Hell, we only got fourteen dates for the Some Girls tour.

1969-1990 their peak???
Well..not imo

I think their peak was from 1968 till 1974 .
Jeroen

Posted by: bernard90mike ()
Date: July 7, 2018 21:04

Of course this will be the last tour like the last 10 tours were...
To be honest I don't think so, but if it turns out that it is, they'll stop at a point where they still performed on a high level.

I'm not sure how long they'll be able to deliver on such a level and I don't wanna see them stopping when their shows are nothing but ridiculous. If you don't know what I'm trying to say watch the videos from Chuck Berry's last performances.

So maybe this is the right time for 'The Last Time'.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: July 7, 2018 21:13

Unless I'm very much mistaken, Chuck Berry (like Jerry Lee or Little Richard) worked as hard as they did (or do) late in life because it's how they pay the bills. The same with actors who appear at autograph shows. They don't have retirement plans and many lived a life of spending every penny and scaling back only when required.

While I understand fans saying, "I don't want my heroes to tarnish their legacy by overstaying their welcome," I don't accept the validity of the sentiment. Artists keep producing new work and performers keep performing so long as they wish and can. If I think everything after Brian or Taylor or TATTOO YOU or after Bill or after BRIDGES TO BABYLON or LICKS is crap, it doesn't mean they should have stopped. It means I should let go and enjoy what I like only. There are always people, even if the number diminishes, who are grateful up to the very last second. Let them connect with their public. "Jumping Jack Flash" isn't any less of a great song because of "Streets of Love."

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: July 7, 2018 22:47

corriecas
24FPS

1969-1990 their peak???
Well..not imo

I think their peak was from 1968 till 1974 .
Jeroen

Ha Ha Ha
Go listen to this
ROUNDHAY PARK – LIVE IN LEEDS 1982 Rolling Stones
And it will make sense why a hoarde of superfans @ 13-15 years old sold part of their souls to the RS-
YCAGWYW ‘The BEST VERSION’ ^^^^

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 7, 2018 23:18

I think 24FPS is refering to when Wyman left the band. 1990 was Wyman's last tour. I would say, like most, that 68-72 was their peak. Both live and on record.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: July 7, 2018 23:39

""I would say, like most EX-FANS, that 68-72 was their peak. Both live and on record"".

fixed that to be true

Real fans know The Rolling Stones are still hitting on all cylinders and all this BS that 68-72 is the only era that matters or was their "peak" is simply BS blathered by people who don't get it (probably never "got it") and hope the band quits soon so they can spend all their time posting on beatles boards... as opposed to trolling here, posting dumb threads about hoping this will be the last tour amongst their other time wasting nonsense.

Posted by: EasterMan ()
Date: July 7, 2018 23:50

Stoneage
I think 24FPS is refering to when Wyman left the band. 1990 was Wyman's last tour. I would say, like most, that 68-72 was their peak. Both live and on record.

For me as a live band they were hitting their peak during the 1995-2003 period, the early 70s performances are just too sluggish for my taste. Charlie became a tighter drummer in the 90s and Mick's singing was more focused etc... I would agree on that they were more ''energetic'' and ''wild'' as a live band in the 70s but in the 90's they sounded better from an objective musical standpoint.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-07 23:50 by EasterMan.

Date: July 8, 2018 00:42

Leonioid
""I would say, like most EX-FANS, that 68-72 was their peak. Both live and on record"".

fixed that to be true

Real fans know The Rolling Stones are still hitting on all cylinders and all this BS that 68-72 is the only era that matters or was their "peak" is simply BS blathered by people who don't get it (probably never "got it") and hope the band quits soon so they can spend all their time posting on beatles boards... as opposed to trolling here, posting dumb threads about hoping this will be the last tour amongst their other time wasting nonsense.

Well, tell that to Keith Richards then. That he doesn't get it. Because he also believes that 1968-72 was their best period. Their peak. And Sir Michael seems to think so also. Why else is their setlist still based on songs from that period? Go pick on someone else. I'm getting fed up with your nagging.

