Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 7 of 10
Re: Stuttgart Germany 30-June-2018 Rolling Stones No Filter live updates
Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: June 30, 2018 23:58

TornFrayedSue
Enjoy the show!!! I still think the concept od a seated Golden Circle is something rather odd, but maybe very German winking smiley

No it is not thst odd.
First I thought the same.
Been in there 3 times (one time really,
two times with the access to it through
my PIT A wristband) I definitely say:
It is great. Everybody is standing and
between the sections there is wonderful
space to walk around from one side of
the stage to the other. You can even
follow Keith, Ronnie and especially Mick
on their walks on the T-stage.
I often left the PIT to do so.
So good!
Not possible when it is a packed GC
Standing.
For the layout of the show it looks
a bit odd before showstart.
After that everybody is standing
and the layout is allright.

Posted by: TornFrayedSue ()
Date: July 1, 2018 00:04

caschimann
TornFrayedSue
Enjoy the show!!! I still think the concept od a seated Golden Circle is something rather odd, but maybe very German winking smiley

No it is not thst odd.
First I thought the same.
Been in there 3 times (one time really,
two times with the access to it through
my PIT A wristband) I definitely say:
It is great. Everybody is standing and
between the sections there is wonderful
space to walk around from one side of
the stage to the other. You can even
follow Keith, Ronnie and especially Mick
on their walks on the T-stage.
I often left the PIT to do so.
So good!
Not possible when it is a packed GC
Standing.
For the layout of the show it looks
a bit odd before showstart.
After that everybody is standing
and the layout is allright.

Cool, thanks for your input. I always thought stewards would insist you sit, at least in Germany. in Dublin everyone was standing and dancing in the blocks, never experienced any of that in Germany. But then I have to admit, that I left Germany in 1993 for good ...

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 1, 2018 00:18

Another great shot from Andreea
[www.instagram.com]

Date: July 1, 2018 00:33

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: July 1, 2018 00:36

Just got home from yet another great show.

It's amazing how good they constantly play on this tour - every damn show is solid! Keith was boss. He is once again the driving force of the greatest rock and roll band in the world.(The only error I can remember was him playing in the wrong fret on the first chorus of SFM). They all work really hard on that stage, and I don't get tired of hearing the same songs over and over again because they perform them loud with energy and passion. Killing versions of JJ Flash and Brown Sugar.

A bit surprised that Like a Rolling Stone was played again (since it was played in Berlin), but the crowd reaction give you the answer: they love it. The crowd was great througout the show, especially on Miss You.

The only negative thing I can think off is the stupid idea of having seats in the golden circle. I was front row, and everything was cool and relaxed with people dancing around until some security guy decided to be the big boss of the place during YCAGWYW. Everyone had to show their ticket, and he flipped out if someone was a row too far away from his/her seat. A guy (stupid enough to argue) was thrown out of the place, with his children following after him. That ruined YCAGWYW and PIB for me. Can't remember much from those songs. For the rest of the show, Mr. Important made sure security was tight. No one in the first rows of A1 and A2 deared to move to the rails or anywhere else for a long time.

But the show was brilliant and I left the stadium with a smile on my face. It's so sad that there are only two shows left on this tour: I really wish it would last for the rest of the summer! Warsaw is gonna be special.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-01 00:42 by The Worst..

Posted by: StonesSmeth99 ()
Date: July 1, 2018 00:44

Charlie wouldn’t slow it down on MR tonight, Mick asked twice but Charlie cheekily kept bashing, I’ve said this after every show but that was the best MR. Brilliant.

Ronnie solos fantastic tonight and Keith had 3 ovations! Very emotional.
Jagger always fantastic but particularly masterful, with extra confidence, tonight. The dancing in Miss You and MR is just incredible.

And the Stuttgart crowd was as good as, if not better than Marseille.. very impressive. Good Circle stood up (don’t worry) but It’s fair to say that the pit, GA and side seating (all stood up) looked livelier. They did not want to leave the venue and thousands are still outside reliving, eating and buying and drinking and woo-woo-ing. Good space outside for ‘mixing’. A special tour this..

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-01 01:22 by StonesSmeth99.

Date: July 1, 2018 00:47

Posted by: calipachangero ()
Date: July 1, 2018 00:52

A great Show, will Submit my Review in just a little while!

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: July 1, 2018 01:32

Leonioid
waterrats
Leonioid
that dude pranked us...
he can stream... HE shows us he can.... but he only streams "miff you"... ITS A PRANK BRO!

LOL!

smileys with beer
grinning smiley Cheers waterrats!smileys with beer
member the days when we were spoiled with live streams ever stop... I member... good times.

Hi there, my friend - yes I do.

These days should come back at least with the next tour, really!

