Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 9 of 10
Re: Stuttgart Germany 30-June-2018 Rolling Stones No Filter live updates
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 2, 2018 02:00

benstones
Hello everyone!

Here is my video of Street Fighting Man: [www.youtube.com]

Hope you'll enjoy it!!
Nicely done!
Such a great opener this tour!!

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 2, 2018 10:20

Leonioid
ThroughTheLonelyNights
The Worst.
caschimann
ThroughTheLonelyNights
The Worst.

l some security guy decided to be the big boss of the place .

local security with a lot of Mr. and Mrs. "Important" who are bothering people rather than looking for security.

uncool security guys on the same events.

who wanted to do everything in his power to make sure people did not have fun.

I am glad, they didn´t throw me out...

Real bummer to hear... but I guess it is good we have not heard of this very often at Stones shows over time... I hadn't even thought about it... but these security schmucks certainly have it in their power to mess up shows. It is one of the reason I love a GA floor. Not only to get away from jerky security people but also jerky fans or any trouble... when trouble comes up I move on down the road... but...

What to do when you have front row?

As much as I love front row, been there many times over the years, but starting about 10-15 years ago it seems security morons started taking their rent a cop job too seriously. When I was a kid an lived on the front row over and over the security guys were cooler... and as long as we didn't fight they didn't care what we did... then it changed and we started seeing these security jerks jumping the barricade barreling over row to grab someones camera from the 5th row, or running out to grab someone smoking a doobie... or something equal non event.... and then goon comes prancing back up like he is some kind of hero.

It has made me not even want front row anymore. I have had one too many concerts be kind of a bummer as I standing front row and right in front of me, 3 feet away, is some goofball rent a cop, staring right at me ALL NIGHT!!! I am not doing anything wrong... but all show there he is, standing there, looking all tough guy... it is joke... a bad joke.

Gimme GA all year... I like room to move... room to roam away from trouble.

I don't think they're allowed to face the stage, and they have to look somewhere, so all through Hyde Park I had a (female) security person facing me with the sourest expression imaginable, which makes you feel rather selfconscious about dancing/singing even if they don't do anything else ( which she didn't). But Mr Important sounds like a proper little dictator.

Posted by: yvonnedanger ()
Date: July 2, 2018 10:40

Seems like Facebook is blocking access to their pages from elsewhere, even though I posted my photos as public... so I quickly put my Stones photos from Stuttgart on my blog:

Yvönne Dänger's Rolling Stones photos from Stuttgart (front row)

PS: Can't wait for someone to put a live recording online for download. I had an EXCELLENT time and really enjoyed the concert.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-02 10:42 by yvonnedanger.

Posted by: Gigbag ()
Date: July 2, 2018 10:54

So the reason I did not want to go to Stuttgart was because I had the worst experience in Düsseldorf with this Sitdown Golden Circle. Seats are of course never good at a Stones gig because as soon as they hit SFM, everybody stands up.

So I got bossed around by some security guy in Düsseldorf and decided it was not worht my money to go through the same ordeal again.(Luckily I got Pit tickets last minute on Saturday morning when they dumped them on Viagogo at half price).

Anyway, the best golden circle, is the one where you pay a little extra over GA and you get to stand up and dance. If the guy next to you is a little too much in your personal space, you can you just step aside. THe German golden circles are a horror, one step out of line, and you are screwed.

As to the security guys, don't take it out on them. Maybe they are not nice people but in the end they are just doing their job. If you want to be mad at somebody, it is the guy in charge, the guy who decides to charge 500EUR for a seat where nobody wants to sit and the guy who tells the security guys how to behave.

In the end, I think, the promotor would sell his GC tickets quicker if he would just kick out the chairs and charge a little less. GC London was perfect. He could also sell more tickets because if there are less chairs, there is more space for people . Anyone who wants a seat can find it in the stands.
Finally, I am surprised that the Stones let this GC sitdown chaos continue. They should have known since 64 Kurhaus that forcing people to sit down, either gives chaos or a huge security bill.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 2, 2018 11:00

Thanks for the nice pictures .... thumbs up

Posted by: yvonnedanger ()
Date: July 2, 2018 11:08

^^ woops, looks like I messed up the watermark on this one. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: July 2, 2018 13:29

Irix

Thanks for the nice pictures .... thumbs up

That really is a beautiful picture!

d.f

Posted by: RollingStonesFan ()
Date: July 2, 2018 16:28

I just checked some newspapers of Baden-Württemberg today. All reviews are really amazing. Accordand: "brilliant", "best Stuttgart show ever", "great music", "band in best shape of their life", "great guitars".None of eight big articles I have read had one single negative word. That's fine, I think!

