Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 11 of 13
Re: Twickenham London UK 19-June-2018 Rolling Stones No Filter live updates
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 21, 2018 01:48

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 21, 2018 02:13

crawdaddy
So pleased for you once again Gregor, even though I felt that your transport problems must have tainted the Twickenham gig for you, after the show.

Being stuck all night without any sleep, and just wanting to get home is a rotten experience.

I have also just heard from a couple of fans I know from many years back, Melvyn and Sean who you may even know.
We met again for the first time in many years yesterday, and they had their LD tix which were O.K.'ish seats.

They were working out ways to somehow get a bit nearer the stage and just found out that they managed Pit B as well.
Don't know how they did it, but really happy for them. thumbs up

They could well have benefitted from the same piece of luck that I had in getting into Pit B. I was actually wandering all the way around the concourse, seeking out ways of getting into GA, something I achieved quite easily in Cardiff due to no wristbands but security was watertight and several layers deep so no chance there. Then,whilst waiting outside the Gold Circle/Pit B entrance a fan I’ve met once before asked where I was and I told him I was in the roof at the other end. I was asked to wait where I stood for 5 minutes. Upon the person’s return, I was handed a Pit B ticket!!! So I queued, got it scanned and got my GC & Pit wristbands assigned and so it was, right out of the blue and all of a sudden ,I was all ready for my 3rd doze of Pit Action from the previous despair of a distant nosebleed at the opposite end.

I stayed for a couple of James Bay’s songs before I went back to my nosebleed to rejoin my friends for the rest of his set and left them just before 8 to find a spot back in the Pit for the Stones. They had seen me walking into the Pit from afar and wondered what on Earth was going on so I went back and explained. In contrast to my tortuous journey home, they left after Gimme Shelter and were home near Cambridge just before midnight.

The travel woes did take a bit of the shine off things as it now means that I expended 2 days’ leave for 1 Stones Show which really should have been an easy day trip. But I’ve been stranded alone overnight travelling loads of times in my life and it’s water off a duck’s back to me tbqh. The Rolling Stones being involved makes it worth it thumbs up. Before long, I’ll look back snd laugh at it all grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-21 02:17 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: Zagalo ()
Date: June 21, 2018 02:29

grzegorz67
nobodyimportant
grzegorz67
It sounds like we were the lucky ones in even catching a Tube. Our bus was 2nd in the treacle slow convoy and it seems that many later ones arrived after Richmond Tube Station shut down for the night.

I'm so sorry you had such a miserable time getting home, Gregor.

But please satisfy my curiosity - why did the buses take so long? We walked all the way to Richmond and only one bus passed us (it may not even have been a stadium bus) and there wasn't much traffic on the road. What was the hold-up?

We got to Richmond station about 2315. We were planning to try and get to Paddington by tube but saw that there were trains on the board for Reading so took a chance and eventually one came through. It must have been the first one to get through from Waterloo. You can imagine how we felt when it stopped at ..... Twickenham.hot smiley

I think it might just have been a very poorly chosen route. We were at a standstill/crawl most of the time until we reached the big bridge over the Thames, when we started moving well. But by then it was far too late. There were people standing on my bus, even upstairs. But seats quickly freed up as people Lost the rag and asked the driver to let them off.

We were in GC - left after Satisfaction - still held up for 5 mins by the 'Stones' limousines leaving...
Walking past Twickenham Station - no trains, chaos after an earlier broken down train at Clapham Junction apparently!
So walked to Richmond (passed by the Eel Pie Island museum, visited earlier)
Unfortunately, just further on, there was an accident (which I didn't see occur but saw the damage) between a motor cyclist and a car,,,
- no details, just hoping for the best...
Traffic was of course blocked because of that - got to Richmond station, via Bridge Street, approx 11.25 - tube left approx 11.35 and onwards to London...
Great gig - just a shame about the issues afterwards...

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 21, 2018 02:35

Topi
slewan
strange - according to the Stones twitter account Sweet Virginia won the song vote!

They always pick and choose. As much of a real vote as in North Korea, eh? winking smiley

Nah.
They combine the votes from Twitter, FB, and their app I believe.

Posted by: Wickylah ()
Date: June 21, 2018 02:47

DandelionPowderman
Cristiano Radtke
Beast of Burden

Bitch

That BOB was excellent! Really, really great thumbs up

EDIT: Loved Bitch, too!

Posted by: Wickylah ()
Date: June 21, 2018 02:51

DandelionPowderman
Cristiano Radtke
Beast of Burden

Bitch

you find my vids very quickly haha.

