Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011
Current Page: 11 of 11
Re: Prague Czech Republic 04-July-2018 Rolling Stones No Filter live updates
Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: July 6, 2018 18:26

Happy24, I dont said it personally to you, but you are on this picture too, for sure grinning smiley

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 6, 2018 18:57

zgredzik
Happy24 - I'm makka on maccaboard smiling smiley

Maybe you know where I can find this picture made before concert start, it was made from behind drums. I saw on some Stones fanpage on FB but its cutten and in low quality.

Perhaps this is the one? Or, if the one you saw was cut, then maybe could also be from Bernard's 360 degrees photo on Facebook.

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: July 6, 2018 19:03

Yeees! Thank you, Happy24, we are on the left side! Thank you very much Cristiano. Sorry for offtop, but do you know how I can download it? This 360 degree picture? It's impossible for me :/

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-06 19:36 by zgredzik.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 6, 2018 20:16

zgredzik
Yeees! Thank you, Happy24, we are on the left side! Thank you very much Cristiano. Sorry for offtop, but do you know how I can download it? This 360 degree picture? It's impossible for me :/

Unfortunately it seems you can't download 360 degree photos. If a screenshot is fine for you, here you got:

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: July 6, 2018 20:23

grzegorz67
bauk77
Great Gig watched from Pit A. Beside to us Lucas Jagger for some Songs.
there where some sound "problems" always when keith or ron walk on the walkway, some beat comming from the back, very strange for me.
All in all perfect gig good organisation, wristband easy to use if you made your homeworks. Prague a great city!! I hope it was not the last concert for me.

I’ve noticed the best at the back of the pit whenever I’ve been there too. It was very noticeable in Manchester.

It's the stage monitors for whenever Keith or Ron are on the catwalk isn't it? Can be a distracting sometimes - really, really noticeable in Arnhem last year for me.

syrel

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: July 6, 2018 22:58

I would love to see a Premier Guitar rig-rundown on Keith and Ronnie's equipment.

Not the guitars so much as the amps, racks and effects (if any).

I know Keith uses those old twins and he did use a tape echo and Zinky Master Blaster in the past.

I wonder if he still does?

I'm clueless as to what Ronnie uses.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-06 22:58 by beachbreak.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 7, 2018 20:14

grzegorz67
Well here‘s a confession. I didn’t enjoy this show much at all, even though I enjoyed the rest of my time in Prague. My gig buddy’s on meds and felt unwell the day before so took an extra dose and didn’t get up until noon. My Lucky Dip, picked up at 6, turned out to be general standing, a much longer way from the stage than anywhere else. My gig buddy isn’t the early queueing type and we didn’t enter until 7. There were no toilets outside the venue and there was no choice but to use a nearby cornfield. With Contactless Debit Card Payments in use all around the city that pay band system was stupid and pointless. Long queues for everything and my friend continued to queue for food and drink after the band were on. I ended up with a rubbish viewing spot a long way from the stage, surrounded by tall Czechs, Slovaks, Hungarians, Poles and Germans (not their fault they’re tall of course - I’m just a wee Scots lad of 1.74m/ 5’8.5”) and only caught brief distant glimpses of the band. This was a show to look at big screens, which I hate. Also, the hot and dusty atmosphere gave me a runny nose and stinging pains in my left eye, in which I now have mild conjunctivitis and it’s all bloodshot. The crowd around me seemed to enjoy it, although they were very reserved It is my worst ever Stones concert experience and I’m just going to put it down to ‘experience’. I’m in Gold Standing in Warsaw on Sunday night and I hope to put all this behind me.

Really sorry to hear that grzegorz - hope Warsaw makes up for it !