Some papers even wrote: they will come back!

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: July 2, 2018 19:26

Green Lady
Leonioid
ThroughTheLonelyNights
The Worst.
caschimann
ThroughTheLonelyNights
The Worst.

local security with a lot of Mr. and Mrs. "Important" who are bothering people rather than looking for security.

Real bummer to hear... but I guess it is good we have not heard of this very often at Stones shows over time... I hadn't even thought about it... but these security schmucks certainly have it in their power to mess up shows. It is one of the reason I love a GA floor. Not only to get away from jerky security people but also jerky fans or any trouble... when trouble comes up I move on down the road... but...

As much as I love front row, been there many times over the years, but starting about 10-15 years ago it seems security morons started taking their rent a cop job too seriously. When I was a kid an lived on the front row over and over the security guys were cooler... and as long as we didn't fight they didn't care what we did... then it changed and we started seeing these security jerks jumping the barricade barreling over row to grab someones camera from the 5th row, or running out to grab someone smoking a doobie... or something equal non event.... and then goon comes prancing back up like he is some kind of hero.

It has made me not even want front row anymore. I have had one too many concerts be kind of a bummer as I standing front row and right in front of me, 3 feet away, is some goofball rent a cop, staring right at me ALL NIGHT!!! I am not doing anything wrong... but all show there he is, standing there, looking all tough guy... it is joke... a bad joke.

I don't think they're allowed to face the stage, and they have to look somewhere, so all through Hyde Park I had a (female) security person facing me with the sourest expression imaginable, which makes you feel rather selfconscious about dancing/singing even if they don't do anything else ( which she didn't). But Mr Important sounds like a proper little dictator.

sad smiley to hear about Miss Sourpuss GL...

Yeah they are required to watch the crowd, not watch the show... even back in the day they faced the crowd... but they were different.... they didn't have that TSA/MALLCOP/TOUGHGUY/ENFORCER attititude, they used to be be easy going separators of the stage and crowd. They understood we were at a show to have fun, dance a lil, party a lil, hvae a good time... they "got it" and they were a non-issue, I actually liked them because they kicked out the idiots who wanted to fight while leaving good people to their own devices.smoking smiley

Then in the mid-90s it all changed and they became MR/MISS BOSSYPANTS! and that is the way things are... it is what it is. They are going be jerks and I want to stay as far away from them as possible... and I no longer strive to be on the front row (another fun thing in life that went away, like so many other things)

Posted by: dimrstone ()
Date: July 2, 2018 21:30

Gimme Shelter
[www.youtube.com]

Sympathy For The Devil
[www.youtube.com]

Date: July 3, 2018 06:47

Leonioid
Green Lady
Leonioid
ThroughTheLonelyNights
The Worst.
caschimann
ThroughTheLonelyNights
The Worst.

Yeah they are required to watch the crowd, not watch the show... even back in the day they faced the crowd... but they were different.... they didn't have that TSA/MALLCOP/TOUGHGUY/ENFORCER attititude, they used to be be easy going separators of the stage and crowd. They understood we were at a show to have fun, dance a lil, party a lil, hvae a good time... they "got it" and they were a non-issue, I actually liked them because they kicked out the idiots who wanted to fight while leaving good people to their own devices.smoking smiley

Then in the mid-90s it all changed and they became MR/MISS BOSSYPANTS! and that is the way things are... it is what it is. They are going be jerks and I want to stay as far away from them as possible... and I no longer strive to be on the front row (another fun thing in life that went away, like so many other things)

I do not want to blow up the whole thing, but it´s an important issue, as those people can ruin a show for you - and they don´t know what they are destroying for you personally.

I know for sure there were times when Stones security staff did watch all these stupid local security behaviour and intermitted, but I didn´t see any of them lately.
For example: when seating front of stage was invented and people were cheering in front a little bit aside of their seats and Mick was just coming along and he liked the cheering fans - I recognized it personally that the Stones security guy jumped over to these stupid local security guys who tried to stop the cheering atmosphere and "knocked them out".Afterwards they had a problem - not the fans. Nowadays it seems the other way around.

