Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 9 of 12
Re: Marseille France 26-June-2018 Rolling Stones No Filter live updates
Posted by: Wickylah ()
Date: June 27, 2018 02:31

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 27, 2018 02:33

"Fool to Cry" from Pit B: [youtu.be]

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-27 02:35 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 27, 2018 02:36

gotdablouse
"Fool to Cry" from the other Pit : [youtu.be]

Thanks, guys! smileys with beer

Date: June 27, 2018 02:47

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: June 27, 2018 02:55

Pit B had a lot of space until Satisfaction when either the security let people in or people pushed past security and it filled up!

Date: June 27, 2018 02:59

Posted by: rollingloc ()
Date: June 27, 2018 03:06

That was a great show! I so happy to be able to say that Keith was good tonight! Really better than in Edinburgh. Concentrated, no pain on intros, good solos too! Magic setlist too!
Maybe the last time, I don't know!

But if it is, I'm happy to finish on that one!

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: June 27, 2018 03:15

OMG ‘Fool To Cry’
viewed both utube versions
cannot see exquisite guitar weaving
and cannot wait for proper audio
but gorgeous

Posted by: 5strings ()
Date: June 27, 2018 03:21

It was really a good show , they seem to have a good time also , Jagger was joking about "pieds paquets and Pastis "they play really good rambler was the hilights but get of my cloud was awesome and fool to cry a must.Keith was on a good day with great solos and playing.
It was one of the best of this tour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-27 03:24 by 5strings.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: June 27, 2018 08:17

Rollingloc, I think Keith was really good in Edinburgh too. With the exception of SMU intro of course...

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 27, 2018 09:11

SFTD

video: [youtu.be]

[youtu.be]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-27 09:13 by maumau.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: June 27, 2018 10:02

Mixed review (fans attending the show)
[www.20minutes.fr]

Les Rolling Stones ont donné leur seul concert en France mardi soir au stade Vélodrome à Marseille.Beaucoup de fans ont été impressionnés par la performance du groupe anglais.

Certains regrettent néanmoins la piètre qualité sonore du spectacle, tout en prenant conscience de l’âge avancé de ces rockeurs.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-27 10:22 by powerage78.

Date: June 27, 2018 10:07

Date: June 27, 2018 10:34

35love
OMG ‘Fool To Cry’
but gorgeous

What's that round the 2:35-mark and the 4:30-mark, then? smiling smiley

Seriously, it's good to see (and hear!) weaving like this again! I'm not sure how you missed that, 35Love (or didn't I get you here)?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-27 11:12 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: June 27, 2018 10:54

Woke up this morning in my tiny neat
flat on the seaside, went swimming and
diving and still full of this show.
Pit A. Fantastic Glorious Sons not
warmed up, they heated up the audience.
Best Support I ever saw opening for
my band!
And in the same time it was clear:
Marseille is ready for something.
Loud, awake, passioned.
They better were. Because the Stones
were on 110% on this night. So strong,
so loud, so powerful and - sharp and
precise! When Keith came out, riffin' SFM
he gave the first big sign for that
what was following: Playing fantastic
song by song.
Mick was Mega-Mick tonight- carried by the
loud and screaming and dancing and singung
The best performance I saw
of my band since 2012.
To be cont. in the reports.

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: June 27, 2018 11:00

Giants forever !

(in french, the title is a wink to "A jamais les premiers", an unoffial Olympique de Marseille motto who are forever the first (and only) french team who won the Champions League)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-27 11:00 by Massimo68.

Date: June 27, 2018 11:13

Another review (with great pics)

[www.lamarseillaise.fr]

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: June 27, 2018 11:14

Date: June 27, 2018 11:43

As expected the GC was huge and uber-over-crowded !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-27 11:44 by Massimo68.

Date: June 27, 2018 12:17

Back from a run around Cité Radieuse and Borelly, the beach and the Velodrome! Hard to believe what happened there last night! Love this town, love these guys!

Keith, yeah, the cat is back, haven't seen him that confident since, dunno, 1997 ? Anyway you no longer look at him and worry he's gonna mess up, that means a lot.

@powerage78 - thanks for rounding up the reviews.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: June 27, 2018 12:34

Yes, GC was really overcrowded. It was almost impossible when we moved from GC to Pit B: Thousands of people were entering GC through a small bottleneck entrance. A crush occoured, some fainted and needed medical attention. Many, myself included, had to jump over barriers to avoid the crush. Two security people from Stones' own staff came and were not impressed by the local security: they directed and ordered the local staff what to do next; they opened fences and gates to let people in GC through the stands and other ways before shutting down entrance to GC from Keith's side and rather opening a new entrance on Ronnie's side. After some wait and struggle we finally got inside the pit. I only hope those who collapsed in the crush are allright and got the see/enjoy the show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-27 12:35 by The Worst..

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: June 27, 2018 12:42

Is there an official setlist photo?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 27, 2018 12:50

Javadave

Is there an official setlist photo?

Not yet ....

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: June 27, 2018 13:30

The Worst.
Yes, GC was really overcrowded. It was almost impossible when we moved from GC to Pit B: Thousands of people were entering GC through a small bottleneck entrance. A crush occoured, some fainted and needed medical attention. Many, myself included, had to jump over barriers to avoid the crush. Two security people from Stones' own staff came and were not impressed by the local security: they directed and ordered the local staff what to do next; they opened fences and gates to let people in GC through the stands and other ways before shutting down entrance to GC from Keith's side and rather opening a new entrance on Ronnie's side. After some wait and struggle we finally got inside the pit. I only hope those who collapsed in the crush are allright and got the see/enjoy the show.

