Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 10 of 12
Rolling Stones - Berlin Germany 22-June-2018
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 23, 2018 05:33

Re: Rolling Stones - Berlin Germany 22-June-2018
Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: June 23, 2018 06:19

wow; i just clicked in and that Popped up right out at me Top of the Page.
Holy smokes!

Re: Berlin Germany 22-June-2018 Rolling Stones No Filter live updates
Posted by: GlimmerGirl24 ()
Date: June 23, 2018 06:55

I thought the Stones started a bit slow - but four or five songs in they clicked into gear.

Marcelo was taking my spare and I was supposed to meet him at will call at 5:30. At 4:25 I went to open my safe to get 20 euros out and discovered it open and missing between 80 to 100 euros. I searched my suitcase and purse to see if I had misplaced it and then reported the theft to the front desk. Forty-five minutes later - after talking with the manager - I had several free Mars bars and free drinks when I returned from the concert. Of course, now I'm going to be really late meeting Marcelo - who doesn't have a cell phone. We've had a Facebook chat going and I asked if anyone saw Marcelo to let him know I'd been delayed. I met some other glimmers at 6pm and rode the train out to the stadium with them.

Marcelo had 90 minutes to charm the Will Call ladies - I don't know if that helped - but when I handed my id over - the woman gave me a pair of Pit A tickets she had sitting on the side of her counter.

The train stops right outside of the stadium - up some stairs, over a bridge and you're in the courtyard of the stadium - which my knee loved. I also didn't do a lot of walking in Berlin - it seems like one never has to walk more than a block to find a tram, bus, subway or train.

Once in the pit - it was too crowded by the walkway - I doubt I could have even gotten close - the pit was full with more people streaming in. Lots of tall ones too. The side and rear fences were claimed. I knew I needed a rail to lean on if I was going to stand the whole concert - so I chose inbetween the first and second iPhone screens. It would be a great spot if the stage wasn't a story high. I couldn't see Charlie, Darryl or the horns, I could see Chuck, Bernard and Sasha (I decided I don't like her lipstick shade. I only saw Keith and Ronnie when they came to the front. But I was right in front of a speaker and the audio was great.

To my right were two women who bought Pit tickets - they were not happy not to be center stage. To my left was a family and friends pass woman. She did not like it that I was sitting before the Stones came on. I don't no why it bothered her. There were at least 4 kids under 10 around me with lots of people with friends and family passes.

I stood as long as I could - the rail and less walking helps with my knee. smiling smiley I'm glad the sound was great. I'll have to listen to the scope on my flight to Marseilles.

I rent a mifi (wifi that connects to a cell tower) from Hippocketwifi. There cheapest plan is 1 gig per 24 hours - I can blow through a gig with not too much trouble on Stones days with the scopes eating up 300 mb. I've found the 30 gig month plan for 14 days is cheaper than the unlimited per day plan. I've used almost 8 gigabytes in 8 days. The mifi can connect up to 5 devices - so I let friends use it. It costs around $150 for the 30 gb plan - they usually have coupon codes. The model I've rented this summer and last is a Huawei E5577.

I discovered with Twick that if I start the Periscope about 15 minutes before the Stones take the stage - I stay connected. I don't know if the mifi helps, starting the scope early or if it's both. With the mifi - I don't need an international plan - I use the mifi to make and receive wifi calls.

See you all in Marseilles. smiling smiley

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: June 23, 2018 07:04

Just tell me where to send the money.

You’re a star, Debbie, a sincere nod.

France!

Re: Rolling Stones - Berlin Germany 22-June-2018
Date: June 23, 2018 07:26

bye bye johnny

The cat’s outta the bag?

Okay I’ll stop.

Date: June 23, 2018 07:40

Did anyone else notice the pictures of diamonds on the screens at the end?

Is Berlin known for diamonds?

Diamond gift?

I did not see any diamonds at the Twick.

Is this the screen dudes messing around again?

(I think I’m done. Bjornulf please get the reports in lol

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: June 23, 2018 07:40

GlimmerGirl24
I thought the Stones started a bit slow - but four or five songs in they clicked into gear.

