Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 11 of 12
Rolling Stones - Berlin Germany 22-June-2018
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 23, 2018 17:47

Date: June 23, 2018 17:48

Date: June 23, 2018 17:49

Date: June 23, 2018 17:50

Date: June 23, 2018 17:51

Re: Berlin Germany 22-June-2018 Rolling Stones No Filter live updates
Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 23, 2018 18:22

PaintMonkeyManBlack
bv
PaintMonkeyManBlack
Never seen a crowd react so unenthousiastic to the stones

Where did you sit/stand at the show? The crowd was absolutely wild in Berlin...
At home watching the periscope.

Happy to hear it was just local ! An enthoussiastic crowd is one of the things wich can make a good show great

You can't judge a show from a transmission. If the recording is good i.e. close to the PA then that is all you will hear.

Where I was there were people dancing and hands up at all times, from show start until finish, girls on the guys shoulders, even up in the seated areas I could see the same. Most of the time there were so many hands in the air I could not use any pictures.

Lots of young fans with plenty of energy, and the older parents and grand parents spending all their energy for the week on the show as it seems!

Bjornulf

Date: June 23, 2018 19:35

bv
PaintMonkeyManBlack
bv
PaintMonkeyManBlack
Never seen a crowd react so unenthousiastic to the stones

Where did you sit/stand at the show? The crowd was absolutely wild in Berlin...
At home watching the periscope.

Happy to hear it was just local ! An enthoussiastic crowd is one of the things wich can make a good show great

You can't judge a show from a transmission. If the recording is good i.e. close to the PA then that is all you will hear.

Where I was there were people dancing and hands up at all times, from show start until finish, girls on the guys shoulders, even up in the seated areas I could see the same. Most of the time there were so many hands in the air I could not use any pictures.

Lots of young fans with plenty of energy, and the older parents and grand parents spending all their energy for the week on the show as it seems!

I respect your opinion but if you watch the periscope stream you can see what i mean. Just no enthousiasm at all! And i am not talking about sound but about what i saw. Again very happy to hear it was just a local problem in a small part in pit a and the rest of the stadium was swinging (as it should be)

Re: Rolling Stones - Berlin Germany 22-June-2018
Date: June 23, 2018 19:36

bye bye johnny

Love this picture thank you

Posted by: djrambler ()
Date: June 23, 2018 20:32

TE
What a night...
Lucky Dip Ronnie Pit. I screamed out so loud, probably woke up someone in another city.
Was only missing 'WOAF' when Mick started to talk about Berlin airport again.

Too many drunks, AND kids in the pit.
When you are smoking x joints next to a couple with a kid. Hmm.
People fainted long before the boys started. One was ugly with heart starter back there.

Will love that day without beer sale, and no toilets. A pain...
Don't think I got any great photos, leave that to those you will see on the report page her. And I bet Dean will write more about the set list.
Not thaaat many mistakes, some as usual. And Ronnie is a hero these days!
And freck it was loud. Mick starts to get me nervous, hope they don't have to cancel anything the last weeks. Was a cold night, and we got 1 min with rain?!

Did the same as in Twickenham. Moved up at the end of Satisfaction. Walked fast, in a taxi and at the hotel in 10 min.

Fhank you Boys!

TE
Oslo

Thank you TE for hooking me up with a Lucky Dip! Everyone in line with us at the box office around 6:15 pm got Pit A. The pit was packed and fun. And a great show and a great crowd! Also one of the better SFTD I’ve seen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-24 10:02 by djrambler.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 23, 2018 23:50

It was really good luck that the show was yesterday and not today - since the weather conditions in Berlin are really bad right now.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: June 24, 2018 01:07

slewan
great show - except they drop Rocks Off which they did during the soundcheck

btw. seems like every Lucky Dipper got Pit A or B

I was waiting for Rocks Off too after listening to the soundcheck. Maybe Marseille will get it.

Someone who got LD told me: He thought there were 100 oder 200 LDs for pit. No envelopes, tickets were given from a package...

I think there will be also a lot of LDs for the pit in Stuttgart.

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: June 24, 2018 01:14

I traveled from TOKYO to attend TWICKENHAM and BERLIN.

Although I had visited Berlin once before over a decade ago I had never seen a concert there, and was particularly excited to learn this would be held at the historic Olympic Stadion.

As luck would have it I was in the vicinity of the Kapinski Hotel around 2 pm, during which time I saw Charlie looking out towards the Brandenburg Tor from his top floor suite. I waved to him but he did not see me, and then he closed the window. I think the fans congregating at the main entrance were getting to be a bit boisterous at times.

