Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456789Next
Current Page: 1 of 9
Will this be the last tour?
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 5, 2018 23:41

...I think so. Last gig in Warsaw on Sunday. I think it will be the last tour. Due to age. But I don't think it will be their last gig. They will probably get offers they can't turn down.
A couple of gigs in NY or LA maybe. Or Vegas? And maybe they will do a last commemorative concert in London. With Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor involved maybe?
What do you think?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-08 09:55 by bv.

Re: So, asked many times before: Will this be the last tour?
Posted by: Nate ()
Date: July 5, 2018 23:49

No

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: July 5, 2018 23:52

the end will come when we least expect it.

going to enjoy sundays gig.

5 nights in warsaw, stones gig, world cup games to watch, culture, museums, food and drink. going to be a great experience.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 5, 2018 23:57

Not even certain this was the last "No Filter" tour..cool smiley

At this point, besides pure speculation, all we have to go by is their words.
Which for quite some time have consistently been that they're not stopping. Looking forward to the next one!

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: July 6, 2018 00:06

We lose sight of the fact that The Stones are much more patient than we could ever be as their fans!

They obviously have a broader, long-range approach, towards shows and touring especially, than any of us are privy to know about.

That's why I have confidence that we will see more shows, especially when BV is gracious enough to clue us in that the work is already underway for a possible next step. That probably starts with the offers that would come in from promoters. If you end up with a few, or 12-15, then you have a tour by today's standards... Mull the offers, decide yeah or nay as a band, and Rock and Roll!

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: July 6, 2018 00:15

The way Mick was going at it, I doubt it..............(I think only Charlie might pull the plug at some point......

I heard from a paramedic from the Cardiff show that Mick has a running room backstage and he runs for an hour before the show starts...............I thought he was 'pumped up' for SFM..................eye popping smiley

Posted by: vinckske ()
Date: July 6, 2018 00:36

Don't think so.
They really sound great these days and you know what Keith said...

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: July 6, 2018 00:59

They are committed to play USA next year

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 6, 2018 01:04

Hope not 'cause I wanna take Smoooooocheeeeeee to a Stones concert ……

ROCKMAN

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: July 6, 2018 01:16

[No.]

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: July 6, 2018 01:19

I spoke with someone loosely connected last night at the hotel and she expressed optimism for something late this year. So... there’s that.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: July 6, 2018 01:21

EddieByword
The way Mick was going at it, I doubt it..............(I think only Charlie might pull the plug at some point......

I heard from a paramedic from the Cardiff show that Mick has a running room backstage and he runs for an hour before the show starts...............I thought he was 'pumped up' for SFM..................eye popping smiley
I seriously doubt that...that's just a massive drain of energy.

Date: July 6, 2018 01:58

keefriff99
EddieByword

Well, maybe he jogs or maybe it's half an hour (my mate wasn't actually an eye witness for an hour, that's what he was told) but I've got no reason to doubt him when he's said "he has a running room"...............(and Mick is definitely very 'warmed up', physically and mentally, right from the off..................

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-06 02:12 by EddieByword.

Posted by: tommycharles ()
Date: July 6, 2018 02:22

EddieByword
keefriff99
EddieByword

Well, maybe he jogs or maybe it's half an hour (my mate wasn't actually an eye witness for an hour, that's what he was told) but I've got no reason to doubt him when he's said "he has a running room"...............(and Mick is definitely very 'warmed up', physically and mentally, right from the off..................

Having a warm up room with space to run about has been in their rider for ages. If you watch the opening to the HBO 2003 MSG show you can see a couple of seconds of Mick’s sillouette warning up.

Posted by: ThePaleRider ()
Date: July 6, 2018 02:24

They will be touring in Virtual Reality Lounges for the rest of the century...

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: July 6, 2018 02:59

The Sones will release a new abum shortly and have enough material in the can for two more, and plan to tour behind the new material extensively. smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: July 6, 2018 02:59

tommycharles
EddieByword
keefriff99
EddieByword

Having a warm up room with space to run about has been in their rider for ages. If you watch the opening to the HBO 2003 MSG show you can see a couple of seconds of Mick’s sillouette warning up.

2018 quote:
Speaking ahead of the tour, Jagger explained to AP that he likes to get in his element before every Rolling Stones show.
“Backstage before the show, I like to relax and chill out,” he said. “Just before the show, I get all like, ‘Ahh!’ So, sometimes I like to get everybody out of the room for a minute and just calm down and do my singing.
“I have Bob Marley things that I kind of sometimes do and move around to. And then I do a dance warm-up: I do a couple of, like, current tunes for a dance warm-up.”

