Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 16
Re: Rolling Stones - Edinburgh UK 9-June-2018
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 10, 2018 02:42

Great show and great filled to the rafters crowd!

The Mick and Keith moment of sharing a couple mics was fantastic to see.
While not my first pick, Rainbow was great to see live again, enhanced dramatically with the screens/graphics. Although the pit still wins as best spot, was extremely happy with my first golden circle experience. Being able to see the whole stage and screens along with many up close opportunities with the catwalk makes it a great option.

I think the band will benefit from this six day break now and come back strong in Cardiff.
Looking forward to it!

Nice meeting you Fillmore, and I agree with your missing Lisa sentiment.
Also your Edinburgh assesment, great city and great stones town!

Re: Edinburgh UK 9-June-2018 Rolling Stones No Filter live updates
Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: June 10, 2018 02:50

Oh dear! All these lame excuses about Keith playing the intro to SMU wrong, blaming this and that. He is old and he does not play very good anymore! That's the reason!!! Simple.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 10, 2018 02:55

Can't be that easy, Blueranger. Is Scotland Yard engaged yet?

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: June 10, 2018 03:07

Tonight they were indeed The Greatest Rock N Roll Band In the word. What a great gig that was, Edinburgh Rocked. Great atmosphere where I was in GA right hand side of the stage. The place was bouncing. As this was my first No Filter gig. I was impressed very much by the way Keith played ,especially on his solo's. Ronnie was magnificent. Charlie no frills but held down the Rhythm with Darrell like only 'Bonnie Prince Charlie' does. Mick ..well need I say more what a performance. The most consummate front man to roam a stage. The inter play between all members is probably the most happiest I have ever seen them on stage. Yes Edinburgh proved to be a Majestic Stones City in every way. Haste Ye Backe.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-10 03:11 by Tonstone.

Posted by: TE ()
Date: June 10, 2018 03:12

Rainbow

Only me or does Mick look like "why do we play this"
Just got home, wasn't there.
Found the video. Looks like he hates the B pit.

Probably just me. Will read all tomorrow...

TE
Oslo

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: June 10, 2018 03:16

When I read about people who complain because their set lists contain only the workhorses I remain esterefatto, we talk about the songs of the Rolling Stones that have made the history of rock, not "" "normal" "" ", JJF, Satisfaction, Miss You, etc. I would also like to listen to them in songs rarely heard live and that would be fantastic! It does not happen every day to have the opportunity to go to their show and when it happens JJF, Satisfaction, Miss You etc. I listen willingly, indeed I would be sorry if there were not JJF for example.It's the internet world that makes their shows become boring, but the concerts are not for youtube, but they are concerts to be lived and it's not the same thing.

Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: June 10, 2018 03:20

Really enjoyed the show, even though we weren’t in the pit. First show I’ve seen since DesertTrip and they were 100% better. They really are enjoying themselves and they sounded tight. It’s the most I’ve enjoyed the warhorses in decades. Only down side was no SFM. Here’s the 12min version of Rambler, a highlight as always. Had a great time in Edinburgh, beautiful city! Had a tear in my eye as they took their final bow, wondering if this would be the last time I see them live, but assuming continued good health I see no reason they will stop.

CHELSKEITH

[youtu.be]

Rolling Stones- Edinburgh UK 9-June-2018
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 10, 2018 03:41

Tonight a dream came true.
The greatest concert in my life - the greatest band I could ever photograph. Once in a lifetime. And this was the night.

Roberto Ricciuti Photography

Rolling Stones - Edinburgh UK 9-June-2018
Date: June 10, 2018 03:56

Roberto Ricciuti/Getty

Roberto Ricciuti/Getty

Date: June 10, 2018 03:59

Roberto Ricciuti/Getty

Roberto Ricciuti/Getty

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: June 10, 2018 03:59

If this wasn’t the best show I’ve seen, it was damn close! The setlist wasn’t strong but the performances were, and Keith especially seemed on his game. Very pleased!

