Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 14
Re: Cardiff UK 15-June-2018 Rolling Stones No Filter live updates
Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: June 16, 2018 00:26

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 16, 2018 00:28

Rolling Stones - Cardiff UK 15-June-2018
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 16, 2018 00:46

Posted by: campxray ()
Date: June 16, 2018 00:46

Unless this changes again, starting around 5:55 it sounds like Keith is trying to start Satisfaction. Mick finally says 'wait a minute' about 4 or 5 times and then says 'Just forget about that bit.' Then, JJF starts. [www.facebook.com]

Date: June 16, 2018 00:47

campxray
Cristiano Radtke
waterrats
campxray
campxray
waterrats
campxray
Was there a restart on Satisfaction?

From where do you know? It's silence everywhere ... sad smiley
[www.facebook.com]

The stream keeps going on and off. I wonder if Keith started Satisfaction at the wrong time. I don't know.

strange - if that is live ... they start Gimme Shelter now

From what I've heard from somebody who is there, Keith had to restart JJF.

Unless it was JJF. I thought I heard the beginning of Satisfaction, but maybe not. Heard Mick finally say something like 'hold it' 'hold it' and they started something over again. This video may be be playable when she stops streaming.

Keith started playing the Satisfaction riff instead of JJF. It can be heard on Debbie Tiger's live video from 7:16 onwards: [www.facebook.com]

Date: June 16, 2018 00:49

Richard Swingler

Richard Swingler

Date: June 16, 2018 00:50

campxray
Unless this changes again, starting around 5:55 it sounds like Keith is trying to start Satisfaction. Mick finally says 'wait a minute' about 4 or 5 times and then says 'Just forget about that bit.' Then, JJF starts. [www.facebook.com]

Ha! That's great!

Seems they are still alive an kickin', hehehe ...

Date: June 16, 2018 00:52

Rolling Stones in Cardiff review: No Filter tour packs a punch as rock and roll statesmen show they've still got it

The Principality Stadium may have been the fifth leg of a six-date UK tour but there were no signs of fatigue

[www.walesonline.co.uk]

Date: June 16, 2018 00:52

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 16, 2018 00:55

Official Setlist - "diolch yn fawr iawn Cardiff! And thanks to our specials guests Elbow" :

[Twitter.com] · [www.Facebook.com] · [www.Instagram.com] · Large picture

Rolling Stones- Cardiff UK 15-June-2018
Date: June 16, 2018 00:59

Rolling Stones in Cardiff review: No Filter tour packs a punch as rock and roll statesmen show they've still got it

The Principality Stadium may have been the fifth leg of a six-date UK tour but there were no signs of fatigue

Richard Swingler

By Ciaran Jones
15 JUN 2018

Perhaps you can always get what you want after all.

The Rolling Stones might have spent the past 50-odd years telling you the opposite – and they did here in Cardiff , in a rousing and lengthy shout-along rendition of one of their most famous numbers – but their live show is the exception that proves the rule.

From a thumping Street Fighting Man moments after the band entered the vast stage it’s big, bold and quite simply brilliant – 56 years after they formed they’re still rattling through their storied back catalogue with all the verve and panache of giddy young men living out their dream.

This epic, scream-if-you-want-to-go-faster show marked only the eighth time they’ve played in Cardiff – a figure skewed by five appearances in just three years in the mid-1960s, followed by a hiatus until 1990 – and almost a full 12 years after their last appearance at the same venue during the Bigger Bang tour in 2006.

Referencing their famous cancelled Cardiff Castle gig – complete with a poster for the ill-fated show displayed on the big screen – Mick Jagger tells the crowd: “We’ve been coming to Cardiff since the early 60s, since 1963. We’ve done loads of gigs here – but our most famous one was one that never happened.”

Things, though, are slightly more sedate off stage now.

“Well, Cardiffians, I want to congratulate you – you’re back in the Premier League,” says Jagger at one point in his trademark Cockney drawl.