Rolling Stones - Stuttgart Germany 30-June-2018
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 1, 2018 01:36

Stuttgart was flames tonight! thank you to @thekooksmusic and everyone in the crowd #stonesnofilter

[twitter.com]

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: July 1, 2018 01:40

Review Stuttragter Zeitung

Gallery 15 pics

(hehehe)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-01 01:44 by waterrats.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: July 1, 2018 01:50

Can't wait for some footage of this show, sounds like the crowd were great this time.
The audience make the show, so important to be vocal, the band feed off it.

Keith looking slimmer than in years, surely these guys are going to carry on a little bit longer after this mini tour.

I don't care where but i hope they just keep playing.

Only downside to this tour has been the over the top security, so unnecessary at times, hope it gets back to the band.

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: July 1, 2018 02:33

Topi
I was maybe the 10th person they gave Lucky Dips to. We got Innenraum Stehplatz = GA.

We were 5th or 6th...got the same...I was surprised/disappointed as the first 2 couples seemed to have scored Pits...Was hoping for another Berlin scenario!

But we were close to the rail and still had good views and enjoyed the show.

RE: Stuttgart... Was my first time in the city...printed out a map from the train station to the hostel, on paper it looked like an easy 10/15 minute walk, in reality it was a bit of a nightmare: going east from the train station on foot is a genuine challenge, there were no sidewalks at all, you have to go through a sort of maze of walkways and then I was faced with endless series of stairs (going up!), I must have climbed 500 stairs to get to my street (Hausmannstrasse) and as I was carrying a computer/skateboard/backpack in the heat I thought I was gonna die! Marseille also had a few brutal hills to navigate through. The locals are super friendly and the city is quite clean/safe, the opposite of Marseille (rats/cockroaches/grafitti/prostitute in my street!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-01 02:35 by FrogSugar.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 1, 2018 02:44

In the end things turned out ok...5th straight pit out of 6 shows!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-01 02:46 by Topi.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: July 1, 2018 03:06

We were pleased we got to the front of A2 with our Lucky Dips and had a fantasic view. The Lucky Dip pickup was the biggest mess I've ever experienced with only one window open and no particular queue, so people kept pushing from all sides and some girls were even beating a woman because they wanted to push to the front. But maybe someone else wants to write more about that...

It was the first time I ever experienced a Stones Concert from the seated golden circle. It really is a luxury to be able to buy beer and go to the bathroom before the show and to be able to come back and have your reserved seats. Another luxury is that you have lots of space so you can jump and dance freely and no one complains. Will miss that in Prague where we have normal golden circle tix and where the venue already opens at 2pm. Wouldn't pay 500€ for a seated golden circle ticket but therefore were absolutely thrilled to get it for 60€. The atmosphere in the pit was a bit better, they had a great party in there and made a great atmosphere for us at the front of the golden circle. The golden circle itself had really different kinds of people, on one hand people who partied really hard but then also a lot of older folks who stood there like they were watching an opera and - now the worst thing - SAT DOWN DURING KEITHS SET!

The show itself was fantasic. The setlist was expectable but they played really great - especially Keith was in a fantasic shape. I didn't see Keith smoking even one cigarette. Did anybody else notice that? Also Charlie was smiling a lot.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: July 1, 2018 03:18

StonedRambler: Glad you had a good time and got a great ticket with LD!

Regarding this: "The Lucky Dip pickup was the biggest mess I've ever experienced with only one window open and no particular Queue"

I think everything has become a bit too complicated. Lucky Dip, Pit A, Pit B, (+ Diamond Pit A/B in Warsaw), Golden Circle, GA… + much more focus on security than before. There are many different lines, fences, entrances, ticket categories and wristbrands concerning the one and the same stadium pitch – and few ordinary staff members understand any of it.

Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: July 1, 2018 03:30

So good to hear that it was an amazing Rambler, because we all know that s such an incredible moment of tension, etc.

Hope all had a swell time!

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Date: July 1, 2018 06:19

The Worst.

The only negative thing I can think off is the stupid idea of having seats in the golden circle. I was front row, and everything was cool and relaxed with people dancing around until some security guy decided to be the big boss of the place during YCAGWYW. Everyone had to show their ticket, and he flipped out if someone was a row too far away from his/her seat. A guy (stupid enough to argue) was thrown out of the place, with his children following after him. That ruined YCAGWYW and PIB for me. Can't remember much from those songs. For the rest of the show, Mr. Important made sure security was tight. No one in the first rows of A1 and A2 deared to move to the rails or anywhere else for a long time.

I experienced the same. But seats in the golden circle are not the problem or a stupid idea - it´s the local security with a lot of Mr. and Mrs. "Important" who are bothering people rather than looking for security.

