Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 10 of 14
Re: Cardiff UK 15-June-2018 Rolling Stones No Filter live updates
Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: June 16, 2018 14:12

Fantastic gig - the crowd were well up for this one. My ears were ringing at the end but I had a huge smile on my face. Bought the litho and its beautiful. Already in the process of getting it framed and put up on the wall with the rest of my Stones gigs. Big thanks to the band for giving us a great show. Highlight for me was the band themselves - so much energy and the band seemed to be having a lot of fun. Oh and for the first time ever I saw the Stones and ended up back at my house in Bristol on the same night - lovely!

Posted by: Scooby ()
Date: June 16, 2018 14:56

I thought the reaction every band member received during the introductions was warm and highlighted the affection which we all hold for them. Keith for one received probably the largest cheer, the best reception that I’ve seen him get across many shows. Man did he milk it and good on him!

Posted by: thomas guitar ()
Date: June 16, 2018 14:59

Green Lady
thomas guitar
Piere gave Keith the wrong guitar before YCAGWYW.... Was a bit chaos during the first riffs...

Yes. The screen showed a rather puzzled Matt Clifford who raised his French horn to his lips but then couldn't find a chance to play it before Mick began singing, as Keith's guitar was drowning him out.

Keef git the guitar, who was normally prepared for HTW without a capo

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: June 16, 2018 15:05

It sounded like wild horses, not htw

Posted by: terry ()
Date: June 16, 2018 15:28

So glad I decided to go to Cardiff, I was in gold circle dead centre.
Lots of room to move around, or in my case fall around.

I didn't really look much at the screens as the stones were so close.
I also loved like a rolling stone, that sounded so good.

Cardiff is such a great town and such a buzz, also met some wondeful folk.
I think O,Neil's was my favourite pub for drinks,
I found it funny that even McDonalds has security on the door... lol
Now shall I go to twicks as the clock is ticking.

Ahh yes I managed to catch the stones going into the stadium at 3.55pm,
Sucurity cleared the road and the police outrider came first then more police then about 5 cars.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 16, 2018 15:47

Cardiff was such a great show. The picture below is showing Ronnie supporting Keith while he is working his way through the first verse of "You Can't Always Get What You Want", with the wrong start. Matt Clifford did not get to do his french horn, there was no opening for him. Mick did his job in the front. The backline guitar techs under control of Pierre worked overtime to sort out the issue. Mick had to get rid of his guitar on his own because the guys in the backline were busy sorting out the guitars for Ronnie and Keith I suppose. But the song worked out great, just great, and Cardiff is one of my best memories so far on this tour.

The show reminded me of my four days at home earlier this week, a highly welcome break on a two months travel journey. I got to see my grandchildren, all five of them, and on Monday my grandaughter played a football game, a great game, and next day Tuesday my grandson played a football game. They all did their best, it was great games, and I had the same emotions last night in Cardiff, when my band and the band members who I love so much almost like my own family supported each others in the goal of making everyone happy and safe.

May be it takes a few glitches and bumps on the road to make the perfect show. Cardiff was great. That is for sure. It's Only rock'n'roll!

Reports, with photos from the great moments:

[iorr.org]

Bjornulf

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 16, 2018 15:54

As soon as I saw that Mick was wearing a black top under the white and red Stones T-shirt, I knew he was going to repeat what he did in Edinburgh. And sure enough he eventually did, ripping off the top shirt and throwing it into the pit B crowd.

This show he described Sasha during the introductions as “our very own Kim Karfashion”. Or at least I think it was Karfashion that he said. Anyone?

Date: June 16, 2018 16:03

And this is just after Satisfaction finished. Keith gave us everything we could ask for in Cardiff last night...

PS. As I zoom in, there is a smile on his face. Exhausted? Sure. Happy? Sure!

Bjornulf

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 16, 2018 16:17

OMG what a concert.

We was in the golden circle and we'll worth the money.

Just got back home and can't find the words to describe the emotions from last night.

Being so close, was brilliant and jagger is like a god on stage.

Lot better organised than murray field, but the beer and wine was very warm thou.

Loved it when jagger told charlie to hurry up, there's a curfew.

Even enjoyed the mess ups, but thought gomc, started off wrong with the drums.

Well this is the end of my mini 3 weekends tour, with all of them will leave great memories.

Coventry = everything perfect, to the meet up with 18 family and friends, weather and the specials.

Edinburgh = the mad nice crowd and the city.

Cardiff = golden circle tickets, being so close and another crowd really into them, I had one guy come over and hugged me,basically due to us dancing mad.

The stones virgins loved it.

Gold rings to you all.

Posted by: undertheradar ()
Date: June 16, 2018 16:17

bv
And this is just after Satisfaction finished. Keith gave us everything we could ask for in Cardiff last night...

Awesome.. Thank you!

Undertheradar
Disclaimer: I was drunk when I wrote this ;-)

Posted by: carouslambra ()
Date: June 16, 2018 16:18

Wow another amazing show, probably in the top 2 if not the best so far on this tour. So many fantastic moments and superb playing. The band all seemed to be having a ball. It was made even better for me knowing that I was sharing the experience with my wife (her first Stones concert) and my 16 yr old daughter (her 2nd, Coventry was her first) we had great seats in the front row of the middle section. Can't wait for Twickenham which sadly will be my 6th and last concert on this tour.