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 7, 2018 20:32

paulywaul
grzegorz67
Well here‘s a confession. I didn’t enjoy this show much at all, even though I enjoyed the rest of my time in Prague. My gig buddy’s on meds and felt unwell the day before so took an extra dose and didn’t get up until noon. My Lucky Dip, picked up at 6, turned out to be general standing, a much longer way from the stage than anywhere else. My gig buddy isn’t the early queueing type and we didn’t enter until 7. There were no toilets outside the venue and there was no choice but to use a nearby cornfield. With Contactless Debit Card Payments in use all around the city that pay band system was stupid and pointless. Long queues for everything and my friend continued to queue for food and drink after the band were on. I ended up with a rubbish viewing spot a long way from the stage, surrounded by tall Czechs, Slovaks, Hungarians, Poles and Germans (not their fault they’re tall of course - I’m just a wee Scots lad of 1.74m/ 5’8.5”) and only caught brief distant glimpses of the band. This was a show to look at big screens, which I hate. Also, the hot and dusty atmosphere gave me a runny nose and stinging pains in my left eye, in which I now have mild conjunctivitis and it’s all bloodshot. The crowd around me seemed to enjoy it, although they were very reserved It is my worst ever Stones concert experience and I’m just going to put it down to ‘experience’. I’m in Gold Standing in Warsaw on Sunday night and I hope to put all this behind me.

Really sorry to hear that grzegorz - hope Warsaw makes up for it !

I’m here, sitting in the Sphinx restaurant in the centre. I now realise I’ve had hay fever, never previously an issue in my half century on this planet. It flared up again today. I’m in full price GC tomorrow and teaming up with Wild Sliwowitz tomorrow. I plan to queue up early, get right to the front by the end of the catwalk and enjoy the hell out of this one to make up for Prague. Haven’t been to Waea in 4 years and love it here. I speak ok ish Polish despite not a drop of Polish blood. This show is special to me thumbs up.

Posted by: UrbanwearTS ()
Date: July 7, 2018 20:45

Great show in Prague, although I liked the Spielberg opening more.
Any official estimates on how many people attended the show in Prague??

Managed to get a few great pics this year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-07 20:48 by UrbanwearTS.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: July 8, 2018 11:30

Cristiano Radtke
zgredzik

Unfortunately it seems you can't download 360 degree photos. If a screenshot is fine for you, here you got:

pretty sure I see myself in the pic.

Posted by: bauk77 ()
Date: July 8, 2018 12:19

huge crowd but less stands than on the plan what they send for this event. just 2 instead of 6 or 8.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 8, 2018 13:30

bauk77

huge crowd but less stands than on the plan what they send for this event. just 2 instead of 6 or 8.

Grandstands-map 26-Feb-2018:

[iorr.org]

vs.

Grandstands-map 4-Jul-2018:

[iorr.org]

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: July 8, 2018 14:11

I am posting my review together with some pics I made. There are many more pics here:

[www.flickr.com]

What a glorious return to Prague did The Stones make on the last Wednesday evening. Since they started their probably never-ending-tour in 2012, I never thought they would visit my home country again, with their recent tour patterns and most importantly their current prices, I was sure their gigs in central / eastern Europe were over. I was skeptical when there appeared rumors about a show in Warsaw, but the Prague gig being announced along with the Warsaw one was really unbelievable.

Alright, after the initial excitement came a big cooling down with realizing, that the prices would be even steeper than the last year, that for the pit in Prague I would have to pay almost 1/3 of the price extra compared to what I paid for Amsterdam or Stockholm the last year. Then came the actual pre-sale, which was an absolute disaster with the servers absolutely not being able to handle the traffic - I personally believe it was all done on purpose - to look like the demand was overwhelming (but what do I know?) and then of course the almost 4 months long ridiculous scavenger hunt around those absolutely unnecessary RFID wristbands. The organizers probably wanted to create some kind of hype to make the event look absolutely exclusive, surely hoping for boosting the ticket sales. I think it backfired big time, I am sure that this together with the fact, that there was no map to choose seats from, discouraged a lot of people and even though the final attendance of 50.000 people is more than respectable and on the field it looked like an endless sea of people, we know that the organizers hoped for 80.000 people to show up. The actual attendance is not even 2/3 of that and 3 out of 7 block of stands were not even built. I don't know how profitable the event was for the promoters in the end, I hope they have learned a lesson, that when one buys a concert ticket (and extremely expensive one that is), one wants to enjoy a couple of hours of great music and atmosphere with as little hassle as possible and not to spend months playing promoter's games.

