Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Chuck Leavell interview - The Friday Revue, 6/29
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 29, 2018 18:13

Desperate to go on tour with the Rolling Stones? Music Director Chuck Leavell takes you there

On The Friday Revue with Richelle Hunt and Brian Nankervis

Former member of The Allman Brothers Band, founding member of jazz rock ensemble Sea Level and principal touring keyboardist with The Rolling Stones since 1982 – Chuck Leavell is a man of many accomplishments.

He joins The Friday Revue to chat behind the scenes activities of the current Rolling Stones tour of Europe and the UK, as well as the releasing of a big band record called 'Chuck Gets Big' with the Frankfurt Radio Big Band.

Download

[www.abc.net.au]

Re: Chuck Leavell interview - The Friday Revue, 6/29
Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: June 29, 2018 22:14

Great interview.
Chuck sounds very positive about the band and the future!
Thanks for posting.

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: June 29, 2018 22:19

Chuck Leavell in 1990: "If you look up happy in the dictionary, you'll find a picture of me playing with the Stones."

www.rsundercover.eu

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-30 16:17 by Britney.

Date: June 30, 2018 15:34

Besides the current tour, Chuck talks about working on the new album and it's possible release - "Spring of next year, maybe."

Posted by: electricmud ()
Date: June 30, 2018 16:44

Great Listen. Interesting that he mentiones Berlin as a true highlight of the current tour for the band. Some people here were moaning of the `"lame" reaction of the audience, but it seems that the Stones feel different.

Tom

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-30 23:54 by electricmud.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 30, 2018 17:43

nice interview.
really doubt a spring 2019 release of the new album though, more likely dec 2019.
jeroen

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: June 30, 2018 19:05

thanks for posting

Posted by: Zagalo ()
Date: July 1, 2018 01:20

Thanks a lot!
Cheers thumbs up

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: July 1, 2018 04:23

corriecas
nice interview.
really doubt a spring 2019 release of the new album though, more likely dec 2019.
jeroen

Well Why doubt it? ... Simply because you can't see it.

I want you to consider this ... He's on tour with them .. he knows them very well personally .. He speaks to them regularly ...annnnnnd ... Hes recorded on the new album (and is familiar with some of the material).

Why not consider all of the above and take the guys word for what it is ...

I'd say more than likely spring / summer mayyybe fall ... but not December again?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-01 04:44 by IanBillen.

Date: July 2, 2018 14:55

Chuck also played on "Blue and Lonesome" - his parts were added later.

"I was not there when the basic Blue & Lonesome tracks were cut. As I understand it, the band went into the studio to experiment with some new things and someone, maybe Don Was, suggested doing a blues tune just to break things up and have some fun. They enjoyed it so much that they did another and another, and it went so well that, in three days’ time, they had all the tracks. Then, when we were on the “Olé Olé Olé!” Latin American tour, both Mick and Keith told me they wanted me to be on it. With Don, we arranged for me to overdub my parts in a great new studio in New Orleans, The Parlor. I did most of it on a nice upright piano that they had there, which kept the sounds authentic. That is also the case with all the sounds on the record—really great guitar tones, drum sounds. Growing up in Alabama, I listened to a lot of blues, both on record and live. As we know, blues styles emanated from the South, the Delta. My fingers have a Southern accent."

[iorr.org]

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: July 2, 2018 15:10

Always very humble...
I / me / I / me...

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-02 15:12 by powerage78.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 2, 2018 15:34

electricmud
Great Listen. Interesting that he mentiones Berlin as a true highlight of the current tour for the band. Some people here were moaning of the `"lame" reaction of the audience, but it seems that the Stones feel different.

Tom

Was a great listen... sounds like the touring machine will keep on rolling.. also encouraging tidbits about a new album!

Chuck also sounded a bit like us fans, where the last concert was the best, or a highlight. Love it.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 2, 2018 18:55

bye bye johnny
Chuck also played on "Blue and Lonesome" - his parts were added later.

"I was not there when the basic Blue & Lonesome tracks were cut. As I understand it, the band went into the studio to experiment with some new things and someone, maybe Don Was, suggested doing a blues tune just to break things up and have some fun. They enjoyed it so much that they did another and another, and it went so well that, in three days’ time, they had all the tracks. Then, when we were on the “Olé Olé Olé!” Latin American tour, both Mick and Keith told me they wanted me to be on it. With Don, we arranged for me to overdub my parts in a great new studio in New Orleans, The Parlor. I did most of it on a nice upright piano that they had there, which kept the sounds authentic. That is also the case with all the sounds on the record—really great guitar tones, drum sounds. Growing up in Alabama, I listened to a lot of blues, both on record and live. As we know, blues styles emanated from the South, the Delta. My fingers have a Southern accent."

[iorr.org]

Sounds like he's singing a different tune than he was around the time of or just prior to B&L's release. If I recall, he was upset and bitter he wasn't on the tracks, and practically "demanded" he have some input on it - erasing most of the tracks originally played by Matt Clifford (?) so he could be on it. Not sure of it was a radio interview or printed in a magazine, but I remember the story causing alot of commotion here.

Date: July 2, 2018 19:22

That comment's from a January 2017 interview in Relix. Posted it to point out Chuck may not be as in the loop new album-wise as some might assume...

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: July 2, 2018 21:01

They might not need him in the studio, but they do need him on tour

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: July 2, 2018 21:17

Did not he say no more gigs this year?

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: July 2, 2018 23:24

For sure.
"One two three !".
Plink plink.

Rik
They might not need him in the studio, but they do need him on tour

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: July 3, 2018 17:23

MartinB
Did not he say no more gigs this year?

"We'll be done this year with this leg."

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1522
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home