Getting in there...another matter completely! Memories of Paris 1 last year. We had queued up for Pit B forever, on the east side of the Stadium, and were about to be let in, and they looked at our tickets, which said “Concerts West...” at the top. Security tried to tell us we had to use the west gate. I had to explain Concerts West is a promotor, a corporate entity, not a direction. We’d still be trying to get in... training? Has anyone wver considered it? The mind boggles...

Date: June 10, 2018 04:01

Roberto Ricciuti/Getty

Roberto Ricciuti/Getty

Re: Rolling Stones- Edinburgh UK 9-June-2018
Posted by: elmuseo ()
Date: June 10, 2018 04:02

Thanks Roberto , Cristiano ,green lady (i hope Don´t forget to nobody) for the beautiful pictures and everybody for the tracing of the show.
One more Time :
Sorry about My english

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: June 10, 2018 04:07

Cristiano Radtke
Amazing photos by Peter Kaminski can be seen here: [theimagehive.photoshelter.com]
indeed

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: June 10, 2018 04:37

SomeTorontoGirl
If this wasn’t the best show I’ve seen, it was damn close! The setlist wasn’t strong but the performances were, and Keith especially seemed on his game. Very pleased!

Getting in there...another matter completely! Memories of Paris 1 last year. We had queued up for Pit B forever, on the east side of the Stadium, and were about to be let in, and they looked at our tickets, which said “Concerts West...” at the top. Security tried to tell us we had to use the west gate. I had to explain Concerts West is a promotor, a corporate entity, not a direction. We’d still be trying to get in... training? Has anyone wver considered it? The mind boggles...

OMG, ya, wasn't last year a problem with the words "No Filter"?

Posted by: Iggyrichards ()
Date: June 10, 2018 04:46

My God, all these people complaining about the SMU intro. He had to crank his volume up then miss hit a chord. After that the song took off. You could watch a true Live performance by any band and you will see a bum note, bad chord.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 10, 2018 05:05

While I agree IggyRichards that with "a true Live performance by any band and you will see a bum note, bad chord" (especially with the Stones these days),
just so happens that Keith is now 0 for 2 with the intro to Start Me Up on this leg of the tour when it'ss in the opening slot.
Not a complaint as I don't like Start Me Up anywhere in the setlist and wasn't there so it doesn't matter anyways, just stating a statistic.
One thing I'm 99.999999% sure of, in no way was it intentional in order to annoy Mick (lol) as has been stated by some others here.
Maybe third time will be the charm in one of the upcoming cities? Hope so! thumbs up

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: June 10, 2018 06:02

Iggyrichards
My God, all these people complaining about the SMU intro. He had to crank his volume up then miss hit a chord. After that the song took off. You could watch a true Live performance by any band and you will see a bum note, bad chord.

Agreed 100% These people are... who knows what they are...
but they don't go to Stones shows anymore, they have stated repeatedly they are done going to live Stones shows, but still they show up to post their same crap over and over and over in every in every live show thread... the same yak yak the same yadda yadda yadda as if their redundant posts add a damned thing. The truth is thier constant negative BS hurts the other wise good vibe from people WHO ACTUALLY WENT TO THE SHOW AND ARE HAPPILY REPORTING IN ON IT!

The last thing live threads need is arm chair opinioniods spamming their crap.

It is one thing to post an opinion or two, it is another to flood every live thread with their same old worn out nonsense.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 10, 2018 06:22

MizzAmandaJonez
Really enjoyed the show, even though we weren’t in the pit. First show I’ve seen since DesertTrip and they were 100% better. They really are enjoying themselves and they sounded tight. It’s the most I’ve enjoyed the warhorses in decades. Only down side was no SFM. Here’s the 12min version of Rambler, a highlight as always. Had a great time in Edinburgh, beautiful city! Had a tear in my eye as they took their final bow, wondering if this would be the last time I see them live, but assuming continued good health I see no reason they will stop.

CHELSKEITH

[youtu.be]

Glad you had a good time, and thanks for the video clip of Midnight Rambler - oh my, great stuff as always!!! thumbs up
And yes Edinburgh...one of the greatest cities I've ever visited, and look forward to returning soon!