Okay, I thought the whole thing was a disaster from the day the pre-sale started until the day of the show. I rather didn't think about the chaos that would occur if the hi-tech technology wouldn't work, which is more than usual in such cases. Luckily it was all different on the show day. I have to say that on the site the organizers have done a tremendous job. First - I have never seen so many entrance gates. I came at 5 p.m. and went straight in through one of many many gates, where there were absolutely no queues. The wristbands worked fine (but regular paper tickets would work just as well). I can't say anything about paying with the wristband, I didn't put any money on it and didn't need to buy anything. I know a lot of people complained about the chips not working and long queues, but yeah, I didn't experience that. The venue itself was extremely well organized with tons and tons of facilities everywhere. Most importantly, I don't recall such friendly staff and security on any other concert ever. Together with very nice weather (even though very hot, but the Pit B was in the shade of the stage, which was great) it all made for a very nice and relaxed atmosphere.

I entered the pit shortly after 5 p.m. and sat down on the floor in the second row, being quite sure than once people would stand up and get rid of the empty cups on the floor, I would be able to move to the first row and grab the rail, which is exactly what happened when the second support band started to play. The support bands... The first - Gotthard - was okay. Nothing special, but a solid support band. Then, at 7.20, started to play the Czech support band - Prazský Vyber. What shall I say...knowing the history, their connection with Vaclav Havel and in a way even with The Rolling Stones, I still could not appreciate their music at all. I can't imagine how the majority of the international audience who don't know the background and don't speak Czech must have felt about it. I guess their sage presence was quite funny and maybe amused even some of the people who had no clue what was going on, but I don't know whether anyone not from the Czech Republic could appreciate the music. I myself felt kind of tortured, but it was pretty much what I expected and I knew that even that would pass... :-)

And it did, just like the 40 minutes or so necessary to prepare the stage for The Stones. It is ten minutes before nine. "Ladies and gentlemen, The Roliiiing Sooones!" Keith comes forward and hits the first chords of Street Fighting Man, then Mick runs past him, starts to sing and it is ON. SFM is a great opener, as was stated many times already. Not only is it a perfect number to get the audience excited right from the very beginning, it is also great for Keith to warm up. The performance is flawless, just the sound takes two or three minutes to settle down. Nothing strange, it often takes the sound men two or three songs to put the dials in the right position, this time the sound is perfect right during the first song.

After It's Only Rock'n'Roll, Tumbling Dice and Ride 'em All Down comes the vote song, which is predictably Under My Thumb, song that I wanted to hear for a long long time and then got it the last year in Stockholm. It is a great song and the band does it a great justice, so it is a pleasure to hear it again. And then comes one of the highlights for me - Like a Rolling Stone. I have never heard this live and wanted it really badly. When I checked the Stuttgart setlist and saw they played it, I thought the chances they would play it on the next stop were zero. But Mick announces a song that Bob Dylan wrote for them...yeeees! "How does it feel? To be on your own, with no direction home, a complete unknown, like a rolling stone..." Mick goes to the B stage, sings and jumps like a twenty year old together with 50.000 fans. Magical. Between the songs Mick speaks quite a lot of Czech, in fact most of his communication with the audience is in Czech, with actually quite a nice pronunciation. Before the vote song he sings some lines from "Pec nam spadla," a little children's Czech song. Sweet.

Then You Can't Always Get What You Want, very strong and beautiful Paint It Black and a great version of Honky Tonk Women, during which Keith at one point hit a wrong chord, which was like the biggest flaw from him during the whole night. Keith was really a hero of this show, at least for me. Having fun, smiling, posing for the audience, yet he delivered absolutely perfect performance. So it is no surprise, that his two-song set was the absolute highlight of the show for me. You Got The Silver - I could hear Keith singing this song a thousand times and would never get tired of it. So much soul and feeling he can put into this particular song. And then Before They Make Me Run lightens the mood, it is pure fun for both the audience and Keith. I remember 12 years ago he barely played guitar while he sang this particular song, resulting in people speculating that he could not play and sing together any more. Well, watch his performance these days.

