Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 11 of 16
Re: Edinburgh UK 9-June-2018 Rolling Stones No Filter live updates
Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 10, 2018 12:50

TE
Rainbow

Only me or does Mick look like "why do we play this"
Just got home, wasn't there.
Found the video. Looks like he hates the B pit.

Probably just me. Will read all tomorrow...

TE
Oslo

Oh, right. I wondered why he ripped off his T-shirt and threw it into the pit B crowd.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 10, 2018 12:51

Thought southampton was very good.edinburgh was even better.band wad rocking and the Scots made the Stones feel welcome n rocking even more.next month Prague.
Jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-10 12:52 by corriecas.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 10, 2018 12:53

Funny, except Start Me Up and Miss You - all songs comes from the Jones or Taylor era. Well, Ride Em on Down is also an exception, but that's a coversong

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-10 14:06 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: June 10, 2018 13:04

Topi
3rd straight Pit B!

The rain did not bother me. I was in a happy place.

Glad to hang with Beast and SomeTorontoGirl who were on the rail about 6-7 people back.

The closest I have been to the front row corner this tour. But there is a tradeoff; you miss Ronnie's side of the stage.

Great show except Scarf Me Up and Keith forgetting the lyrics to his songs.

Thought SFTD was the best version I've heard this year.

On my way to the airport now. Too bad my stay was only 48 hours. Such a nice city.

Next stop: Twickenham!

Nice to meet / keep running into you! Safe travels.

Date: June 10, 2018 13:12

How was the sound furter back and in the stands? In pit b i had the best sound ever. So lour and clear. I will never see them in a stadium with a roof

Posted by: HonkyTonkJan ()
Date: June 10, 2018 13:19

A fantastic show last night. I've lost my voice from cheering and singing along. Edinburgh crowd was well up for it. Very enthusiastic where i was in Golden Circle, Ron's side. Couple of Danish guys next to me were getting their Rocks Off big time. Lots of happy faces everywhere. Great loud sound - nice and clear. Mick had even more energy than usual, which is incredible when you think about it. Whole band were on fire - clearly enjoying themselves in Auld Reekie.

Great to meet lots of folks from all over the world before, during and after the show. The Stones make the world a better place!!

Date: June 10, 2018 13:24

Those scottisch people can drink... never seen so mich beer stands but even then i never saw so much people waiting for beer.

Also Security was so nice. Really cool.

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: June 10, 2018 13:30

Agreed, if it wasnt THE best it was damn close. I found the experience breathtaking; great position in GC; great crowd in the area making an almost carnival atmosphere. But mainly the performances; the loud, thrilling guitars; in their mid 70s I can say that last night they really did seem to be the greatest rocknroll band.

Incredible smiling smiley

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 10, 2018 13:59

12:28 the usual suspect

MR

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: June 10, 2018 14:03

12 of last night's 19 songs were from the 60s. Interesting.

Posted by: ferda ()
Date: June 10, 2018 14:03

Great show indeed. There was no special stand-out for me but everything just clicked. Energetic and loud crowd, crisp sound, high energy on the stage but what I liked the most was the mood of the band - I haven't seen so many smiles, support gestures and winks in ages. We even got a shared mic for LSTNT chorus between Mick & Keith, well almost ;-)

Was lovely hanging out with fellow IORRians, belid & corriecas.
@Jeroen - I am glad to hear you enjoyed the show, hope to see you in Prague!

Date: June 10, 2018 14:12

ferda
Great show indeed. There was no special stand-out for me but everything just clicked. Energetic and loud crowd, crisp sound, high energy on the stage but what I liked the most was the mood of the band - I haven't seen so many smiles, support gestures and winks in ages. We even got a shared mic for LSTNT chorus between Mick & Keith, well almost ;-)

Was lovely hanging out with fellow IORRians, belid & corriecas.
@Jeroen - I am glad to hear you enjoyed the show, hope to see you in Prague!

Yeah.lets have a beer in Prague.nice meeting you.
Jeroen

Date: June 10, 2018 14:14

who can get tired of MR or JJF?