“We’ve been having a lovely time in Cardiff doing all the cultural things we always do. We hired some bikes and cycled to the museum and saw Renoir’s blue lady.

“Then we went to Caroline Street and had a chicken curry. Washed it down with a pint of Brains. But there we are – still standing,” he ends, to much laughter.

Then he introduces his bandmates to the crowd, including “Doctor Who’s new companion” Ronnie Wood, “the JPR Williams of the drums Charlie Watts” and then – to deafening chants – Keith Richards.

The Cardiff leg of the No Filter tour was the fifth gig of a six-date UK tour but despite their advancing years the Stones are showing no signs of fatigue.

Honky Tonk Women and Paint It Black showcase Jagger’s still-phenomenal voice while Start Me Up and encore closer Satisfaction turn the dial right to the max.

“I hear you’re good at singing around here,” quips Jagger as he takes a guitar for a stripped-back version of You Can’t Always Get What You Want in front of a crowd filled with people aloft on shoulders.

The schedules may be a little less bruising nowadays – indeed their five mid-60s Cardiff performances saw them complete two sets per visit – and the hotels probably a little more luxurious but there is no compromise on entertainment from a quartet justifiably known as ‘the’ live band.

Between them the indefatigable icons, for decades now an indisputable force in the world of rock and roll, have racked up an astonishing 296 years on this earth.

And on this 120-minute, 19-song showing – in a stadium used to gladiatorial sporting contests of a lesser duration – there’s absolutely no sign of them slowing down.

Indeed, it is worth a brief diversion on this sporting theme to shine a light on just how remarkable their continued touring (and a relentless, racked-up show at that) is as they advance well into their 70s.

Wales football manager Ryan Giggs – who knows a thing or two about being a graceful elder statesman, having preserved his playing career until he was 40 – will lead his charges against Spain (who may by then be world champions) in a friendly in October in this same stadium.

As a point of reference the last starting 11 Giggs fielded, in a glamour friendly against Mexico under the Californian sun last month , had a combined age of 297 – just a single year more than the slinky-hipped 70-something superstars who are still setting the standard for live music.

Jagger may not fancy 90 minutes as a roving centre forward these days – though his jet-heeled moves may make him a nightmare for opposing defenders – but he and his bandmates are more than a match for this arena.

It has the feel, at points, of a final tour without being a farewell. Jagger and his guitar-playing compatriots each spend plenty of time soaking up the acclaim out on the sprawling runway while Watts enjoys his moment in the spotlight as he's introduced, with Jagger jokingly reminding him: "There's a curfew!"

Wood and Richards go toe-to-toe with their signature guitar weaving while Watts, the eldest of the group at 77, knits the whole thing together neatly from behind his drumkit.

In front of them (and around them in Jagger’s case, a whirling dervish up and down the runway stretching half a pitch or so up this majestic arena) tens of thousands of people disprove that long-held truth – when it’s this good you really can get what you want.

[www.walesonline.co.uk]

Posted by: samMuc ()
Date: June 16, 2018 01:00

campxray

I think it was JJF Flash he started just in the wrong pitch and a bit strange played. It sounded pretty much like the start of JJF Circus Krone 2003.
Circus Krone JJF

Posted by: campxray ()
Date: June 16, 2018 01:06

samMuc
campxray

I think it was JJF Flash he started just in the wrong pitch and a bit strange played. It sounded pretty much like the start of JJF Circus Krone 2003.
Circus Krone JJF

Wow, I think you're right. What a memory. I thought Keith was trying to end the concert in Cardiff early. lol.

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: June 16, 2018 01:07

Wow - my sixth show of this tour and one of my favorites. I loved it - such great energy and interaction within the band. F*cking awesome!!

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 16, 2018 01:08

The restart was JJF. Magnificent start with SFM, then later on Keith, having kicked off SMU perfectly in its later slot, started JJF in - something. Wrong tuning? Capo in wrong place? Anyway, he stopped, went back and did something to the guitar, and restarted just fine. Mick said "forget about that last bit", so we did.

