Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 16
Re: Edinburgh UK 9-June-2018 Rolling Stones No Filter live updates
Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 10, 2018 00:33

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()

Posted by: EJM ()

Cristiano Radtke

[www.thescottishsun.co.uk]

Gosh I never thought I’d see Mick and Keith together like that again on stage - warms the cockles of my heart

Date: June 10, 2018 00:37

EDIT: Same as above. Perhaps now we can believe in what songs they played tonight.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-10 00:38 by Cristiano Radtke.

Posted by: Irix ()

Edinburgh Setlist: [Twitter.com] · [www.Facebook.com] · [www.Instagram.com] - "Edinburgh thanks for being such a great crowd and making us feel right at home".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-10 00:38 by Irix.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: June 10, 2018 00:38

shortfatfanny
keithsman
Hairball
Since Keith has abandoned The Worst and Slipping Away, no more latter day original tunes in the set - kind of sad.
The most recent original tune is Start Me Up, and unfortunately it gets butchered... confused smiley

Pity over the last decade that they dropped songs like You Got Me Rocking, Rock And A Hard Place, I Go Wild, Love Is Strong , Sad Sad Sad, and Saint Of Me, good later day songs that work well live that could be second generation Warhorses by now had they kept them going to audiences over the years.

Thankfully YGMR has been dropped during No Filter '17/'18 so far... ( beside Amsterdam '17 if I remember correctly ).

Admittedly its many years since they did justice to that one, been playing Voodoo Lounge in my car lately and its holding up well, love it more now then when it was released and YGMR sounds Rocking in the Studio.

Great pictures everyone, great atmosphere , looking forward to the youtube clips and reviews tomorrow.
I'm off to Wales, lets hope Cardiff can sing as well as Edinburgh.

Date: June 10, 2018 00:41

Paint It Black: [twitter.com]

Date: June 10, 2018 00:45

Flash bang wallop and goodnight:

Posted by: legin ()
Date: June 10, 2018 00:45

Pity about the vote song..I was really hoping for Heartbreaker!!

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: June 10, 2018 00:53

Rolling Stones - Edinburgh UK 9-June-2018
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 10, 2018 01:02

Jane Barlow/PA

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 10, 2018 01:09

The setlist is very good. Up to song number 7.

Date: June 10, 2018 01:11

Date: June 10, 2018 01:15

Why start with SMU when Keith can't handle the intro? What's the point? Do they want to start on a false note? Are they making a statement?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 10, 2018 01:20

Green Lady

I know it says 19 songs, and with a quick glance seems like a decent setlist, but when you go from one song to the next it just doesn't quite add up to something extraordinary.
Don't get me wrong all classic songs (and the new blues cover), but hard to say "WOW" when you put it all together.
That said, I'm sure it was an enjoyable experience, especially for the casual fans who get to hear all the warhorses.

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: June 10, 2018 01:20

Green Lady
keithsman
I'm missing The Worst, pity it looks like Keith got put off of that one because the audience didn't know it well in Dublin or London 2 and therefor didn't respond to Keith's liking.

It's not well known - glad I got to hear it at London 2, but the crowd round me mostly didn't react to it and there was almost a sigh of relief when Happy came up as his second song. As you say, it looks like he has given up on it.

He played 'The Worst' in Southampton too.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 10, 2018 01:22

Stoneage

Why start with SMU when Keith can't handle the intro? What's the point? Do they want to start on a false note? Are they making a statement?

They wanna pay homage to Scottish author Robert Louis Stevenson's work, Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde .... winking smiley

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: June 10, 2018 01:34

Hairball
I know it says 19 songs, and with a quick glance seems like a decent setlist, but when you go from one song to the next it just doesn't quite add up to something extraordinary.
Don't get me wrong all classic songs (and the new blues cover), but hard to say "WOW" when you put it all together.
That said, I'm sure it was an enjoyable experience, especially for the casual fans who get to hear all the warhorses.

