Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 8 of 10
Re: Stuttgart Germany 30-June-2018 Rolling Stones No Filter live updates
Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 1, 2018 11:14

Topi
Actually I saw a Stones crew employee handing out Pit wristbands to people in GA.

Just a random crew employee being kind? Or perhaps a particular crew employee grinning smiley

If I don’t get Pit with my LDs here in Prague, will try for the same winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-01 11:15 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: bertrichards ()
Date: July 1, 2018 11:17

Topi
Actually I saw a Stones crew employee handing out Pit wristbands to people in GA.

Cool... cool smiley

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: July 1, 2018 11:24

caschimann
ThroughTheLonelyNights
The Worst.

The only negative thing I can think off is the stupid idea of having seats in the golden circle. I was front row, and everything was cool and relaxed with people dancing around until some security guy decided to be the big boss of the place during YCAGWYW. Everyone had to show their ticket, and he flipped out if someone was a row too far away from his/her seat. A guy (stupid enough to argue) was thrown out of the place, with his children following after him. That ruined YCAGWYW and PIB for me. Can't remember much from those songs. For the rest of the show, Mr. Important made sure security was tight. No one in the first rows of A1 and A2 deared to move to the rails or anywhere else for a long time.

I experienced the same. But seats in the golden circle are not the problem or a stupid idea - it´s the local security with a lot of Mr. and Mrs. "Important" who are bothering people rather than looking for security.

They ruined at least 3 songs for me and one moment where Mick was right in front of me. The only thing I did was waving, dancing, jumping, cheering a little bit besides my seat, and it was a peaceful atmosphere of joy and nobody felt disturbed, but these security staff came over to start an argument, where nothing was wrong - enough space for emergency/escape path etc. I mean for those expensive tickets it is a real shame to be treated like that. And the band especially Mick approves the responding audience. I was really thinking about a complain letter to this security company sds-bw.de - but in the end it´s wasting energy.

Besides this - the show was GREAT. Thank you the Rolling Stones - bis bald!!!

As long as I go to concerts since 40 years there are cool and uncool security guys on the same events. The cool guys undeerstand the music and the fans give them freedom and just run essential security matters. The uncool guys doesnt like the band and their dancing fans are annoyed by the fun around them while they have to work and getting more and more silly behaviour towards the fans.
Bur: sometimes a friendly word to them even changes those guys a bit for better,
showing respect for their job is often doing wonders

Agree with both of you.

Last night it was especially one man who seemed to be in charge who wanted to do everything in his power to make sure people did not have fun. He looked at GC constantly, always shaking his head in frustration and was about explode every time someone literally stepped out of line. It was him who threw people out during YCAGWYW because they were standing between the seating sections and not directly in front of their seats.

Later he yelled and screamed at a cool and relaxed security guard because he didn't follow his strict orders. After Brown Sugar I went up to the that guard and told him that he was a cool guy but his boss was an a**hole. He smiled and said thanks, and his colleaague nodded in agreement. Luckily it was "safe" to retreat to the back, so I enjoyed a few songs leaning towards the wall in front of the stands with a good view to a brilliant show.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 1, 2018 11:34

Reports and pictures here:

[iorr.org]

Bjornulf

Date: July 1, 2018 11:58

Well, this is true and great Keith ....

[youtu.be]

Posted by: Promoman2 ()
Date: July 1, 2018 12:26

The Worst.
caschimann
ThroughTheLonelyNights
The Worst.

The only negative thing I can think off is the stupid idea of having seats in the golden circle. I was front row, and everything was cool and relaxed with people dancing around until some security guy decided to be the big boss of the place during YCAGWYW. Everyone had to show their ticket, and he flipped out if someone was a row too far away from his/her seat. A guy (stupid enough to argue) was thrown out of the place, with his children following after him. That ruined YCAGWYW and PIB for me. Can't remember much from those songs. For the rest of the show, Mr. Important made sure security was tight. No one in the first rows of A1 and A2 deared to move to the rails or anywhere else for a long time.

I experienced the same. But seats in the golden circle are not the problem or a stupid idea - it´s the local security with a lot of Mr. and Mrs. "Important" who are bothering people rather than looking for security.

They ruined at least 3 songs for me and one moment where Mick was right in front of me. The only thing I did was waving, dancing, jumping, cheering a little bit besides my seat, and it was a peaceful atmosphere of joy and nobody felt disturbed, but these security staff came over to start an argument, where nothing was wrong - enough space for emergency/escape path etc. I mean for those expensive tickets it is a real shame to be treated like that. And the band especially Mick approves the responding audience. I was really thinking about a complain letter to this security company sds-bw.de - but in the end it´s wasting energy.

