Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 19
Re: Beggars Banquet and Rock and Roll Circus 50th anniversary sets to be released?
Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: July 6, 2018 09:40

24FPS
JJF and Child of the Moon should be property put with BB. Just as Honky Tonk Women should be part of Let It Bleed.

They were but at this time and for the last time, singles were not included in the new lp.

Re: Beggars Banquet and Rock and Roll Circus 50th anniversary sets to be released?
Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: July 6, 2018 17:08

Hairball
Looking forward to the Beggars Deluxe, but even more so the Beatles White album Deluxe.
What will be on either is anyone's guess really, but I won't complain or praise until I get them, or maybe before that when the outrageous prices are revealed ha.

I am also looking forward to the release of the Beatles White Deluxe. I am hoping that we will get decent sounding acoustic versions of tunes that have been released on Beatle bootlegs.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: July 6, 2018 17:46

I'm curious if these reissues are strictly ABKCO or if they'll be ABKCO and Promotone like the BBC set. If it is not Promotone, I very much doubt Don Was will be involved. If there are alternate versions or a few outtakes included, I wonder if this is part of what Mick and Keith were up to in the studio earlier this year along with writing and reworking new material.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: July 6, 2018 18:36

Posting Photoshop faked pictures on IORR might be fun but in general I will not allow it.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-03 20:44 by schillid.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 6, 2018 22:41

schillid

Posting Photoshop faked pictures on IORR might be fun but in general I will not allow it.

Thx Cristiano...I've put my order in for 3 sets. A play copy, a museum copy, and a 'sell' copy, that I'll sell to pay for all 3 when it triples in price.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: July 7, 2018 03:21

ONE PLUS ONE, not SFTD? Excellent!

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: July 7, 2018 03:25

That movie is already released on blu ray. I bought it a couple of years ago. Strange!

Date: July 7, 2018 03:28

GJV
That movie is already released on blu ray. I bought it a couple of years ago. Strange!

ONE PLUS ONE? Region 1?

Date: July 7, 2018 03:40

OK apparently there was a UK ONE PLUS ONE but I'm told it's "not very good". Maybe this will be an improvement, w/SFTD cut as a bonus?

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: July 7, 2018 05:00

Rocky Dijon
I'm curious if these reissues are strictly ABKCO or if they'll be ABKCO and Promotone like the BBC set. If it is not Promotone, I very much doubt Don Was will be involved. If there are alternate versions or a few outtakes included, I wonder if this is part of what Mick and Keith were up to in the studio earlier this year along with writing and reworking new material.

Yes, that's very much the question at stake. I've been told some time ago that the Stones were contacted to look for tapes that are not in ABKCO's possession. That would indeed indicate it's going to be an ABKCO/Promotone joint venture. As we all know, ABKCO is in no legal position to release any previously unreleased material without agreement with the band even if the material originates from the ABKCO contractual timeframe.

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: July 7, 2018 08:00

I would love an official release of the wonderful version of 'You Got The Silver' with Mick on vocals. There is also a great acoustic early version of All Down The Line that might be Beggars era material. There's great stuff in that particular vault anyway.

Posted by: Kingbeebuzz ()
Date: July 7, 2018 12:54

In 2019 it will be 50 years since Brian died.
What a wonderful opportunity to create a BB anniversary package AND finally acknowledge the founder of the band.
I would love to hear all studio recordings of No Expectations including all the surrounding chat. Or isolated tracks from say SFM.
A really imaginative package of sound could be put together.

Date: July 7, 2018 16:18

Tate
I would love an official release of the wonderful version of 'You Got The Silver' with Mick on vocals. There is also a great acoustic early version of All Down The Line that might be Beggars era material. There's great stuff in that particular vault anyway.

None of those are Beggars material. Wasn't the acoustic take of ADTL released officially, btw?

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 7, 2018 17:04

Tate
I would love an official release of the wonderful version of 'You Got The Silver' with Mick on vocals.
Funny I've hated it since the day I first heard it (early 90's).
I hope Don Was agrees with me othewise it'll be on the expanded LIB release grinning smiley

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: July 7, 2018 18:04

Im hoping for the best but wouldn't be shocked if nothing NEW actually is released .

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 7, 2018 18:33

Kingbeebuzz
In 2019 it will be 50 years since Brian died.
What a wonderful opportunity to create a BB anniversary package AND finally acknowledge the founder of the band.
I would love to hear all studio recordings of No Expectations including all the surrounding chat. Or isolated tracks from say SFM.
A really imaginative package of sound could be put together.

Really? This band? We'll be lucky if Brian and Bill aren't airbrushed out.

Posted by: arizojp ()
Date: July 7, 2018 19:08

Glam Descendant
OK apparently there was a UK ONE PLUS ONE but I'm told it's "not very good". Maybe this will be an improvement, w/SFTD cut as a bonus?

One + One blu-ray was released ten years ago in France by Carlotta films as a digibook, HD master, PCM mono (region B/2)
Both versions of the movie are included (One + One and Sympathy for the Devil).

