Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 9 of 13
Re: Twickenham London UK 19-June-2018 Rolling Stones No Filter live updates
Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: June 20, 2018 13:20

A wonderful show but oh, so, bitter sweet.

To enjoy the company of so many good people from the various RS message boards & get the opportunity to witness our band on home turf makes for a very special day. Let's hope it's not the end for The UK but I fear it may well be.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-20 13:21 by Adrian-L.

Date: June 20, 2018 13:44

Adrian-L

To enjoy the company of so many good people from the various RS message boards & get the opportunity to witness our band on home turf makes for a very special day. Let's hope it's not the end for The UK but I fear it may well be.

If its the last gig in the uk that is just fine with me. Gigs in the uk are overmanaged, over policed and complete nanny state. The opposite imo of what a stones gig should be. At one point my son had his 4'10" girlfriend on his shoulders only for one of the jobsworths to leap in and tell them they would be ejected if she didnt get down. We were at the back!

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 20, 2018 13:49

By the way, what an incredibly appropriate choice Beast of Burden turned out to be!

I've walked for miles - my feet are hurtin'..

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: June 20, 2018 14:11

What Keith said b4 his set (think Topi asked)

Some guy yelled out loud a question or statement to Keith.
Keith said: I don’t have time to answer all your questions right now, pal.
(LOL)

P.S. I had tears down my face during BOTH Keith songs. I don’t know why.
I thought I probably would if I got YGTS as I had never heard it performed in front of me before. BTMMR was wonderful, but I was still waterworks.
I was relieved when SFTD came up next, back on up and grooving I became.
Also,
‘Beast of Burden’ Keith’s guitar licks. The most beautiful sound on the planet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-20 14:13 by 35love.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: June 20, 2018 14:35

Captain Jack Sparrow
Adrian-L

If its the last gig in the uk that is just fine with me. Gigs in the uk are overmanaged, over policed and complete nanny state. The opposite imo of what a stones gig should be. At one point my son had his 4'10" girlfriend on his shoulders only for one of the jobsworths to leap in and tell them they would be ejected if she didnt get down. We were at the back!

For organisation, I must say London Stadium was fantastic compared with Tickenham. I went to all 3 London gigs and last night saw massive queues for everything and travel confusion after the concert. After Stratford the worst I can say was the tube was crowded. And in the London Stadium we all had a good time. I saw zero conflict with security other than some guy wanting to bring his Sainsbury's shopping in with him!

Posted by: JumpinJimF ()
Date: June 20, 2018 14:39

Green Lady
By the way, what an incredibly appropriate choice Beast of Burden turned out to be!

I've walked for miles - my feet are hurtin'..

Certainly was smiling smiley

On the plus side, no problem in making my 10,000 steps for the day though

Posted by: tinnitus ()
Date: June 20, 2018 14:44

Ace gig from the Stones, loved it... but I agree with all the comments about jobsworths and dissaray in the organisation of the thing.

Did anyone else spot Bobby Gillespie & his wife wandering around the Gold Circle?...I was playing it too cool to say anything to him. cool smiley

Date: June 20, 2018 14:54

odean73

There is no one like them and we will probably never see the likes again.

Exactly my thoughts too thumbs upthumbs up

Went with family and we all thought it was a great show. Atmosphere was excellent considering our position some way back in lower tier seats - but nearly everyone in our area was standing and dancing all the way through - the way it should be.

View was good though and I thought the sound was excellent for a stadium, nice and loud, especially guitars, and not too echoey.

Outstanding performances all round. If anyone has tickets for the rest of the tour they are in for a treat.

I thought SFM was an excellent opener, other highlights were Bitch, Ride Em On Down (my fave from B&L) and of course the epic run of songs (I won't use the W word) from Midnight Rambler ("well you heard about the Boston...WHAM") onwards.

Date: June 20, 2018 14:58

odean73
EddieByword
odean73
I noticed in one of the crowd pictures, that people were holding the plastic stones beakers, i take it that these beakers were on sale?

Did not see any at the three concerts i went to.

On Ebay already.......[www.ebay.co.uk]

thumbs updrinking smiley

They're nice. Got a couple in the washing-up bowl right now. Wouldn't count on them standing up to the dishwasher though.