Read more at [www.nme.com]

Posted by: Zagalo ()
Date: July 6, 2018 03:13

SomeTorontoGirl

[No.]

Brilliant! My favourite ever cartoon series & character (yes, I have a fluffy toy!!)
As MJ said many years ago - with apologies for slight inaccuracy "...wishful thinking from some people..." smiling smiley
Rock on!
cool smiley

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 6, 2018 03:46

tommycharles

Even in the desert, they had an air conditioned warm up space provided.

"In addition, each act got its own tented friends-and-family acre for the entire two weeks. The Stones’ area included a forty-yard-long air-conditioned running track on which Jagger could sprint back and forth to warm up."
[www.newyorker.com]

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: July 6, 2018 04:14

Charlie I seeing calling it a career real soon

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: July 6, 2018 06:16

tommycharles
EddieByword
keefriff99
EddieByword

Oh sure...but there's a difference between warming up (even jogging for 5-10 min and then stretching) and running for an hour.

Even when he was "young", I can't see the benefit of running for an hour prior to a gig. That's something you do on your off days, and in the months prior to a tour starting.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: July 6, 2018 06:20

(deleted negative comment here about their current tours made largely because I'm in a lousy mood)eye rolling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-06 06:57 by Send It To me.

Date: July 6, 2018 10:17

keefriff99
tommycharles
EddieByword
keefriff99
EddieByword

Oh sure...but there's a difference between warming up (even jogging for 5-10 min and then stretching) and running for an hour.

Even when he was "young", I can't see the benefit of running for an hour prior to a gig. That's something you do on your off days, and in the months prior to a tour starting.

Oh god, sure there is - that's obvious - 'an hour', that's just what I was told - and that is what my mate was told by 'regulars' backstage while he was on local paramedic duty for the scaffolders etc, setting the stage up -- we're not swearing an oath to it...................he saw the running room with his own eyes albeit without Mick installed...........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-06 11:06 by EddieByword.

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: July 6, 2018 10:23

As Joda say's in ''Empire Strikes Back""No there is Another......

Date: July 6, 2018 10:35

Okey, I'm the odd one out then. 24 posts and I'm the only one thinking this was the last tour. I guess you know something I don't. Fair enough.

Date: July 6, 2018 11:12

Stoneage
Okey, I'm the odd one out then. 24 posts and I'm the only one thinking this was the last tour. I guess you know something I don't. Fair enough.

That would have been my guess before going too............but seeing that energy and hearing that brilliant but, if on paper, overplayed 'noise'...........I thought, there's no reason why they should stop - the only obvious possible reasons would be if the economics started biting too much for either the fans or the band or if Charlie said 'enough'...............

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: July 6, 2018 11:38

When did Charlie say "maybye stop" ?

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: July 6, 2018 11:42

Sure, Eddie. I guess there are already plans ahead. BV mentioned something in that order. But one thing they can't afford any longer is to let time pass. When you get older time is catching up on you.
So whatever they decide it must be within reasonable time. And we are talking months now, not years, I think.

Date: July 6, 2018 11:49

Stoneage
Sure, Eddie. I guess there are already plans ahead. BV mentioned something in that order. But one thing they can't afford any longer is to let time pass. When you get older time is catching up on you.
So whatever they decide it must be within reasonable time. And we are talking months now, not years, I think.

That's what got me to Twickenham..........I saw Dublin and Cardiff and thought that was it for me but then over that weekend it occurred that the 'Twickers' on the 19th really could be the last UK show ever.

I figured that even economically, they won't be back here for at least two years (probably more) and at that age, a lot can happen in two years - and as everyone knows not always desirable stuff so.................off I went to get my t shirt.............grinning smiley

But...........as they stand and still do stand........they are more than capable of 'doing the job'............

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-06 11:51 by EddieByword.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: July 6, 2018 11:52

Before Hamburg and Berlin I said to myself, let this be the last time for me.

Having seen them again, I changed my mind, I've definitely got to see them at least one more time.

I hope and pray they'll be back touring the Continent say 2020. Is that a realistic perspective?

d.f

Edit: typing error.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-06 11:54 by dead.flowers.

Goto Page: 123456789Next
Current Page: 1 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1489
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home