After Keith's set come the warhorses - Sympathy with a great solo by Keith, Miss You with a great long bass solo from Darryl, Midnight Rambler, Start Me Up, Jumpin' Jack Flash, Brown Sugar, plus the usual encores - Gimme Shelter and Satisfaction. What shall I write about songs that have been played to death? I am always having a great fun with them, that's all. Yeap, Mick was saving his voice a bit during the last couple of numbers, possibly the heat and dust in the air were taking its toll. But to be honest, I have hardly noticed it, I was probably too focused on Keith, his guitars and his great performance right in front of my face :-) It was only when I started to read the reviews here, making a huge deal out of it, that I thought I probably didn't pay attention or something. I went through my videos and even though yeah, Mick doesn't push his voice quite as usual, I still can't hear anything that would make the performance less memorable for me. I was there in the first row, having the time of my life together with other 50.000 totally excited people. That's it. Yeap, the audience deserves to be noted - we Czechs usually don't make a great crowd, I prefer concerts in other countries, but this time it just all worked and even thought the audience was largely international, it was obvious that even Czech people were having a ball, way more than is usual here.

Again, despite the total mess with the tickets, wristbands, cashless system and everything else, it all clicked together on the night of the show and it was all absolutely perfect. Big thanks to the organizers for a great job with preparing the venue, big thumbs up for the staff and security being normal polite people, not the usual big brainless gorillas thankful for any excuse for making trouble. Big thanks to the great audience and the biggest thanks to the Greatest Rock'n'Roll Band In The World. After buying the tickets for this show I sincerely wished this would be the final tour, so that I wouldn't need not to pay that ridiculous money for a ticket any more and most of all so that I wouldn't have to go through such a ridiculous pre-concert process as it turned out to be this time. After the concert I feel like I would go again instantly. I would gladly pay that again. Just next time normal simple tickets, please :-)

After each Stones' concert I saw since 2003 I have been feeling like it might have been the last time. This time I somehow know this was not it. I am gladly looking forward to seeing The Stones again when they return for another European tour.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-21 08:52 by Happy24.

Posted by: Fotinid ()
Date: July 18, 2018 17:34

Those are some awesome photos, Happy24.
May I ask what camera you used?

Date: July 20, 2018 22:22

Fotinid

Thanks! I used the Lumix tz100

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: July 20, 2018 22:49

Happy24
Fotinid

I would love these on a canvas, can you send me the pux please for this purpose

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 21, 2018 01:30

great Pix happy24.
Was a great gig in Prague, loved it.
jeroen

Date: July 21, 2018 07:41

midimannz
Happy24
Fotinid

I will send you whatever you need, just don't know what is pux :-)

Date: July 21, 2018 07:53

Happy24
midimannz
Happy24
Fotinid

I will send you whatever you need, just don't know what is pux :-)

Ha dam predicted text, I meant pix as in pictures sir

Date: July 21, 2018 08:47

I see :-) You can dowload all those pictures from the flicker album: [www.flickr.com]

If you click on a picture, then in the right low corner, there is an icon for downloading, and there is the "original size" option. I tried to download one and it has exactly the same size as my original picture. There is also the download icon at the top of the album page, which enables you to download all pictures at once - there is no size option, so I suppose it might be the original size too. Anyway, if it wouldn't work for you, just let me know and I will zip those pictures and send them to you, that is no problem.

Date: July 21, 2018 09:37

These photos from Prague [www.flickr.com] are awesome, thank you.

Date: August 21, 2018 11:45

Happy24
I am posting my review together with some pics I made. There are many more pics here:

[www.flickr.com]

What a glorious return to Prague did The Stones make on the last Wednesday evening. Since they started their probably never-ending-tour in 2012, I never thought they would visit my home country again, with their recent tour patterns and most importantly their current prices, I was sure their gigs in central / eastern Europe were over. I was skeptical when there appeared rumors about a show in Warsaw, but the Prague gig being announced along with the Warsaw one was really unbelievable.

And it did, just like the 40 minutes or so necessary to prepare the stage for The Stones. It is ten minutes before nine. "Ladies and gentlemen, The Roliiiing Sooones!" Keith comes forward and hits the first chords of Street Fighting Man, then Mick runs past him, starts to sing and it is ON. SFM is a great opener, as was stated many times already. Not only is it a perfect number to get the audience excited right from the very beginning, it is also great for Keith to warm up. The performance is flawless, just the sound takes two or three minutes to settle down. Nothing strange, it often takes the sound men two or three songs to put the dials in the right position, this time the sound is perfect right during the first song.