Great show and very loud. More when I get home.

Posted by: rangerdave ()
Date: June 16, 2018 01:13

Definitely capo in the wrong place. Maybe a fret too high. So not Keith's error. Hope the guitar tech doesn't get fired!

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: June 16, 2018 01:14

Cristiano Radtke
1 - Street Fighting Man
2 - IORR
3 - Tumbling Dice
4 - Paint it Black

Referencing their famous cancelled Cardiff Castle gig, Jagger tells the crowd: “We’ve been coming to Cardiff since early 60s, since 1963.
“We’ve done loads of gigs here - but our most famous one was one that never happened.”
He points to a poster for he ill-fated gig - pulled over fears of violence - on the big screen.
“But when we did those early gigs we used to play lots of blues songs so we’re going to play a blues song for you now,” says Jagger ahead of Just Your Fool.

5 - Just Your Fool

“We’ve learnt loads of Shirley Bassey and Tom Jones tunes and we’re going to do one later,” quips Jagger as he introduces Get Off My Cloud, which makes it onto the set list after winning an online poll of fans.

6 - Get Off of My Cloud (song vote)
7 - Like a Rolling Stone

“I hear you’re good at singing around here,” quips Jagger as he takes a guitar for a stripped-back version of You Can’t Always Get What You Want.

The crowd is filled with people aloft on shoulders - they’re very much getting what they want right now.

8 - You Can't Always Get What You Want
9 - Honky Tonk Women

There’s a break in the music now as Mick Jagger addresses the crowd.
“Well Cardiffians, I want to congratulate you - you’re back in the Premier League.
“We’ve been having a lovely time in Cardiff doing all the cultural things we always do.
“We hired some bikes and cycled to the museum and saw Renoir’s blue lady.
“Then we went to Caroline Street and had a chicken curry. Washed it down with a pint of Brains. But there we are - still standing,” he ends, to much laughter.
Then he introduces his bandmates to the crowd, including “Doctor Who’s new companion” Ronnie Wood, “the JPR Williams of the drums Charlie Watts” and then - to deafening chants - Keith Richards.

10 - You Got the Silver
11 - Before They Make me Run
12 - Sympathy for the Devil

[www.walesonline.co.uk]

Thanks Cristiano.
No Tom Jones tune? drinking smiley

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: June 16, 2018 01:18

Actually, can I add one more observation - after the minor F*ck up at
The start of JJF, the band delivered a blistering performance - certainly
The best JJF I have seen in this tour or indeed the last two. It is one of the reasons why I love the Stones - if they screw up they try 110% to fix it up. I remember at MSG in 2005 Keith screwed up the start of IORR and it was obvious he was embarrassed so he came back and delivered 1000% in the solo - I mentioned it to my
Wife and she thought it was awesome.

Posted by: samMuc ()
Date: June 16, 2018 01:24

campxray
samMuc
campxray

Circus Krone JJF

Wow, I think you're right. What a memory. I thought Keith was trying to end the concert in Cardiff early. lol.

Pure coincidence. I watched the Circus Krone show some days ago and wondered about the strange way he started jjf. Never heard it before until today. I'm not sure sounds like he plays major what should be minor.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: June 16, 2018 02:01

So Circus Krone in 2003 -- weren't there two of them? -- Circus Krone in Stockholm and Circus Krone in Munchen?

plexi

Date: June 16, 2018 02:11

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: June 16, 2018 02:15

Stunning. I was a tiny bit worried about Mick at the beginning as he seemed to be blowing his nose and coughing into a towel a lot as well as sweating more than I have seen him. But then he was like rocket fuel. Stonking versions of SFTD, SMU, JJF (after the false start), HTW and the best, most dramatic Rambler I have seen.

