Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516
Current Page: 16 of 16
Re: Edinburgh UK 9-June-2018 Rolling Stones No Filter live updates
Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: June 14, 2018 00:38

DandelionPowderman
There are way more people who see the Stones only once or twice than us, Riffie. They (the majority) are over the moon about MY, and Mick knows it smiling smiley

Yes but Mick is a genius, an artist, it's a pity he doesn't let his work speak for itself.
I play songs like Time Waits For No One, Winter, Can You Hear The Music and Let It Loose to friends that have never heard them and they say like why the hell didn't they release those songs, why have they never played them live.
Do you think no one would go to Stones shows if they had a four song segment of these classic cult Stones tracks.
If they played them well and rehearsed them, people would come to respect these rarities, if Mick said to the audience we are going to play a few songs we have never played live before, we hope you like them, do you think people will walk home and turn their backs on the Stones.
People keep missing the point, why can't he play Memory Motel sometimes instead of Miss You, audiences love that track, it always goes down well, Beast Of Burden, Angie, Why @#$%& Miss You all the time.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: June 14, 2018 00:53

DandelionPowderman
There are way more people who see the Stones only once or twice than us, Riffie. They (the majority) are over the moon about MY, and Mick knows it smiling smiley

IORR Band has better set lists. winking smiley

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: June 14, 2018 14:32

As some others here I'm still reeling from this gig. As a career setlist whiner I must say they did a nice job here with most songs from the Sixties. I believe She's like a Rainbow was even better than Paris last year, though this might be the excitement talking. As we were leaving for the airport I even got a wave from Ronnie out his hotel room, which was directly across the bridge from ours. Also Sally stood next to me in the Pit for a while. I didn't bother her though, she was talking to a group of people. I laughed when Mick talked about the only tram. I had a hard time believing that myself. Great city and people were very friendly. Great trip!

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 14, 2018 15:25

SomeTorontoGirl
DandelionPowderman

IORR Band has better set lists. winking smiley

thumbs up smileys with beer grinning smiley cool smiley

Date: June 14, 2018 15:38

keithsman
DandelionPowderman

Yes but Mick is a genius, an artist, it's a pity he doesn't let his work speak for itself.
I play songs like Time Waits For No One, Winter, Can You Hear The Music and Let It Loose to friends that have never heard them and they say like why the hell didn't they release those songs, why have they never played them live.
Do you think no one would go to Stones shows if they had a four song segment of these classic cult Stones tracks.
If they played them well and rehearsed them, people would come to respect these rarities, if Mick said to the audience we are going to play a few songs we have never played live before, we hope you like them, do you think people will walk home and turn their backs on the Stones.
People keep missing the point, why can't he play Memory Motel sometimes instead of Miss You, audiences love that track, it always goes down well, Beast Of Burden, Angie, Why @#$%& Miss You all the time.

That's an interesting question (of which we'll never get an answer, unfortunately).

However, some of the answer came earlier in this thread: «that long song in the middle...»

I'm afraid that a 6 minute Let It Loose, TWFNO or Winter would have been taken the same way by «the tourists»..

Posted by: zgubi ()
Date: June 15, 2018 07:56

Between other stuff at work I edited my video from Edinburgh, just in time or as an incentive for today's show in Edinburgh.

I'm not going today but will be attending the next one winking smiley
Have fun and enjoy!

video: [www.youtube.com]

I make daily videos on the tour at [youtube.com]
Going to: London - Manchester - Twickenham - Berlin - Marseille - Prague - Warsaw

Date: June 15, 2018 12:45

zgubi
Between other stuff at work I edited my video from Edinburgh, just in time or as an incentive for today's show in Edinburgh.

I'm not going today but will be attending the next one winking smiley
Have fun and enjoy!

video: [www.youtube.com]

Amazing how you always seem to score Pit thumbs up

Sorry
Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: November 2, 2018 16:57

[m.imgur.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-02 17:03 by Christiaan.

Re: Keith, Murrayfield Edinburgh 2018
Date: November 2, 2018 17:04

Re: Sorry
Date: November 2, 2018 17:05

I want to delete, but don’t know how

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-02 19:41 by Christiaan.

Date: November 2, 2018 17:08

Why delete? Now you have the picture.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: November 2, 2018 17:10

Christiaan
I want to deelt, but don’t know how

See my post here: [iorr.org]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: November 2, 2018 17:12

Deltics
Christiaan

He can just right-click the pic as well, and then paste the image address into the IORR toolbar.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: November 2, 2018 17:27

DandelionPowderman
Deltics
Christiaan

He can just right-click the pic as well, and then paste the image address into the IORR toolbar.

Yes, but if he uses the BB code he can post the link directly to the page as it already has the [I M G] codes in place.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-02 20:54 by Deltics.

Date: November 2, 2018 19:43

DandelionPowderman

Because it is just a photo, a nice one, but nothing to say with it.

Date: November 2, 2018 20:02

Christiaan
DandelionPowderman

Because it is just a photo, a nice one, but nothing to say with it.

You said it was from Edinburgh. Why don't you change the thread title back?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 2, 2018 20:26

Great shot from a great concert.
Now my screensaver.. thanks!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 2, 2018 21:20

Great pic.
Jeroen

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 2, 2018 22:52

and Edinburgh 2018 was a great gig. 5 meters from the stage, loved it.
Great friends from Scotland , and Germany.
One Love
Jeroen

Date: November 3, 2018 00:09

Good show in my home national capital - a city I know very well as it’s also my University Town. A bit disappointed with my Lucky Dips, which were in the lower tier on the left, just over halfway back. At least I got shelter from the rain I suppose. The most drunken crowd of the tour in my experience, but hey, I’m a native and I was fully prepared for that winking smiley. Still, much better behaved than the 1999 Show at the same stadium, which was pretty scary at times!

That’s some photo of Keith btw!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516
Current Page: 16 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1392
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home