Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Slight OT: Things you overheard a millennial say upon his/her 1st visit to a record store
Posted by: riffcliche69 ()
Date: June 17, 2018 02:49

June 10th I was at the annual Haight-Ashbury street fair. The main stage at Haight and Stanyon is right across from Amoeba Records (where I was, waiting for the Jackson Saints to appear)...when I noticed that the backwards-capped, tattooed, skateboard-carting, hoodie-wearing, skin-pierced crowd had somehow managed to stumble in, despite their being constantly glued to their cell-phones. A young man corrects his friend: “No, you got it wrong. The SMALL record has the big hole and the BIG record has the small hole!” Tell us IORRians your story. Bonus points if said “first-timers” mention the Stones. Better yet, if they locate the Stones LP section without using Google-maps.

Re: Slight OT: Things you overheard a millennial say upon his/her 1st visit to a record store
Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: June 17, 2018 03:16

I don't know about a millennial but I did overhear a guy tell his girlfriend in a record store........."Oh, I remember when that came out (Black & Blue).......everybody thought it was a really bad record by a really bad garage band......"

I guess he knew everybody...................confused smiley

Re: Slight OT: Things you overheard a millennial say upon his/her 1st visit to a record store
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 17, 2018 04:12

Well the kid kinda got it right …………………….

ROCKMAN

Posted by: ThePaleRider ()
Date: June 17, 2018 07:22

I asked a young millennial with two nose rings and orange hair behind the service counter if the new Stones record (Vault release)had come in yet. She replied, 'Yeah, my dad says it has.'

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: June 17, 2018 08:49

I heard the millennial grunting and shuffling... pretty much the same thing they are always saying/doing in stores and everywhere else... in line, in traffic, stopped at green lights... ear buds in... clueless as they can be.

I was guffawing at them a store earlier tonight... as I moved through with intent and purpose, I noticed most of the millennials closely resembling a bunch of zombies... making zombie sounds, mostly grunting... grunting as they shuffle around heads turned down, staring at their phone, paying no attention to anyone or anything around them... grunting and shuffling.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: June 17, 2018 09:27

Would You Let Your Daughter Marry A Rolling Stone?

Would You Let Your Daughter Marry A Milennial?

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: June 17, 2018 09:49

CaptainCorella
Would You Let Your Daughter Marry A Rolling Stone?

Would You Let Your Daughter Marry A Milennial?

Well, considering that a millennial is anyone born between late 1982-1999, I think there's a creeping possibility that one wouldn't have a say in that!grinning smiley

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: June 17, 2018 18:53

Rockman
Well the kid kinda got it right …………………….

What extra-musical uses do you have for a 45RPM adapter, Rockman?

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: June 17, 2018 18:59

This is such a pathetic generalisation that I know this didn't actually happen.

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: June 17, 2018 19:39

The funny thing is, "Millenials" are the product of those who now complain about Millenials.

Posted by: undertheradar ()
Date: June 17, 2018 19:43

MonkeyMan2000
The funny thing is, "Millenials" are the product of those who now complain about Millenials.
thumbs up

Undertheradar
Disclaimer: I was drunk when I wrote this ;-)

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: June 17, 2018 23:12

Bastion
This is such a pathetic generalisation that I know this didn't actually happen.
The irrational hatred for millenials is ridiculous. As a Gen-Xer, I have no problem with millenials.

I DO however despise the baby boomer generation. They used the economy as their own personal slush fund, bankrupted my country, and then pulled the ladder up after them and lit a match. The current regime is the culmination of their near-sociopathic selfishness.

It'll be up to us and millenials to unfuck the damage they've done to the world.

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: June 17, 2018 23:22

EddieByword
I don't know about a millennial but I did overhear a guy tell his girlfriend in a record store........."Oh, I remember when that came out (Black & Blue).......everybody thought it was a really bad record by a really bad garage band......"

With the danger of turning this into another discussion, I remember the seller told me when buying it at a used record fair; "It`s good".

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 18, 2018 01:41

What extra-musical uses do you have for a 45RPM adapter, Rockman?

often used as a mouth or butt plug for mother-in-laws ……… hhhhhhhhhaaaaaa go LD....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 18, 2018 11:24

keefriff99
As a Gen-Xer, I have no problem with millenials.

I DO however despise the baby boomer generation. They used the economy as their own personal slush fund, bankrupted my country, and then pulled the ladder up after them and lit a match. The current regime is the culmination of their near-sociopathic selfishness.

It'll be up to us and millenials to unfuck the damage they've done to the world.

Make that "Nixon Reagan and others used the economy as their own personal slush fund, bankrupted my country, and then pulled the ladder up after them and lit a match"

I don't think the average 75yo Joe Blow from Wisconsin profited much from the mountain of debt young Americans have to face now. Otoh filthy politicians funded their uinjust wars (Vietnam Irak Afghanistan) with these mountains of debt.

Posted by: riffcliche69 ()
Date: June 18, 2018 11:28

Hey Keefriff99, I agree with you about boomers. Some of the millennials I work with are really wonderful people. They are concerned about the same things I am and it is a pleasure to be around them.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: June 18, 2018 11:42

noughties
EddieByword

With the danger of turning this into another discussion, I remember the seller told me when buying it at a used record fair; "It`s good".

Ha,,,, so there you are, another issue on which the nation is split..........grinning smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1914
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home