Marcelo was taking my spare and I was supposed to meet him at will call at 5:30. At 4:25 I went to open my safe to get 20 euros out and discovered it open and missing between 80 to 100 euros. I searched my suitcase and purse to see if I had misplaced it and then reported the theft to the front desk. Forty-five minutes later - after talking with the manager - I had several free Mars bars and free drinks when I returned from the concert. Of course, now I'm going to be really late meeting Marcelo - who doesn't have a cell phone. We've had a Facebook chat going and I asked if anyone saw Marcelo to let him know I'd been delayed. I met some other glimmers at 6pm and rode the train out to the stadium with them.

Marcelo had 90 minutes to charm the Will Call ladies - I don't know if that helped - but when I handed my id over - the woman gave me a pair of Pit A tickets she had sitting on the side of her counter.

The train stops right outside of the stadium - up some stairs, over a bridge and you're in the courtyard of the stadium - which my knee loved. I also didn't do a lot of walking in Berlin - it seems like one never has to walk more than a block to find a tram, bus, subway or train.

Once in the pit - it was too crowded by the walkway - I doubt I could have even gotten close - the pit was full with more people streaming in. Lots of tall ones too. The side and rear fences were claimed. I knew I needed a rail to lean on if I was going to stand the whole concert - so I chose inbetween the first and second iPhone screens. It would be a great spot if the stage wasn't a story high. I couldn't see Charlie, Darryl or the horns, I could see Chuck, Bernard and Sasha (I decided I don't like her lipstick shade. I only saw Keith and Ronnie when they came to the front. But I was right in front of a speaker and the audio was great.

To my right were two women who bought Pit tickets - they were not happy not to be center stage. To my left was a family and friends pass woman. She did not like it that I was sitting before the Stones came on. I don't no why it bothered her. There were at least 4 kids under 10 around me with lots of people with friends and family passes.

I stood as long as I could - the rail and less walking helps with my knee. smiling smiley I'm glad the sound was great. I'll have to listen to the scope on my flight to Marseilles.

I rent a mifi (wifi that connects to a cell tower) from Hippocketwifi. There cheapest plan is 1 gig per 24 hours - I can blow through a gig with not too much trouble on Stones days with the scopes eating up 300 mb. I've found the 30 gig month plan for 14 days is cheaper than the unlimited per day plan. I've used almost 8 gigabytes in 8 days. The mifi can connect up to 5 devices - so I let friends use it. It costs around $150 for the 30 gb plan - they usually have coupon codes. The model I've rented this summer and last is a Huawei E5577.

I discovered with Twick that if I start the Periscope about 15 minutes before the Stones take the stage - I stay connected. I don't know if the mifi helps, starting the scope early or if it's both. With the mifi - I don't need an international plan - I use the mifi to make and receive wifi calls.

See you all in Marseilles. smiling smiley

Thank you so very much!

Date: June 23, 2018 07:45

I feel so lucky! So happy!
I was able to hear/see the Stones entire live concert tonight!!WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!! [www.pscp.tv]

Thanks to the efforts and expenditures of one great woman, THEGREATGLIMMERTIGERSTONESGIRL!!!

You are a legend Miss Tiger!! You are amazing!! YOU JUST DO IT!! YOU ARE BADASS!!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-23 07:58 by Leonioid.

Date: June 23, 2018 08:43

Quoting Hans (The Rolling Hans)(whom and I agree with 110%) I love the Rolling Stones!
btw- There is not much (in the whole wide world) that is cooler than the action @2:07:40 [www.pscp.tv]

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: June 23, 2018 10:52

35love

Diamond gift?

There were diamond icons on the screens at the end of Miss you in the UK gigs

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 23, 2018 10:53

Many thanks to Debbie - still working my way through the Periscope.

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: June 23, 2018 11:02

Hello,

Biggest thanks goes to Debbie! Really sorry to hear about the theft...that’s so wrong.
Good on you for taking the time, trouble and expense to invite us to your Stones shows via Periscope: I am more than happy to lob in a some dollars/euros/sterling to say ‘Cheers’!

All the best,

Simon.

