Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 29
Re: OT: The 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia
Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: July 1, 2018 10:40

Quique-stone
Vamo arriba La Celeste!
yes congrats to your team !

Great Cavani, very dangerous as expected.

We're gonna meet on the 6th, so.........

Date: July 1, 2018 11:05

Stoneage
Hard to see that one coming. I guessed 0-0 and, maybe, penalties. It went the other way around. 7 goals! One player: Mbappé! I feel sorry for Argentina though.
They came back after the penalty but was punished again. Some very fine goals in this match! Poor Maradona!
the most beautiful goal was from Pavard ! a real masterpiece.

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: July 1, 2018 12:08

A little wink to Mick Jagger :

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: July 1, 2018 18:59

Russia 1 Spain 1 after 90 minutes. I figured Spain to win this 2-0. If that own goal by Russia doesn't go in, could you imagine Russia beating Spain 1-0?

Russia is challenging Spain's possession tactics. They are pressuring them into some little mistakes.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: July 1, 2018 19:48

I dont care what country one may be from, what they do for a living, how rich they are, whether they care about or understand futbol... if one did not just watch that kick off... they missed out.

THAT was powerful! and took no explaining.

I wonder how many eyeballs on planet Earth just watched that? 4 Billion? 6 Billion? 5,234,982,132 eyeballs?

Date: July 1, 2018 19:52

Te russian defence, just like in chess, solid as a rock.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-01 19:52 by TheflyingDutchman.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 1, 2018 20:11

Another top country is out. I can't see anyone beating France. They are not as good as they were in 98 or the Spain or German teams in recent years but they are growing and in Mbappe have the game-changer and match winner.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: July 1, 2018 20:25

I wonder if the fact that Argentinian team used the plane of The Rolling Stones for charter flight from Barcelona has something to do with the defeat of Argentinian team yesterday and Spanish team today. You know, the football curse of Mick Jagger could work not only with Brazilian team. Voodoo is very strong with that one winking smiley

Date: July 1, 2018 23:52

WOW!! THAT was some damned entertaining futbol today... both games!

And I must say I am very happy the U.S. broadcasters finally threw in the towel
on trying to do in game commercials, that used to be just stupid.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: July 2, 2018 00:07

Congrats to the three today's winners! thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 2, 2018 00:24

Poor Danes. I feel for them. Some bad penalties though. From both teams. Both Spain and Germany out now. Two beforehand favorites to win the tournament. Strange. Especially the German exit.
New games tomorrow. Win or lose...

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 2, 2018 00:28

I hate penalties to decide a game, but fairest way of doing it I guess.

Even yellow or red cards given in a game can be unfair to decide a winner, or penalties given or not given during the game (Depending on refs or VAR decision).

So unlucky for any team to be even on goals at the end of the match, but end up losing.

No time or practicalities in schedule for a replay, in this day and age.

Might as well toss a coin, but penalties to decide is the better option. confused smiley

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: July 2, 2018 01:29

Stoneage
I think the hottest (not only due to the hot Russian summer) game will be Brazil-Mexico. Because of the rivalry between the nations and the "derby" feel of it.
And perhaps the England game. Whenever England is involved there is always drama. After all - they invented the game...

Typical English - It was Scotland who invented Football.

[www.independent.co.uk]

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 2, 2018 02:51

Tonstone
Stoneage
I think the hottest (not only due to the hot Russian summer) game will be Brazil-Mexico. Because of the rivalry between the nations and the "derby" feel of it.
And perhaps the England game. Whenever England is involved there is always drama. After all - they invented the game...

Typical English - It was Scotland who invented Football.

[www.independent.co.uk]

Bollocks to that article. It was the founding of the Football Association that gave birth to the modern game.

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: July 2, 2018 07:01

When ESP x RUS match finished, I was in a coach at Kazanskaya station, Moscow.
At that moment, my coach was full of scream and yelling.thumbs up

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: July 2, 2018 07:16

lets be honest, denmark and croatia didnt deserve penalties.

if i had to toss a coin i would hope it landed on its side and both got eliminated.

preferred croatia to go through than denmark, at least they showed a willingness in the group stages to do something, as for denmark was there even a point in turning up.

its sad that those that really try are out, yet those that show no ambition stay in and get praise.

hopefully tomorrows games see the correct result.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 2, 2018 08:02

Just for the record, I am supporting England and Brazil, mainly because I already have the T-shirts.

