Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: Goodbye tentative Keef , welcome back keef the rhythm machine
Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: June 13, 2018 22:09

Hairball
DandelionPowderman
Hairball
Yes, but you disagreed with what I posted maybe just for the sake of an argument?
The facts are, yes he's playing more stuff that means something for the songs, and he's also playing less mistakes than the first leg - that's really the bottom line.
Add those two together (regardless of which might be more important), and it equates to better playing.

No need for an argument.

I simply believe that small mistakes never can overshadow a great piece of art. It's the soul of the work / the message / the question / the provocation / the overall thing that counts.

IMO, Keith has the important parts down in his performance now. A few wrong chords won't alter that, as long as he is involved and engaged.

The essential vs. the cosmetics, if you like.

Right, but you said "I don't think it has anything to do with mistakes" which doesn't make much sense to me. Clearly less mistakes make for a better experience no matter who it is and what they're doing, and the fact that he's playing less mistakes on this leg vs. last is part of the reason that he's playing better. Everything you say above might also be true, but the simple fact is less mistakes also equates to better playing which was what my original post stated, and what the original post from Anitapal82 was alluding to. Imagine a tune that's filled with 100% mistakes vs. a tune that only has 50% mistakes...clearly there's a difference. Maybe if you had said "mistakes are only a small part of the issue" vs. mistakes have nothing to do with it (which is the way it reads), there wouldn't be an issue here.

powerage78
[www.instagram.com]

Hard to even tell what song this is due to inferior audio, but that solo seems interchangeable with a number of tunes - I'll take a wild guess and say It's Only Rock'N'Roll? Or maybe Gimme Shelter?
Whatever tune it is, Sasha seems to be having a good time and enjoying it, or at least acting like she is.

It was Satisfaction but not as you would know it winking smiley
Sounds bloody awful, like one big long mistake, but i suppose it could be down to the pathetic recording from a mobile.
He didn't sound that bad in Manchester and i hope he doesn't sound that bad Friday.
Talking of Sasha acting like she is having a good time, i couldn't help but notice when she and Bernard came forward for the Woo Woo end to Sympathy, Sasha was constantly Woo Wooing to Mick, looking right at him for him to look back and he wouldn't. But she acted like she was enjoying it, Mick pays her wages after all. winking smiley
Its funny how Keith replaces one addiction with another, he seems to be permanently addicted to smiling, so un Rock And Roll.
God i miss the old Keith, he didn't even light up the other night confused smiley winking smiley

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: June 13, 2018 22:11

I thought Keith's soloing and overal guitar-work was pretty good on Gimmie Shelter at the Coventry show; going by the YouTube clip, anyway. Perhaps I am, however, distracted by Sasha Allen. It's particularly good footage of her. God, she's luscheous.

Posted by: mattyman76 ()
Date: June 13, 2018 22:14

The coke blocked out the vodka and weed when he stopped the coke he was a sloppy drunk and Patti had the cancer in 2007 that's why his decline was so noticeable. At the London O2 shows in 2012 I was shocked how well played but he declined again. I thought Hyde Park was pretty bad. He has made a good come back but something has changed

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: June 13, 2018 22:14

Big Al
I thought Keith's soloing and overal guitar-work was pretty good on Gimmie Shelter at the Coventry show; going by the YouTube clip, anyway. Perhaps I am, however, distracted by Sasha Allen. It's particularly good footage of her. God, she's luscheous.

Seriously, those knees winking smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 13, 2018 22:18

oooooowwww Big Al …….. ya better do an Ace Ventura …...…. Down boy …...WHACK!!!!!!

ROCKMAN

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 14, 2018 00:09

Big Al
24FPS
I watched Bremen '98 on YouTube the other night. The arthritis hadn't gnarled his fingers. He was fluid and playing leads from time to time. That Keith is gone, never to return. What is left is capable of moments. I prefer to remember him from No Security, before the slow decline that became alarming when he reappeared in 2012. I'm fascinated by audiences that are in awe hearing the opening chords of a song they've had to have heard a hundred times. But, hey, enjoy what's left if it still turns you on.

Although still performing largely outstandingly during the Bridges to Babylon tour, the very gradual decline began earlier; compare his 1994-95 playing to 1989-90.

Maybe I'm just being sentimental about the No Security Tour. It was indeed a great tour, and my first chance to see them in an arena. (I bought a scalped ticket for $225, which was a LOT of money then, but I just had to see them close up, once. I even made eye contact with Jagger and we pointed fingers at each other). It was glorious to see what I felt was Keith's full recovery in playing from his earlier years. You Got the Silver was sublime. Charlie was the one who really began to decline from his peak after No Security. The dynamite in his rim shots receded. Plus Wood began to take over more and more of the leads. Now he's the only fluid guitar player left on stage. It's ridiculous to say Keith is getting better or any such hogwash. That he's not as bad as the mummy from the 2012 New Jersey Pay per View is the best compliment to give.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 14, 2018 01:20

Listen to this for an hour's stretch and you're ready to give up any information concerning national security...
[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 14, 2018 01:52

Stoneage
Hairball
Hard to even tell what song this is due to inferior audio, but that solo seems interchangeable with a number of tunes - I'll take a wild guess and say It's Only Rock'N'Roll? Or maybe Gimme Shelter?

Surely it's Satisfaction. Horrible anyway...

Thanks for clearing that up as I truly was baffled earlier, but now I can hear it....confused smiley ...

