Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 19
Re: Beggars Banquet, One Plus One and Rock and Roll Circus 50th anniversary sets
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: November 15, 2018 17:40

Japanese release for SACD fanatics :
[www.cdjapan.co.jp]

The SACD is also available at [www.jpc.de] as well as [Store.AcousticSounds.com] .

UIGY-9709 - [www.Universal-Music.co.jp] .

Re: Beggars Banquet, One Plus One and Rock and Roll Circus 50th anniversary sets
Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: November 15, 2018 22:58

Japan 2 SACD Hybrid - 7" cover size :

The SACD package itself is designed to look like a miniaturized replica of the 12” gatefold double-vinyl edition, sized to be a convenient 7” gatefold, and contain 2 hybrid SACDs, a flexi disc and expanded packaging elements exclusive to this edition. This bespoke packaging is manufactured in Japan and is of the highest quality to match the SACD audio. Special elements of the package include: replica packshots of two Japanese 7” single picture sleeves (“Jumpin’ Jack Flash” and “Street Fighting Man”) and both versions of the Beggars Banquet sleeve art are included.

(Disc. 1) STEREO

1. Sympathy For the Devil
2. No Expectations
3. Dear Doctor
4. Parachute Woman
5. Jigsaw Puzzle
6. Street Fighting Man
7. Prodigal Son
8. Stray Cat Blues
9. Factory Girl
10. Salt of the Earth

(Disc. 2) MONO

1. Sympathy For the Devil (Original Mono Mix)
2. Hello, This Is Mick Jagger!’ LONDON to TOKYO April 17, 1968

Sonosheet (Flexi Disc)
1. Hello, This Is Mick Jagger!’ LONDON to TOKYO April 17, 1968

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 16, 2018 00:51

What a load. Nothing new. Nothing better.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: November 16, 2018 05:34

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: November 16, 2018 11:34

New Beggars lyric videos on abkcovevo

[youtu.be]

Date: November 16, 2018 11:48

Can't get used to the kickdrum and bass in one speaker in this new mix. It takes away the listening experience for me. Who came up with that??

Although the new mix is clearer and crisper, I prefer the old mix with less panning:

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 16, 2018 23:09

Oh, come on. Is the new mix REALLY better than the 2002 SACD?

Date: November 17, 2018 03:22

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: November 17, 2018 04:27

This is my fourth SACD Beggars. My impression is strikingly different from the past releases.

No Expectations
What is a burble sound on right channel?
Claves may be? It's interesting.

Dear Doctor
The leading role must be harp with terrible vividness.

Jig-Saw Puzzle
Mick's shout with echo and Mellotron sound become sharper image.

Factory Girl
Conga, tabla and violin are flying and dancing in space.

Salt of the Earth
I've noticed that Bill's base was awesome. Sorry for my unconsciousness.

What kind of a spell has Bob Ludwig put on for sound restoration?
Thank almighty, you are Dumbledore!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-17 04:38 by Toru A.

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: November 17, 2018 18:05

Toru A

What kind of a spell has Bob Ludwig put on for sound restoration?
Thank almighty, you are Dumbledore!

Same improvements on 2017 Satanic 50th anniversary SACD ?

Posted by: nick ()
Date: November 18, 2018 04:04

Toru A
This is my fourth SACD Beggars. My impression is strikingly different from the past releases.

No Expectations
I remember hearing that on the Street Fighting Man 45. It's like they buried it. I can't hear it either on various (SA)CD's. I forgot all about that after I switched to CD's.

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: November 19, 2018 17:58

I finally sat down to watch the newly restored "One Plus One"....Ouch. Major jerky panning issues, at least on the tight pans in the magazine store, not so much in the studio scenes. WTF? Transfer issue? The sound is dramatically improved, so there's that at least. And the extras are nice. Packaging also better than older edition.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-26 17:52 by floodonthepage.

Date: November 23, 2018 00:55

The Rolling Stones - Beggars Banquet (50th Anniversary Edition) - DSD64 2.8MHz/1bit

[www.HighResAudio.com] , [Store.AcousticSounds.com] , [www.e-onkyo.com]

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: November 23, 2018 12:17

Toru A

No Expectations

Do you mean the hammond organ?

Date: November 24, 2018 03:12

His Majesty
Toru A

No Expectations

Do you mean the hammond organ?

I was wrong. Claves is on the center.
Maybe, scrabbly noise from the slide bar by using the rotary speaker?
It's there from beginning to end.

Date: November 24, 2018 03:16

Ah, it'll be the harmonics and overtones from Brian using slide.

It's quite an intimate recording and Brian isn't playing all that cleanly or precisely so you hear all the odd and subtle sounds you get from using a slide on an acoustic.

Date: November 24, 2018 10:12

His Majesty
Ah, it'll be the harmonics and overtones from Brian using slide.

It's quite an intimate recording and Brian isn't playing all that cleanly or precisely so you hear all the odd and subtle sounds you get from using a slide on an acoustic.
His Majesty,
Thanks for your input.thumbs up

Date: November 29, 2018 17:07

Seen in London:

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: November 29, 2018 19:51

The text below is also good to know!cool smiley

Posted by: nick ()
Date: November 29, 2018 19:59

Nat's girlfriend begs to differ.

Date: November 29, 2018 20:05

grinning smiley

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: November 29, 2018 20:45

Hahaha!! Good one!

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: November 29, 2018 21:01

[www.youtube.com]

The Rolling Stones - Stuck Out All Alone, Outtake 1968

Date: November 29, 2018 21:05

GJV
The text below is also good to know!cool smiley

It somehow reminds me some of those newspapers clippings posted by Rockman on his legendary thread. grinning smiley

Date: November 30, 2018 18:39

[www.youtube.com]

Love when Keith plays in the Key of D guessing - and uses F#M, C#M that Keith groove - love this outtake - Curtis Mayfield vibe.

Date: November 30, 2018 21:39

OpenG
[www.youtube.com]

Dire. tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: December 1, 2018 19:03

Attempting to locate the DVD of Sympathy/One Plus One on Amazon is not easy. It has been released hasnt it?

Date: December 1, 2018 20:00

IrelandCalling4

Attempting to locate the DVD of Sympathy/One Plus One on Amazon is not easy. It has been released hasnt it?

Looks like it's only on BluRay: [www.Amazon.com] - although ABKCO says also DVD: [www.abkco.com] . Since it's 2 Discs, it may be that's a BR/DVD-Combo - [www.wowhd.se] .

Date: December 1, 2018 20:38

The DVD is awesome especially when Brian and Jagger are sitting down playing SFTD
on acoustic and Jagger is playing different guitar voicings playing the E at the 12 fret to D To A and Keith comes in playing in Open E and the song takes off - Also the part where Keith is fooling around with his LP and playing creamy guitar licks awesome.

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: December 3, 2018 18:40

Just saw the CD in the local music shop, shrunk wrapped. Anyone obtained it and can tell how the packaging inside is done - lyrics, essay, many photos of the band in this CD reissue?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1943
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home