Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

25 Black and White Photos Taken 40 Years Ago Today at JFK Stadium
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: June 17, 2018 15:21

These are photos of fans, not the band, that were taken in Philadelphia on June 17, 1978. Back then, attending your first Stones concert was a rite of passage. Every three years when they toured the U.S. there'd be a whole new crop of 18 to 21 year olds in the crowd, experiencing a case of "Stones Fever" like they never would again. People at Stones concerts don't look like this anymore. Oh, it's still the same people going to see them today .... they just don't look like this anymore.

[www.vintag.es]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-17 16:17 by tatters.

Re: 25 Black and White Photos Taken 40 Years Ago Today at JFK Stadium
Posted by: ab ()
Date: June 17, 2018 22:38

My first Stones show. Lord, what a zoo. We stayed up all night, partying in the parking lot. Almost crushed on the way in. Not in any of the pictures, thank God.

Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: June 18, 2018 17:39

It looks like a good time was had by all. Thanks for posting.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: June 18, 2018 18:48

My second show!
Classic.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: June 18, 2018 19:51

ab
My first Stones show. Lord, what a zoo. We stayed up all night, partying in the parking lot. Almost crushed on the way in. Not in any of the pictures, thank God.

It looks like a freakin zoo, you’re right grinning smiley
Wild.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: June 18, 2018 19:54

Cool pics! I remember those days ..... well, some of them....drinking smiley smoking smiley

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: June 18, 2018 20:10

For those interested in the book
[www.damianieditore.com]

Posted by: mrjones ()
Date: June 19, 2018 00:14

oh yeah went to this! yep got there the night before and partied all night outside in parking lot -thousands of people. wild scene! what a crush up against the gates in the a.m.- everyone wanting in. they opened them very early was getting rowdy with the police & all etc. great time!!

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: June 19, 2018 05:30

I am surprised at the positive comments about the 1978 Philly show. Doing a Google search, I see the same negative comments repeated: how the show was too short (with no encores), the set list was mostly Some Girls numbers with little attention given to the Stones' past hits (no JJF, no SFM), the weather was dreary, the crowd was in an angry mood, the stage was pelted with rubbish after the show, etc.

Come on now. What was it like, truly?

EDITED FOR PUNCTUATION

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-19 05:32 by MILKYWAY.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: June 19, 2018 15:48

MILKYWAY
I am surprised at the positive comments about the 1978 Philly show. Doing a Google search, I see the same negative comments repeated: how the show was too short (with no encores), the set list was mostly Some Girls numbers with little attention given to the Stones' past hits (no JJF, no SFM), the weather was dreary, the crowd was in an angry mood, the stage was pelted with rubbish after the show, etc.

Come on now. What was it like, truly?

It was as you describe it (except that they did play JJF). No one is saying it was a great performance, only that they had a good time in spite of it all. I thought they sounded pretty good, but I really didn't have anything to compare it to. It was my first Stones show and maybe only the 5th or 6th "real" concert I'd ever been to, having only seen Wings, Aerosmith, and a couple of well-known Southern Rock bands prior to that.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: June 19, 2018 15:56

My first Stones show too. I was 25 years old.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1848
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home