As long as I go to concerts since 40 years there are cool and uncool security guys on the same events. The cool guys undeerstand the music and the fans give them freedom and just run essential security matters. The uncool guys doesnt like the band and their dancing fans are annoyed by the fun around them while they have to work and getting more and more silly behaviour towards the fans.
Bur: sometimes a friendly word to them even changes those guys a bit for better,

Agree with both of you.

Last night it was especially one man who seemed to be in charge who wanted to do everything in his power to make sure people did not have fun. He looked at GC constantly, always shaking his head in frustration and was about explode every time someone literally stepped out of line. It was him who threw people out during YCAGWYW because they were standing between the seating sections and not directly in front of their seats.

Later he yelled and screamed at a cool and relaxed security guard because he didn't follow his strict orders. After Brown Sugar I went up to the that guard and told him that he was a cool guy but his boss was an a**hole. He smiled and said thanks, and his colleaague nodded in agreement. Luckily it was "safe" to retreat to the back, so I enjoyed a few songs leaning towards the wall in front of the stands with a good view to a brilliant show.

-deleted- sorry

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-01 12:27 by Promoman2.

Posted by: yvonnedanger ()
Date: July 1, 2018 12:27

FANTASTIC show!! you can find some of my photos here: Yvönne Dänger's Stuttgart photos on Facebook

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 1, 2018 12:35

yvonnedanger

FANTASTIC show!! you can find some of my photos here:

If the Facebook-Link doesn't work, the pictures can also be found here: [iorr.org] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-02 10:45 by Irix.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: July 1, 2018 13:42

Topi
Same at Pit B. People were happy about it and the Pit B party was awesome.

LUCKY DIP MESS: I was first at the window and people were pushing like mad. We ask security multiple times before to secure the site. They didnt care. It would have been so easy to just organize it. Simple measures. Easy.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 1, 2018 14:15

grzegorz67
Topi

Just a random crew employee being kind? Or perhaps a particular crew employee grinning smiley

If I don’t get Pit with my LDs here in Prague, will try for the same winking smiley

"Do you believe in miracles? Yes!"

Posted by: Nobbi82 ()
Date: July 1, 2018 14:17

It was a really great concert, great atmosphere, you could feel how much fun the band had

Posted by: Sabo ()
Date: July 1, 2018 15:10

They did indeed hand out pit wrist bands in GA. But women only. The wifes of 2 friends of mine got lucky.

They did several rounds. First they picked younger girls (like 20s/30s), later they came back and even ladies in their 50s got a change.

Probably they were shooting pit footage and wanted women in there.

--Sabo

Rolling Stones - Stuttgart Germany 30-June-2018
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 1, 2018 16:51

Photos by Dominic Pencz

Date: July 1, 2018 16:52

Photos by Dominic Pencz

Date: July 1, 2018 16:55

Photos by Dominic Pencz

Date: July 1, 2018 16:58

Photos by Dominic Pencz

Posted by: AshtrayGirl ()
Date: July 1, 2018 19:43

Hi guys! I scored Pit b with my lucky dip but the procedure of picking them up was hell. I was one of the first people in this madness. Never again with lucky dips. The show itself was brilliant but suffocating and breaking bones is not worth it.

Posted by: Promoman2 ()
Date: July 1, 2018 20:02

This was my third ‘18 show. A fantastic one again. Compliments to the Germans. I got the ticketwell in advance and once at the venue I was admitted to Pit A wothout any problem. Much different from Dublin and Coventry.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 1, 2018 21:23

schwonek
Topi
Same at Pit B. People were happy about it and the Pit B party was awesome.

LUCKY DIP MESS: I was first at the window and people were pushing like mad. We ask security multiple times before to secure the site. They didnt care. It would have been so easy to just organize it. Simple measures. Easy.

Thank you very much for having the work to provide us the live setlist yesterday. smileys with beer

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: July 1, 2018 21:29

Why vote for the same damn songs. Live me is better than LSTNT

Date: July 1, 2018 21:39

Hey fans, I just watched recent videos and in addition to what I have already posted about Keith I would like also to say:

Charlie swings really good and is the master of his drum set. Being 77, that is a miracle.

Looking forward to Prague show this Wednesday!

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: July 1, 2018 22:23

These guys ever get bored playing the same songs

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: July 1, 2018 23:14

black n blue
If you listen well they never play the same way, the guitar solos often change, of course the structure of the song is the same. This is the greatness of the Stones.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 1, 2018 23:16

black n blue

Ask Keith Richards: Do you still enjoy playing old songs?

