Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 2 of 9
Re: So, asked many times before: Will this be the last tour?
Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: July 6, 2018 11:59

For sure, some towns in Europe will never see the Stones again after this Tour.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 6, 2018 11:59

I don't think so, Dead Flowers. 2018, 2019, maybe. I can't see them carrying on after that. But that is only my personal opinion.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: July 6, 2018 12:04

Stoneage
I don't think so, Dead Flowers. 2018, 2019, maybe. I can't see them carrying on after that. But that is only my personal opinion.

The sooner the better Stoneage.

I was thinking they might do some small tour of America and Asia first, before returning to Europe.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-06 12:04 by dead.flowers.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 6, 2018 12:55

Health permitting, I think there will always be the possibility of more Stones shows. Only when one of th passes-away, will they, in my opinion, officially retire.

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: July 6, 2018 13:48

Well it's the last year of their contracted 6-year agreement, so it depends on who comes up with a new contract and then whether they think it's worth it, plus of course the insurance that goes up every year they get older etc. etc. A shorter "residency" at MSG is a possibility that I've heard from quite a few sources, but I don't think we'll see a full-blown tour again (if you count 14 shows as a full-blown tour). Only time will tell, and as Keith so rightly says, it's "Slipping Away", not just for them, but all of us.

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: July 6, 2018 13:57

The last Tour started in 2012 and noone can tell by now when it will be done,
although I can't imagine that they seriously wanna end their career in Warszaw (no offense against Poland!).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-06 13:58 by falo01.

Posted by: MrMibbs ()
Date: July 6, 2018 16:04

potus43
They are committed to play USA next year
MSG????

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: July 6, 2018 16:16

They will NEVER stop til one of them gets sick or dies. And that's as it should be. I have made two No Filter trips over the pond in the fall and spring. Waiting for them, and all of YOU, to come to the USA. Hoping for Denver, no show there in 13 years, but would travel of course. MSG would b great!

plexi

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 6, 2018 16:35

timbernardis

They will NEVER stop til one of them gets sick or dies.

That's what Keith recently said: "As long we live, we will go on" - [iorr.org] .

Posted by: tommycharles ()
Date: July 6, 2018 16:47

chriseganstar
Well it's the last year of their contracted 6-year agreement, so it depends on who comes up with a new contract and then whether they think it's worth it, plus of course the insurance that goes up every year they get older etc. etc. A shorter "residency" at MSG is a possibility that I've heard from quite a few sources, but I don't think we'll see a full-blown tour again (if you count 14 shows as a full-blown tour). Only time will tell, and as Keith so rightly says, it's "Slipping Away", not just for them, but all of us.

Given the success that this year’s shows have been, I’d be surprised if we don’t get No Filter in at least a few US stadiums next summer. But that’s based on zero inside information.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: July 6, 2018 17:43

Since they haven't announced any plans not to tour again, the question is moot. Right now, their last show was Prague. If all goes well in the next 30 hours, their last show will be Warsaw. After that, we wait and see. Same odds as they've always played with, but the stakes seem higher because inevitably they are reaching the end of the road.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: July 6, 2018 18:13

chriseganstar

6 year contract? With whom?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 6, 2018 19:00

tommycharles
chriseganstar

Given the success that this year’s shows have been, I’d be surprised if we don’t get No Filter in at least a few US stadiums next summer. But that’s based on zero inside information.

Actually it's been hinted at several times, maybe not by "inside sources", but lets just say those who know more than others. And when they do return to the US, hoping they change the name of the tour as "No Filter" seems to have almost run it's course now. That said, hope they keep the giant screens if they play in stadiums, but something tells me they might be playing in arenas (maybe wishful thinking). Then again, something else tells me stadiums will be the most convenient for them - pack in as many people as possible and make as much money as possible. The question is will there be enough demand to fill up gigantic stadiums, but that will depend on location and the prices. If they try to charge inhumane prices, might be a problem for them. Whatever the case, all speculation...if they return I'll consider it a bonus and an exclamation point on a career that has gone on much longer than some expected. Keep on rolling...

Date: July 6, 2018 19:15

It’s been quite a ride for fans since they came back 7 years ago in 2012.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 6, 2018 19:35

I'd say 50 and Counting with Mick Taylor was the icing on the cake, and from then forward it's been gravy.
Both have positive connotations, but as someone with a sweet tooth the icing on the cake was the tastiest.

Date: July 6, 2018 19:57

Hairball
I'd say 50 and Counting with Mick Taylor was the icing on the cake, and from then forward it's been gravy.
Both have positive connotations, but as someone with a sweet tooth the icing on the cake was the tastiest.

I like cake too :-)
And all the releases, interesting venues and countries,
etc etc etc
(shirts, lol)

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 6, 2018 20:15

35love

6 year contract? With whom?

Maybe the Anschutz Entertainment Group (AEG Live).

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: July 6, 2018 20:19

Nobody knows.
Many bands or artists did'nt known that the last show of a tour was the last show ever.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 6, 2018 20:56

black n blue
Charlie I seeing calling it a career real soon

Stones fans have been saying this for decades. Its amazing how many people still take his blasé attitude so seriously.

Its not going to happen.

No one wants to be the guy who puts his foot on the brake and gets off the bus.

I'll refer everyone back to something Shirley Watts said about 20 years ago 'he'd never do it - he'd hate to let down Mick and Keith'

The Stones are effectively semi-retired anyway, its not as if they're potentially walking away from two-year tours of 130-140 shows. 14-15 shows a year is hardly going to wear them out.