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 10, 2018 09:29

PIB nice pov

[youtu.be]

video: [youtu.be]

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 10, 2018 10:16

SFTD

video: [youtu.be]

[youtu.be]

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 10, 2018 10:21

3rd straight Pit B!

The rain did not bother me. I was in a happy place.

Glad to hang with Beast and SomeTorontoGirl who were on the rail about 6-7 people back.

The closest I have been to the front row corner this tour. But there is a tradeoff; you miss Ronnie's side of the stage.

Great show except Scarf Me Up and Keith forgetting the lyrics to his songs.

Thought SFTD was the best version I've heard this year.

On my way to the airport now. Too bad my stay was only 48 hours. Such a nice city.

Next stop: Twickenham!

Posted by: rrronnie ()
Date: June 10, 2018 10:37

Just woke up after a short night sleeping in my rented car. My ears are still ringing. Had a great spot front row pit A ( thanks my friend!). Great show, very energetic and strong....and got another two guitar picks from Ronnie. Next stop: Berlin!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 10, 2018 11:05

Great great gig.gold circle.just behind Pit a.arrived at 01.30 n when doors opened ran like hell.good spot thanks to a german guy.great view of stage and could see everyone. Better thanview from pit b in southampton. Good view of charlie.he is great and cool.simple and effective drumming.smiling all the time.mick was on fire.he enjoyed the gig so much.at the end he three his shirt in the crowd.ronnie was playing like a mad man.god he is good.keef was keef.a mistake on happy but i dont care.we all make mistakes.the crowd was amazing.they gave so much energy back to the stones.edinburg was great.really good n friendly people the scots.gold rings on ya Scotland. Have seen 39 gigs now since 1976. This is among the top 5.
Think the band has maybe 5 more years in them.
One love
Jeroen

Posted by: undertheradar ()
Date: June 10, 2018 11:39

corriecas
Think the band has maybe 5 more years in them.
One love
Jeroen

Glad to hear it Jeroen

thumbs up

..And glad to here everyone had a good time last night.

Undertheradar
Disclaimer: I was drunk when I wrote this ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-10 11:42 by undertheradar.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 10, 2018 11:45

Edinburgh hotel departure (short video)

"Thank you Edinburgh for welcoming us in to your beautiful country"

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: Shesarainbow ()
Date: June 10, 2018 12:02

Still buzzing from great show. The crowd was amazing, everyone singing and dancing. I wish that the crowds in the U.S. were half as good as Edinburgh!

Posted by: belld ()
Date: June 10, 2018 12:11

Great show certainly one that will last long in my memory. Numerous comments from people who had never seen them before - amazing incredible fantastic etc surpassed all expectations.
Also really enjoyed Richard Ashcrofts band.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: June 10, 2018 12:37

Just an incredible concert. The audience was the best. Everybody on their feet from the beginning - nobody sitting down which is the normal.

Stones rocked. All of them in great shape. Keith good on gutar, Mick with incredible energy. How can they stop touring !!

Date: June 10, 2018 12:40

keithsman
shortfatfanny
keithsman
Hairball
Since Keith has abandoned The Worst and Slipping Away, no more latter day original tunes in the set - kind of sad.
The most recent original tune is Start Me Up, and unfortunately it gets butchered... confused smiley

Pity over the last decade that they dropped songs like You Got Me Rocking, Rock And A Hard Place, I Go Wild, Love Is Strong , Sad Sad Sad, and Saint Of Me, good later day songs that work well live that could be second generation Warhorses by now had they kept them going to audiences over the years.

Thankfully YGMR has been dropped during No Filter '17/'18 so far... ( beside Amsterdam '17 if I remember correctly ).

Admittedly its many years since they did justice to that one, been playing Voodoo Lounge in my car lately and its holding up well, love it more now then when it was released and YGMR sounds Rocking in the Studio.

Great pictures everyone, great atmosphere , looking forward to the youtube clips and reviews tomorrow.
I'm off to Wales, lets hope Cardiff can sing as well as Edinburgh.

It hurts me to say, but it was great in Amsterdam smiling smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1865
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home