Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 19
Re: Beggars Banquet, One Plus One and Rock and Roll Circus 50th anniversary sets
Date: October 4, 2018 15:32

RoughJusticeOnYa
DandelionPowderman
corriecas
I will get this one from the library.will cost me only E 3.00
Jeroen

It's not free at the library?

...It is at the LIBRARY??

For some 20 odd years, libraries have also been lending out albums. At least here in Norway smiling smiley

Re: Beggars Banquet, One Plus One and Rock and Roll Circus 50th anniversary sets
Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: October 4, 2018 15:37

DandelionPowderman
RoughJusticeOnYa
DandelionPowderman
corriecas
Jeroen

For some 20 odd years, libraries have also been lending out albums. At least here in Norway smiling smiley

Same here (little ole Belgium...) - only: the choice of albums is somewhat questionable (at least: it is over here) smoking smiley

Date: October 4, 2018 15:39

RoughJusticeOnYa
DandelionPowderman
RoughJusticeOnYa
DandelionPowderman
corriecas
Jeroen

Same here (little ole Belgium...) - only: the choice of albums is somewhat questionable (at least: it is over here) smoking smiley

Same here. Seemingly, Jeroen's library is more up to date, and even charge for fresh deluxe-versions smiling smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 4, 2018 16:16

DandelionPowderman
RoughJusticeOnYa
DandelionPowderman
RoughJusticeOnYa
DandelionPowderman
corriecas
Jeroen

Same here. Seemingly, Jeroen's library is more up to date, and even charge for fresh deluxe-versions smiling smiley

The ordinary libraries in Holland dont have the Deluxe editions of artists in their catalogue.
Only/But... there is a central Library in Rotterdam who probably have all the cds of the world in their catalogue !!!
Whats more, you can send them a request if they dont have a specific album in their catalogue, to order it. a few weeks later..the Library has it.

The negative side is.. they dont buy cds from an artists website. For instance i asked for The bura from Bernard. They dont buy those. Hope you know what i mean.

Jeroen

Date: October 4, 2018 16:27

corriecas
DandelionPowderman
RoughJusticeOnYa
DandelionPowderman
RoughJusticeOnYa
DandelionPowderman
corriecas
Jeroen

The ordinary libraries in Holland dont have the Deluxe editions of artists in their catalogue.
Only/But... there is a central Library in Rotterdam who probably have all the cds of the world in their catalogue !!!
Whats more, you can send them a request if they dont have a specific album in their catalogue, to order it. a few weeks later..the Library has it.

The negative side is.. they dont buy cds from an artists website. For instance i asked for The bura from Bernard. They dont buy those. Hope you know what i mean.

Jeroen

Hang on to the central library! Yes, I know what you mean. A great service anyhow thumbs up

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: October 4, 2018 16:30

This Deluxe release of Beggars is appalling. And after I told ABKCO so, I got banned.

Mathijs

Date: October 4, 2018 17:08

Mathijs
This Deluxe release of Beggars is appalling. And after I told ABKCO so, I got banned.

Mathijs

grinning smiley

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: October 4, 2018 17:14

Mathijs, I'm on your side for the record. After all the hype they could have done a little more. How about a couple different takes of SFTD at least. Oh well.

Posted by: ChrisMahavishnu ()
Date: October 4, 2018 17:28

While the Beggars Banquet 50th is just as pointless as the Satanic Majesties release from last year, it will be great to finally have an official vinyl release of The Rolling Stones Rock And Roll Circus.

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: October 4, 2018 17:59

Agreed, 'Beggars' re-issue is a let down, but the restored "Sympathy for the Devil" film is exciting, and DEFINITELY the new RnR Circus...the strange plastic jewel case/packaging on that '96 edition has long since become unglued!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-04 18:54 by floodonthepage.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: October 4, 2018 18:06

Mathijs

Mathijs

Who banned you?... from what?

Posted by: gimme_shelter ()
Date: October 5, 2018 00:41

schillid
Mathijs

Mathijs

Who banned you?... from what?

ABKCO on facebook. No negative reactions on this "deluxe" edition allowed.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 5, 2018 00:57

Another hack reissue job ….. YAWN....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: October 5, 2018 13:12

Sympathy Blu-ray delayed until November 2nd in USA per Bullmoose and Amazon

Posted by: Captain Teague ()
Date: October 5, 2018 13:50

It makes you wonder how ABKCO's marketing research works?

Q - Who are the target audience who would buy a BB deluxe package?

A - That would be us, die hard fans/collectors. The average punter is not going to shell out for this when the single CD containing all the songs is on Amazon for under £10.

I would consider myself as a die hard long term fan and I don't even own the CD of this album. My vinyl copy is still in excellent condition and I will be giving this reissue a miss, as I did with TSMR.

Like everyone else I was excited by the prospect of this release and even the possible inclusion of JJF and Child of the Moon on their spiritual home. To coin an English phrase this release is complete b*llocks!

If there is one next year, I assume that the 50th anniversary reissue of LIB will be less disappointing as we will have 'no expectations' of any bonus material!

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: October 5, 2018 13:59

Time for getting the rights back in one way or another, maybe in co-operation with Universal, or another record company or by themselves. This is a dead end street with these ABCKO releases I think.

