Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: Future of No Filter Tour
Posted by: diverseharmonics ()
Date: June 9, 2018 04:10

diverseharmonics
FrogSugar
Those mentioning the mighty reaper... The day death strikes one of them, I hope they go out like the Grateful Dead did with "The Other Ones"/"The Dead"/"Dead & Company" and just tour as "The Stones"! As long as Mick is there, I'm there! (I'm late to the party and have only seen the band 4 times, so I'm willing to consider any new alternative that should spring up. Yup.
Horrible idea

Posted by: diverseharmonics ()
Date: June 9, 2018 04:19

Gazza
GJB
I heard from what I consider a very knowledgable source that the current touring contract has insurance for the tour to be cancelled (with the stones not out of pocket) if something happens to Mick, Keith or Charlie but NOT Ronnie. So maybe, this sheds some light into the question of would they continue if something happened to Ronnie at least.

I personally think they would continue if something happened to Charlie. Although I always wonder how much reliance there is on Chuck especially from Mick. I wonder whether Matt Clifford is on hand to direct the band on stage should something happen to Chuck...

From a musical perspective I think replacing Ronnie would be hardest out of Charlie and Ronnie as in the live show he takes a lot of strain off Keith in solos etc and dancing about “putting on a show”. I hope it never comes to any of that... a four piece until the very end at the O2 in London winking smiley!

as I recall, the contract that leaked after the Aussie tour in 2014 got pulled after L'Wren Scott died indicated that both Keith & Ronnie were basically uninsurable at that time. That has more to do with their health history - and as said above, Ronnie's recent illness would make that the main reason why thats an issue, not his status within the band.

I find it incredulous that anyone would seriously believe that a band with an average age of about 75 would feel the desire to keep things going if one of the band members died. What makes people think they'd want to bother? They're already semi-retired from touring as it is. That would be all the reason in the world to hang it up. To date, they havent found a good one.
Thank you. It would be totally asinine to continue without Watts. Who really believes they would do that?..no really...who is that big an idiot..i mean PLEASE!! Your closest friend of 50+ years dies or retires and you say CARRY ON!? ummmmm.....no

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: June 9, 2018 07:52

Well Mick said if and when a member cannot do it anymore or worse the band will fold up.

Posted by: samMuc ()
Date: June 9, 2018 11:56

What I really would like to see once the Stones as a band come to an end. All the giants of this Era come together to play as one Supergroup for one concert only.
Broadcasted live everywhere in the world.

Mick, Keith and/or any other Stones Member who is still playing. Ringo and Paul. David, Roger and Nick. Robert, Jimmy and John Paul.
Playing in changing formations depending on the song.
For the final song everyone would be on stage playing
"Allways look on the brightside of life"
That would be a glorious end of this Epoch.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: June 28, 2018 00:13

The Glimmer Twins would tour together without Charlie or Ronnie.

Rockman
Debatable
No Charlie No Stones for starters ….

Exactly.

Date: June 28, 2018 01:00

In this form they can do another tour in 2019 for sure. What a great tour this is so far!!!

Date: June 28, 2018 05:26

No Ronnie or Charlie or Keith =
No Stones.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: June 28, 2018 05:39

babyblue
No Ronnie or Charlie or Keith =
No Stones.

or Mick

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 28, 2018 07:16

If they continue with it they'll have to change it to HEAVILY FILTERED since they're just doing a greatest hits set plus one new song and have dropped all elements of surprise from the 2017 less filtered tour.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 28, 2018 12:09

yorkshirestone
corriecas
corriecas
Another European Tour in 2019 !!!!
Jeroen

Just Joking
Jeroen
Fingers crossed Charlie draws the line at leaving Europe for touring purposes after this summer and it’s 15 Europe’s dates a summer here on in ;-)

Are you saying Charlie would agree to continue touring but only in Europe? Interesting idea, they could probably compromise on that...

And then the 60th won't be that far! They do need to keep on playing regularly though. It's unlikely they'd go through a "reboot" like in 2012.

Health permitting they're unlikely to stop, unlike anytime I've seen them since 2012 they were really a band exuding confidence in Marseille!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 28, 2018 12:13

yup, they really nailed it in Marseille. Wish i had been there!!!
Jeroen

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 28, 2018 12:14

Guess they will keep on touring every year, till one of them dies.
Jeroen

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: June 28, 2018 12:50

Perhaps for the first time we know they will never play again in many towns in Europe. Marseille for example... (2 gigs in 15 years).In UK too...

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-28 13:38 by powerage78.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: June 28, 2018 16:42

Hoping for Australia nextsmiling smiley.

Posted by: HomerSimpson ()
Date: June 28, 2018 17:27

Didn't BV (or someone - sorry if I'm wrong about who) post that they are coming to the US in the fall this year or spring of 2019?

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: June 28, 2018 17:33

Date: June 7, 2018 14:25

There will be more shows next year. Warsaw is not the last show.

Bjornulf

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: June 28, 2018 20:59

bv
Thank You. Will there be more for this year I wonder winking smiley

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: June 28, 2018 21:09

bv

Great news BV. Is it too early to ask on which continent?

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: June 28, 2018 21:14

"There will be more shows next year. Warsaw is not the last show."

