Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819Next
Current Page: 17 of 19
Re: Beggars Banquet, One Plus One and Rock and Roll Circus 50th anniversary sets
Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 2, 2019 18:23

^ Sounds exactly same as 90's release mix wise.

Re: Beggars Banquet, One Plus One and Rock and Roll Circus 50th anniversary sets
Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: May 2, 2019 20:09

Sounds great to my ears.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 3, 2019 12:05

4K Dolby-Vision/Atmos - [iTunes.apple.com] + iTunes-Extras.

Rock and roll circus 1968, any bonus tracks?
Posted by: Kuntaman ()
Date: May 31, 2019 18:38

Don't know if this has been mentioned her before. Just wonder if there's any bonus tracks on this new release, in Japan? Bonus tracks on the CD or the vinyl version. I have looked at the Japan version on ebay and they claim to have a bonus track, still haven't found out what?

Re: Rock and roll circus 1968, any bonus tracks?
Date: May 31, 2019 19:00

There're "Bonus-Tracks" on CD2 but they're the same worldwide: [iorr.org] , [www.Universal-Music.co.jp] .

Posted by: Kuntaman ()
Date: May 31, 2019 22:39

Ok
Many thanks

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 1, 2019 08:35

Yeah, there's bonus tracks, but the newly remastered Parachute Woman sounds incredible.

Rock and Roll Circus 50th anniversary set
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 4, 2019 13:51

The Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus (2019) - Teaser | ABKCO Films

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Captain Teague ()
Date: June 4, 2019 16:10

Interesting review and loads of facts about RnR Circus here - [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 5, 2019 05:31

I could see getting the CIRCUS release but nothing else. Pointless!

Posted by: Bol ()
Date: June 5, 2019 18:54

Captain Teague

Thanks for the steer on this one Captain. It's good!

Posted by: JimmyShelter ()
Date: June 5, 2019 21:52

I wonder if anyone thought of editing Yoko out, that would make it worth the money eye rolling smiley

Posted by: JimmyShelter ()
Date: June 6, 2019 11:46

Amazon.co.uk now says July 5th for release date, said June 28th yesterday.

Date: June 6, 2019 12:35

JimmyShelter

[www.jpc.de] too ....

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: June 6, 2019 17:25

JimmyShelter

I am in the U.S. and I got an email that mine should be delivered tomorrow 6/7.

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: June 7, 2019 00:27

Bol
Captain Teague

Thanks for the steer on this one Captain. It's good!
YES, thank you, this is compelling watching and had information I didn't know

Date: June 7, 2019 01:05

Irix
JimmyShelter

[www.jpc.de] too ....

But already available digitally on [www.HighResAudio.com] , iTunes as well as [www.Qobuz.com] .

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: June 7, 2019 21:50

The Dirty Mac - Revolution (rehearsal)

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: June 8, 2019 00:11

some nice jesse ed davis on the taj mahal tracks. great guitar player. so sad he didn't last long enough to realize his potential.

Date: June 8, 2019 22:47

Received this yesterday, will be giving it a watch shortly. I should have paid more attention as I thought there would be footage of the Dirty Mac Blues Jam and Revolution. Also, if there is audio of Route 66 and Confessin' The Blues, that would have been a plus.

Date: June 10, 2019 02:07

Watched this last night. Definitely an upgrade all the way around. Video is NOT grainy. Sound is spot on, sounds like you're sitting up front. Unless it's overdubs, Brian is very audible, playing the riff with Keith in Jumping Jack Flash and some tasty rhythm on the Les Paul. No Expectations speaks for itself. A shame he was demoted to maracas on Sympathy but he gives it his all. Nice package all in all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-10 02:08 by bleedingman.

Posted by: bigmac7895 ()
Date: June 10, 2019 19:02

Watched YouTube link speaking about the r&r circus and he said there is a bootleg version of SFTD with Brian playing guitar in one of the takes before he was handed maracas. Does anybody have a link to hear that track?

Also- is Brian now audible on JJF and YVAGWYW?

Date: June 10, 2019 19:35

bigmac7895
Watched YouTube link speaking about the r&r circus and he said there is a bootleg version of SFTD with Brian playing guitar in one of the takes before he was handed maracas. Does anybody have a link to hear that track?

Also- is Brian now audible on JJF and YVAGWYW?

I watched that video also and have been trying to hunt down Sympathy with Brian on guitar. etc.

As I mentioned above, to my ears there are 2 guitars playing the riff on Jumpin' Jack Flash. In You Can't Always Get, Keith plays more of a chunky riff and Brian plays clearly audible (again, to me) chords on his Les Paul.

Date: June 11, 2019 02:19

I think it's just a myth about Brian playing guitar on sympathy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-26 15:01 by His Majesty.

Date: June 11, 2019 03:23

Watched it again and heard Brian very clearly. I love Taylor and Ronnie but, goddamn it, I wish Brian could have pulled himself together.

Great, great show.

Posted by: bigmac7895 ()
Date: June 11, 2019 03:30

Thanks for the responses, sound like it is worth purchasing again after two decades of having the old version. If anyone finds the outtake of Brian playing on SFTD, please share the link. Not sure why they didn’t throw a few outtakes of the Stones playing/rehearsing (including the rumors of Clapton on Parachute Woman, and the Stones possibly playing Route 66).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-11 03:31 by bigmac7895.

Date: June 11, 2019 04:20

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-26 14:59 by His Majesty.

Date: June 11, 2019 14:54

so the new rock n roll circus the mix is vastly different than the 90's mix?

Date: June 11, 2019 15:03

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-26 14:58 by His Majesty.

Posted by: NathanLaze ()
Date: June 11, 2019 15:49

me too, is a big fan of brian, though i didnt take a o]listen to new circus mix yet, i seriously doubt there was any valuable guitar work of brian's on jjf & pw, judging to his left playing hand on the old circus dvd... one or two simplest chords to me sight, really... maybe there were some overdubs done later, even after his death... taking oneself a bit towards mystic & methaphysics, yeah??

that's the screen of first bars on ycygwyw.... any chords to come in mind ? not even a capo on 5th fret, just the fingers lying on the fretboard.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819Next
Current Page: 17 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2127
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home