Stoneage
Listen to this for an hour's stretch and you're ready to give up any information concerning national security...
[www.instagram.com]

As for repeated listens, if you can block out all the mistakes which is about 90% of the clip, it actually gets better the more you listen to it!winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-14 01:54 by Hairball.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: June 14, 2018 01:55

"That he's not as bad as the mummy from the 2012 New Jersey Pay per View is the best compliment to give".

You are clearly exaggerating on that, 24FPS...

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 14, 2018 02:22

Hairball

Hairball

Surely it's Satisfaction. Horrible anyway...

Thanks for clearing that up as I truly was baffled earlier, but now I can hear it....confused smiley ...

[www.instagram.com]

As for repeated listens, if you can block out all the mistakes which is about 90% of the clip, it actually gets better the more you listen to it!winking smiley

I still can't tell what tune it is. It's almost like an isolated guitar track. Sounds like a slow to medium blues. Satisfaction? How can it be? You can't even hear the rest of the band. Surely this is not what one hears coming from the stage.

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: June 14, 2018 03:00

laertisflash
"That he's not as bad as the mummy from the 2012 New Jersey Pay per View is the best compliment to give".

You are clearly exaggerating on that, 24FPS...

I actually thought he was fine on that pay per view show. Now when I saw him at Churchill Downs in 2006. Jesus that was sad. He looked like a homeless man who'd wandered in off the street and they just handed him a guitar that he had no clue what to do with.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: June 14, 2018 04:57

It definitely sounds like his Satisfaction solo to me.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 14, 2018 06:39

Show us what ya got when ya 74 ………………

ROCKMAN

Posted by: mattyman76 ()
Date: June 14, 2018 08:29

Dublin must have been the first gig with out alcohol he has ever done? If it's really true he has stopped the vodka

Date: June 14, 2018 08:41

keefriff99

Of course it is.

Date: June 14, 2018 09:01

Big Al

Trivia: Every original song they played in Edinburgh is older than Sasha Allen! smiling smiley

Posted by: wupperstein ()
Date: June 14, 2018 09:46

Der Tiefpunkt von Keiths Gitarrenspiel war für mich von 2002-2003 (Licks Tour) und 2006-2007 (ABB-Tour).Auch 2012 und 2017 war er nicht besonders gut.
Besser wurde es erst jetzt bei der aktuellen 2018.
Aber die meisten Verspieler hatten die gesamten Stones bei den Konzerten 1981/82,
wo Keith und Ronnie oftmals betrunken auf der Bühne standen.
Nahezu perfekt waren die 1989/90 Touren, die schon ein wenig steril klangen.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: June 14, 2018 09:59

grinning smiley

Stoneage
[www.instagram.com]

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: erad ()
Date: June 14, 2018 12:24

keefriff99

Well it ain't giving me any satisfaction...

Date: June 14, 2018 17:54

For sure, Sasha has a good time... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: June 14, 2018 18:11

Keith should try to learn a few new tricks and put that boring lick to rest.

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: June 14, 2018 19:51

straycatuk

His onstage chemistry with Mick is probably the best I've ever seen it. This is surely a result of him getting his shit together.

sc uk

That's good to hear. I find those moments quite heartwarming. An recommended clips from recent shows?

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: June 14, 2018 22:41

Don't judge Keith or Stones playing on crappy youtube videos... have seen the videos and they are nothing comparable with the real thing.

Date: June 14, 2018 23:35

The unstoppable argument...
Not soothing at all tough.
And it's a video posted on Keith Instagram account.
Sure he thinks it is convincing no ?

eye rolling smileysmileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-15 00:04 by powerage78.

Posted by: erad ()
Date: June 15, 2018 03:32

mtaylor
Don't judge Keith or Stones playing on crappy youtube videos... have seen the videos and they are nothing comparable with the real thing.

Youtube videos are more than enough to hear out of tune playing, playing in the wrong key, missed notes, sloppy intros etc

When a youtube video is posted because it was a good version of a song with minimal mistakes I don't see people saying that you can't judge from a youtube video...

Can't have it both ways.

Date: June 15, 2018 04:17

erad
mtaylor

Youtube videos are more than enough to hear out of tune playing, playing in the wrong key, missed notes, sloppy intros etc

When a youtube video is posted because it was a good version of a song with minimal mistakes I don't see people saying that you can't judge from a youtube video...

Can't have it both ways.
Bingo! Thank you for injecting some objectivity. People constantly dismiss audience concert videos whenever they capture something unpleasant.

Date: June 15, 2018 04:49

keefriff99
erad
mtaylor

Can't have it both ways.
Bingo! Thank you for injecting some objectivity. People constantly dismiss audience concert videos whenever they capture something unpleasant.

thumbs up

Been awhile since this has been shown, but very high quality video and audio. Sometimes the truth hurts, but some of it is still pretty good!

The Rolling Stones

Thankfully they've vastly improved since then! winking smiley

Date: June 15, 2018 04:52

LOL!

This Metallica one will always be my favorite of the "shreds" videos...

[www.youtube.com]

I die laughing every time.

Date: June 15, 2018 05:00

Haha nice. smiling smiley
There used to be a great one of Keith alone where he's playing the lines to Yankee Doodle Dandy...or trying to haha...must have been taken down as I can't find it.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 15, 2018 07:42

mtaylor

Listen at 5:18 in this not crappy youtube video...

[www.youtube.com]

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1573
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home