In a buy out everybody wins.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-05 14:00 by barbabang.

Date: October 5, 2018 14:04

These will sell, and I doubt it will be the casual fan buying them. Funny thing is everywhere I look I read nothing but negative comments. I'm sticking to my guns, not buying. There's no draw for me. Maybe if they would have added a hologram somewhere I would have been enticed. I still have a problem passing up the vinyl box with that great tongue. But I think I'm over the hump already. Saved some money.

Date: October 5, 2018 14:36

Where are all these 50 year anniversary releases? I dont see them anywhere.

It's a pity that the Stones don't really dig deep for the fans on all these type of releases. They, probably more than any other band, have a huge trove of treasures that could make these Box Sets very special.
From '68 all the way up to '81 they could deliver some superb sets ; if they only would let someone at it.

Date: October 5, 2018 15:16

Actually I don't think any of the 50th Anniversary sets are out before 9 November. John Lennon Imagine is out today, but it's not an anniversary release. Also the LZ book is out for what it's worth.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: October 5, 2018 16:05

Beggar's Banquet is my favourite album , but I think I'll pass on this. I think the Stones have a veto over all unreleased 60s studio and we will see a similar "nothing new" LIB next year. That will be the end of the 50th anniversary cash in for Abkco . We may see the Stones acquiring the 60s stuff in the future if Abkco feel they have nothing else to milk.

I think I'll buy the White Album 4 LP instead.

sc uk

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: October 5, 2018 17:46

straycatuk
Beggar's Banquet is my favourite album , but I think I'll pass on this. I think the Stones have a veto over all unreleased 60s studio and we will see a similar "nothing new" LIB next year. That will be the end of the 50th anniversary cash in for Abkco . We may see the Stones acquiring the 60s stuff in the future if Abkco feel they have nothing else to milk.

I think I'll buy the White Album 4 LP instead.

sc uk

If ABKCO were inclined to sell, which I doubt, they would look for the highest bidder. Its likely that Sony and the other majors would out bid The Stones financially, unless they cut a joint deal with Universal.
I think Mick would be like Macca who was unwilling to outbid for Northern Songs, so lost out to Jacko ...a decision he has never got over.
In pure cash terms the publishing must be the more lucrative income stream. In that regard ABKCO have done a good job...I think that was always Klein's forte. He knew the ongoing value of the copyrights.
The recordings/masters have a much more limited shelf life now...the Public Domain situation will arrive 2033/40. So why by them back now? The time has passed.

In any case, even if The Stones did by back the recordings, would we see the unreleased stuff? I doubt it somehow. Otherwise a deal could have been cut between the relevant (2) parties. Not that complex.

Date: October 5, 2018 17:53

frankotero
Actually I don't think any of the 50th Anniversary sets are out before 9 November. John Lennon Imagine is out today, but it's not an anniversary release. Also the LZ book is out for what it's worth.

Frankotero, which LZ book is that? The one by Margotin, the guy who has done great books on Dylan, Beatles, Pink Floyd and Stones already?
btw-I just got the New Barbarian book. Its pretty fun. Only Ron Wood can turn a bunch of flyers, hotel receipts and scribbles into a glossy book.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-05 17:55 by Palace Revolution 2000.

One Plus One 50th anniversary
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 5, 2018 18:52

Why ‘Sympathy for the Devil’ Is Still an Essential Rolling Stones Movie

Revisiting Godard’s chaotic, controversial “documentary” of the band recording a classic song as a new 50th anniversary restoration hits shelves

By Dan Epstein

Keystone Features/Hulton Archive/Getty Images

[www.rollingstone.com]

Date: October 5, 2018 19:41

Palace Revolution 2000, the Zep book is their official 50th Anniversary offering. Personally I don't know what to expect, that's the cynical side of me. The optimistic side hopes it's worth the price and there's lots of great pictures and unknown stories. I'll wait and see what other fans say first before I take the plunge. Been disappointed too many times already. I think it's common these days.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: October 6, 2018 06:34

How stupid is all this? Just take the 2002 SACD/DSD release ABKCO themselves put out, add JJR and Child of the Moon, and make your own Beggar's Banquet Deluxe. It will sound as good as any remastering they've come up with. No new audio. That's all I give a crap about.

Posted by: ThePaleRider ()
Date: October 6, 2018 16:59

24FPS
How stupid is all this? Just take the 2002 SACD/DSD release ABKCO themselves put out, add JJR and Child of the Moon, and make your own Beggar's Banquet Deluxe. It will sound as good as any remastering they've come up with. No new audio. That's all I give a crap about.

Lol...I'm sure that if someone from ABKCO reads this their first thought will be "Why didn't we think of that?"

Posted by: ThePaleRider ()
Date: October 6, 2018 17:04

I'm pretty sure that the person given the task of putting the Beggars Banquet Deluxe together was barely 21 with several nose rings and had to look everything up on Wikipedia...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 7, 2018 02:56

ROCKMAN

Posted by: shattered1978 ()
Date: October 7, 2018 09:38

Is that the guy who made this?
winking smiley
[rollingstones.bravado.de]

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: October 7, 2018 13:14

... they could have thrown in something nice at least...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1748
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home