Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 29
Re: OT: The 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia
Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 23, 2018 20:06

vertigojoe
grzegorz67
vertigojoe
Maradona. Best ever .

Pele won 3 World Cups and Maradona 1, helped on his way by a certain unpunished blatant handball which led to a goal in a 2-1 win.

Yeah but Diego had a raging coke habit to think about.

History is full of talented coulda-woulda- shouldas who were ‘held back’ by some self destructive issue they could have addressed but didn’t. In sport, music and many other fields.

Pele had no such issues we know of and so was therefore the better player, imho. He certainly had far greater achievements than Maradona.

Posted by: resotele ()
Date: June 23, 2018 21:34

Stoneage
Mexico - South Korea 2-1. Mexico in a very good position now with 6 points after 2 games. Sweden to meet Germany now. I have predicted 2-0 to Germany.
Which is the logical result whatever the Swedish media will tell you. Anything else is dreaming.

that goal by South Korea in the additional time cost me two points in our game, but never mind eye rolling smiley

I say only 1:0 for Germany, we will see in a bit more than an hour. I think the Swedes will give the Germans a hard time

resotele

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: June 23, 2018 21:46

I wonder what odds you could of got on the two finalists from the last World Cup going out after the group stage this time.Both teams can of course still make it to the next round but both look to be in big trouble.

Nate

Date: June 23, 2018 22:14

Belgium and mexico impressive so far. That lozano kid is great. Still think germany will win it.

Date: June 23, 2018 22:17

No way Germany win this tournament.

Nate

Date: June 23, 2018 22:18

Nate
No way Germany win this tournament.

Nate
If they win or not...i think you are making a mistake. Never ever write off germans before the end. They are germans.

Date: June 23, 2018 22:22

They just don't look right something is wrong with the German team this time.

Nate

Date: June 23, 2018 22:24

Nate
They just don't look right something is wrong with the German team this time.

Nate
There is something wrong, they are very vulnerable in the counter attack. Bit that can be fixed and they still have an elite squad. They are playing really well at this moment really. Sweden is a though cookie. Ask people from the netherlands and italy

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: June 23, 2018 22:42

FUN!!! Finally!

I have tried and tried and tried over the years to go fulltime futbol fan, but it never sticks. After the last 3-4 World Cups I have said I would start following my local league... but I haven't... I did for a while... but i drifted away... Just not my cup of tea.

But WORLD CUP!!! I made a concerted effort to care and like it. I mean IT IS the biggest, most serious, truly international WORLD CHAMPIONS sport. So I didd my best to learn the rules and stuff etc etc... and for the last 2-3 World Cups I slowly revved up and got in to it... but it took a while.... especially this time when my team didn't even freekin qualify (neither did Italy) so that sucked and took the wind out of my World Cup sails... but it was not like they ever allow the US to go too far in this thing....so I wind up picking another team to root for... but this time... I was really slow about caring. It has been on ine the background, I am happy they are showing all mornings, 3-4 matches everyday.... but still...

But finally today... for some reason... this Sweden V Germany match grabbed me. What a great match!! THESE GUYS ARE PLAYING !!! It is 83:30 1-1 right now, Germany just went down and man. THIS IS EXCITING!! INTENSE SPORTS!!

I am finally in World Cup mode.

Now to catch up and pick a team to root for... out of the elite teams...

Wait a second... Holland didn't qualify this time either... what in the heck?

Looking at the standings.... shouldn't someone post the standing?

GOOOOOAAAAALLLLLLL GERMANY!!!! WOW!!! DOWN A MAN!!!!! NOW 2-1 GERMANY LEADS!!!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-23 22:54 by Leonioid.

Date: June 23, 2018 22:54

Great free kick from Tony Kroos

Nate

Date: June 23, 2018 22:55

I told you it's all about the last minute with Germany.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-23 23:03 by TheflyingDutchman.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 23, 2018 22:58

Nate
Great free kick from Tony Kroos

Nate

What a goal!

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: June 23, 2018 23:03

Standings after Germany Victory
(Shouldn't someone post these every once in a while?)

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 23, 2018 23:22

Only a fool writes off Germany. They are so resilient and limited German sides have reached finals before now (1982,1986, 2002) or alternatively come 3rd (2006,2010). I’d be surprised if they won it again but I can see them getting through a few knockout stages because of that never give up staying power that they’ve always had.

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: June 23, 2018 23:24

Will keep my finger's crossed for South Korea anyway smileys with beer

Too much luck way too often angry smiley

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 23, 2018 23:28

Sweden denied a clear penalty. Loses on a freekick in the 95:th minute. Our coach, who is a gentleman, went furious. German staff went into the swedish area after the goal and humiliated the Swedish team.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-24 00:26 by Stoneage.

Posted by: electricmud ()
Date: June 23, 2018 23:57

Stoneage
Sweden denied a clear penalty. Loses on a freekick in the 95:th minute. Our coach, who is a gentleman, went furious. German staff went into the swedish area after the goal and humiliated the Swedish team.
I hope FIFA will take action on this. You don't do that. @#$%& Herrenvolk...

