Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728...LastNext
Current Page: 23 of 29
Re: OT: The 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia
Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: July 12, 2018 23:11

My grandpa was from Croatia, came to America in 1905 or thereabouts.

Go Croatia/Hravtski!!! Smash the frogs!

plexi

Date: July 13, 2018 01:02

rodes
The easy way for England was not so easy as they expect.

Shit happens.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: July 13, 2018 01:04

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

England fans have accused Mick Jagger of cursing the national team by attending their semi-final match against Croatia on Wednesday, as the star is believed to bring bad luck to those he supports in World Cup tournaments.

The match saw England bow out of this year's World Cup, after a 2-1 loss to Croatia in extra time.

The Rolling Stone has an unfortunate history of watching the teams he supports crash out of the international competition, and now it's believed that he seals the fate of any team he cheers on at the World Cup.

Jagger is a long-time football supporter, and reportedly made sure that the tour dates of the Stones recent No Filter tour of the UK and Europe did not clash with any major World Cup games.

The rocker's rumoured curse began at the South African World Cup in 2010 where Jagger threw his support behind the USA, watching the match from the stands with former US president, Bill Clinton. The team subsequently lost the match 2-1 to Ghana which meant that they were knocked out of the tournament.

At the following World Cup in Brazil in 2014, the Rolling Stones' frontman supported the competition's hosts in their semi-final match against Germany, only to see them face a humiliating 7-1 defeat.

Jagger also watched Brazil's humiliating 7-1 defeat to Germany at the 2014 Brazilian World Cup
Given his reputation for supporting losing teams, it was no wonder that England fans were worried when they spotted Jagger enjoying Belgium's semi-final match against France in St Petersberg on Tuesday.

Eagle-eyed Twitter users believed Jagger was supporting the Belgium team due to his sombre expression for much of the game, which they lost 1-0 to France.

Jagger posted on Twitter on Wednesday with a video from the Moscow stadium where the games were being held captioned, "C'mon England".

The national team of his home country then lost 2-1 to Croatia in extra time, proving that you can't always get what you want.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: July 13, 2018 06:48

timbernardis

Go Croatia/Hravtski!!! Smash the frogs!

Frogs like to do the Croate Dance You may be surprised at last

HMN

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: July 13, 2018 07:56

at last??

plexi

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: July 13, 2018 11:07

mtaylor
[www.telegraph.co.uk]

England fans have accused Mick Jagger of cursing the national team by attending their semi-final match against Croatia on Wednesday, as the star is believed to bring bad luck to those he supports in World Cup tournaments.

The match saw England bow out of this year's World Cup, after a 2-1 loss to Croatia in extra time.

The Rolling Stone has an unfortunate history of watching the teams he supports crash out of the international competition, and now it's believed that he seals the fate of any team he cheers on at the World Cup.

Jagger is a long-time football supporter, and reportedly made sure that the tour dates of the Stones recent No Filter tour of the UK and Europe did not clash with any major World Cup games.

The rocker's rumoured curse began at the South African World Cup in 2010 where Jagger threw his support behind the USA, watching the match from the stands with former US president, Bill Clinton. The team subsequently lost the match 2-1 to Ghana which meant that they were knocked out of the tournament.

At the following World Cup in Brazil in 2014, the Rolling Stones' frontman supported the competition's hosts in their semi-final match against Germany, only to see them face a humiliating 7-1 defeat.

Jagger also watched Brazil's humiliating 7-1 defeat to Germany at the 2014 Brazilian World Cup
Given his reputation for supporting losing teams, it was no wonder that England fans were worried when they spotted Jagger enjoying Belgium's semi-final match against France in St Petersberg on Tuesday.

Eagle-eyed Twitter users believed Jagger was supporting the Belgium team due to his sombre expression for much of the game, which they lost 1-0 to France.

Jagger posted on Twitter on Wednesday with a video from the Moscow stadium where the games were being held captioned, "C'mon England".

The national team of his home country then lost 2-1 to Croatia in extra time, proving that you can't always get what you want.

He also watched England during various European Championship tournaments when they lost in extra time or Penalty shoot-outs.
England's Lost is the single of the year!!!

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: July 13, 2018 11:27

Stoneage
That was Croatia's first goal, Keithsman. And it was perfectly legit. The English side didn't make a protest. Did you watch the game?

Yes Stoneage i watched the game, still not over it, disappointed, so wanted to reach the final after all these years, it would have been a carnival atmosphere in England and we haven't had much to shout about in recent years but we have the best football fans in the world imo.

There are World Cups where you would have been sent off for a high kick like that. England players don't seem to take advantage of calling for the reff, it's not our way, we play the game fair but there were a few couple times we should have called for a penalty.

I just think we played the wrong game, didn't make use of our biggest asset Harry Kane, never mind it's a good young side and we have high hopes for the future.

Posted by: rodes ()
Date: July 13, 2018 12:01

I wonder what it would be like if England had won against Belgium for the group title.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 13, 2018 12:46

Today is Friday 13. If you are supestitious then visit the French or the Cratioan embassy hoping for a black cat to cross the road and look for a ladder to walk under at the same time. If that will bring good or bad luck to you or to France or to Cratia I don't know, but I am 100% sure Mick may attend any football game without having any influence on the result whatsoever.

Bjornulf

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: July 13, 2018 13:12

varilla
Why are we Uruguayans dirty bastards His Majesty?