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: July 2, 2018 00:06

Here are the statistics for the five convcerts at Stuttgart:

Killesberg, Halle
Sunday, 20 September 1970

Neckarstadion
Saturday, 19. June 1976

Cannstatter Wasen
Saturday May 29, 1999

Gottlieb-Daimler Stadion, Stuttgart, Germany
Thursday August 3, 2006

Mercedes-Benz Arena
Saturday June 30, 2018

An asterisk indicates that a song was played at all five concerts.
A (4) indicates that a song was played at all concerts except for 1970.

Ain’t too proud to beg (1976)
Angie (1999)
Before They Make Me Run (Keith) (1999, 2006, 2018)
Bitch (1999)
Brown sugar‘
Dead flowers (1970)
Get off of my cloud (1976, 1999)
Fool to cry (1976)
Gimme Shelter (1999, 2018)
Hand of fate (1976)
Happy (1976)
Hey negrita (1976)
Honky tonk women*
Hot stuff (1976)
If you can’t rock me (1976)
It’s only rock’n’roll (4)
Jumpin’ jack flash*
Let it rock (1970)
Let's Spend The Night Together (2006, 2018)
Like A Rolling Stone (2018)
Little queenie (1970)
Live with me (1970)
Love in vain (1970)
Midnight rambler*
Miss You (2006, 2018)
Night Time Is The Right Time (2006)
Oh No Not You Again (2006)
Out Of Control (1999)
Paint It Black (1999, 2006, 2018)
Ride 'em On Down (2018)
Roll over Beethoven (1970)
Rough Justice (2006)
Route 66 (1999)
Ruby Tuesday (2006)
Saint of Me (1999)
Satisfaction (2006, 2018)
Shattered (1999)
Slipping Away (Keith) (2006)
Some Girls (1999)
Stray cat blues (1970)
Street fighting man (1970)1976, 2018)
Streets Of Love (2006)
Star star (1976)
Start Me Up (1999, 2006, 2018)
Sympathy for the Devil (1970, 1999, 2006, 2018)
Tumbling dice (4)
You can’t always get what you want (1976, 2006, 2018)
You Got Me Rocking (1999)
You Got The Silver (Keith) (1999, 2018)
You gotta move (1976)

Date: July 2, 2018 00:07

The Worst.
caschimann
ThroughTheLonelyNights
The Worst.

Agree with both of you.

Friendly words didn´t help, as well as ignoring them - they addressed/bothered me several times. But after reading your post, omg I am glad, they didn´t throw me out...

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: July 2, 2018 00:35

I love how they perform Midnight Rambler on this tour, and Stuttgart was one of the best Versions - no doubt.
It's always a magic moment when Charlie plays that marching drum pattern when Mick is running like crazy down the catwalk.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: July 2, 2018 01:20

Bjornulf shares more amazing photos (thank you)
[stoneslife.org]

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: July 2, 2018 01:46

ThroughTheLonelyNights
The Worst.
caschimann
ThroughTheLonelyNights
The Worst.

l some security guy decided to be the big boss of the place .

local security with a lot of Mr. and Mrs. "Important" who are bothering people rather than looking for security.

uncool security guys on the same events.

who wanted to do everything in his power to make sure people did not have fun.

I am glad, they didn´t throw me out...

Real bummer to hear... but I guess it is good we have not heard of this very often at Stones shows over time... I hadn't even thought about it... but these security schmucks certainly have it in their power to mess up shows. It is one of the reason I love a GA floor. Not only to get away from jerky security people but also jerky fans or any trouble... when trouble comes up I move on down the road... but...

What to do when you have front row?

As much as I love front row, been there many times over the years, but starting about 10-15 years ago it seems security morons started taking their rent a cop job too seriously. When I was a kid an lived on the front row over and over the security guys were cooler... and as long as we didn't fight they didn't care what we did... then it changed and we started seeing these security jerks jumping the barricade barreling over row to grab someones camera from the 5th row, or running out to grab someone smoking a doobie... or something equal non event.... and then goon comes prancing back up like he is some kind of hero.

It has made me not even want front row anymore. I have had one too many concerts be kind of a bummer as I standing front row and right in front of me, 3 feet away, is some goofball rent a cop, staring right at me ALL NIGHT!!! I am not doing anything wrong... but all show there he is, standing there, looking all tough guy... it is joke... a bad joke.

Gimme GA all year... I like room to move... room to roam away from trouble.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-02 01:51 by Leonioid.

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: July 2, 2018 01:51

Hello everyone!

Here is my video of Street Fighting Man: [www.youtube.com]

Hope you'll enjoy it!!

Benjamin.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 8 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1278
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home