You are offending us german people here as @#$%& Herrenvolk...? When other teams win the last second it`s great . but if germany does it after such a game... feel free not to like us, but this nazi shit I take personal.
You know what? Chris Jagger had a wonderful clubgig here in berlin at thursday, the Stones are here in their hotel right next to the public viewing, many people from this board are here in terrible Germany and have a great time with us terrible people. "Herrenvolk" . Thank you and best wishes from Germany. Cheers!

Date: June 24, 2018 00:11

grzegorz67
Only a fool writes off Germany. They are so resilient and limited German sides have reached finals before now (1982,1986, 2002) or alternatively come 3rd (2006,2010). I’d be surprised if they won it again but I can see them getting through a few knockout stages because of that never give up staying power that they’ve always had.

Correct. If the Schedule allows it, it will be another epic final between Brazil and Germany, although they are not the top teams they used to be. I respect teams that take the initiative and go for pressing.

Date: June 24, 2018 00:33

electricmud
Stoneage

You are offending us german people here as @#$%& Herrenvolk...? When other teams win the last second it`s great . but if germany does it after such a game... feel free not to like us, but this nazi shit I take personal.
You know what? Chris Jagger had a wonderful clubgig here in berlin at thursday, the Stones are here in their hotel right next to the public viewing, many people from this board are here in terrible Germany and have a great time with us terrible people. "Herrenvolk" . Thank you and best wishes from Germany. Cheers!

Sorry, Electricmud. I apologize. I lost my temper.It was a sour loss. Twenty second left of the extra time... Anyway I stand behind Jan Andersson, our coach. That sort of behaviour is simply not acceptable. I'm sure they won't write about it in the German press though. But that's another matter.

Posted by: electricmud ()
Date: June 24, 2018 00:44

Stoneage
electricmud
Stoneage

Sorry, Electricmud. I apologize. I lost my temper.It was a sour loss. Twenty second left of the extra time... Anyway I stand behind Jan Andersson, our coach. That sort of behaviour is simply not acceptable. I'm sure they won't write about it in the German press though. But that's another matter.

Accepted, Stoneage. smileys with beer The last seconds were very emotional. Usually the german staff reacts fair. In Interviews you barly here a bad word about other teams. They are critisizing themselfes. It was tough and had only 10 players left. Sorry, if something went wrong. Very emotional situation.

Date: June 24, 2018 00:49

thumbs up, electricmud! Thanks.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: June 24, 2018 01:45

Stoneage
electricmud
Stoneage

Swedish people should learn to lose with dignity. Sweden played bad. Germany had 75% of the possession, more shots on the goal etc. etc. Sweden deserves the WC exit. They can try to win over Mexico, but doubt they will. Seeing Sweden playing foootball is like seeing Norway in 1994 (Drillo style). Good that boring teams are leaving the WC.

Date: June 24, 2018 01:58

mtaylor: The German team was the better one over 95 minutes. They deserved to win. I do not deny that. But I think the Swedish team played pretty good in this game.
We were denied a clear penalty and had a couple of good chances besides the goal. Of course it's tough to lose in the last minute of extra time.
I'm sure you would feel the same if your team (which is?) lost 20 seconds before the whistle blows. After all we all root for our teams. Don't we?

...And I hate to disappoint you but we're not out yet. A 1-0 victory against Mexico is all that it takes...

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 24, 2018 02:22

This is one of the most emotional articles written by a football player that I've ever read.

I've Got Some Things to Say, by Romelu Lukaku

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: June 24, 2018 03:46

Gary Lineker adjusted his famous World Cup quote:

[twitter.com]

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: June 24, 2018 04:58

Stoneage
mtaylor: The German team was the better one over 95 minutes. They deserved to win. I do not deny that. But I think the Swedish team played pretty good in this game.
We were denied a clear penalty and had a couple of good chances besides the goal. Of course it's tough to lose in the last minute of extra time.
I'm sure you would feel the same if your team (which is?) lost 20 seconds before the whistle blows. After all we all root for our teams. Don't we?

...And I hate to disappoint you but we're not out yet. A 1-0 victory against Mexico is all that it takes...

If Mexico deliberately loses the game, are they still in and Germany out?

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: June 24, 2018 05:01

Can anyone confirm the handball S. Korea was charged with that caused the penalty kick on Mexico's first goal? I never saw the handball, it looked like it hit the player in the face.

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: June 24, 2018 06:46

The Sicilian
Can anyone confirm the handball S. Korea was charged with that caused the penalty kick on Mexico's first goal? I never saw the handball, it looked like it hit the player in the face.

I saw obviously hand ball on TV.

Now I am in Ekaterinburg, most eastern venue in this tournament. Attend JPN x SEN match tonight.smiling bouncing smiley

After watching 2 matches in this group H on TV, I expect Colombia drop and Sengal is the best team.
Tonight's match will be tough for us, Japan side.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 24, 2018 10:19

Koen
Gary Lineker adjusted his famous World Cup quote:

[twitter.com]

Hahaha

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 24, 2018 10:55

Position 38 for me. Well, I guess, this is not my year

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1642
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home