I intended to get to the venue around 5 pm as I didn't have a ticket, but other issues delayed my arrival until 8 pm. I saw only two people selling tickets outside the venue. The first was a nice guy with about a half dozen full color with hologram Innenraum tickets at 497 euros face value asking 350 euros each. The other guy had one ticket only, plain with hologram. Unsure exactly where it was or how much he was asking as he spoke no English. As I continued to mill around near the gates the guy with Innenraum tickets approached me and gave his sales pitch. I explained to him I had seen them the other night in Tickenham so I intended to spend no more than 150 euros for a Berlin ticket, which was true. It was about ten after 8 pm at this point, and so he dropped his price from 350 euros to 300...then soon after to 240. I counter offered with 200, to which he replied 225. I had 225 euros but he couldn't make change, so he accepted 220. I felt I got a good deal, and I must say he was the nicest ticket scalper I ever met, offering and fulfilling his promise to wait at the gate until my after my ticket was successfully scanned in as legit. I gave him a thumbs up and a wave and moved towards the official merchandise tent.

Security conducted bag and body checks, and as in Twickenham plainly saw I had a camera and an HD camcorder yet said nothing. Quite a contrast to their 2003 European tour when they were confiscating point and shoot cameras.

It was nearly 8:20 pm when I purchased my official merchandise. The Berlin t-shirt design is exceptional, but unfortunately the largest size they had left was medium. I did get the Berlin lithograph, which is the same graphics. It is #134 of 200.

As for the performance itself, it seemed to me that Keith nailed it all night and Ronnie was just out of this world. Charlie was a rock, and Mick was the ultimate show man yet again. Easily 4 out of 5 stars, probably closer to 4.5 stars. You Tube clips are great but they don't do this band justice, believe me. We will never see a rock band of this stature ever again, and I left that venue convinced these guys can go rocking on forever.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-24 01:18 by StonedInTokyo.

Posted by: TE ()
Date: June 24, 2018 12:24

djrambler
TE
What a night...
Lucky Dip Ronnie Pit. I screamed out so loud, probably woke up someone in another city.
Fhank you Boys!

TE
Oslo

Thank you TE for hooking me up with a Lucky Dip! Everyone in line with us at the box office around 6:15 pm got Pit A. The pit was packed and fun. And a great show and a great crowd! Also one of the better SFTD I’ve seen.

A pleasure. Pity I didn't catch you "inside". I just needed a rail, and was close to the 'B-stage' Was a ball. And still can't get Rainbow out of my head, LOL.

Well, was my 40th show I think, or 43rd. Gotta update my list, think I got 110 songs now, LOL. Time to update the list...

TE
Oslo

Posted by: djrambler ()
Date: June 24, 2018 12:59

TE
djrambler
TE
What a night...
Fhank you Boys!

TE
Oslo

A pleasure. Pity I didn't catch you "inside". I just needed a rail, and was close to the 'B-stage' Was a ball. And still can't get Rainbow out of my head, LOL.

Well, was my 40th show I think, or 43rd. Gotta update my list, think I got 110 songs now, LOL. Time to update the list...

TE
Oslo

thumbs up

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: June 24, 2018 14:37

Last thought's of Berlin gig...I did get my a4 Camera bag in just rolled it up and put it in my front pocket...Security said what's that???? I said my bag it's empty need it to buy t-shirt's for Der Kinder...in really bad German... he laughed and that was it...Went to about 4 Merchandise stand's after seem's the Berlin show shirt went very quick...Also surprised no one selling Bootleg shirt's after...They will be in Prague...And the bus station was only 3 stop's by metro/bahn/tube...Had a great trip think i was in Berlin for about 9 hour's..Then straight home..Peace

Posted by: TE ()
Date: June 24, 2018 15:33

mikey C
Last thought's of Berlin gig...I did get my a4 Camera bag in just rolled it up and put it in my front pocket...Security said what's that???? I said my bag it's empty need it to buy t-shirt's for Der Kinder...in really bad German... he laughed and that was it...Went to about 4 Merchandise stand's after seem's the Berlin show shirt went very quick...Also surprised no one selling Bootleg shirt's after...They will be in Prague...And the bus station was only 3 stop's by metro/bahn/tube...Had a great trip think i was in Berlin for about 9 hour's..Then straight home..Peace

When I left they only had Small/Medium left of the Berlin shirt. Would love to get one. They were selling fakes outside when I left. Didn't have time to look/check the price.
And great story about your camera bag, LOL.

TE
Oslo

Posted by: GeorgV ()
Date: June 24, 2018 16:10

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-24 16:10 by GeorgV.

Date: June 24, 2018 16:13

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-24 16:14 by GeorgV.

Date: June 24, 2018 16:24

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-24 16:25 by GeorgV.

Date: June 24, 2018 16:38

Posted by: TheBlackRose ()
Date: June 24, 2018 17:27

Some photos of Berlin:

More photos on this page

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-24 17:37 by TheBlackRose.

Posted by: Hendrik ()
Date: June 24, 2018 23:16

See this one and 150+ more photos on my FB page Love You Live:

[www.facebook.com]

Enjoy!

Hendrik Mulder

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 24, 2018 23:42

StonedInTokyo
I traveled from TOKYO to attend TWICKENHAM and BERLIN.

Although I had visited Berlin once before over a decade ago I had never seen a concert there, and was particularly excited to learn this would be held at the historic Olympic Stadion.