Date: June 21, 2018 04:29

Wickylah
DandelionPowderman
Cristiano Radtke
Beast of Burden

Bitch

you find my vids very quickly haha.

grinning smiley

Everytime a concert ends, I start looking for the videos of certain songs, like the song vote winners or those less played, so thank you for uploading them! smileys with beer

Date: June 21, 2018 05:37

"One crazy night in London. Thank you, Rolling Stones!"

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 21, 2018 07:58

i never never never get tired of this

video: [youtu.be]

[youtu.be]

Re: Rolling Stones - Twickenham London UK 19-June-2018
Posted by: 35love ()
Date: June 21, 2018 08:06

bye bye johnny

[twitter.com]

The first black and white photo I’ve ever liked, pretty good!

Just got home to N CA.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-21 08:07 by 35love.

Date: June 21, 2018 09:21

SomeTorontoGirl
It was a great show to end my travels, and a great 5 weeks in the UK. First, thanks to Adrian-L for all the info about the Eel Pie Island Museum, that was really a treat to see, even if I did have to listen to Gazza talking smack about Canada. grinning smiley

To so many others, it was great meeting you / seeing you again. And finally, to the folks in Pit B last night, a huge thank you for your help, and discretion. It hasn’t been mentioned, but I fainted like a Victorian granny - twice - between the end of James Bay and the Stones starting up. A few heroes patted my hands, passed water my way and made sure I wasn’t going to die before the show started (Ian, you’re terrific... and my homie!) It was only heatstroke. (Seriously. In London, FFS!) I don’t have as much as a bruise, and hope whomever must have cushioned my falls escaped unscathed. It was a pain in the ass for all nearby, and I’m both mortified and wildly apologetic. I was glad the Paramedic let me keep a shred of dignity by not calling a stretcher, and I made it back in time for Ride ‘em On Down, survived the marathon to Richmond station afterwards, and have got myself to Heathrow with luggage intact. Hoping everyone else enjoyed the show and made it home.

Sending you good thoughts————

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: June 21, 2018 10:32

35love
SomeTorontoGirl
It was a great show to end my travels, and a great 5 weeks in the UK. First, thanks to Adrian-L for all the info about the Eel Pie Island Museum, that was really a treat to see, even if I did have to listen to Gazza talking smack about Canada. grinning smiley

To so many others, it was great meeting you / seeing you again. And finally, to the folks in Pit B last night, a huge thank you for your help, and discretion. It hasn’t been mentioned, but I fainted like a Victorian granny - twice - between the end of James Bay and the Stones starting up. A few heroes patted my hands, passed water my way and made sure I wasn’t going to die before the show started (Ian, you’re terrific... and my homie!) It was only heatstroke. (Seriously. In London, FFS!) I don’t have as much as a bruise, and hope whomever must have cushioned my falls escaped unscathed. It was a pain in the ass for all nearby, and I’m both mortified and wildly apologetic. I was glad the Paramedic let me keep a shred of dignity by not calling a stretcher, and I made it back in time for Ride ‘em On Down, survived the marathon to Richmond station afterwards, and have got myself to Heathrow with luggage intact. Hoping everyone else enjoyed the show and made it home.

Sending you good thoughts————

likewise. Best wishes & safe travels

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: June 21, 2018 11:08

Cristiano Radtke
"One crazy night in London. Thank you, Rolling Stones!"

[www.instagram.com]

Nice: Keith and Mick exchanged their positions, hehehe ... mates! smoking smiley

Posted by: lox ()
Date: June 21, 2018 11:17

Great concert, horrible logistics. Spotted Rich Robinson with his new singer in the Pit. A good time was had by all!

I am really glad I went to the last UK concert on this tour. I don't think this was the final though, they seem to look better and better (especially Keith). Looking forward to the future...

Posted by: Georges ()
Date: June 21, 2018 12:23

Once again, great show, good sound, great Stones!!!
I really enjoyed it.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 21, 2018 13:14

Nice pics, especially the first and last one.

Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: June 21, 2018 13:18

My review here (written for Record Collector magazine)

[onlyrockandroll.london]

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: June 21, 2018 13:41

crawdaddy
Not sure if this BBC article about Eel Pie Island from yesterday ,has been posted on here. thumbs up

Eel Pie Island

great to see you on tuedsay - take care

Posted by: stoneman333 ()
Date: June 21, 2018 13:57

stoneman333
Great concert - pity about the transport issues sad smiley

Here's my video compilation. No complete songs I'm afraid - just clips - including a bit of James Bay.