And yes, people who really disturb are a "no go" - but that´s not what we are talking about.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-03 06:59 by ThroughTheLonelyNights.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: July 3, 2018 12:49

ThroughTheLonelyNights
Leonioid
Green Lady
Leonioid
ThroughTheLonelyNights
The Worst.
caschimann
ThroughTheLonelyNights
The Worst.

I do not want to blow up the whole thing, but it´s an important issue, as those people can ruin a show for you - and they don´t know what they are destroying for you personally.

I know for sure there were times when Stones security staff did watch all these stupid local security behaviour and intermitted, but I didn´t see any of them lately.
For example: when seating front of stage was invented and people were cheering in front a little bit aside of their seats and Mick was just coming along and he liked the cheering fans - I recognized it personally that the Stones security guy jumped over to these stupid local security guys who tried to stop the cheering atmosphere and "knocked them out".Afterwards they had a problem - not the fans. Nowadays it seems the other way around.

And yes, people who really disturb are a "no go" - but that´s not what we are talking about.

Agree, i had security problems in France last year, ruined two songs of the show for me and also at Twickenham i saw very heavy handed security that was so uncalled for on people just enjoying the show.
This seems to be a sign of the times.
Also i had a camera confiscated in Paris 3, plenty of other's with similar cameras having no problems.
Very off putting, far too many rules and regulations regarding seeing a Rock concert, some people take advantage of being in authority.
I don't think this is just a problem with the Stuttgart gig security, we are seeing this all over Europe.
If anyone has footage of heavy handed security like i do is there a place we should send it ?. Unbelievable how out of order Twickenham security were on 4 people just singing and dancing along with the show near me.
Yes i understand some drunks can ruin the show for people but in this particular instance they were doing no wrong, just adding to the atmosphere.
I just hope that the Stones management and organizers have a word with security if there are future shows after this tour, perhaps suggest being more understanding of the excitement and maybe join in with the happy vibe as apposed to acting so intimidating and imposing and sometimes downright out of order with the fans.

Posted by: Hopiman ()
Date: July 3, 2018 14:14

keithsman

If anyone has footage of heavy handed security like i do is there a place we should send it ?. Unbelievable how out of order Twickenham security were on 4 people just singing and dancing along with the show near me.
Yes i understand some drunks can ruin the show for people but in this particular instance they were doing no wrong, just adding to the atmosphere.
I just hope that the Stones management and organizers have a word with security if there are future shows after this tour, perhaps suggest being more understanding of the excitement and maybe join in with the happy vibe as apposed to acting so intimidating and imposing and sometimes downright out of order with the fans.

if you have footage from Stuttgart, I'd contact [www.fkpscorpio.com]
as they are the organizers for the German shows and therefore have hired the local security.

Posted by: TornFrayedSue ()
Date: July 3, 2018 17:38

Sorry for all who had bad experience with security, but just want to mention that it is not the same all over Europe. Dublin was way cool, relaxed and everybody having a blast. Security very friendly, and understanding regarding dancing, singing in the aisles, not staying in your seat, I was on Lower Tier 308, Keith's side, and even some of the stewards were dancing and taking pictures. Great atmosphere and over all experience

Rolling Stones - Stuttgart Germany 30-June-2018
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 4, 2018 20:38

With Greg Sowders of The Long Ryders:

Spent some time with the man that inspired me to play the drums (and still does,) the great #charliewatts . Charming, witty, fascinating. The show was a masters’ class on the roots of rock n’ roll delivered loud and clear.

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: Reus23 ()
Date: July 4, 2018 21:17

Did anyone notice that mick had forgotten his harmonica during Ride 'em on Down?

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: July 7, 2018 15:43

Well, I just have to tell you my story...

I was PIT B. When the show started, I couldn´t see Charlie
behind his big cymbal, so I decided to move backwards and
closer to the catwalk.

Believe it or not: During the last third of JJF Mick took off
his shirt he was already wearing during Miss You, Midnight Rambler
and Start Me Up. He came along the catwalk and threw it...into
my direction. And once again: The longest arm wins! I took
it down, people were yelling, two wanted to touch it and
one wanted to smell!

Lucky me...and believe me, if this was my last show ever, it´s
a nice present!

Facts: It´s a Calvin Klein shirt, size S!!!!
And this man doesn´t sweat. Only the armpits were slightly moist.

Now I´m trying to store it behind glass, but there´s no space on my
wall anymore. Problems, problems...spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Some pics collected from YouTube videos:

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-06 01:26 by TooTough.