After It's Only Rock'n'Roll, Tumbling Dice and Ride 'em All Down comes the vote song, which is predictably Under My Thumb, song that I wanted to hear for a long long time and then got it the last year in Stockholm. It is a great song and the band does it a great justice, so it is a pleasure to hear it again. And then comes one of the highlights for me - Like a Rolling Stone. I have never heard this live and wanted it really badly. When I checked the Stuttgart setlist and saw they played it, I thought the chances they would play it on the next stop were zero. But Mick announces a song that Bob Dylan wrote for them...yeeees! "How does it feel? To be on your own, with no direction home, a complete unknown, like a rolling stone..." Mick goes to the B stage, sings and jumps like a twenty year old together with 50.000 fans. Magical. Between the songs Mick speaks quite a lot of Czech, in fact most of his communication with the audience is in Czech, with actually quite a nice pronunciation. Before the vote song he sings some lines from "Pec nam spadla," a little children's Czech song. Sweet.

Then You Can't Always Get What You Want, very strong and beautiful Paint It Black and a great version of Honky Tonk Women, during which Keith at one point hit a wrong chord, which was like the biggest flaw from him during the whole night. Keith was really a hero of this show, at least for me. Having fun, smiling, posing for the audience, yet he delivered absolutely perfect performance. So it is no surprise, that his two-song set was the absolute highlight of the show for me. You Got The Silver - I could hear Keith singing this song a thousand times and would never get tired of it. So much soul and feeling he can put into this particular song. And then Before They Make Me Run lightens the mood, it is pure fun for both the audience and Keith. I remember 12 years ago he barely played guitar while he sang this particular song, resulting in people speculating that he could not play and sing together any more. Well, watch his performance these days.

After Keith's set come the warhorses - Sympathy with a great solo by Keith, Miss You with a great long bass solo from Darryl, Midnight Rambler, Start Me Up, Jumpin' Jack Flash, Brown Sugar, plus the usual encores - Gimme Shelter and Satisfaction. What shall I write about songs that have been played to death? I am always having a great fun with them, that's all. Yeap, Mick was saving his voice a bit during the last couple of numbers, possibly the heat and dust in the air were taking its toll. But to be honest, I have hardly noticed it, I was probably too focused on Keith, his guitars and his great performance right in front of my face :-) It was only when I started to read the reviews here, making a huge deal out of it, that I thought I probably didn't pay attention or something. I went through my videos and even though yeah, Mick doesn't push his voice quite as usual, I still can't hear anything that would make the performance less memorable for me. I was there in the first row, having the time of my life together with other 50.000 totally excited people. That's it. Yeap, the audience deserves to be noted - we Czechs usually don't make a great crowd, I prefer concerts in other countries, but this time it just all worked and even thought the audience was largely international, it was obvious that even Czech people were having a ball, way more than is usual here.

Again, despite the total mess with the tickets, wristbands, cashless system and everything else, it all clicked together on the night of the show and it was all absolutely perfect. Big thanks to the organizers for a great job with preparing the venue, big thumbs up for the staff and security being normal polite people, not the usual big brainless gorillas thankful for any excuse for making trouble. Big thanks to the great audience and the biggest thanks to the Greatest Rock'n'Roll Band In The World. After buying the tickets for this show I sincerely wished this would be the final tour, so that I wouldn't need not to pay that ridiculous money for a ticket any more and most of all so that I wouldn't have to go through such a ridiculous pre-concert process as it turned out to be this time. After the concert I feel like I would go again instantly. I would gladly pay that again. Just next time normal simple tickets, please :-)

After each Stones' concert I saw since 2003 I have been feeling like it might have been the last time. This time I somehow know this was not it. I am gladly looking forward to seeing The Stones again when they return for another European tour.

[/url]

Your video is amazing- nearly finished smiling smiley

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: August 21, 2018 13:33

Great Keith pic !

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011
Current Page: 11 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1906
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home