By the way did anyone else spot Mick saying "Fu*k it" during LARS when he was at the front of the catwalk in the middle of his harmonica solo. I just happened to look up at the screens as he pulled the harp out of his mouth and clearly lip read what he said. Must have hit a bum note or something.

Also like someone else I thought Keith started playing Wild horses either at the start of YCAGWYW or HTW.

As I said earlier some amazing memories and one of the best Stones concerts I have witnessed since i began the journey in 1982.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: June 16, 2018 17:08

It was indeed a very good show. Just a bit more on the YCAGWYW mayhem from my vantage point in Pit A (woop!). Obviously Keith had a guitar in the wrong key when he started... Matt Clifford could not do the horn part and stood wondering what to do. Mick started singing the first verse but was obviously struggling to match the key Keith is playing in. At this point, the only band members playing are Mick, Keith, Charlie and Darryl - this happens all of the way through the first verse (I'm pretty sure). Meanwhile, Ronnie, Matt and Chuck are having a board meeting at the piano trying to decide what to do - none of them playing anything, I have never seen anything like it on stage! Eventually, at/towards the end of the first verse(?), Ronnie goes over to Keith and let's him know there is a problem. Ronnie, now with a guitar, takes over Keith's guitar part at the start of the next verse, which allows Keith to go and change guitar.

That's my memory of it anyway, hope some of it is apparent on the videos. It was all very intriguing indeed in real time!

syrel

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: June 16, 2018 17:28

The muff ups seem to be part of the fun this year now the band are getting on

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 16, 2018 17:29

syrel
It was indeed a very good show. Just a bit more on the YCAGWYW mayhem from my vantage point in Pit A (woop!). Obviously Keith had a guitar in the wrong key when he started... Matt Clifford could not do the horn part and stood wondering what to do. Mick started singing the first verse but was obviously struggling to match the key Keith is playing in. At this point, the only band members playing are Mick, Keith, Charlie and Darryl - this happens all of the way through the first verse (I'm pretty sure). Meanwhile, Ronnie, Matt and Chuck are having a board meeting at the piano trying to decide what to do - none of them playing anything, I have never seen anything like it on stage! Eventually, at/towards the end of the first verse(?), Ronnie goes over to Keith and let's him know there is a problem. Ronnie, now with a guitar, takes over Keith's guitar part at the start of the next verse, which allows Keith to go and change guitar.

That's my memory of it anyway, hope some of it is apparent on the videos. It was all very intriguing indeed in real time!

syrel

That sounds about right grinning smiley I thought Matt looked more pissed off than any of the others with no sound coming from his horn at all. The ‘board meeting’ between Ronnie, Matt and. Chuck was amusing. Uncomfortable though this may all of have been for them, it’s moments like these that remind us all that this is a live performance, things can go wrong and improvising is needed. I think they all did very well to think on their feet and get it back on track without having to restart, which they had no choice about later in the show with JJF.

This is live and real, something most of today’s annodine manufactured ‘stars’ will never have to face as most of what they ‘perform’ live is playbacks anyway.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-16 17:33 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 16, 2018 17:32

odean73
OMG what a concert.

Just got back home and can't find the words to describe the emotions from last night.

Lot better organised than murray field, but the beer and wine was very warm thou.

Well this is the end of my mini 3 weekends tour, with all of them will leave great memories.

Coventry = everything perfect, to the meet up with 18 family and friends, weather and the specials.

Cardiff = golden circle tickets, being so close and another crowd really into them, I had one guy come over and hugged me,basically due to us dancing mad.

Gold rings to you all.

Glad you got your tickets after all the drama.

Date: June 16, 2018 17:39

A big thanks to the staff at the holiday inn off junction 32.

The receptionist have us a great tip to order a taxi from the holiday inn, outside the stadium and we had a taxi under the minutes and ended up with a great taxi driver who got us back to the hotel just over ten minutes, I even have them a £5 tip.

A woman approached me this morning at breakfast and asked if I enjoyed the concert, I found out it was her first concert and couldn't get over how good it was.

She said her husband brought the tickets for her birthday and said at the time, are you having a laugh, the rolling stones for God sake!!

But she loved it.

Date: June 16, 2018 17:42

Green Lady
odean73
OMG what a concert.

Gold rings to you all.

Glad you got your tickets after all the drama.

Thanks.

To be fair Axs did email me back and said it there was a problem, that they would sort it out.

My only regret I should have made an effort to meet some great people off here.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: June 16, 2018 17:56

Beast

This show he described Sasha during the introductions as “our very own Kim Karfashion”. Or at least I think it was Karfashion that he said. Anyone?

Sounds about right. I thought he was trying to say "Kim Cardiffian" but it didn't really sound like that.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: June 16, 2018 18:23

Beast
As soon as I saw that Mick was wearing a black top under the white and red Stones T-shirt, I knew he was going to repeat what he did in Edinburgh. And sure enough he eventually did, ripping off the top shirt and throwing it into the pit B crowd.