They ruined at least 3 songs for me and one moment where Mick was right in front of me. The only thing I did was waving, dancing, jumping, cheering a little bit besides my seat, and it was a peaceful atmosphere of joy and nobody felt disturbed, but these security staff came over to start an argument, where nothing was wrong - enough space for emergency/escape path etc. I mean for those expensive tickets it is a real shame to be treated like that. And the band especially Mick approves the responding audience. I was really thinking about a complain letter to this security company sds-bw.de - but in the end it´s wasting energy.

Besides this - the show was GREAT. Thank you the Rolling Stones - bis bald!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-01 06:24 by ThroughTheLonelyNights.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: July 1, 2018 07:27

SFM has conquered that first spot:

video: [youtu.be]

[youtu.be]

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: July 1, 2018 07:30

MR, yet another late epic glorious version

video: [youtu.be]

[youtu.be]

Posted by: Promoman2 ()
Date: July 1, 2018 07:35

Street Fighting Men [youtu.be]
Ride em on Down [youtu.be]
You Got the Silver [youtu.be]
Before They Make me Run [youtu.be]
Paint it Black [youtu.be]
Jumping Jack Flash [youtu.be]
Midnight Rambler [youtu.be]
Gimme Shelter [youtu.be]

I'm going to hit the sack now. It was a six hour drive home.

I hope you enjoy the videos

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: July 1, 2018 07:46

Promoman2
Street Fighting Men [youtu.be]
Ride em on Down [youtu.be]
You Got the Silver [youtu.be]
Before They Make me Run [youtu.be]
Paint it Black [youtu.be]
Jumping Jack Flash [youtu.be]
Midnight Rambler [youtu.be]
Gimme Shelter [youtu.be]

I'm going to hit the sack now. It was a six hour drive home.

I hope you enjoy the videos

KILLER!!!
Thank you very much Fred for taking your time and energy to capture post and share you awesome videos! You did a GREAT JOB!!smileys with beer

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: July 1, 2018 07:48

Opening with SFM is like tossing a match on gasoline! BLAZING!!!

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: July 1, 2018 08:45

ThroughTheLonelyNights
The Worst.

I experienced the same. But seats in the golden circle are not the problem or a stupid idea - it´s the local security with a lot of Mr. and Mrs. "Important" who are bothering people rather than looking for security.

They ruined at least 3 songs for me and one moment where Mick was right in front of me. The only thing I did was waving, dancing, jumping, cheering a little bit besides my seat, and it was a peaceful atmosphere of joy and nobody felt disturbed, but these security staff came over to start an argument, where nothing was wrong - enough space for emergency/escape path etc. I mean for those expensive tickets it is a real shame to be treated like that. And the band especially Mick approves the responding audience. I was really thinking about a complain letter to this security company sds-bw.de - but in the end it´s wasting energy.

Besides this - the show was GREAT. Thank you the Rolling Stones - bis bald!!!

As long as I go to concerts since 40 years there are cool and uncool security guys on the same events. The cool guys undeerstand the music and the fans give them freedom and just run essential security matters. The uncool guys doesnt like the band and their dancing fans are annoyed by the fun around them while they have to work and getting more and more silly behaviour towards the fans.
Bur: sometimes a friendly word to them even changes those guys a bit for better,
showing respect for their job is often doing wonders

Date: July 1, 2018 08:46

One of the best versions of Start Me Up that I have heard recently.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: StonesSmeth99 ()
Date: July 1, 2018 09:02

Jagger described Ronnie as Meister of der Kehrwoche, what exactly does this translate to?

Posted by: wupperstein ()
Date: July 1, 2018 09:17

Hear is a descreption (in German) what's the meaning of Kehrwoche.

[www.stuttgarter-nachrichten.de]

Date: July 1, 2018 10:48

I actually didn't think Rambler was particularly great last night.

Gotta love the one-two punch of SFM+IORR!

Also liked hearing Like A Rolling Stone again - 20 years ago I got it at my first ever show but hadn't heard it since. Stripped is an important album to me.

Let's say last night was professional. Not the best show I've seen this year. Good energy in the Pit A crowd!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-01 10:49 by Topi.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 1, 2018 11:05

Topi
I actually didn't think Rambler was particularly great last night.

Gotta love the one-two punch of SFM+IORR!

Also liked hearing Like A Rolling Stone again - 20 years ago I got it at my first ever show but hadn't heard it since. Stripped is an important album to me.

Let's say last night was professional. Not the best show I've seen this year. Good energy in the Pit A crowd!

Not bad for a GA ticket! I’m sure there’s a story there grinning smiley

Date: July 1, 2018 11:10

Actually I saw a Stones crew employee handing out Pit wristbands to people in GA.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 7 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1671
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home