I think that's because LSTNT and UMT started off as vote song candidates in this phase of the tour, so were fresh when they were first played. Now they are making regular appearances which leaves no room for a new surprise.

Rolling Stones - Edinburgh UK 9-June-2018
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 10, 2018 01:41

Date: June 10, 2018 01:46

Fantastic show. Sound was very loud but sublime. Best i ever heard.

Keith smu intro was due to technical problem or something. But mick and keith were in great spirit to each other so dont try to make something out of nothing

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: June 10, 2018 01:50

Well.

I can’t put into words what this band does to me. Absolutely great performance - this is my 5th time since Hyde Park #1 2013, and they really do get better every time.

The woman next to me said I was just as entertaining as the gig itself - not sure if that was a compliment or dig lol. I will admit I can’t stop moving when these guys play. If you’re here, hello and thanks aha!

I love this band so much. It sounds pathetic, but it would have been great to be born a little earlier than 1995, to only fit as many gigs as possible.

Having said that, Stones crowds are one of the worst crowds I’ve known. I’m by no means bragging, but I get myself to at least one gig a week, love travelling abroad for gigs - from anywhere in Europe, to Japan and South America. Hands down, Stones crowds are one of the most stubborn, uptight, and boring crowds. Any other gig, me and my mates can move freely around front of stage, head off to the bar/toilet and pop back with ease. Do this at a Stones gig, and you may as well have spat in everyone’s face. Not welcoming or friendly at all.

Anyway gig was great. Until next time folks x

Posted by: Fillmore ()
Date: June 10, 2018 01:54

Short report from me: the playing / performance gets a solid 6.5 / 10. But the overall impression was just breathtaking, exactly as Jaggers performance all evening long. Let us not forget, that this is probably the first tour on which KR is sober. After 50+ years in a drug- and booze-fueled capsule, now the ordinary process of growing older takes place. Of course he still can play an amazing show, he only gotta remember what he wrote decades ago eye popping smiley.
The setlist was superb i think. Just like the audience! The Scots in Edinburgh know how to party, inside and outside of the venue. Friday night at Bannermanns was hard, thanks to SimonN from this forum I made it somehow. Cheers Simon, my pleasure!

OT: never have i been so overwhelmed by the beauty of a city as in Edinburgh the last two days! My first stay here - and i hope to return soon. Amazing!

When i ran into MrDDDD this morning in front of the hotel "...", we were five or six people waiting. An hour later we were roundabout a few hundred. A bit later a man who could be bv's twin comes out of the hotel. I try to keep myself away from evil feelings, but I couldn't hide a little bit of jealousy in that situation. But very nice talking with MrD, whom I met again later at the venue. All the best, man! Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Best moments of the show: the interaction between Mick and Keith. And realising how powerful the new humbucker makes Ronnies ESP sound. MJ seemed to play his Strat longer than usual during Miss You. Nice. And funky.
But I still miss Lisa Fisher on stage. Anyway, a great evening in Europes maybe most beautiful city.

Next Stop: Berlin.
Good night everybody (in Europe).

Date: June 10, 2018 01:57

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: June 10, 2018 02:15

PaintMonkeyManBlack

Keith smu intro was due to technical problem or something.

I think it's a human problem when you place your index finger on the wrong fret.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 10, 2018 02:15

I may have missed it--

In which song do Mick and Keith sing so close together, each with a mic?

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: June 10, 2018 02:18

The song was lstnt at the end

And yes keith put his fingers wrong. But after his problem, he had his fingers right but no sound. After that he made a mistake. Should not happen but these stories about doing it on purpose are just...

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: June 10, 2018 02:21

I don't think Keith does it on purpose.

Usually he walks out first and plays the intros immediately.

There was a long pause before he played the first chords, the first chord sounded correct the second hammer-on chord was not.

He's forgotten chords before at the start of SMU and Happy.

I think it's a brain fart because once he gets going he's great!

Date: June 10, 2018 02:23

Date: June 10, 2018 02:39

Is it a computer loop or does Chuck play the melody on UMT?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1460
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home