Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112
Current Page: 12 of 12
Re: Marseille France 26-June-2018 Rolling Stones No Filter live updates
Posted by: marlboro ()
Date: June 29, 2018 21:50

This is John Lee Hooker junior,he supportet the Stones in Spielberg-Austria

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: June 29, 2018 22:49

maumau
keithsman
maumau
keithsman
maumau
Close up on Keith's guitar work on HTW

video: [youtu.be]

[youtu.be]

I mentioned this on another thread but no reaction, if you look at Keith's fingers on this HTW clip, its clear to see his fingers are much better.
How are they better ? i don't know but it explains why he is playing much better.

Pic of keith's fingers before
[infotel.ca]

try with a post title like this: "Scarf intro compile: the true story of a note bummer. Is it arthritis or brain damage?" you might get enthusiastic partecipation and in depth analysis eye rolling smiley

I don't understand your comments, its a very valid subject in relation to the close up of Keith playing in your post.
Keith is playing better than in many many years and his fingers look much better.
Can't believe this is not the place to discuss.

I know some forms of arthritis are made worse with excessive alcohol consumption, with Keith clearly sober since Christmas, this could be something that as helped with the arthritis in his hands and fingers.

Sorry keithsman, I agree completely with you. This is the place to discuss matters like that. In fact that was the purpose of my post in the first place. I was ironic about the fact that, instead, here usually Keith's playing is thoroughly analyzed only when he fu*%$ up.

Oh sorry, yes i see what you mean, like for instance Mick totally messes up the whole of JJF whereas Keith was solid as a Rock as usual, but alas, people don't discuss Mick as messing up, its a technical problem, oh and Keith saving the song doesn't get a mention.
I guess Keith's the guy people love to hate on iorr ( but not anywhere else come to think of it , that's probably because all the realists who were speaking the truth left here a while ago..) winking smiley I mean to most real fans, Keith is the Stones, always was, wrote all the best songs, best Riffs, intros, moves, interviews, coolest cat who gave them the outlaw image and carried that image for all it's worth because that sells the Stones and puts bums on seats.
Half the reason people attended Stones concerts since the mid 70's is because they think it's the last time they will see The Stones, and that reason was Keith, he wasn't expected to make it to play another tour.

Sure Mick is the main deal now, he is phenomenal, and people want to see this freak of nature do his work out. They know its impossible but there it is, they want to see it in person, and there is Mick doing his thing, and doing it better and better. It makes no sense , its impossible but there he goes, people love it, it tells them that if Mick can still do that then they are not old.
It's always been Mick and Keith, then you have the yes men.

Thought Ronnie was lousy in France, but hey, no one can criticize good old fun loving Ronniebegood winking smiley
Nothing against the guy but he ain't no great music artist, hes got his shit together since sobering up and all credit to him, plus he proves that being a yes man can take you a long way in life with a degree of talent, he didn't lose his job when he could barely play for over two decades due to being wasted most nights.
Proof of that is when you look at Mick Taylor, more talent than the band could handle but he couldn't say yes, and look where that got him.
This is the band of the yes men unless you can go it alone, unfortunately Taylor isn't driven like that , he's not comfortable on his own.
On the 50th anniversary shows with Taylor blowing the rest of them off the stage every night, it didn't do him any good, it wasn't entirely what they wanted from him, shine but don't outshine the rest of us lol.
Even Keith to some degree has turned into another yes man, i still think the Stones could be so much better live if things were different, if the rest of them didn't give way to Mick and Chucks samey set lists decade after decade.
Sorry for my ramble, got carried away with my thoughts then confused smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-29 22:52 by keithsman.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 29, 2018 23:50

that's good ramble. and where else to ramble about what the stones are smileys with beer

Posted by: TornFrayedSue ()
Date: June 30, 2018 01:05

Thanks for the ramble, totally agree smileys with beer

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 30, 2018 01:24

keithsman
Mick all over the place here on JJF, having all sorts of problems, why doesn't he just take his ear piece out until the technicians sort it out.
I just find it hard to believe he can't sing it with the band when he can't hear himself through his ear piece.
Take it out and he gets to hear the same show as everyone else including his own voice. confused smiley
I'm sure someone will explain to me why Mick can't do that winking smiley

[www.youtube.com]

It is indeed hard to understand what the problem could be. Was the thing maybe ringing/feedbacking in his ear? In that case, yes it would have been hard to go on. I first noticed something was wrong when he shouted "ce soir on vous met le feu", on "feu" there was some kind of "tear" and with the lack of singing during JJF it seemed he could have done some damage to his vocal chords...but he recovered fortunately!

As for Keith, yes, he seems happy, confident, how far he's come since the O2! As for saying "yes" to stale setlists he has commented that he let Mick make the decisions because he has to sing the songs. I doubt it's the singing difficulty that's the guiding factor with Fool to Cry likely a lot harder to sing than say Respectable. It won't change now...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: June 30, 2018 01:48

Thanks guys thumbs upsmileys with beer

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: June 30, 2018 02:22

keithsman
maumau
keithsman
maumau
keithsman
maumau
Close up on Keith's guitar work on HTW

video: [youtu.be]

[youtu.be]

I mentioned this on another thread but no reaction, if you look at Keith's fingers on this HTW clip, its clear to see his fingers are much better.
How are they better ? i don't know but it explains why he is playing much better.