Posted by: thomas guitar ()
Date: July 7, 2018 18:09

TooTough

closer to the catwalk.

one wanted to smell!

a nice present!

Thomas du glücklicher. Aber verdient. Hast Du auch ein Pick während der Tour ergattert?

Posted by: Eintracht ()
Date: July 7, 2018 18:25

Wow! Saw you with your Licks Paris Shirt. I had worn my Circus Krone 2003 T-Shirt.

Date: July 7, 2018 19:11

Eintracht
Wow! Saw you with your Licks Paris Shirt. I had worn my Circus Krone 2003 T-Shirt.

Was that you, first row?

Date: July 7, 2018 19:22

thomas guitar
Thomas du glücklicher. Aber verdient. Hast Du auch ein Pick während der Tour ergattert?

Diesmal nicht. Habe von Keith 2 in Bremen 98 und eins in London 2007 bekommen.

Allerdings flog mir im März ein Plec von Kirk Hammett an die Brust und blieb
da kleben. Ich hab´n Lauf.grinning smiley

Date: July 8, 2018 01:30

TooTough

closer to the catwalk.

one wanted to smell!

a nice present!

Cool!! Especially on this show I was wondering who got it and how great this must be. I would never wash it and wear it all the time....Interesting it´s size S...

Posted by: toorude ()
Date: July 8, 2018 12:06

TooTough

closer to the catwalk.

one wanted to smell!

I admit: I was the sniffer... hot smiley

Posted by: damnation ()
Date: July 8, 2018 12:26

wow Too Tough! That's a great story! and well documented! Happy for you - enjoy the shirt

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: July 8, 2018 13:23

TooTough

closer to the catwalk.

one wanted to smell!

a nice present!

I was standing close by and watched what was happening. I also saw that someboby wanted to smell the T-Shirt. (I guess the first time Jagger threw a T-shirt in the crowd during the No Filter tour was in Arnhem 2017).
I'm quite surprised that Jagger's T-shirt is a Calvin Klein T-Shirt. I always thought it was a reguar tour T-Shirt (since he wears a different one each show and they look just like the ones they sell at the merchandise)

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 8, 2018 13:55

slewan

I always thought it was a reguar tour T-Shirt (since he wears a different one each show and they look just like the ones they sell at the merchandise)

Maybe this T-Shirt is a mock-up from the Merch-Designer ....

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: July 8, 2018 14:41

toorude
TooTough

closer to the catwalk.

one wanted to smell!

I admit: I was the sniffer... hot smiley

So we now have a problem because I asked for it too grinning smiley But I must admit it didn't smell at all...weired guy.

Posted by: Hansman ()
Date: July 8, 2018 16:32

ThroughTheLonelyNights
TooTough

closer to the catwalk.

one wanted to smell!

a nice present!

Cool!! Especially on this show I was wondering who got it and how great this must be. I would never wash it and wear it all the time....Interesting it´s size S...

Yeah, as superfat and as tall as Jagger is, I expected at least size XXL.

Date: July 10, 2018 18:59

Hansman

Yeah, funny...

Anyway, I´m glad it´s S, it was hard, but I found a frame for that size
on a flea market (for 5€). He wanted 10, but I said he could keep
the "rare" New Model Army poster, I just wanted the frame. grinning smiley

And now it´s ready for display:

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: July 27, 2018 10:14

TooTough
Hansman

Yeah, funny...

Anyway, I´m glad it´s S, it was hard, but I found a frame for that size
on a flea market (for 5€). He wanted 10, but I said he could keep
the "rare" New Model Army poster, I just wanted the frame. grinning smiley

And now it´s ready for display:

Hi Thomas,
As you can see I went through this link and read your adventure. What an experience! The perfect memory of possibly the band's last concert in Germany. So is ours of Arnhem. In fact it was my daughter, who initially was "Fighting" with five or six men! When Mick threw the shirt, my first thought was "what are you doing?", remembering a terrible fight 23 years ago in Rotterdam, when he threw a totally blanc shirt into the audience. It was torn to pieces.
Well, my daughter had two hands on the shirt, so I had to give her an extra (pretty strong) hand. Soon only a father and his son were left over. Some friendly talking eventually made my daughter "the winner". Later I sent the father and son some nice Stones magazines as consolation. An American offered 200 $ right after the concert, but my daughter's response was "not for a million, it is for my dad". So here I am smileys with beer

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 9 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1913
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home