Bonus (upscaled to HD) :
"From One + One to Sympathy" : short documentary (6')
"One + One" by Jean Douchet & Christophe Conte : crossed documentary on Godard and the Rolling Stones in 1968 (23')
"Voices" : Jean-Luc Godard portrait (1968 - color/N&B - 43')

UK blu-ray is not the same edition and it's poor.
They didn't licence french edition.
Look here :
[www.blu-ray.com]

Front cover of Carlotta edition :

Back cover :

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-07 19:33 by arizojp.

Posted by: boogaloojef ()
Date: July 7, 2018 19:31

DandelionPowderman
Tate

None of those are Beggars material. Wasn't the acoustic take of ADTL released officially, btw?

No it wasn't officially released. It was a different alternate take that appeared as a Japan only bonus track on the Japanese version of the Deluxe Edition of Exile On Main St. I believe this take was also available as a download. It is an earlier electric take with more of a country flavor to the track.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-07 19:34 by boogaloojef.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 7, 2018 19:57

Tate

You Got The Silver is from February 1969. ADTL much later.

So if the quality of the research department for the previous reissues are anything to go by, they'll be a shoe-in for a Beggars Banquet release.

Posted by: gastonl74 ()
Date: July 7, 2018 20:26

I hope that in the new Circus publication, Brian's Guitar will be audibly played !!
and Place the other tracks they did like Route 66, Yonder Wall, Confessin the blues, and Walkin Blues

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 7, 2018 20:26

Gazza
Tate

You Got The Silver is from February 1969. ADTL much later.

So if the quality of the research department for the previous reissues are anything to go by, they'll be a shoe-in for a Beggars Banquet release.

I understand your contempt given the kitchen sink approach with Exile, but don't you think even the research dept. would offer this up for LET IT BLEED next year, as that has to be considered an even bigger release than Beggar's?

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: July 7, 2018 20:35

Glam Descendant

I bought it years ago at a record fair, but I must admit I have never watched it (it's probably even still sealed), so I can't say anything about the quality.

Date: July 7, 2018 23:39

arizojp
Glam Descendant

One + One blu-ray was released ten years ago in France by Carlotta films as a digibook, HD master, PCM mono (region B/2)
Both versions of the movie are included (One + One and Sympathy for the Devil).

Thanks very much for the informative post, very helpful!

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: July 8, 2018 17:44

Hope there is added stuff that makes it worth buying. Rehash of same ol same old is to be expected though.

The cassette take of Pay Your Dues/SFM available at Exhibitionism should be on there.

Jeez, just release a massive box set of everything they've got. The satanic box set with multiple takes is fascinating to me. Release every single recorded note online or something.

They can then rehash all of it over and again instead of holding stuff back from ever being heard.

This is history ffs! Let us hear it!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-08 20:40 by His Majesty.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: July 8, 2018 19:02

Sorry, wrong thread.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-08 19:03 by Rocky Dijon.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: July 9, 2018 00:41

retired_dog
Rocky Dijon

Yes, that's very much the question at stake. I've been told some time ago that the Stones were contacted to look for tapes that are not in ABKCO's possession. That would indeed indicate it's going to be an ABKCO/Promotone joint venture. As we all know, ABKCO is in no legal position to release any previously unreleased material without agreement with the band even if the material originates from the ABKCO contractual timeframe.

If it becomes a 'joint' project it would surely mean ABKCO taking a smaller cut of any profits.
Would they go with that?

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: July 9, 2018 21:27

Rocky Dijon

As always, you are spot on! Could you provide where you got the info regarding Mick and Keith in the studio? At another board?

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: July 9, 2018 21:42

jlowe
retired_dog
Rocky Dijon

If it becomes a 'joint' project it would surely mean ABKCO taking a smaller cut of any profits.
Would they go with that?

Well, it all depends on their sales expectations. You can sell only X copies of a product with "recycled" previously released material. How much more (and most likely at a higher price) copies can you sell with previously unreleased bonus content included?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-09 21:43 by retired_dog.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: July 13, 2018 17:39

Just a thought: If there is unreleased material out there (demos, first takes, other tracks etc ) won't they become Public Domain property after 50 years?
I assume any ABKCO/Stones agreement couldn't put a stop to that happening?

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: July 13, 2018 18:44

jlowe
Just a thought: If there is unreleased material out there (demos, first takes, other tracks etc ) won't they become Public Domain property after 50 years?
I assume any ABKCO/Stones agreement couldn't put a stop to that happening?

Yes, at least for Europe. But, given how they have handled the 1966 and 1967 music, it seems they aren't that bothered about copyrighting all that much.

It's all well and good this stuff becoming public domain, getting your hands on it in the first place to release or hear any of it is the real challenge.

Collectors etc are still going to protect their un-circulated recordings. A stones/Brian fan has the Brian - Sure I Do acetate, won't let us hear it though even though copyright ran out in 2013/4.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2131
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home