Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 19
Re: Beggars Banquet, One Plus One and Rock and Roll Circus 50th anniversary sets
Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: October 11, 2018 11:11

I take it there hasn't been a short lived copryright securing upload on youtube or itunes of 1968 recordings yet like there was for 1966 and 1967?

Re: Beggars Banquet, One Plus One and Rock and Roll Circus 50th anniversary sets
Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: October 11, 2018 12:18

nick
The Yaya's and Charlie deluxe boxes were not bad. What happened with TSMR and BB? On a positive note, you appreciate your 2002 SACD and Mono box titles a lot more.

Regarding The GRRR box set with the IBC Demos as extra, (which are better on some boots I think) those recorings are not part of ABCKO and the BBC recordings are part of the BBC (at least some part I think) and maybe partly ABCKO.

My conclusion is that untill now ABCKO can't use extra's or bonus material because the other party is unwilling to let them (Jagger/Richards)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-11 12:20 by barbabang.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: October 11, 2018 12:20

Could very well be something like that. Maybe Jagger and company thinks "Okay, let them do what they want with those old '65 shows, but we're not giving them Banquet or Let It Bleed".

Pure speculation on my part, of course. It doesn't really make sense either.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: October 11, 2018 13:50

ABKCO do have form in regards to holding on to material.
I believe they haven't released a lot of the old Cameo Pakway label stuff and possibly have some unreleased Sam Cooke material.
They are an independent of course...and only answerable to themselves.

Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: October 16, 2018 14:12

My vinyl copy arrived today.
Not exactly a boxed-set:
Once you removed the slipover cover reproducing the classic 'letter' art-work, you find a second cover (fold-open) with the well-known toilet wall. This second cover is some-how reworked with personnel who've made this re-issue possible. No inner sleeves at all. The 12" is one-sided with etched back-side reproducing the album cover. No inserts, no photographs, no essays.
Records are pressed in Chzec Republic and rear cover informs that it's a celeberative edition
No exactly bad, but a very, very poor effort.
Bye, Luca

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-16 14:53 by 1963luca0.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 16, 2018 16:36

1963luca0
no essays.

Yeah a comprehensive box on top of 4 or 5 extra discs should include a lenghty essay by a serious rock writer, someone from "Mojo or "Uncut".

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 27, 2018 23:26

Bye, Luca

………………..I'm Kleined to agree …….

ROCKMAN

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: October 28, 2018 12:44

Rockman
Bye, Luca

Droll.

Rod

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 29, 2018 03:21

Rockman
Bye, Luca

We'll buy it though. We're Allen for that.

Date: October 29, 2018 10:04

treaclefingers
Rockman
Bye, Luca

Droll-ER

Rod

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: October 29, 2018 16:57

bitusa2012
treaclefingers
Rockman
Bye, Luca

Droll-ER

Beggars can't be boozers...

Date: October 29, 2018 17:27

actually maybe they can be ...

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: October 30, 2018 01:11

1963luca0

a second cover (fold-open) with the well-known toilet wall. This second cover is some-how reworked with personnel who've made this re-issue possible.

Bye, Luca

Thanks for the info. I'd love to see the differences in the reworked second cover.

Posted by: ash ()
Date: October 30, 2018 10:22

Are there any recording session details in this BB set ?

Date: October 30, 2018 11:16

1963luca0
This second cover is some-how reworked with personnel who've made this re-issue possible.
Bye, Luca

A business card could have sufficed for all the effort that's gone into this, no need for a whole second cover.

Rod

Posted by: thkbeercan ()
Date: October 30, 2018 18:14

In my humble opinion this Beggars Banquet anniversary reissue is a thoroughly pointless release.

Posted by: 999 ()
Date: October 31, 2018 21:46

Japanese release for SACD fanatics :
[www.cdjapan.co.jp]

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: October 31, 2018 22:31

thkbeercan
In my humble opinion this Beggars Banquet anniversary reissue is a thoroughly pointless release.

A bit like Ronnie's 'Set List' book.

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: November 1, 2018 15:33

Just watched 1+1 for the first time...man that was tedious...

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: November 1, 2018 16:06

FrogSugar
That is no Star Wars or Marvel movie winking smiley

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 1, 2018 16:12

FrogSugar
Just watched 1+1 for the first time...man that was tedious.../quote]

Good to know I am not the only one. And I even pride myself on watching some so-called intellectual films or esoteric. I just need the full version of SFTD.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: November 8, 2018 19:02

Sympathy For the Devil at 50: the film & era-defining song by The Rolling Stones

Ritchie Unterberger
November 8, 2018

[pleasekillme.com]

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: November 8, 2018 21:53

Is there a way on the blu ray to cut out the non Stones segments and watch the Stones uninterrupted?

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: November 9, 2018 16:34

Date: November 9, 2018 17:06

Thanks, Cristiano thumbs up

Btw, was the bass always that far left in the soundscape? It's so detached from the rest of the music. I can't recall that being the case before..

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: November 13, 2018 01:17

Here's another take on BB, Goddard and the Stones becoming cultural icons.

[ew.com]

Date: November 13, 2018 04:33

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-30 18:07 by schillid.

Posted by: rovalle ()
Date: November 13, 2018 14:42

FrogSugar

If you think that was tedious you should have been with us in Westwood back then at the theater it originally showed in...and tripping to the Nth didn't help at all...

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: November 13, 2018 14:50

I'm not normally one to be especially critical of these types of releases..and many I've loved ...but the BB release to me is a complete waste of time .

Without substantial additional material and/or markedly improved sound quality, what's the point ?

[I know some folks like "box candy" ...but this is lame .]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-13 15:08 by Spud.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1972
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home