*I noticed that too in a pic, and wondered if he gave away/ thought the same.
Also, his ‘Stones’ jersey shirt has a special tounge added (like a patch) on the front bottom left.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-16 18:23 by 35love.

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: June 16, 2018 18:30

Brilliant show once again! It was loud and clear in the Gold Circle with my tour partner StrayCatUK! Security was tight and we had the grim experience of some drunk out of their minds couple who threw a cup of urine in the air and it went on our heads, we got them removed from the stadium as there was a small group of us really annoyed.
SFM is the ideal opener and it was fast and loud. A few hiccups on YCAGWYW and JJF but all added to the fun. Keith was on fire, especially the Sympathy solos. Miss You has been reenergised this tour and the crowd was going bananas!
I’d say the stadium was 99% full and the floor was rammed!
I’ve only got Twickenham left now but what a UK tour it’s been!
Let’s roll into Ruby Tuesday!

Posted by: Anastasia60 ()
Date: June 16, 2018 18:38

And this is all part of seeing them LIVE!!!
Super concert and crowd!
Did anyone else notice that Charlie’s shirts were the exact red and green of the Welsh flag??
Next stop: Twickenham!!

Date: June 16, 2018 18:41

flairville
Brilliant show once again! It was loud and clear in the Gold Circle with my tour partner StrayCatUK! Security was tight and we had the grim experience of some drunk out of their minds couple who threw a cup of urine in the air and it went on our heads, we got them removed from the stadium as there was a small group of us really annoyed.
SFM is the ideal opener and it was fast and loud. A few hiccups on YCAGWYW and JJF but all added to the fun. Keith was on fire, especially the Sympathy solos. Miss You has been reenergised this tour and the crowd was going bananas!

There was a couple of people behind us, who had something go on them, was you towards the back of the GC to the left, facing the stage?

Date: June 16, 2018 18:43

We were Keith’s side! I had a bandana on!

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: June 16, 2018 18:54

It's just a piss away ............

Date: June 16, 2018 19:01

straycatuk
It's just a piss away ............

Class!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 16, 2018 19:22

bv
Cardiff was such a great show. The picture below is showing Ronnie supporting Keith while he is working his way through the first verse of "You Can't Always Get What You Want", with the wrong start. Matt Clifford did not get to do his french horn, there was no opening for him. Mick did his job in the front. The backline guitar techs under control of Pierre worked overtime to sort out the issue. Mick had to get rid of his guitar on his own because the guys in the backline were busy sorting out the guitars for Ronnie and Keith I suppose. But the song worked out great, just great, and Cardiff is one of my best memories so far on this tour.

The show reminded me of my four days at home earlier this week, a highly welcome break on a two months travel journey. I got to see my grandchildren, all five of them, and on Monday my grandaughter played a football game, a great game, and next day Tuesday my grandson played a football game. They all did their best, it was great games, and I had the same emotions last night in Cardiff, when my band and the band members who I love so much almost like my own family supported each others in the goal of making everyone happy and safe.

May be it takes a few glitches and bumps on the road to make the perfect show. Cardiff was great. That is for sure. It's Only rock'n'roll!

Reports, with photos from the great moments:

[iorr.org]

This is quite a unique and poignant picture...Ronnie looking after and caring for the boss.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 16, 2018 19:46

flairville

Is that a setlist hint? Might be a good shout. This could well end up being their final London show (as we’ve been saying since 1982) so hopefully something special.

I witnessed the cup of, ummm ‘liquid’ being thrown. I was 2nd row GA, far over to Keith’s side. Glad you got them thrown out. Yet another case of Instant Arsehole- just add alcohol.

There was a bit of bother behind me too, with security getting involved and removing some more idiots. I thought security were good last night and much better than Edinburgh, where they were the poorest of the tour to date. During Gimme Shelter, a moronic couple, off their t*ts on goodness knows what, pushed their way to the GA rail and having got there, they igonred the show and just looked at each other, laughing hysterically. It went on a while before security insisted that they leave.

Also good was how there were barriers and a queueing system in place to direct people to the rail destination of their choice instead of one big messy queue. A very well organised venue, although the queue for park and ride was long and slow!

Another great Stones Awayday, even though I did it solo and it takes its place in my Stones History. Much better show than their previous one there in 2006.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-16 20:05 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: June 16, 2018 20:25

SomeTorontoGirl
Just completely bloody brilliant.

Wow, are you hitting every show? Lucky, for you, I couldn't afford to fly over to see one. I would love to spend a couple months wandering around Europe.

Date: June 16, 2018 20:27

Matt Cliford did not look pissed of at all. He just looked for an opening to play his French horn, which never arrived. It looked more like he was thinking hard as the song went in a direction he did not find a way to join in on. I followed him all the time, no big deal. Matt is professional and after the meetings with Chuck and sure the backline support hard work they were all back in business for the second verse. No big deal, but many great moments to be observed between the band members of course. Ronnie is such a great band mate!

Bjornulf

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 16, 2018 21:13

undertheradar
bv

Awesome.. Thank you!

L O V E

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 10 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2051
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home