Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

If you had to pick....................
Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: June 24, 2018 05:26

Your three high spots of the tour so far.............

Mine are.....

1. Fool to cry - London 22.5.2018

2. re-starting Satisfaction - Twickenham 19.6.2018

3. Street fighting man - Cardiff - 15.6.2018

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-24 14:10 by EddieByword.

Re: If you had to pick....................
Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: June 24, 2018 06:54

EddieByword
Three high spots so far.............

Me.....

I would pick Street fighting man - Cardiff - 15.6.2018. It was explosive and epitomizes The Stones

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: June 24, 2018 13:54

Would love to hear Fool to Cry live. SFM though is a tour de force.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: June 24, 2018 16:41

Midnight Rambler - Twickers. It's that Come On In My Kitchen interpolation that does it for me, and also that I was there, in VIP Gold Circle.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 24, 2018 17:50

If I had to pick one from each show I attended..
SFM in Cardiff was absolutely stunning, and set the stage for an exceptional show.
BoB in Twick was fantastic to hear and enjoyed watching Mick string it out and toy w J Bay a bit..
LSTNT was a highlight for me in Edinburgh, and as close as I've seen M & K share a mic in years.
You Got the Silver in Manchester was fantastic.. the interaction between Keith & Ronnie is priceless. Seeing it up close from the pit was a definite highlight.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: June 24, 2018 18:21

Not that keen on Fool To Cry so was delighted i got to hear SFM at Cardiff, and the Satisfaction re-Start At Twickenham.
Funnily enough those were both the biggest highlights for me EddieByword, to pick a winner i have to go for Satisfaction because it was in the moment, the band and the audience with the music were all meshed together during second half at Twickenham, the band could sense it, we could feel it, it was as if the music and the crowd were pulsating as one united force giving strength to one another.
These things rarely happen , ( i can only describe it as similar to experiencing enlightenment ) but they do happen at Rock concerts from time to time, i will take that encore at Twicks on home turf as my final memory of this band that i love.
I think Keith kicked it all off, he became a bit emotional during his solo spot, he looked like he wanted to say something but changed his mind, i think he wanted to say goodbye.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-24 18:36 by keithsman.

Date: June 24, 2018 18:41

keithsman
I think Keith kicked it all off, he became a bit emotional during his solo spot, he looked like he wanted to say something but changed his mind, i think he wanted to say goodbye.

In Brussels 2007 I felt the same way. Seemed Keith was saying goodbye and/or sorry about his decline in playing. But surely it was something emotional. Let's hope we're speculating about this subject through more touring years ahead. I can't blame any of these guys for thinking its the last time. At 55 I'm already thinking it too!

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: June 24, 2018 19:11

keithsman
Not that keen on Fool To Cry so was delighted i got to hear SFM at Cardiff, and the Satisfaction re-Start At Twickenham.
Funnily enough those were both the biggest highlights for me EddieByword, to pick a winner i have to go for Satisfaction because it was in the moment, the band and the audience with the music were all meshed together during second half at Twickenham, the band could sense it, we could feel it, it was as if the music and the crowd were pulsating as one united force giving strength to one another.
These things rarely happen , ( i can only describe it as similar to experiencing enlightenment ) but they do happen at Rock concerts from time to time, i will take that encore at Twicks on home turf as my final memory of this band that i love.

That is crazy, that's exactly what a friend of mine said when she saw the vid of it and she wasn't even there, "It sounds like the energy is going to the crowd and back to band and back to the crowd,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I love the rare occasions Keith does that,,,,," the 7 min version of Happy comes to mind too - with the Winos in 1988 - Hollywood palladium,........

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 24, 2018 19:13

When I saw them in Arlington, Mick very clearly said “see you again”...I’m holding them to it...look out for some Texas dates coming soon...

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: June 24, 2018 19:28

EddieByword

Mine are.....

Without thinking too hard, those would perhaps be mine too! Along with Happy Birthday to Charlie at Coventry.

syrel

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: June 24, 2018 19:35

frankotero
keithsman

In Brussels 2007 I felt the same way. Seemed Keith was saying goodbye and/or sorry about his decline in playing. But surely it was something emotional. Let's hope we're speculating about this subject through more touring years ahead. I can't blame any of these guys for thinking its the last time. At 55 I'm already thinking it too!

It seemed Keith was drunk as a skunk in Werchter 2007 (Werchter isn’t Brussels).
Man, I was really angry at the stones that evening.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-24 19:37 by BowieStone.

Date: June 24, 2018 19:56

BowieStone -correct it was Werchter. That show was something of a mess. Though it seems some of the songs came across okay. Thinking about the 3 available on pro-shot video. Ronnie's pick floated into my hand from the B-Stage. Not all was bad for me.

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: June 24, 2018 20:41

Oh God, I had tried to put Werchterout of my mind. I wasn't there, and this video makes me thank god that I wasn't.

[www.youtube.com]

Date: June 24, 2018 20:48

Well I watched the video of Wanna Hold You. Not happy times as I remember. Then watched the message from Keith 2007 video on the playlist, almost made me cry. Glad we're in better days. Hope he's doing well of course.

Date: June 24, 2018 21:05

nevermind

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-24 21:11 by PaintMonkeyManBlack.

