Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: What Happened to Blondie, Kent Smith and Michael Davis?
Posted by: erad ()
Date: June 20, 2018 06:55

Cooltoplady
erad
DandelionPowderman
erad
Wasn't Blondie playing beneath the stage during the Licks and/or ABB tour?
'

On stage

I remember reading on here that he played under/behind the curtain on some tracks to beef up the sound as this was when Keith's playing started to decline noticeably.

Oh no not again. He strummed and acoustic on stage and sometime an electric. He strummed, that's all he did. Im gonna lose it....

The poster above me seems to contradict you...

Blondie must have been in it for the pay day as he is certainly a very accomplished guitarist in his own right.

Date: June 20, 2018 08:41

keefgotsoul
I saw Blondie playing guitar behind the stage at a Stones gig in 2005. It was on one of the first 3 songs. Possibly all 3. Saw him with my own eyes as my seat was located at the side of the stage.

Edit: it was on Shattered and She’s so Cold.

Did you hear him?

Pretty sure he just played along to warm up.

But it's true that the backing singers sing before they are visible on stage.

Date: June 20, 2018 13:55

GJV
They were just not necessary to keep them on board and who realy is missing them?

I don't know but , maybe this is why we don't get any Richards lead vocal songs from "Bridges to Babylon" anymore. ??

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: June 21, 2018 00:14

Brian Wilson
Greatest Hits Live!

with special guests

Al Jardine & Blondie Chaplin

November 20 | 8 PM

Posted by: keefgotsoul ()
Date: June 21, 2018 01:45

DandelionPowderman
keefgotsoul
I saw Blondie playing guitar behind the stage at a Stones gig in 2005. It was on one of the first 3 songs. Possibly all 3. Saw him with my own eyes as my seat was located at the side of the stage.

Edit: it was on Shattered and She’s so Cold.

Did you hear him?

Pretty sure he just played along to warm up.

But it's true that the backing singers sing before they are visible on stage.

Can’t recall for certain if I could distinctly hear him or not. So you may correct that he was playing along just to warm up. Though I can’t imagine why Blondie would need to warm up for that.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: June 21, 2018 02:10

Of course Blondie was a Beach Boy for a couple of albums in the mid-70s

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: June 21, 2018 04:59

erad
Cooltoplady
erad
DandelionPowderman
erad
Wasn't Blondie playing beneath the stage during the Licks and/or ABB tour?
'

On stage

I remember reading on here that he played under/behind the curtain on some tracks to beef up the sound as this was when Keith's playing started to decline noticeably.

Oh no not again. He strummed and acoustic on stage and sometime an electric. He strummed, that's all he did. Im gonna lose it....

The poster above me seems to contradict you...

Blondie must have been in it for the pay day as he is certainly a very accomplished guitarist in his own right.

On the many many many shows that Blondie has played with The Stones have you ever heard him in the mix? All those bootlegs. Never ever.if you have please post an example.And when he played he didn't do licks or phrases he just strummed chords. Where do people come up with the stuff? Show me one example. just one.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: June 21, 2018 05:45

There were rumors in the mid-seventies that their road crew played under the stage because they were too stoned to handle it themselves. The same sources said Mick was wearing a wig. My argument when those rumors first reached me decades ago was that the bootlegs show their were plenty of terribly sloppy shows then (as now) that if they were hiring people to play for them, they should have been fired. As for Mick's wig, it likely stems from Hyde Park 1969 when he did wear a wig to cover his short hair for NED KELLY. Yet here we are decades later and the same rumors persist. It's like urban legends. People want to believe it.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1806
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home