The team usually is. Not a comment on the people of Uruguay so no need to feel offended.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-13 13:14 by His Majesty.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: July 13, 2018 13:13

bv
Today is Friday 13. If you are supestitious then visit the French or the Cratioan embassy hoping for a black cat to cross the road and look for a ladder to walk under at the same time. If that will bring good or bad luck to you or to France or to Cratia I don't know, but I am 100% sure Mick may attend any football game without having any influence on the result whatsoever.

Well said Bjornulf
Some of the young players on the field may not even know who Mick Jagger is
But people like statistics, and since Mick is a star, they use the opportunity to have something to write about...

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: July 13, 2018 13:21

^^ Just buy an octopus

[www.youtube.com]

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-13 13:25 by powerage78.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 13, 2018 13:26

keithsman
Stoneage
That was Croatia's first goal, Keithsman. And it was perfectly legit. The English side didn't make a protest. Did you watch the game?

Yes Stoneage i watched the game, still not over it, disappointed, so wanted to reach the final after all these years, it would have been a carnival atmosphere in England and we haven't had much to shout about in recent years but we have the best football fans in the world imo.

There are World Cups where you would have been sent off for a high kick like that. England players don't seem to take advantage of calling for the reff, it's not our way, we play the game fair but there were a few couple times we should have called for a penalty.

I just think we played the wrong game, didn't make use of our biggest asset Harry Kane, never mind it's a good young side and we have high hopes for the future.

Sure, Keithsman. Harry Kane had a golden opportunity to score 2-0 and settle the game though. I don't know why he didn't make it. He looked a bit slow there...

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 13, 2018 13:33

His Majesty
varilla
Why are we Uruguayans dirty bastards His Majesty?

The team usually is. Not a comment on the people of Uruguay so no need to feel offended.

The team were a disgrace to the sport in 1986 and I believe they still hold the record for the fastest ever World Cup sending off, when, after 40 seconds one of them brutally assaulted Gordon Strachan in a very obvious premeditated action. There were equally brutal assaults later in the same game which went unpunished. Then from the modern day, there's the brilliant but unhinged Luis Suarez.

Date: July 13, 2018 13:35

bv

Well put. Agree with all of that. Superstition is irrational nonsense.

Posted by: rodes ()
Date: July 13, 2018 13:43

What are the expactations for tomorrow?

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: July 13, 2018 13:44

mtaylor

Two times prediction was right, Italy 1982 ( before Torino show) and Italy 2006 ( before Milano show).
Fiinally, Jagger is a big fan of my nation !
Sici

Date: July 13, 2018 13:46

The worst attack I have seen on a football field was when Paul Scholes marked Håkan Mild in a match between England and Sweden in 1999. He planted his screw studs in Håkan's thigh. Håkan was interviewed 12 years after and said he still had marks from that attack. They had to empty the wound on blood since it got swollen. There were virtually six deep holes in his thigh. Never seen anything like it. Scholes didn't apologize...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-13 14:06 by Stoneage.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: July 13, 2018 14:01

bv

True that. Now, with cricket: that’s another story...

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: July 13, 2018 14:02

timbernardis
at last??

plexi

He probably meant: “...in the end.”

Date: July 13, 2018 14:17

Triskaidekaphobia?

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: July 13, 2018 14:28

rodes
What are the expactations for tomorrow?
I have no favourite but I think Belgium is likely to win.
Imo, they play faster... Hazard is probably the best example of vivacity.
Who can stop him ?

Date: July 13, 2018 14:44

The bronze game? I think the team who really strives for bronze will win. The team that has put the semifinal loss behind them. The team that is mostly disappointed and don't care that much for 3-4 place will lose.

Date: July 13, 2018 15:26

grzegorz67

The team were a disgrace to the sport in 1986 and I believe they still hold the record for the fastest ever World Cup sending off, when, after 40 seconds one of them brutally assaulted Gordon Strachan in a very obvious premeditated action. There were equally brutal assaults later in the same game which went unpunished. Then from the modern day, there's the brilliant but unhinged Luis Suarez.

Indeed.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: July 13, 2018 15:32

Stoneage
keithsman
Stoneage

Sure, Keithsman. Harry Kane had a golden opportunity to score 2-0 and settle the game though. I don't know why he didn't make it. He looked a bit slow there...

Yeah i think Harry was knackard, he just wasn't his usual self, plus he just wouldn't stop running and wore himself out early.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: July 13, 2018 17:11

Well, let’s not feel too bad for the chaps.

FIFA World Cup 2018 Total Prize Money – $400 Million
Fourth Placed team gets $22 million, third place $24 million, losing finalists pocket $28 million and the winners will take home as much as $38 million.

3rd, 4th, what’s a couple mil.?

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: July 13, 2018 17:18

I wonder if he was injured after that jolly hard Colombian match - he was quite subdued in the Sweden game

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: July 13, 2018 18:33

grzegorz67
bv

Could not disagree more, Micks support for any team is the death nail. He’s might as well be Private Wrongo Starr.

Date: July 13, 2018 18:45

ThePaleRider
England needed that 2nd goal...When they didn't get it by the half you could predict the outcome...

Yup, they shat it.

Date: July 13, 2018 18:59

virgil
grzegorz67
bv

Could not disagree more, Micks support for any team is the death nail. He’s might as well be Private Wrongo Starr.

He's a spectator. How can he possibly have any impact on what takes place on the pitch ?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728...LastNext
Current Page: 23 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1831
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home