Posted by: StonesSmeth99 ()
Date: June 20, 2018 15:03

[m.youtube.com]

My Satisfaction ending snippet - Poor quality but..

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 20, 2018 15:05

Bought 3 cups in Hamburg 2017.they look and drink great.
Jeroen

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: June 20, 2018 15:23

We were in GA and followed my rule of "If you can't be in the front row, go to the back". Loads of room at the back and if you're short like us, you get a better if more distant view of the band rather than other people's backs and heads. Plus room to dance, jump up and down and go mental! We had a blast dancing with random friendly strangers, much more fun than being squashed up.

I hadn't been to Twickenham before and the stadium is smaller than I expected so that was good. But oh, the organisation! Going in and out of GA was constant bottlenecks because they insisted on seeing tickets every time, even once you had a wristband. And it's unfathomable how slow the bar service was. They had card only payment, and dozens of glasses lined up already filled, so how the dickens did it take them so long to serve people?

I am not going to mention the transport problems here, except to wonder what went on with the shuttle buses? We slipped out before the majority, having gravitated towards the best exit during 'Satisfaction', but knew nothing about buses until, having started to plod towards Richmond, we saw some empty buses marked "Stadium Bus" heading the other way. But in all the 40 minutes or so that we were walking, only one laden bus passed us. Where did they go?

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: June 20, 2018 15:34

Listening to the stream it sounded like Keith played the opening riff of Start me Up on the wrong fret, anyone can confirm?

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: June 20, 2018 15:41

JumpinJimF
odean73
EddieByword
odean73
I noticed in one of the crowd pictures, that people were holding the plastic stones beakers, i take it that these beakers were on sale?

Did not see any at the three concerts i went to.

On Ebay already.......[www.ebay.co.uk]

thumbs updrinking smiley

They're nice. Got a couple in the washing-up bowl right now. Wouldn't count on them standing up to the dishwasher though.

grinning smiley ..... And me..........

Date: June 20, 2018 15:44

tinnitus
Ace gig from the Stones, loved it... but I agree with all the comments about jobsworths and dissaray in the organisation of the thing.

Did anyone else spot Bobby Gillespie & his wife wandering around the Gold Circle?...I was playing it too cool to say anything to him. cool smiley

I saw the Stones turn up in their blacked out windows but with the sliding door open......people carriers surrounded by security, I was buying drinks by the entrance to Gold circle......Mick was playing it too cool to speak to me............grinning smiley

Date: June 20, 2018 15:49

A few observations on an amazing evening of Rock 'n' Roll played like it should be......

My visit to the Eel Pie Museum as well worth it, filled with a wealth of facts about those early days of R&B in that part of the world. It was pointed out to me that the Stones' 9th gig at Eel Pie Island was on the 19th June, exactly 55 years ago to the day.

The meeting of so many familiar faces at the Cabbage Patch in the afternoon was the perfect warm up for the main event. The 'United Nations of Stones fans' were all gathered in the sunshine in a state of excited expectancy.

The gig itself of course was again outstanding, another wondrous display of rock, roll, swagger, humour and guitars.

Did I Imagine it or did Mick say "this is our last date on the UK leg of our tour, before we head to Spain"...... Anyone else hear that?

Now for a first at a Stones gig - just before showtime, a 'Fashionista' couple, very stylishly dressed in black made their way into the pit and ended up standing next to us.........along with their own security guard!! He wasn't watching any of the show, didn't notice as Mick cavorted past just feet away, as his entire focus was making sure no-one got too close to, or bumped into, his fashionable employers. They moved out after half a dozen songs.

Finally, the fiasco of Twickenham Station being closed! Unbelievable. So we end up, after a rowdy and disorganised queue, on the shuttle bus from hell to get to Richmond station. Normally a 10 minute journey took 45. Hot and crowded and playing Smooth FM! it was only a matter of time before someone snapped........our very own Sonic Dreamer finally yelled out "turn the f***ing radio off" when Phil Collins came on. The driver duly did to a loud round of applause!

The things we do to see the greatest Rock and Roll Band in the World!

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: June 20, 2018 16:05

Manofwealthandtaste

Did I Imagine it or did Mick say "this is our last date on the UK leg of our tour, before we head to Spain"...... Anyone else hear that?

Yes. He said they were going to play Love Island. And added "never heard of it."

