Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The summer of Satisfaction
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: June 7, 2018 18:04

A nice little tribute to the song. I forgot about it being in Apocalypse Now. Through a mix-up in tapes playing order this was the song that came up as I walked down the aisle to get married. How little I knew then how prophetic a song it was.

[bestclassicbands.com]

Re: The summer of Satisfaction
Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: June 7, 2018 19:00

When Andrew Oldham re-mixed the catalog for CD in the 80's he played archaeologist, unearthing and bringing up sounds in "Satisfaction" of piano and acoustic guitar that had previously been buried in the mix.

Interesting as it was, it diluted the power of the original release.

That version was played for 20 years or so on K-RTH oldies radio in L.A.

So an entire generation grew up listening to a version of "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" that by comparison, sounds like it just had one ball.

Re: The summer of Satisfaction
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: June 8, 2018 03:19

loog droog
When Andrew Oldham re-mixed the catalog for CD in the 80's he played archaeologist, unearthing and bringing up sounds in "Satisfaction" of piano and acoustic guitar that had previously been buried in the mix.

Interesting as it was, it diluted the power of the original release.

That version was played for 20 years or so on K-RTH oldies radio in L.A.

So an entire generation grew up listening to a version of "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" that by comparison, sounds like it just had one ball.

I don't think ALO had anything to do with the remix. That stereo version can be found on the London West German Hot Rocks from the mid 80's which was mastered by Mobile Fidelity. Also has stereo version of Play With Fire and wide stereo versions of Mothers Little Helper and Get Off Of My Cloud.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1883
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home