There'll be no 'farewell' shows. They'll do this at a level they're comfortable with until ill-health prevents them from continuing or until we switch on the news some morning to find out one of them has gone to the great gig in the sky.

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: July 6, 2018 21:01

MrMibbs
potus43
MSG????

Yes, that's their home, after all

Date: July 6, 2018 21:02

keefriff99
EddieByword
The way Mick was going at it, I doubt it..............(I think only Charlie might pull the plug at some point......

I heard from a paramedic from the Cardiff show that Mick has a running room backstage and he runs for an hour before the show starts...............I thought he was 'pumped up' for SFM..................eye popping smiley
I seriously doubt that...that's just a massive drain of energy.

Yes that is nonsense before show. Maybe some little warmup.
On the other hand yes he must do training even during the tour.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: July 6, 2018 21:11

Gazza
black n blue
Charlie I seeing calling it a career real soon

Stones fans have been saying this for decades. Its amazing how many people still take his blasé attitude so seriously.

Its not going to happen.

No one wants to be the guy who puts his foot on the brake and gets off the bus.

I'll refer everyone back to something Shirley Watts said about 20 years ago 'he'd never do it - he'd hate to let down Mick and Keith'

The Stones are effectively semi-retired anyway, its not as if they're potentially walking away from two-year tours of 130-140 shows. 14-15 shows a year is hardly going to wear them out.

There'll be no 'farewell' shows. They'll do this at a level they're comfortable with until ill-health prevents them from continuing or until we switch on the news some morning to find out one of them has gone to the great gig in the sky.

Yeah this is my take on it too, also i don't think any of them would like to be replaced if one of them refused to tour.
In a way not wanting to be replaced forces them to carry on, Mick knows this and it insures the gravy train keeps on rolling.
Could you imagine Charlie or Ronnie sitting at home while someone else takes all their glory, ain't gonna happen, Steve Jordan behind the drum kit in front of 80 thousand fans showing us how it's done, meanwhile Charlie's at home watching TV, no way. Mick Taylor back with the Stones taking the band back to former glory, sell out shows in ten minutes while Ronnie plays at home with the twins, get outta here winking smiley

Date: July 6, 2018 22:35

1 + 1 = 2
Last show Warsaw Sunday I will be available for any scrap of live feed
(I think the RS Polish fan club people are the money shot)
Then on Monday I will open my newly arrived Amex statement
and the answer to my own future shows just might be right there
if I can figure out the math...

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: July 6, 2018 22:49

Schrödinger‘s Band: until the next tour is announced the Stones both will and won’t tour again. (Except they will absolutely tour again, Schrödinger is bollocks!)

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 7, 2018 01:24

To quote Keith "How Can I Stop ?"

Like someone posted the other day they still haven't a good reason to stop (powerful rockin' shows, sellout crowds at eye-popping prices, "easy" schedule, what's not to like ?!) so they keep going ;-)

I suspect a "compromise" could be to limit the "world" tours and focus on Europe/LA/NYC since tons of people fly over anyway ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-07 01:27 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 7, 2018 01:52

gotdablouse
To quote Keith "How Can I Stop ?"

Like someone posted the other day they still haven't a good reason to stop (powerful rockin' shows, sellout crowds at eye-popping prices, "easy" schedule, what's not to like ?!) so they keep going ;-)

I suspect a "compromise" could be to limit the "world" tours and focus on Europe/LA/NYC since tons of people fly over anyway ;-)

I think that was me. grinning smiley

I dont think 'residencies' are practical or sustainable as an outlet for travelling fans anymore. Not at the prices they charge for arena shows and when you factor in that they only play two shows a week.

It worked (for the most part) this year because they mostly kept it to one show per city (and in some cases, one per country) and used a pricing system for stadiums which suited people of varying income brackets as well as diehard fans and event-junkies and everything in between.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: July 7, 2018 08:29

I could easily see them all losing interest in any more shows after a six month break. I think Ronnie and Mick have very young children and going domestic might be very attractive for them.

I am also kind of hurting from the clips I have seen of the shows. Mick is not what he used to be as a dancer and I take the adulation with a grain of salt. And the sound is thin and choppy because you never quite know if the guitars are going to be on duty or off duty. The warhorses lack energy and feel really tired, it's just not the same. There is a big "meh" as far as the sound goes for me.

If there were going to be more shows, I think a short residency formula might work. And I would love to see the ticket prices at a $40 flat rate and you just go online and hope for the best like that. Sort of like the Stones finally "giving back" to their fans.

Posted by: CallM ()
Date: July 7, 2018 10:35

I certainly hope not. Granted I’m new to the RS party but already I’m regretting I didn’t go to more of the gigs this year and last.

Wishing that I’ll get a chance to go see them again.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 7, 2018 11:16

potus43
MrMibbs
potus43
MSG????

Yes, that's their home, after all

Err, no it is not.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 7, 2018 11:51

MileHigh
I could easily see them all losing interest in any more shows after a six month break. I think Ronnie and Mick have very young children and going domestic might be very attractive for them.

I am also kind of hurting from the clips I have seen of the shows. Mick is not what he used to be as a dancer and I take the adulation with a grain of salt. And the sound is thin and choppy because you never quite know if the guitars are going to be on duty or off duty. The warhorses lack energy and feel really tired, it's just not the same. There is a big "meh" as far as the sound goes for me.

If there were going to be more shows, I think a short residency formula might work. And I would love to see the ticket prices at a $40 flat rate and you just go online and hope for the best like that. Sort of like the Stones finally "giving back" to their fans.

I bet you have not been to any of the 2018 gigs. Did you
Jeroen

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 2 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1701
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home