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: June 16, 2018 02:21

Keith’s solo on SFTD was very good and the most fluid i’ve heard so far this you’re

Posted by: undertheradar ()
Date: June 16, 2018 02:42

Well thats a new one..6 songs in and the Radar family are asked to sit or move to another section..yep people actually complained that we were dancingconfused smiley
Naturally we moved(under protest)..no way we were going to stop!
Weren't trying to be obstructive..just knew the songs and danced to them.
Dont understand how folks can begrudge other (fans)folks a good time..

That said, was an amazing show..Mrs Radar gutted they didn't play You Better Move On or Faraway Eyes.(lol) loved the 'Human' restart to JJF ..be the first to admit bewilderment at the first attempt..but thats live for youthumbs up

..and guess what..all the complainerx were up and dancing by Brown Sugar..Go figure!

Undertheradar
Disclaimer: I was drunk when I wrote this ;-)

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: June 16, 2018 02:43

Cristiano Radtke
1 - Street Fighting Man
2 - IORR
3 - Tumbling Dice
4 - Paint it Black

Referencing their famous cancelled Cardiff Castle gig, Jagger tells the crowd: “We’ve been coming to Cardiff since early 60s, since 1963.
“We’ve done loads of gigs here - but our most famous one was one that never happened.”
He points to a poster for he ill-fated gig - pulled over fears of violence - on the big screen.
“But when we did those early gigs we used to play lots of blues songs so we’re going to play a blues song for you now,” says Jagger ahead of Just Your Fool.

5 - Just Your Fool

“We’ve learnt loads of Shirley Bassey and Tom Jones tunes and we’re going to do one later,” quips Jagger as he introduces Get Off My Cloud, which makes it onto the set list after winning an online poll of fans.

6 - Get Off of My Cloud (song vote)
7 - Like a Rolling Stone

“I hear you’re good at singing around here,” quips Jagger as he takes a guitar for a stripped-back version of You Can’t Always Get What You Want.

The crowd is filled with people aloft on shoulders - they’re very much getting what they want right now.

8 - You Can't Always Get What You Want
9 - Honky Tonk Women

There’s a break in the music now as Mick Jagger addresses the crowd.
“Well Cardiffians, I want to congratulate you - you’re back in the Premier League.
“We’ve been having a lovely time in Cardiff doing all the cultural things we always do.
“We hired some bikes and cycled to the museum and saw Renoir’s blue lady.
Then we went to Caroline Street and had a chicken curry. Washed it down with a pint of Brains. But there we are - still standing,” he ends, to much laughter.
Then he introduces his bandmates to the crowd, including “Doctor Who’s new companion” Ronnie Wood, “the JPR Williams of the drums Charlie Watts” and then - to deafening chants - Keith Richards.

10 - You Got the Silver
11 - Before They Make me Run
12 - Sympathy for the Devil

[www.walesonline.co.uk]

Then we went to Caroline Street and had a chicken curry - half and half............................ (which means Chicken curry with half a portion of chips and half a portion of rice - not sure if that's a Uk wide expression or just Wales

Also, when asking is anybody here from Cardiff, Bridgend, Caerphilly etc etc he asked "is anyone here from Splott?...............(a suburb of Cardiff which Shirley Bassey is...........

What a night......................eye popping smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-16 03:00 by EddieByword.

Date: June 16, 2018 03:02

Two nice shots of the stadium showing the audience tonight:

[www.instagram.com]

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: GlimmerGirl24 ()
Date: June 16, 2018 03:12

I tried - but they are blocking - my mifi had 5 bars. I did manage to stream about 17 minutes via Facebook. I'll try again at London Twick, Berlin and Marseilles.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: June 16, 2018 03:14

Thanks to all for the pictures and who tried to stream.smiling smiley

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 16, 2018 03:15

Long live the Rolling Stones. Magnificent, warts ‘n’ all.

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: June 16, 2018 03:25

JJF started wrong because capo was at the wrong place. Keith went back to Pierre and he fixed it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-16 03:26 by Roadster32.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1475
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home