Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

View From The Pit
Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: June 10, 2018 12:58

How good a view do you get of the band from the pit? Can you see Charlie?
Obviously your height has something to do with it but it seems to me that the stage is so high that the audience is so near and yet so far.

Re: View From The Pit
Date: June 10, 2018 13:09

I like it all the way back. You can see everyone perfect, lots of b stage action, great sound and lots of room. Just perfect

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 10, 2018 13:10

Harlem Shuffler

How good a view do you get of the band from the pit?

See here: [iorr.org] - and here: [iorr.org] .

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: June 10, 2018 13:13

Date: June 10, 2018 13:22

I did found that every picture and video i saw did not do justice to real life. Even my own photos are underwelming. Pit is very impressive and you can choose to be at the rail or more to the back

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: June 10, 2018 13:24

When I was front row, it was honestly the highlight of My lifetime with this band

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: June 10, 2018 13:25

I.ve been in pit B a few times and finally moved away from the rail towards the rear in Southampton. A lot better experience with a better view and more room IMO

SC UK

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 10, 2018 15:53

I was at the rear of Pit Bull in Manchester, on the rail. Excellent and unobstructed view of both sides of the stage. Highly recommended thumbs up

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 11, 2018 14:53

Was Gc in Edinburgh.first row behind pit a and view was brilliant.better than first row pit b southampton.
Love you Scotland.
Jeroen

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 11, 2018 15:09

corriecas
Was Gc in Edinburgh.first row behind pit a and view was brilliant.better than first row pit b southampton.
Love you Scotland.
Jeroen

The front row of GC is just as good as pit imho. Stages at gigs by all artists are much higher nowadays and also there are usually lots of (aircon) fans, monitors and other equipment there, making front row no longer the treat it once was. Rock Werchter is a good example of that where the height of the stage is ridiculous.

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: June 14, 2018 22:00

Thanks to everyone who responded to my enquiry.

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: June 15, 2018 00:47

Harlem Shuffler
Obviously your height has something to do with it but it seems to me that the stage is so high that the audience is so near and yet so far.
If you've never done pit before, it really is a great experience, but you only get to see half the band half of the time, and Charlie not at all if you're down the front. I've done pit many times but this tour I'm exclusively doing GC, starting on Ronnie's side until midway through, close to the pit rail, then moving back to the end of the catwalk after Keith's set, when you get close up views plus an overall view of the whole stage. All comes down to personal preference at the end of the day.

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 15, 2018 02:03

All of my pictures are taken from the pit. So you will see what you see in my pictures.

PS. They lowered the walkway to the B-stage by 45 cm or so i.e. one and a half foot some time after the London shows, so now we do actually see across to the other side.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Promoman2 ()
Date: June 15, 2018 11:11

chriseganstar
Harlem Shuffler
If you've never done pit before, it really is a great experience, but you only get to see half the band half of the time, and Charlie not at all if you're down the front. I've done pit many times but this tour I'm exclusively doing GC, starting on Ronnie's side until midway through, close to the pit rail, then moving back to the end of the catwalk after Keith's set, when you get close up views plus an overall view of the whole stage. All comes down to personal preference at the end of the day.

The stage this year is way more pit friendly than in '17 No Filter. There is way less view obstructing objects.

My top tip is: If you want to have a great view of the entire band you step back a few steps. Also if you want to see Charly you should pick Ronnie's side.

Date: June 15, 2018 11:40

This is a picture I took in Edinburgh near the back rail.

Fantastic spot. [ibb.co]

hope the link works

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-15 11:41 by PaintMonkeyManBlack.

Date: June 15, 2018 11:48

Also 2 videos

video: [vimeo.com]

other one will follow

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-15 12:20 by PaintMonkeyManBlack.

Date: June 15, 2018 12:20

video: [vimeo.com] here it is

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1285
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home