Date: July 8, 2018 00:49

Stoneage
Leonioid

fixed that to be true

Well, tell that to Keith Richards then. That he doesn't get it. Because he also believes that 1968-72 was their best period. Their peak. And Sir Michael seems to think so also. Why else is their setlist still based on songs from that period? Go pick on someone else. I'm getting fed up with your nagging.

So now you are going to say people can not post opinions? People can not reply?

I ignore most of your stupid crap...
but dont even dream you can say something like "LIKE MOST"... as in "HOW MOST PEOPLE FEEL"... as if you are the one who decides that, and then dream that no one is allowed to counter that post.

You start the trouble and then you whine (when you get a reply) that are being picked on?

Date: July 8, 2018 00:52

I ignored this stupid thread, I ignored Stoneage's hopes that The Stones will stop touring...

But when he starts imagining he is speaking FOR MOST PEOPLE... something has to be said.

Date: July 8, 2018 01:02

No, you don't get it. You seem to be pretty self-righteous. You called me an ex-fan because I pointed out that I thought 1968-72 was their best period. Which many fans do. Most probably.
Including Keith Richards and Mick Jagger.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 8, 2018 01:07

I don't think he is saying that most fans want the band to stop touring (improbable), but that most fans think their best was 68-72 (which is more likely but also doesn't give him the right to speak for all of us). Thinking their peak was in 68-72 doesn't imply that you think they should have stopped then (or at all).

What it does mean is that the oldies can say to someone who has just been blown away by a latter-day show: "You know how good they just were? Well, they used to be even better!"

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: July 8, 2018 02:04

USA next year is a lock

Date: July 8, 2018 02:13

Not including 1966 in their "peak years" is sacrilege, imo.

Aftermath, Have You Seen Your Mother, 19th Nervous Breakdown, Paint It, Black etc etc...

There are millions of Stones fans who love different eras of the band. "Most" is a strong word, imo. For instance, many who love the late 60s/early 70s have GHS as their favourite. Personally, I have BB, Aftermath and SG as my favourite albums.

There is stuff on SW I find stronger than on Exile.

The black and white-approach is difficult when it comes to the Stones smiling smiley

Date: July 8, 2018 02:48

Stoneage
No, you don't get it. You seem to be pretty self-righteous. You called me an ex-fan because I pointed out that I thought 1968-72 was their best period. Which many fans do. Most probably.
Including Keith Richards and Mick Jagger.

I can tell you are ex-fan by reading your posts, reading your so so so so many many posts where all you do nit-pick, insult, bash and talk crap the band and what they do. You no longer go to shows. You no longer buy their recordings. You never have any excitement or happy things to say about anything related to this band.

I try ignore people like you, but you post soo soooooo sooooooooo much in every thread... you are always there every day in every thread... rarely posting anything positive no matter what the topic is, usually just posting snotty, negative insulting things. Maybe you do not realize it... maybe you can not see it... but the posts are there... all over the place.

I dont reply to every post of yours but if/when you want to say "WHAT MOST people think is..." and it is wrong.... you might get a reply.

You seem to really enjoy talking crap about The Rolling Stones... really enjoy making threads talking about when they will stop... and more negative stuff about the band... HOW WOULD YOU GUESS FANS OF THIS BAND TO REACT TO YOUR POSTS?!

I think you know exactly what you are doing... it is called trolling.

Date: July 8, 2018 02:55

Green Lady
I don't think he is saying that most fans want the band to stop touring (improbable), but that most fans think their best was 68-72 (which is more likely but also doesn't give him the right to speak for all of us). Thinking their peak was in 68-72 doesn't imply that you think they should have stopped then (or at all).

What it does mean is that the oldies can say to someone who has just been blown away by a latter-day show: "You know how good they just were? Well, they used to be even better!"

He says in the first post of this thread he created that he thinks they should stop due to being too old.

Stoneage
...I think so. Last gig in Warsaw on Sunday. I think it will be the last tour. Due to age.

What kind of ageism nonsense is that?

The band is STILL kicking ass... RIGHT NOW!!! LIVE IN CONCERT!!
WHY WOULD/SHOULD THEY STOP? WHO WOULD EVEN ASK THAT RIGHT NOW?

