Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 19
Re: Beggars Banquet and Rock and Roll Circus 50th anniversary sets to be released?
Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: September 21, 2018 20:02

dmay
This was posted on a music site I frequent. If it's been posted previously, please excuse my re-post.

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Ray Connolly. Wow, he's been around forever. Nothing really new in the article..had forgotten it was going to end up as a TV film.
Maybe the experience put them off TV work thereafter (in favour of cinema).
Look forward to the Lennon book...you just wonder though...anything new to reveal?

Re: Beggars Banquet and Rock and Roll Circus 50th anniversary sets to be released?
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 21, 2018 23:36

S.T.P
It's time for a complete Hyde Park'69 audio.

Couldn't they - with the magic of modern audio technology - retune the guitar parts that are out of tune?

Date: September 21, 2018 23:43

Krzysztof
I hope it will not be released like TSMR. I am waiting for official information. It would be great to get a third disc from outtakes:

-Blood Red Wine
-Family
-Give Me A Hamburger To Go
-Lady (?)
-Still A Fool
-Power Cut (?)
-Thief For The Blues (?)
-Too Far To Walk (?)

and another great takes/outtakes/alternate versions from BB

yes bring that on

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 22, 2018 00:22

Palace Revolution 2000
DandelionPowderman
24FPS
DandelionPowderman
His Majesty
Rocky Dijon
While some would debate how important Brian was to BEGGARS, I wasn't aware Stu had much of a role at all.

Those people should consider that Brian plays on more tracks than Bill. winking smiley

With Nicky on board and playing magically, Stu may hav4e just decided to leave all the piano playing to him. Same with TSMR.

No Bill on acoustic bass on Dear Doctor, as some sites claim?

Bill:
Maracas on Sympathy For the Devil
Bass on No Expectations
Double Bass on Dear Doctor
Bass on Parachute Woman
Bass on Jigsaw Puzzle
Bass on Stray Cat Blues
Bass on Factory Girl
Bass on Salt of the Earth

Plus organ on Jumpin' Jack Flash
Bass on Child of the Moon

It's Keith on Jig Saw Puzzle.

That's always been up for debate though. JP has a couple of credits that have never really been resolved. The slide too. IMO the Bass sounds way more like Bill Wyman.

It depends on how credible you feel the recent 'All The Songs' is. Plus, it's the only Rolling Stones song to mention the bass player.

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: September 22, 2018 00:34

I really hope it's not just a stereo, fold down mono CDs and a dvd of Circus with nothing new. Hate to be negative but after TSMR, I kinda worry

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 22, 2018 00:42

I think we'll definitely see "Pay Your Dues." I wouldn't be surprised if they added "Jumpin' Jack Flash" and "Child of the Moon" to the bonus disc. "Still a Fool" seems very likely. "No Expectations" with Brian mixed down from THE LONDON YEARS box set. "Stray Cat Blues" without the fade out. An early, but complete "Sympathy for the Devil." The straight version of "Dear Doctor." Those seem probable. I would love to see "Stuck Out All Alone" and "Blood Red Wine" included, but I think they're highly unlikely.

I could be completely off, but I thought ROCK 'N' ROLL CIRCUS was getting a separate release. I was rather expecting the rehearsals to be the bonus content there.

We'll know soon, of course.

Posted by: nick ()
Date: September 22, 2018 00:44

Beggar's Banquet is a fold down in mono except for Sympathy. Prodigal Son is barely stereo.

Posted by: boogaloojef ()
Date: September 28, 2018 13:49

[www.imwan.com]

Deluxe Edition
US - TBA
CA - TBA
UK - TBA

1CD Standard Edition
US - Available for pre-order soon: [www.amazon.com]
CA - Available for pre-order soon: [www.amazon.ca]
UK - [www.amazon.co.uk]

Iwwan is listing a 50th Anniversary version of Beggars Banquet scheduled for release on 11-16-2018.

No details as of yet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-28 13:50 by boogaloojef.

Date: September 28, 2018 14:00

£14.65? Probably won't be a lot of bonus material on this one... sad smiley

PS: The american and canadian links leads to nothing...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-28 14:01 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: September 28, 2018 15:21

DandelionPowderman

It's only a single disc.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: September 28, 2018 15:41

Deltics
DandelionPowderman

It's only a single disc.

If you look at my post, the Deluxe Edition links aren't active yet. That is why next to the Deluxe Editions it says TBA = To Be Announced.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-28 15:45 by boogaloojef.

Date: September 28, 2018 15:42

DandelionPowderman

That is reason they say pre-order soon as they are not active yet.

Imwan works in conjunction with Amazon to obtain their release information.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-28 15:44 by boogaloojef.

Date: September 28, 2018 15:55

boogaloojef
DandelionPowderman

Thanks!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 28, 2018 16:10

boogaloojef
DandelionPowderman

Thanks for the info, but are they connected? I always thought that was a forum of well-informed people with better knowledge about how to use Amazon's search engines.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: September 28, 2018 16:20

I've been told about a deluxe edition with outtakes and/or alternative takes, but that was months ago, nothing at all during the last weeks.

Abkco will release something, that's for sure.