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: June 10, 2018 14:19

@ Beast,You say: "" right. I wondered why he ripped off his T-shirt and threw it into the pit B crowd"".
He also did it in Arnhem (2017) during the song 'Street Fighting Man' He did it on Keith's side. It was a black shirt with on the front side in yellow letters 'STONES'

Date: June 10, 2018 14:21

tioms
@ Beast,You say: "" right. I wondered why he ripped off his T-shirt and threw it into the pit B crowd"".
He also did it in Arnhem (2017) during the song 'Street Fighting Man' He did it on Keith's side. It was a black shirt with on the front side in yellow letters 'STONES'

Mick does this ehrn he is having a great time.and a @#$%& great nite it was.
Jeroen

Date: June 10, 2018 14:21

Beast

Oh, right. I wondered why he ripped off his T-shirt and threw it into the pit B crowd.

during which song?

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: June 10, 2018 14:29

Just saw them leaving the hotel. My other friend is at the AirPort, he Will keep a lookout for the plane!

Date: June 10, 2018 14:32

Erik_Snow
Funny, except Start Me Up and Miss You - all songs comes from the Jones or Taylor era. Well, Ride Em on Down is also an exception, but that's a coversong

There are a few in-betweens, though, like GS and YCAGWYW. Songs that neither Brian or Taylor had anything to do with..

Date: June 10, 2018 14:34

At the airport now. Is the tongue plane here? If anyone knows i can try to find it and make a picture

Date: June 10, 2018 14:36

Did not spot the Stones plane yet.
Jeroen

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 10, 2018 14:37

DandelionPowderman
Erik_Snow

There are a few in-betweens, though, like GS and YCAGWYW. Songs that neither Brian or Taylor had anything to do with..

The era was the point.......

Think this Edinburgh show has the 'oldest' setlist I've seen

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-10 15:01 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: June 10, 2018 15:08

PaintMonkeyManBlack
How was the sound furter back and in the stands? In pit b i had the best sound ever. So lour and clear. I will never see them in a stadium with a roof

Actually, I found the sound at the back of pit B to be not great - a number of times I was hearing echoes (not the monitors being turned on). I seem to be in the minority but I wasn't particularly enamoured with this show, and thought the crowd was irritating - a really annoying number of full pint glasses got thrown around the pit/GC. I thought the crowd was a bit younger at this show, which may have something to do with it. But I'm glad others had a great time! And I did love Rainbow - thought it was a big improvement on Paris last year (which I also enjoyed).

syrel

Date: June 10, 2018 15:22

Stones plane spotted and made ready to fly

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: June 10, 2018 15:24

maumau
Beast

during which song?

Went to the dudes from Polish fan club thumbs up

Rolling Stones - Edinburgh UK 9-June-2018
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 10, 2018 15:35

Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: June 10, 2018 15:36

What a great show.So much love. Charlie was smiling all the time. Whole band were wonderful. And those stories about Keith not being able to play anymore....Forget it. He was electrifying. If this is the last one for me (and I fear it is), they brought the house down. The Stones reminded me that beautiful music and shared experience transcend day to day drudgery. Thanks boys. Well Done.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 10, 2018 15:53

Reports and pictures here:

[iorr.org]

Bjornulf

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: June 10, 2018 16:01

Fantastic show and the packed crowd loved every minute of it. Sound at the front of GA was near perfect and the band seemed to be having fun. Mick never ceases to amaze me. The perfect frontman and more of a raconteur than usual due to the stage mopping between songs. Goodness knows how he does it. Did he have to sell his soul? He remains totally unique. Ronnie was spectacular and I've never seen Charlie smile so much. Keith conserved his energy in the first half and seemed to relax more after his solo spot. Sure, he fluffed the opening chords of SMU again and mixed up lines in his solo spot. Got to love the guy and he's been doing that for years. No skull ring again tonight, I noticed. I've been going to see this band since 1976 and it continues to evolve and deliver. Don't do multiple shows anymore. Familiarity can breed contempt and I never want to tire of seeing The Stones deliver the classics. I liked the setlist last night and the audience whooped it up. The last time for me? Well, if it is, they'll have gone out on a high. Thanks to The Stones and sorry I didn't get to hang with more IORRians, but this was almost a home show for me so I headed home afterwards. Enjoy the rest of the tour, all of you.

Posted by: hickorywind ()
Date: June 10, 2018 17:35

Charlie still here in Edinburgh just arrived at The Grange Cricket Ground to watch Scotland v England One Day International.
Scotland innings total was 317 runs.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: June 10, 2018 17:41

nice touch M & K singing together....like old times...any video of that?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 11 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1812
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home