Pic of keith's fingers before
[infotel.ca]

try with a post title like this: "Scarf intro compile: the true story of a note bummer. Is it arthritis or brain damage?" you might get enthusiastic partecipation and in depth analysis eye rolling smiley

I don't understand your comments, its a very valid subject in relation to the close up of Keith playing in your post.
Keith is playing better than in many many years and his fingers look much better.
Can't believe this is not the place to discuss.

I know some forms of arthritis are made worse with excessive alcohol consumption, with Keith clearly sober since Christmas, this could be something that as helped with the arthritis in his hands and fingers.

Sorry keithsman, I agree completely with you. This is the place to discuss matters like that. In fact that was the purpose of my post in the first place. I was ironic about the fact that, instead, here usually Keith's playing is thoroughly analyzed only when he fu*%$ up.

Oh sorry, yes i see what you mean, like for instance Mick totally messes up the whole of JJF whereas Keith was solid as a Rock as usual, but alas, people don't discuss Mick as messing up, its a technical problem, oh and Keith saving the song doesn't get a mention.
I guess Keith's the guy people love to hate on iorr ( but not anywhere else come to think of it , that's probably because all the realists who were speaking the truth left here a while ago..) winking smiley I mean to most real fans, Keith is the Stones, always was, wrote all the best songs, best Riffs, intros, moves, interviews, coolest cat who gave them the outlaw image and carried that image for all it's worth because that sells the Stones and puts bums on seats.
Half the reason people attended Stones concerts since the mid 70's is because they think it's the last time they will see The Stones, and that reason was Keith, he wasn't expected to make it to play another tour.

Sure Mick is the main deal now, he is phenomenal, and people want to see this freak of nature do his work out. They know its impossible but there it is, they want to see it in person, and there is Mick doing his thing, and doing it better and better. It makes no sense , its impossible but there he goes, people love it, it tells them that if Mick can still do that then they are not old.
It's always been Mick and Keith, then you have the yes men.

Thought Ronnie was lousy in France, but hey, no one can criticize good old fun loving Ronniebegood winking smiley
Nothing against the guy but he ain't no great music artist, hes got his shit together since sobering up and all credit to him, plus he proves that being a yes man can take you a long way in life with a degree of talent, he didn't lose his job when he could barely play for over two decades due to being wasted most nights.
Proof of that is when you look at Mick Taylor, more talent than the band could handle but he couldn't say yes, and look where that got him.
This is the band of the yes men unless you can go it alone, unfortunately Taylor isn't driven like that , he's not comfortable on his own.
On the 50th anniversary shows with Taylor blowing the rest of them off the stage every night, it didn't do him any good, it wasn't entirely what they wanted from him, shine but don't outshine the rest of us lol.
Even Keith to some degree has turned into another yes man, i still think the Stones could be so much better live if things were different, if the rest of them didn't give way to Mick and Chucks samey set lists decade after decade.
Sorry for my ramble, got carried away with my thoughts then confused smiley

Excellent ramble, but while I agree that the time when Ronnie was more or less "absent" could have been much more interesting in strictly musical terms (it's not everything down to the setlists per se, see No Security and the Licks three different shows concept), I think that at least by now (=in recent years) it has more to do with their age than "giving way to Mick and Chuck". They scaled down their operation, and they scaled down the number of shows played every year considerably, and for pure economical reasons (=generate income with much lesser shows) they need to fill stadiums even with these ridiculously high-priced tickets, their logic obviously is serving their greatest hits to their audiences is the best way to guarantee that the Stones machinery still works.

Plus they obviously can't play 20+ songs or even more anymore, so the room for more interesting musical adventures is simply not there. As long as they stick to their "Greatest Hits" formula, of course - but as long as this formula works, they won't change it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-30 02:24 by retired_dog.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: June 30, 2018 07:49

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-30 07:57 by Leonioid.

Posted by: rockerparis ()
Date: July 1, 2018 20:28

marlboro
This is John Lee Hooker junior,he supportet the Stones in Spielberg-Austria

I'm afraid not
he doesn't look like JL Hooker Jr

Date: July 2, 2018 10:55

Some of my pics :

A mess at the foot of the steps :

Cité Radieuse up the street

Introducing Charlie

YGTS - Keith

YGTS - Ronnie

Mick shows that harp who's boss

Keith keeps an eye on Mick during MR

Moon is Up

Aftermath

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-02 11:03 by gotdablouse.

Date: July 3, 2018 21:41

Had forgotten this one ;-)

--------------

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: July 18, 2018 11:35

The first four songs on the new DVD are incredible

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: July 18, 2018 12:10

midimannz

???

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: July 18, 2018 13:16

Doc
midimannz

???

I think (s)he means: [ iorr.org ]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112
Current Page: 12 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2077
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home