Agreed. Worst organized show of the tour (for me). The French security people were the dumbest on the planet. They seem fixated with creating terrorist-friendly bottlenecks at the entrances. You should have seen the folks with Pit wristbands trapped at the back of GA with 30 minutes to go. No way they had a good time.

Date: June 27, 2018 13:36

@The Worst - sounds bad, at what time was that? At 7:20 when we finally made our way down the steps behind the stage it was pretty mellow. The front of GC was packed and I was worried it was Pit B but fortunately there was a secret passage ;-)

Maybe 15' later there was a bit of a panic among the security guys so that's maybe when the crush occurred.

Talking of security they had to enter Pit B at the end when a dude drunk out of his mind was pushing people. They told him to stop from the front but he laughed at them so they made their way around, a first guy arrived, he refused to follow him, bad idea! He even fought back until too other guys arrived and he was carried away, sad...

--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-28 01:42 by gotdablouse.

Date: June 27, 2018 14:01

DandelionPowderman
35love
OMG ‘Fool To Cry’
but gorgeous

Seriously, it's good to see (and hear!) weaving like this again! I'm not sure how you missed that, 35Love (or didn't I get you here)?

I can HEAR it I would like a camera closer on them to SEE it.
mon Dieu! did I just say less camera on Mick? ;-)

Date: June 27, 2018 14:23

35love
DandelionPowderman
35love
OMG ‘Fool To Cry’
but gorgeous

I can HEAR it I would like a camera closer on them to SEE it.
mon Dieu! did I just say less camera on Mick? ;-)

Ah, I understand!

A couple of stills might do, love?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-27 14:24 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: June 27, 2018 14:25

(LOBS article translate)

Already the debrief ": the Rolling Stones at the Vélodrome de Marseille, solid like rock

It's been fifteen years since we came here to play. But do not worry, it's always the same songs. "Mick Jagger did not lack humor on Tuesday night, at the Stade Vélodrome in Marseille for the monster concert of the Rolling Stones.It must be said that if the production of the group superstar preferred the Phocean City in Lyon for the only French concert of this extension of the "No Filter Tour", it is not the result of chance.
It's already been several years, and especially since MP-2013, that the cultural wind blows in the sails of the southern city. Above all, since 2016 and a naming contract, the arena of Olympic players has seen its capacity boosted to 67,000 seats. Having become second national stadium, the Orange Velodrome can now attract as much the inhabitants of the Mediterranean basin, as the Italians and the Spaniards, shunned of this tour.

But what makes the Stones roll again?
If you have fun counting the ages of the leader Mick Jagger, guitarists Keith Richards and Ronnie Wood as well as metronome Charlie Watts, the friends accumulate on stage not less than 295 years. Add to that the 55-year career in his trunk, and the bolide Stones is a case study in terms of longevity.
"The Rolling Stones are immortal, just listen to their many hits that speak to all generations, and then it's a moment of sharing with my dad, 59, for whom this band is iconic. pretext to find us in concert ", explains Sophie, 20 years old.
And some great music, there was that evening at the Vélodrome, first with the introduction "Street fighting man" quickly followed by "Paint it black", "Start me up", "Miss you" or "Gimme Shelter". And even when the majority of titles was slowed by 10 BPM, to allow Keith Richards, lacking dexterity in recent years, not to be too confused on his Fender Telecaster 50's.
At the end of the grandiose show and the rhythmic pyrotechnics of "Satisfaction", the quartet salutes the hypnotized Marseille audience one last time. Behind him, four gigantic screens are adorned with the mythical language of the group, accompanied by the message "See you soon". Really ?

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: June 27, 2018 15:10

35love
(LOBS article translate)

Already the debrief ": the Rolling Stones at the Vélodrome de Marseille, solid like rock

It's been fifteen years since we came here to play. But do not worry, it's always the same songs. "Mick Jagger did not lack humor on Tuesday night, at the Stade Vélodrome in Marseille for the monster concert of the Rolling Stones.It must be said that if the production of the group superstar preferred the Phocean City in Lyon for the only French concert of this extension of the "No Filter Tour", it is not the result of chance.
It's already been several years, and especially since MP-2013, that the cultural wind blows in the sails of the southern city. Above all, since 2016 and a naming contract, the arena of Olympic players has seen its capacity boosted to 67,000 seats. Having become second national stadium, the Orange Velodrome can now attract as much the inhabitants of the Mediterranean basin, as the Italians and the Spaniards, shunned of this tour.

But what makes the Stones roll again?
If you have fun counting the ages of the leader Mick Jagger, guitarists Keith Richards and Ronnie Wood as well as metronome Charlie Watts, the friends accumulate on stage not less than 295 years. Add to that the 55-year career in his trunk, and the bolide Stones is a case study in terms of longevity.
"The Rolling Stones are immortal, just listen to their many hits that speak to all generations, and then it's a moment of sharing with my dad, 59, for whom this band is iconic. pretext to find us in concert ", explains Sophie, 20 years old.
And some great music, there was that evening at the Vélodrome, first with the introduction "Street fighting man" quickly followed by "Paint it black", "Start me up", "Miss you" or "Gimme Shelter". And even when the majority of titles was slowed by 10 BPM, to allow Keith Richards, lacking dexterity in recent years, not to be too confused on his Fender Telecaster 50's.
At the end of the grandiose show and the rhythmic pyrotechnics of "Satisfaction", the quartet salutes the hypnotized Marseille audience one last time. Behind him, four gigantic screens are adorned with the mythical language of the group, accompanied by the message "See you soon". Really ?

Could you post a link to the original, French article? Tks

Posted by: arizojp ()
Date: June 27, 2018 15:18

Some videos from Ganay lower tribune (the sound here was average) :

Get Off Of My Cloud :
[www.youtube.com]

Fool To Cry :
[www.youtube.com]

Paint It Black :
[www.youtube.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 9 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1176
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home