Date: June 24, 2018 21:27

Oh no, i just watched I Wanna Hold You from Werchter, felt like crying, Keith really shouldn't have been forced ( or should not have agreed ) to tour in 07' , he needed time to recover properly from his life threatening head injury and Patti's health problems.
I think he just sank into the world that took him away from everything, the world of addiction, i didn't expect to ever see Keith live or alive again after that tour.
But now he's turned it all around, and he is doing his best to give something back, to give us something great to remember the Stones by.
We can't ask any more of him than that, what he is doing right now with the Stones is beyond what any of us expected, and at the end of the day addiction is a disease, he didn't turn up drunk on purpose, honest to God i don't know how he managed to get through some of those gigs in 07' , he was all over the place, Mick prevented him from falling off the stage a couple of times.
He was obviously depressed, makes it so much more rewarding when we see him so happy on stage today, he has the most loyal patient band mates ( and fans ) a guy could ever ask for.

Date: June 24, 2018 21:51

keithsman -you said it best. Cheers!

Date: June 24, 2018 22:05

keithsman
Oh no, i just watched I Wanna Hold You from Werchter, felt like crying, Keith really shouldn't have been forced ( or should not have agreed ) to tour in 07' , he needed time to recover properly from his life threatening head injury and Patti's health problems.
I think he just sank into the world that took him away from everything, the world of addiction, i didn't expect to ever see Keith live or alive again after that tour.
But now he's turned it all around, and he is doing his best to give something back, to give us something great to remember the Stones by.
We can't ask any more of him than that, what he is doing right now with the Stones is beyond what any of us expected, and at the end of the day addiction is a disease, he didn't turn up drunk on purpose, honest to God i don't know how he managed to get through some of those gigs in 07' , he was all over the place, Mick prevented him from falling off the stage a couple of times.
He was obviously depressed, makes it so much more rewarding when we see him so happy on stage today, he has the most loyal patient band mates ( and fans ) a guy could ever ask for.
He played great gigs in 2006 after his fall.. also his playing became a lot better in the second half of 2007. Werchter, madrid and some other gigs where lowpoints. It is amazing 10years later he is so much better and happier

Date: June 25, 2018 00:17

PaintMonkeyManBlack
keithsman
He played great gigs in 2006 after his fall.. also his playing became a lot better in the second half of 2007. Werchter, madrid and some other gigs where lowpoints. It is amazing 10years later he is so much better and happier

Yes he was fairly good in 06' on and off, he was barely moving when i saw him in Cardiff 06' but as you say post brain op he was great in some gigs, Austen Texas comes to mind, and of course the Shine A Light gigs.
As for getting better in the second half of 07' that's down to our own personal experience, lots of posters think he was great at the 02 gigs but i was very disappointed, i thought he looked tired, no energy, no spark, but his playing was ok.

I suppose Keith has been attempting to get his act together on and off since 08' its a battle he's finally winning, thank god he has the constitution to get him this far, hope he keeps up the good work, he could go on to be 90 if he stays straight and sober, Ronnie too.
Ronnie said himself that it's impossible to pull off the drinking as you get older, its either stop or die i guess.
Even if we give Keith the benefit of the doubt and say he's a heavy drinker who can stop when he wants, it still takes it's toll on an old body. I can't believe Keith is still with us and in good shape, its a bloody miracle.smoking smiley

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: June 25, 2018 00:36

EddieByword

Mine are.....

I agree with 1. and 3. My number 2 would be Midnight Rambler at Edinburgh

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 25, 2018 00:53

ROCKMAN

Date: June 25, 2018 01:10

frankotero
keithsman -you said it best. Cheers!

Thanks man smileys with beer

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: June 25, 2018 01:35

theimposter
Oh God, I had tried to put Werchterout of my mind. I wasn't there, and this video makes me thank god that I wasn't.

[www.youtube.com]

Man what makes that performance 100 times worse is that dreadful moustache. I think the reason was all think he sounded better in the second half of the 2007 tour was because he'd shaved off that monstrosity. It made him look like an old wino. He also still had his old set of false teeth that were wearing down and no longer fitted him properly. And he was still using boot polish to dye his hair brown.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: June 25, 2018 02:15

‘Beast of Burden’ Twick

‘Fool To Cry’ knocked me out, too.

Date: June 25, 2018 23:44

35love
‘Beast of Burden’ Twick

Yep , the duet worked well and the guitars were really smoking smoking smiley

That was the strongest version of BOB i've heard since 81'

Date: June 25, 2018 23:53

keithsman
35love
‘Beast of Burden’ Twick

Yep , the duet worked well and the guitars were really smoking smoking smiley

That was the strongest version of BOB i've heard since 81'

thumbs up
Agree.
And Mick seemed to really enjoy stretching it out a bit.. Loved it!

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: June 26, 2018 02:23

‘Shattered’
Don’t forget the surprise ‘Shattered’ for Shidoobee
listening to Mick sing the lyrics= engaging, happy, ‘10’

ETA: I am still talking about No Filter 2

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-26 02:25 by 35love.

Date: June 26, 2018 03:03

35love
‘Shattered’
Don’t forget the surprise ‘Shattered’ for Shidoobee
listening to Mick sing the lyrics= engaging, happy, ‘10’

ETA: I am still talking about No Filter 2

Shattered was fantastic, I thought!
The Manchester complete show (also posted in Manchester thread) is really well done! First UK show for me (in pit!).. Worth checking out this whole video..
Best complete show footage I've seen. Hope similar one for Twick is coming...
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: June 27, 2018 23:20

EddieByword

Mine are.....

The diversified set list. Oh wait

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2026
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home