Perfect for me...I plan to retire sometime next year, and even if it's toward the end of the year, I would have a lot of time to take off during my last few months.smileys with beer

Date: June 29, 2018 05:16

HomerSimpson
Didn't BV (or someone - sorry if I'm wrong about who) post that they are coming to the US in the fall this year or spring of 2019?

Yes this was discussed.North America seems to be the next or maybe last stop. That is if their health holds out.

Posted by: glimmertwinz ()
Date: July 2, 2018 09:48

Any clue as to what months a possible North American tour would be?

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: July 3, 2018 00:37

I think Asia and Australia will be next leg in February next year...5 years from the last appearance there and there will be "Exhibitionism" in Sydney too...Then I think that they'll touring North America in the fall with a new album to promote...

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: July 3, 2018 00:43

I have talked with different people on this tour that know much more than I do. Some say Argentina/Mexico in February/March, then USA next. Some have said both coasts: east AND west. A strong rumour is a well known city on the east coast. But of course a rumour is a rumour and nothing is yet made public. But it seems almost certain that there will be more shows in 2019 outside of Europe.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-03 00:45 by The Worst..

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 3, 2018 00:48

mailexile67
I think Asia and Australia will be next leg in February next year...5 years from the last appearance there and there will be "Exhibitionism" in Sydney too...Then I think that they'll touring North America in the fall with a new album to promote...

Could be..
Although they've made no effort to play in any of the Exhibitionism locales so far.I'm still leaning towards NA in late fall/early winter.
There are a TON of cities with enclosed stadiums that they haven't hit since at least 2006/2007- Vancouver, Seattle, Portland, Calgary, Denver, etc..

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: July 3, 2018 04:20

Only 2 of those 5 cities mentioned have stadiums with a roof, or in Seattle's case the roof is retractable at Safeco Field. The other is Vancouver...

I feel like the "new" No Filter stage that debuted in 2017 will be taken overseas... seems like a major expense to build a new set for 2 European legs.

I don't know if the video towers could be reduced in size to fit major arenas, but it wouldn't surprise me if they were adaptable.

If that is the case, that opens up a host of cities that could see shows. Those without shows for awhile do include all the cities mentioned above and many others.

If they come to North America, a good question is do they play indoors or outside? Different capacities and different pricing strategies most likely.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 3, 2018 04:27

TKinOH
Only 2 of those 5 cities mentioned have stadiums with a roof, or in Seattle's case the roof is retractable at Safeco Field. The other is Vancouver...

I feel like the "new" No Filter stage that debuted in 2017 will be taken overseas... seems like a major expense to build a new set for 2 European legs.

I don't know if the video towers could be reduced in size to fit major arenas, but it wouldn't surprise me if they were adaptable.

If that is the case, that opens up a host of cities that could see shows. Those without shows for awhile do include all the cities mentioned above and many others.

If they come to North America, a good question is do they play indoors or outside? Different capacities and different pricing strategies most likely.

The screens were built to be adapted to arenas I believe.. even better! (good video on it somewhere here). Seems reasonable to think that by highlighting that in their video it would become a reality at some point..
Gotta think they bring this to NA next.. like you say, many cities to choose from.

[www.wicreations.com]
"These are 6 metres long by 2.5 wide in the largest format and can be broken down in 2 x 2.5 metre sections to accommodate variable stage spaces they might encounter on the indoor shows."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-03 04:32 by MisterDDDD.

Date: July 3, 2018 04:38

Just checked stufish.com, but it didn't mention the stage being adaptable to arena sizes... I didn't catch that info before if it was on IORR... I must be slippin'!!

If they go indoors, we will see if they would push the pricing structure to Vegas 2016 levels. I can't see most cities being ready to pay those prices, but I'm not a doubter when it comes to ticket sales. I've seen enough Stones gigs to know they bring the folks in no matter what it takes!

And yes, I was at the Cincinnati and Indy shows in '94, which had smallish crowds for the Voodoo Lounge run... I'm glad Indy got a chance to redeem itself on the Zip Code tour.

Maybe the residency concept will come to fruition. Madison Square Garden in NYC and The Forum in LA, which is owned by MSG... sounds good to me, just let me pay on the credit card for a few more months!

Date: July 3, 2018 04:39

MisterDDDD
TKinOH

The screens were built to be adapted to arenas I believe.. even better! (good video on it somewhere here). Seems reasonable to think that by highlighting that in their video it would become a reality at some point..
Gotta think they bring this to NA next.. like you say, many cities to choose from.

[www.wicreations.com]
"These are 6 metres long by 2.5 wide in the largest format and can be broken down in 2 x 2.5 metre sections to accommodate variable stage spaces they might encounter on the indoor shows."

Thank you, kind Sir!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 3, 2018 05:08

Hoping for arenas for a North American return, but they'll probably keep the same No Filter format with stadiums - packing more people in while playing a smaller number of cities. That said, prices will no doubt be very expensive no matter where they play. I predict L.A., New York, Toronto, Boston, Chicago, and maybe San Diego, San Francisco, Houston, Dallas, and Phoenix...

A friend sent this pic to me recently saying there's no doubt the Stones are returning - health willing...

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: July 3, 2018 12:38

From what i heard they will be no more tour in the states. No more show in 2018.
Maybe next year but in Europe again. Charlie doesn't want to spend a long time for from his house.
Hope i'm wrong for you guys

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1817
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home