Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: It's almost over...what's next
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 19, 2018 21:37

They will return to the US.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: June 19, 2018 21:46

"They will return to the US"

It's your prediction, your desire or both, Hairball?

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: June 19, 2018 21:47

Stoneage
Okey, on a more serious note: I think the options are three:

1) Another tour (like this one) in the autumn or spring next year. Maybe in the USA.
2) No more tours. Instead selected gigs in big cities. Like New York. Or London.
3) They quit... *

* (Touring I mean. They will never officially quit. Maybe finish up some work in the studio instead. Or attending re-issues. Or simply go on with their private lives.)
Nice detective work, Carnac!

Those are literally the ONLY three possible outcomes winking smiley

Just teasing.

Posted by: philrock90 ()
Date: June 19, 2018 21:52

Maybe they will do a mini Tokyo Japan tour

Date: June 19, 2018 21:59

laertisflash
"They will return to the US"

It's your prediction, your desire or both, Hairball?

Both, and also speculation from several inside sources.

As I've been saying, it is my desire to see them again, IF....

-They play somewhere in Southern California (or Vegas), as I will not travel further than that to see them, but I'm flexible and might travel as far east as Utah.
-I will only pay what I think is reasonable as I did for the last *Vegas show which was 1/4th face value for floor seats bought the day of show via stubhub.

When the Stones are in town, I'll do my best to be there as it's now become a tradition.
And a coincidental statistic, I've seen them on average once for every year of my life (54)...gotta keep that statistic up to date, but there's going to be a time in the near future where my age will surpass that.
I'm almost afraid to find out what will happen when the Stones stop touring all together...maybe the earth will explode? winking smiley

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: June 20, 2018 00:36

Naysayers have said the end was near since 1966 - maybe even earlier LOL

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: June 20, 2018 01:26

I think it is pretty obvious where this will go and how it will end. They will do short tours yearly until their is a health problem which isn't that far off.

Posted by: Nasty Habits ()
Date: June 20, 2018 05:11

I’ve heard a rumour from a very reliable source that Mick is planning to buy a combine harvester after this tour and become a farmer. Keith is already scheduled in for Pirates Of The Caribbean 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10! Which is said to take up the next 5 years to film his 5 minute appearances in each film. Charlie is going to go back to his stud farm in Devon and apparently Ronnie is set to become another Van Gough!

"I've got nasty habits I take tea at three"

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: June 20, 2018 11:42

Hardcore fans will say they will still play in 2030, better than 2025, better than 2023, better than 2021, better than 2018.drinking smiley

Lynd8
Naysayers have said the end was near since 1966 - maybe even earlier LOL

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: June 20, 2018 15:12

Scientists are working on cloning the Rolling Stones for the futur.
- one team will dig up Brian Jones's body to get his dna for the team season 1.
- second team for season 2 with Mick Taylor.
- last season with Ronnie Wood
Pherhaps they could play with a fourth team starting in 2012 "the touring circus"

You could see the era you want for eternity... and their children could continue to waste their time doing nothing

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: June 20, 2018 16:14

Last show i predict will be June 2062.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: June 20, 2018 16:35

Best show ever, band on fire. grinning smileysmileys with beer

geordiestone

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: mattyman76 ()
Date: June 20, 2018 18:03

They need to realise the new album before going on the road again and they have to next the last section of the show they need to end the future shows with street fighting man and get rid of satisfaction its boring now I wish jagger would read this board and see that people need or wantthe second have changed please no more sstidaction to end the show they have been ending the shows with it for decades now its to predictable

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: June 20, 2018 18:10

mattyman76
They need to realise the new album before going on the road again and they have to next the last section of the show they need to end the future shows with street fighting man and get rid of satisfaction its boring now I wish jagger would read this board and see that people need or wantthe second have changed please no more sstidaction to end the show they have been ending the shows with it for decades now its to predictable
The days of them leaving Satisfaction off the set lists are long gone.

No Security was the last time they did it for an entire tour, and no one missed it, even though at first people were like, "How can they play a concert post-'89 without SATISFACTION??"

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: June 20, 2018 20:24

Posted by: redkev ()
Date: June 20, 2018 21:04

I wonder if they have already made the decision that this is it for touring and that's why they look like they're enjoying every second of it - making the most of the last time. Charlie's interview before the tour where he said he could quite happily call time right now together with his health really makes me think that its possible he won't want and/or be able to go on.

I think the other members are more likely to want to go for a few more years (Ronnie especially almost seems to be peaking!) but I'm not so sure that they would without Charlie. Aside from his style of drumming, the way he connects with Keith in terms of tempo is so important to the overall sound and feel of the band. Its hard to picture them with a different drummer no matter how technically excellent that person would be.

In many ways if this is the last tour it is quite fitting (perhaps not the last show being in Warsaw - apologies to any Polish friends!) that it's mainly been in the UK and they have played fantastically well and are obviously enjoying themselves so much. I would prefer them to bow out in these circumstances rather than continue on with perhaps sub par tours and one of them falling seriously ill mid tour.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 20, 2018 21:33

tomorrow is next and I shall welcome it with a smile and open and loving arms smiling smiley

Date: June 20, 2018 22:00

powerage78
Best show ever, band on fire. grinning smileysmileys with beer

geordiestone

Looking forward to the 100 and Counting box set, and the reappearance of Mick Taylor at some of the shows. smiling smiley

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: June 20, 2018 23:49

geordiestone

Holograms?

Posted by: redkev ()
Date: June 21, 2018 00:06

exhpart
geordiestone

Holograms?

I was just thinking the same thing - but by 2062 they will probably have perfected AI and robotics to such a level that you will be able to go a "Stones" gig (or for that matter any other band incl the Beatles) and have a unique experience. What I mean is not just a gig recreated from old footage but a "real" version of the band on stage. Might come a bit too late for some of us but there will be people who saw the real Stones especially on their later tours who will get a chance to experience the virtual Stones - including of course Brian Jones.

Its a bit scary but it will definitely happen.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1682
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home