Posted by: undertheradar ()
Date: June 23, 2018 11:29

Debbie,...much respect to you!
A true Fan and a true fans-fan. Loads of love sent First Class from Wales.smileys with beer

Undertheradar
Disclaimer: I was drunk when I wrote this ;-)

Posted by: GeorgV ()
Date: June 23, 2018 11:44

Honky Tonk Woman
video: [youtu.be]

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: June 23, 2018 11:48

Yes, big thanks to Debbie - that was such a surprise and a treat to be able to watch at home. xx

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: June 23, 2018 11:52

SimonN
Hello,

Biggest thanks goes to Debbie! Really sorry to hear about the theft...that’s so wrong.
Good on you for taking the time, trouble and expense to invite us to your Stones shows via Periscope: I am more than happy to lob in a some dollars/euros/sterling to say ‘Cheers’!

All the best,

Simon.

Was my idea too... Anyone in a mood to set up a P2P wallet to cover the theft? There are many app for that...App you would use for a common gift.. I wish to give, I'm just bad at handling accountancy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-23 11:52 by The Joker.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 23, 2018 12:09

Mick changed the lyrics in Miss You from Puerto Rican to Argentinian girls!

Thank you kindly to anyone (Dean?) who can clarify his insert into Midnight Rambler last night.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-23 12:15 by Beast.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: June 23, 2018 12:58

Beast

Thank you kindly to anyone (Dean?) who can clarify his insert into Midnight Rambler last night.

The insert is from an old blues tune called "Motherless Child." I don't know who is given the original credits for this song, but lots of people have covered it over the years (it also is called "Motherless Children" sometimes).

Great show.

German people smoke (cigarettes) way too much. Gross. It's 2018 - should be banned (and enforced) in the Stadium.

Otherwise, great show.

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: June 23, 2018 13:01

Blind Willie Johnson first recorded Motherless Children. Clapton recorded a great version on 461 Ocean Boulevard. The lyrics caused a great exchange of smiles between Keith and Mick last night

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: June 23, 2018 13:05

thecitadel
Blind Willie Johnson first recorded Motherless Children. Clapton recorded a great version on 461 Ocean Boulevard. The lyrics caused a great exchange of smiles between Keith and Mick last night

That's the guy! Thanks Citadel! He is awesome. I think Leadbelly covered this as well (as did Blind Willie McTell and Mississippi Fred McDowell...I think).

Clapton has done a couple of versions. The one on "From the Cradle" is my favorite.

Mick inserted "Come on in My Kitchen" at Twick - Robert Johnson.

Stones rule. Blues rule.

Date: June 23, 2018 14:20

Lady Jayne
35love

Diamond gift?

There were diamond icons on the screens at the end of Miss you in the UK gigs

Thank you.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 23, 2018 14:30

stickyfingers101
Beast

The insert is from an old blues tune called "Motherless Child." I don't know who is given the original credits for this song, but lots of people have covered it over the years (it also is called "Motherless Children" sometimes).

Thank you! I am familiar with a Richie Havens version that I guess must also have been based on tbe same spiritual.

As to Mick’s throw-in line to Darryl at the end of his bass solo, I think this time is was something Like “Where are the girls at?”. Did anyone else hear that too?

Date: June 23, 2018 14:33

Beast
stickyfingers101
Beast

Thank you! I am familiar with a Richie Havens version that I guess must also have been based on tbe same spiritual.

As to Mick’s throw-in line to Darryl at the end of his bass solo, I think this time is was something Like “Where are the girls at?”. Did anyone else hear that too?

Yes! That’s when I replied here; lined up outside yer door, Mick

Date: June 23, 2018 14:41

bv
PaintMonkeyManBlack
Never seen a crowd react so unenthousiastic to the stones

Where did you sit/stand at the show? The crowd was absolutely wild in Berlin...
At home watching the periscope.

Happy to hear it was just local ! An enthoussiastic crowd is one of the things wich can make a good show great

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: June 23, 2018 16:07

Good SFM version... for a sleepy audience.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: June 23, 2018 17:31

PaintMonkeyManBlack
bv
PaintMonkeyManBlack
Never seen a crowd react so unenthousiastic to the stones

Where did you sit/stand at the show? The crowd was absolutely wild in Berlin...
At home watching the periscope.

Happy to hear it was just local ! An enthoussiastic crowd is one of the things wich can make a good show great

I waa in the middle front of general standing area and for me it was

Date: June 23, 2018 17:35

Imago

Date: June 23, 2018 17:38

Imago

Date: June 23, 2018 17:39

epa

Date: June 23, 2018 17:41

epa

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 10 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1841
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home