Date: September 28, 2018 16:23

georgelicks
I've been told about a deluxe edition with outtakes and/or alternative takes, but that was months ago, nothing at all during the last weeks.

But will it be distributed by Universal? Only in the US/Canada, perhaps?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 28, 2018 16:45

georgelicks

Yes, the SFTD-Film in 4K on 5-Oct-2018: [iorr.org] , [www.abkco.com] .

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: September 28, 2018 16:51

Irix
georgelicks

Yes, the SFTD-Film in 4K on 5-Oct-2018: [iorr.org] , [www.abkco.com] .
Not available in Europe?

Date: September 28, 2018 17:23

Cristiano Radtke
boogaloojef
DandelionPowderman

Thanks for the info, but are they connected? I always thought that was a forum of well-informed people with better knowledge about how to use Amazon's search engines.

They have a link on one of their pages which takes you to all the Amazon new releases for the week. In addition, I think it is set up so if you go to Amazon through one of their links and make a purchase, they receive a small percentage from Amazon to help support the forum.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-28 17:26 by boogaloojef.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 28, 2018 17:41

boogaloojef
Cristiano Radtke
boogaloojef
DandelionPowderman

They have a link on one of their pages which takes you to all the Amazon new releases for the week. In addition, I think it is set up so if you go to Amazon through one of their links and make a purchase, they receive a small percentage from Amazon to help support the forum.

Thanks for thee clarification, boogaloojef. thumbs up

Posted by: stones1969 ()
Date: September 30, 2018 14:54

Here's a link to a web site with an article about the 50th anniversary release of Beggars Banquet. Not much details but maybe we'll here something from ABKCO very soon.
[www.musictap.com]

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: October 1, 2018 14:34

[www.amazon.co.uk]

This link on amazon uk says 3 discs for the vinyl edition. (2 LP's and 1 SACD ?)

Date: October 1, 2018 14:37

kowalski
[www.amazon.co.uk]

This link on amazon uk says 3 discs for the vinyl edition. (2 LP's and 1 SACD ?)

BB over 2 vinyl discs and Rock'n'Roll Circus on DVD?

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: October 1, 2018 14:45

DandelionPowderman
kowalski
[www.amazon.co.uk]

Or one vinyl, one SACd and one DVD ?

Date: October 1, 2018 14:47

kowalski
DandelionPowderman
kowalski
[www.amazon.co.uk]

Or one vinyl, one SACd and one DVD ?

Where does it say that there is a SACD in the vinyl box set? I can't see that..

Product details:

Vinyl (16 Nov. 2018)
Number of Discs: 3
Format: Box set
Label: Decca -Pop
ASIN: B07F7RSQMT

Date: October 1, 2018 14:52

Sorry if posted earlier.. No real news, really (did we know about the single come Wednesday?).

ABKCO TO ROLL OUT 2018 REMASTER OF THE ROLLING STONES CLASSIC, BEGGARS BANQUET

There is never a shortage of Rolling Stones music. From their early beginnings until their last original studio set, A Bigger Bang, the band has remains one of the great bands of our history. As the 50 Year anniversaries pile on for many classics, Stones and otherwise, it’s no surprise to find our favorites getting the appropriate treatment, some with lavish attention, others with simple remasters. For the Rolling Stones, 2018 marks the 50th Anniversary of Beggars Banquet.

[www.musictap.com]

On November 16, Abkco Records will pull the wraps off a new remaster for Beggars Banquet. The album will celebrate the passing with several forms of the album. There will be the inevitable 2018 remaster on CD, DD, HD DD (in both 192kHz/24-bit, and 96kHz/24-bit), and a digital DSD version. I expect an LP set to be made available as well (why not, right?!)

On October 3, Abkco will release a 2018 remastered version of “Street Fighting Man” for purchase and streaming.

There’s not much in the way of information (other than what’s been noted). Keep your fingers crossed for extravagance to mark the celebration!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-01 14:54 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: October 1, 2018 16:37

What can we expect on this? We all know that outtakes from BB sessions were taken over to the LIB sessions. What material could have been left?
Guess the so called deluxe version will feature some photos (e.g. Keith feeding Mick with an apple), cover versions and 10 pages of text why BB is such an outstanding album recorded in times of outstanding moods ... Nothing new, I'm afraid

Date: October 1, 2018 16:41

What about "Stuck Out All Alone" / "Highway Child" etc. ??

Date: October 1, 2018 16:49

Meise
What can we expect on this? We all know that outtakes from BB sessions were taken over to the LIB sessions. What material could have been left?
Guess the so called deluxe version will feature some photos (e.g. Keith feeding Mick with an apple), cover versions and 10 pages of text why BB is such an outstanding album recorded in times of outstanding moods ... Nothing new, I'm afraid

Child Of The Moon (acoustic)
Jig Saw Puzzle (various takes)
And I Was A Country Boy
Dear Doctor (various takes)
Stray Cat Blues (various takes)
Stuck Out All Alone
Highway Child
Still A Fool

Were these songs really taken over to the LIB-sessions?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-01 16:50 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: October 1, 2018 18:39

What about Travelin Man??

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1671
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home