As luck would have it I was in the vicinity of the Kapinski Hotel around 2 pm, during which time I saw Charlie looking out towards the Brandenburg Tor from his top floor suite. I waved to him but he did not see me, and then he closed the window. I think the fans congregating at the main entrance were getting to be a bit boisterous at times.

I intended to get to the venue around 5 pm as I didn't have a ticket, but other issues delayed my arrival until 8 pm. I saw only two people selling tickets outside the venue. The first was a nice guy with about a half dozen full color with hologram Innenraum tickets at 497 euros face value asking 350 euros each. The other guy had one ticket only, plain with hologram. Unsure exactly where it was or how much he was asking as he spoke no English. As I continued to mill around near the gates the guy with Innenraum tickets approached me and gave his sales pitch. I explained to him I had seen them the other night in Tickenham so I intended to spend no more than 150 euros for a Berlin ticket, which was true. It was about ten after 8 pm at this point, and so he dropped his price from 350 euros to 300...then soon after to 240. I counter offered with 200, to which he replied 225. I had 225 euros but he couldn't make change, so he accepted 220. I felt I got a good deal, and I must say he was the nicest ticket scalper I ever met, offering and fulfilling his promise to wait at the gate until my after my ticket was successfully scanned in as legit. I gave him a thumbs up and a wave and moved towards the official merchandise tent.

Security conducted bag and body checks, and as in Twickenham plainly saw I had a camera and an HD camcorder yet said nothing. Quite a contrast to their 2003 European tour when they were confiscating point and shoot cameras.

It was nearly 8:20 pm when I purchased my official merchandise. The Berlin t-shirt design is exceptional, but unfortunately the largest size they had left was medium. I did get the Berlin lithograph, which is the same graphics. It is #134 of 200.

As for the performance itself, it seemed to me that Keith nailed it all night and Ronnie was just out of this world. Charlie was a rock, and Mick was the ultimate show man yet again. Easily 4 out of 5 stars, probably closer to 4.5 stars. You Tube clips are great but they don't do this band justice, believe me. We will never see a rock band of this stature ever again, and I left that venue convinced these guys can go rocking on forever.

That's a nice read.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: June 25, 2018 00:12

I’m replaying this (thank you Debbie, thank you)

The tippy toe thing is awesome. Adds viewing and options. I kept trying at the Twick- no go :-)

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: June 25, 2018 00:23

No offence but after watching some of the youtube footage i can't believe how underwhelmed the audience appeared.

Maybe it felt different if you were there as BV said. Maybe it was filmed in an area of the stadium that was a bit lack luster.

I've got to admire the professionalism of the Stones, they bring their A game regardless of the audience.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: June 25, 2018 00:32

keithsman
No offence but after watching some of the youtube footage i can't believe how underwhelmed the audience appeared.

Maybe it felt different if you were there as BV said. Maybe it was filmed in an area of the stadium that was a bit lack luster.

I've got to admire the professionalism of the Stones, they bring their A game regardless of the audience.

If you are referring to the ONLY full time steady scope we’ve had all tour,
Berlin by Debbie,
Please be aware it seems to have been a favor and exception to film from a private small VIP section of Pit A.
I said ‘thanks’ about 5-6 times now. Replaying for Mick’s banter/ motivation for paperwork
And,
Pit B is for the freaks.

Date: June 25, 2018 01:00

35love
keithsman

If you are referring to the ONLY full time steady scope we’ve had all tour,
Berlin by Debbie,
Please be aware it seems to have been a favor and exception to film from a private small VIP section of Pit A.
I said ‘thanks’ about 5-6 times now. Replaying for Mick’s banter/ motivation for paperwork
And,
Pit B is for the freaks.

I thought that was the best SFM I've ever heard, guitars were amazing on youtube and expected the crowd to lift the lid but it was just a polite clap and moderate cheer. Same after HTW, same after She's A Rainbow, plenty of youtube footage out there giving the same indication on multiple songs from varies areas, even Miss You.
I know what i hear, i know what i see, its not an illusion.
Nothing like Cardiff or Twickenham. Sorry just saying it as i see it.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 25, 2018 01:10

keithsman

Maybe it has something to do with the bad weather conditions that day - the temperature was suddenly fallen to nearly the half and the weather changed from midsummer to fall ....

Date: June 25, 2018 01:15

Irix
keithsman

Maybe it has something to do with the bad weather conditions that day - the temperature was suddenly fallen to nearly the half and the weather changed from midsummer to fall ....

Yes that can make a big difference to mood and atmosphere, hadn't thought of that.

Posted by: Jos ()
Date: June 25, 2018 01:48

It became very chilly and windy after some time into the concert. Thought the crowd was pretty lively though. Loved the atmosphere all around the concert. I sat in the N4 Section so had a good overview. But it is a huge stadium. We thought sound wasnt very good for a while, very shrill and too loud, especially the high tones and Jagger's voice. Just painful. Same with the Kooks.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-25 01:55 by Jos.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 11 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2020
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home