Date: July 8, 2018 03:01

People have been calling this band too old, to drugged out... to this... too that ...gonna be over soon for 30-40 years.... AND ALL OF THOSE PEOPLE HAVE BEEN WRONG.

Is it too much to ask for give them some respect for their keeping on rolling for all these years and still kicking ass? Is it too much to ask for people to stop speculating like there is some kind prize for guessing correct? It is nuts.

These guys are in a league of their own... they deserve some respect... but some people just cant do that... some people have to talk crap about others no matter how good others have done... and I find that repulsive.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: July 8, 2018 04:32

Leonioid
People have been calling this band too old, to drugged out... to this... too that ...gonna be over soon for 30-40 years.... AND ALL OF THOSE PEOPLE HAVE BEEN WRONG.

Is it too much to ask for give them some respect for their keeping on rolling for all these years and still kicking ass? Is it too much to ask for people to stop speculating like there is some kind prize for guessing correct? It is nuts.

These guys are in a league of their own... they deserve some respect... but some people just cant do that... some people have to talk crap about others no matter how good others have done... and I find that repulsive.

But I think you are pitching a product that isn't a true representation. Perhaps many feel stress just like me when I see that Keith is going to do a solo? You can still have respect for the band and all that but at the same time roll your eyes at the hype. In recent interviews Keith is saying something like, "This band is sounding better than ever." Things have been going on for so long that even that line is tired and old - and not true.

Date: July 8, 2018 05:07

MileHigh
Leonioid

But I think you are pitching a product that isn't a true representation. Perhaps many feel stress just like me when I see that Keith is going to do a solo? You can still have respect for the band and all that but at the same time roll your eyes at the hype. In recent interviews Keith is saying something like, "This band is sounding better than ever." Things have been going on for so long that even that line is tired and old - and not true.

Keith is not the only saying "This band is sounding better than ever." I read with interest the posts from people who actually attend the shows... and although live shows threads get clogged up with naysayers, set list whiners, bashers and others... it is still possible to slog through the BS posts and read what people who ACTUALLY WENT TO THE SHOW had to say... and over and over and over show in and show out people are saying the 2018 Summer No filter tour is one of the best they have seen.

I understand that may not mesh with your and others predetermined attitude... but those are the current FACTS.

If those witnesses to the live event did not say those things then my posts and attitude would be different.

When the usual suspects (who love to tear apart, insult, nitpick and bash on anything and everything) started tearing apart Chuck Berry as he was performing his final shows I stayed silent, although it hurt my heart to read these POS go after such Chuck with such glee. It was sickening watch them dissect... but I did not speak up or tell them how rude they were... because it was what it was... but it didn't need to be so ugly in this board... but it was.

But the Stones are not playing/selling poorly... on the contrary they are selling 30,000-60,000+ tickets per night RIGHT NOW and the reviews RIGHT NOW are 99% positive.... it is no time to be blathering speculation about their demise.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-08 05:09 by Leonioid.

Posted by: erad ()
Date: July 8, 2018 05:58

Don't worry folks, everyone who doesn't agree with Leonioid isn't a true fan of the band - only his opinion matters.

Date: July 8, 2018 06:22

welp, looks like the ban brigade has been summoned, yo ucan tell by their snickering trolling style, trying to bait people in to saying things they can report.

I don't think I have said anything wrong, but if enough of the ban brigaders report then... we know what happens.

The naysayers and Stones bashers love to protect their own and do what ever they can to get real fans who vocally support the band booted... and in the end what remains is a very pessimistic negative board.

I hope before the any banning happens a review of posts from both sides is made.

I am not the one bashing on The Stones, stating they should quit, saying Kieth can not play, saying Mick can not sing... That is these other people...

I thought this was a place for Stones fans... not a place to insult the Stones endlessly with glee.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: July 8, 2018 06:49

Stoneage

All I’m saying is this 1981 1982 Tattoo You Album and Tours of USA and Europe
spiked your peak!
This cannot be denied!
grinning smileydrinking smiley

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 3 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1831
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home