Filmed from the middle tier - so on max zoom a lot!! Hence some shots are a bit "jumpy".

Also - sound is not great sad smiley.

Mainly filmed on a Lumix compct camera - but interspersed with a few shots from my mobile phone - you can really hear the difference in sound quality.

Last clip is the announcement of the transport problems!

Anyway - despite all the above comments - I hope some of you can still enjoy it smiling smiley

[www.youtube.com]

Apologies - I've realised I've missed a lot of clips out of my Youtube upload - busy re-posting to Youtube now. I'll add a revised link here when it's done.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-21 14:53 by stoneman333.

Date: June 21, 2018 13:58

johnnythunders

[onlyrockandroll.london]

No direction home..............!

Nice review.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: June 21, 2018 15:17

Thank you for posting those videos; it seems to me that the playing on the current Tour is really good. I know it is just watching videos on YouTube.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 21, 2018 16:13

Stones 2018 are @#$%& brilliant.
They have been since 1962 in fact.but they keep on amazing me.2017 was pretty good.they arelike old wine. They keep on getting better.
Jeroen

Posted by: stoneman333 ()
Date: June 21, 2018 17:22

Deleted - try again!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-21 17:48 by stoneman333.

Posted by: Georges ()
Date: June 21, 2018 18:08

Great gig!

Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: June 21, 2018 18:48

Manofwealthandtaste
johnnythunders

[onlyrockandroll.london]

No direction home..............!

Nice review.

Chris - I have worked that in to my review, many thanks !

Date: June 21, 2018 19:08

An add:

In my 3rd back from the stage Pit B (sorry, can’t resist typing that)

I could clearly see Darryl Jones.
When I looked, he had his eyes on Keith like a hawk/ connected.
For lack of words here:
I got the distinct sense of his 35 years with this band.
(35? 35)
It seems like he and Keith have a close/ great relationship.
And I always dig the funky bass!

Date: June 21, 2018 19:17

odean73
Nice pics, especially the first and last one.

thumbs up
The third one's a great shot as well.

Posted by: DartfordRenegade ()
Date: June 21, 2018 19:22

Green Lady
By the way, what an incredibly appropriate choice Beast of Burden turned out to be!

I've walked for miles - my feet are hurtin'..

Your not wrong there Green Lady. Took us ages to walk to Richmond station which was chaotic with staff not knowing much about which trains to get. By the time our tube got to embankment there were no more trains from Charing Cross. So we jumped in a cab and got the midnight train to Dartford (the last one out). Got home about 2.00 a.m.. Ended up drinking cold beers in the garden until about 4.00 a.m. just to wind down while my partner took a bath to relax and my son drove home to Maidstone. Only just stopped aching myself but we saw a few fans having to be treated by paramedics on the way back to Richmond as the walk was too much.

The Rolling Stones were fantastic though and are the only band I would bother to see in a stadium these days. Hope they do arena shows in future we are all getting on a bit to be standing for hours on end. smileys with beer

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 21, 2018 19:37

DartfordRenegade
Green Lady
By the way, what an incredibly appropriate choice Beast of Burden turned out to be!

I've walked for miles - my feet are hurtin'..

Your not wrong there Green Lady. Took us ages to walk to Richmond station which was chaotic with staff not knowing much about which trains to get. By the time our tube got to embankment there were no more trains from Charing Cross. So we jumped in a cab and got the midnight train to Dartford (the last one out). Got home about 2.00 a.m.. Ended up drinking cold beers in the garden until about 4.00 a.m. just to wind down while my partner took a bath to relax and my son drove home to Maidstone. Only just stopped aching myself but we saw a few fans having to be treated by paramedics on the way back to Richmond as the walk was too much.

The Rolling Stones were fantastic though and are the only band I would bother to see in a stadium these days. Hope they do arena shows in future we are all getting on a bit to be standing for hours on end. smileys with beer

I was so glad I only live half an hour's walk from the stadium, and so sorry for all the poor lost people. Reminded me of getting home from the O2 in 2012 when we were all chucked off the Tube at Green Park in the middle of the night.

Date: June 21, 2018 19:49

crawdaddy
Not sure if this BBC article about Eel Pie Island from yesterday ,has been posted on here. thumbs up

Eel Pie Island

Great article, thanks for posting!
Got my Eelpiland passport stamped twice while I was there..cool smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 11 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1673
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home