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 20, 2018 16:06

Mick joked that they were off to Spain next to play at Love Island. If you don't know what Love Island is, count yourselves lucky.

Manofwealthandtaste
A few observations on an amazing evening of Rock 'n' Roll played like it should be......

My visit to the Eel Pie Museum as well worth it, filled with a wealth of facts about those early days of R&B in that part of the world. It was pointed out to me that the Stones' 9th gig at Eel Pie Island was on the 19th June, exactly 55 years ago to the day.

The meeting of so many familiar faces at the Cabbage Patch in the afternoon was the perfect warm up for the main event. The 'United Nations of Stones fans' were all gathered in the sunshine in a state of excited expectancy.

The gig itself of course was again outstanding, another wondrous display of rock, roll, swagger, humour and guitars.

Now for a first at a Stones gig - just before showtime, a 'Fashionista' couple, very stylishly dressed in black made their way into the pit and ended up standing next to us.........along with their own security guard!! He wasn't watching any of the show, didn't notice as Mick cavorted past just feet away, as his entire focus was making sure no-one got too close to, or bumped into, his fashionable employers. They moved out after half a dozen songs.

Finally, the fiasco of Twickenham Station being closed! Unbelievable. So we end up, after a rowdy and disorganised queue, on the shuttle bus from hell to get to Richmond station. Normally a 10 minute journey took 45. Hot and crowded and playing Smooth FM! it was only a matter of time before someone snapped........our very own Sonic Dreamer finally yelled out "turn the f***ing radio off" when Phil Collins came on. The driver duly did to a loud round of applause!

Sure did......oh yes., Love island...........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-20 16:07 by EddieByword.

Posted by: StonesSmeth99 ()

Manofwealthandtaste

Mick said they were going to Spain, some place called Love Island, just a dig at the TV show that everyone’s watching here

Date: June 20, 2018 16:12

Thanks for the 'Love Island' explanation - have heard of it but not watched it. Missed Mick's joke and thought it was some festival!

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: June 20, 2018 16:25

peoplewitheyes

Also, what about Keith's little speech, during his set (I think), he kind of mumbled something... then there was a long pause, and then said 'ok, well, let's get on with the show' (paraphrase). From where I was standing, it seemed like he was feeling a little emotional about a (perhaps) final gig in London... Or maybe I'm a sentimental ol fool, and it was just a little dementia. Whaddya think?

I wasn't there, so I really can't tell -
I'm just posting this quote from the (really enjoyable!) concert review in (on) The ArtsDesk:

" “I’m gonna miss you guys,” Keith says at one point, and it looks like he’s about to say more, but doesn’t, or can’t. "

[ The ArtsDesk - full Twickenham review. ]

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: June 20, 2018 16:29

TheBlockbuster
Listening to the stream it sounded like Keith played the opening riff of Start me Up on the wrong fret, anyone can confirm?

Yes, I can.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: June 20, 2018 17:03

TheBlockbuster

I think he played it in the wrong key too! The rest of the back cranked in in the right key, however!

Scarf me up pt2!

I had forgotten that in the euphoria of last night

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: June 20, 2018 17:13

Check this out:

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: June 20, 2018 17:36

BowieStone
TheBlockbuster

Yes, I can.

Me too - I think he was 2 frets higher than he should have been. At least he realised once the rest of the band came in. Hate to say it, but maybe he needs little stickers on the fretboard for the tunes he kicks off. I had to brace myself just before Brown Sugar (Please God don't let him @#$%& this one up too!)

Having said that I thought it was a great gig. Worth the price of admission just to hear the impromptu 'Come on in my kitchen' during MR!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-20 17:38 by Roll73.

Posted by: mattyman76 ()
Date: June 20, 2018 17:41

If Brian Jones came back from the dead to play with them at Twickenham I still would, not go the venue and staff made me want to stab them all in the throat... Sorry people but their attitude was shocking and the queues holy shit

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: June 20, 2018 17:47

There is no piano - keyboard on the original Bitch studio version.
What is the role of Chuck on this one live ?
And Matt ?
Pantomime ?

[www.youtube.com]

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-20 17:49 by powerage78.

Rolling Stones - Twickenham London UK 19-June-2018
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 20, 2018 17:54

Rolling Stones - Twickenham London UK 19-June-2018
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 20, 2018 17:56

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 9 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1608
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home