Posted by: ThePaleRider ()
Date: July 2, 2018 14:04

The Russian defense was better than Stalingrad...but seriously, it was Spain's own fault. 1000+ metronomic passes?! That was ridiculous. At least try and do something to scramble things up!

Posted by: BroomWagon ()
Date: July 2, 2018 17:53

To me, it looks like Stoneage wouldn't pick against the Danes, dare I say, fellow Scandinavians..... and got a load of points there. I don't think anyone will knock Stoneage off, unless it's someone with over 50 points already.....but it's still a long tounament.

Date: July 2, 2018 17:54

Silver Dagger
Another top country is out. I can't see anyone beating France. They are not as good as they were in 98 or the Spain or German teams in recent years but they are growing and in Mbappe have the game-changer and match winner.
What about England ?
They slaughtered Panama with no mercy.

Colombia is a bit stronger than Panama but beating them is not that hard. It's not like throwing an egg to the moon.

then, Switzerland or Sweden ? then, Russia or Croatia ?
and then, France vs England in final ? not sure but quite interesting perspective

Date: July 2, 2018 19:15

Stupid as I am I'm going for the big score now so I missed the most obvious result. 2-0. Neymar is going for an Oscar though. Well on his way. But others are nominated too.

Posted by: resotele ()
Date: July 2, 2018 19:23

unfortunately for me no surprise this afternoon.

Brasil was strong, not only Neymar in acting...

looking forward to Brasil vs Belgium (hopefully)

resotele

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 2, 2018 19:23

Stoneage
Stupid as I am I'm going for the big score now so I missed the most obvious result. 2-0. Neymar is going for an Oscar though. Well on his way. But others are nominated too.

Not an Oscar, but a Golden Raspberry. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: dandelion1967 ()
Date: July 2, 2018 19:48

jpasc95
Silver Dagger
What about England ?
They slaughtered Panama with no mercy.

Colombia is a bit stronger than Panama but beating them is not that hard. It's not like throwing an egg to the moon.

then, Switzerland or Sweden ? then, Russia or Croatia ?
and then, France vs England in final ? not sure but quite interesting perspective

Hope to quote again this comment after the next England match...

--------------------------------------------

"I'm gonna walk... before they make me run"

--------------------------------------------

Date: July 2, 2018 22:12

Wow....is Belgium tumbling down ?

Date: July 2, 2018 22:16

Cristiano Radtke
Stoneage

Not an Oscar, but a Golden Raspberry. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Maybe Cristiano. But the Golden Raspberry is for bad actors, Oscars for good actors. And I think Neymar is a natural talent. An autodidact. Method actors should learn from Neymar. Jack and Bob doesn't even come close.

Date: July 2, 2018 22:23

"Pride goeth before a fall". If you don't score you're opponent will. Sooner or later. Like "The Hare and the Tortuise". You think you control the play but that may very well be a delusion. Belgium is put up to the test now.

Date: July 2, 2018 22:32

Belgium starting to play now. It took them 2-0 in the back to understand that they must make an effort. 2-2 now!

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 2, 2018 22:54

I feel so sad for Japan. I was cheering them on after their goals.

Date: July 2, 2018 23:01

WOW!!
That Japan V Belgium match was one of the best I have ever seen... and I have no picks in the World Cup, no team I prefer, no bias at all, except wanting to see good competition... AND THAT WAS THAT!!! WOW!!

I don't recall seeing a futbal team WANT IT, NEED IT, GOTTA HAVE IT RIGHT NOW and then... go down field and grab the brass ring like Belgium did on its 3rd point AS TIME WAS ALMOST UP, BEFORE OVERTIME!!! THEY NEEDED IT RIGHT THEN.

WELL DOWN! That was a great setup and score GOOOOOOOAAAAAAAALLLLLL!!!!!

In my opinion all of these team at this level are winners, they won to get here, and it is damned near equal at this point... both teams want it so bad... but only one moves forward... and the expressions on the faces of the non-winners (they are not losers) says it all... the suddenness of it all being over for them... coming so far... and then it is over. But they should be proud, they did great.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-02 23:03 by Leonioid.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1497
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home