Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: Future of No Filter Tour
Posted by: diverseharmonics ()
Date: June 7, 2018 03:52

FrogSugar
Those mentioning the mighty reaper... The day death strikes one of them, I hope they go out like the Grateful Dead did with "The Other Ones"/"The Dead"/"Dead & Company" and just tour as "The Stones"! As long as Mick is there, I'm there! (I'm late to the party and have only seen the band 4 times, so I'm willing to consider any new alternative that should spring up. Yup.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-09 04:10 by diverseharmonics.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: June 7, 2018 03:56

mtaylor
If they are Ok physically next year they will tour a few cities in US.

Let us pray....

Posted by: RollingStonesFan ()
Date: June 7, 2018 08:14

Irix
powerage78

Sorry but the Stones, just my opinion, are Mick and Keith.

The Stones w/o Charlie & Ronnie would sound then like AXL/DC .... winking smiley

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: samMuc ()
Date: June 7, 2018 10:10

Irix
powerage78

The Stones w/o Charlie & Ronnie would sound then like AXL/DC .... winking smiley

Wich wasn' t as bad as many expected. In my opinion Brians voice is done for quite some time. AC/DC live in Donnington was the Climax. Everything after that sounded pretty bad. Live in Munich 2001 is just aweful.I think Axl did a better job than Brian in recent years. But the perfect singer for them would be Joel O’Keeffe from Airbourne.

Regarding the Stones. To me it's hard to imagine them still beeing the Stones with just one member missing. Realistically we should think about a scenerio where just Mick and Ronnie are left. But that is still somethink for the far future. Just recently I promised my 10 month old daughter her first Rock concert will be the Stones in 2023 smiling smiley

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: June 7, 2018 10:45

2019 tour :

- Orpheum Theatre, Boston
- Aragon Ballroom, Chicago
- Tower Theatre, Upper Darby / Philadelphia
- Radio City Music Hall, NY
- Wiltern Theatre, LA

- Enmore Theatre, Sydney
- Budokan Hall, Tokyo

- Cirkus Krone, Munich
- Cirkus, Stockholm
- Paradiso, Amsterdam
- Olympia, Paris
- Royal Albert Hall, London

- Hyde Park, London

Thank you everyone, and farewell.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: June 7, 2018 11:26

Massimo68
2019 tour :

- Wiltern Theatre, LA

- Enmore Theatre, Sydney
- Budokan Hall, Tokyo

- Cirkus Krone, Munich
- Cirkus, Stockholm
- Paradiso, Amsterdam
- Olympia, Paris

- Hyde Park, London

Sounds about right. You forgot Berlin Waldbühne. Thats a three night stand when they record the Live in Berlin CD/DVD.

Date: June 7, 2018 11:26

Massimo68
2019 tour :

- Wiltern Theatre, LA

- Enmore Theatre, Sydney
- Budokan Hall, Tokyo

- Cirkus Krone, Munich
- Cirkus, Stockholm
- Paradiso, Amsterdam
- Olympia, Paris

- Hyde Park, London

eye rolling smiley

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: June 7, 2018 11:38

Massimo68
2019 tour :

- Wiltern Theatre, LA

- Enmore Theatre, Sydney
- Budokan Hall, Tokyo

- Cirkus Krone, Munich
- Cirkus, Stockholm
- Paradiso, Amsterdam
- Olympia, Paris

- Hyde Park, London

Beside Hyde Park I can't see how they could squeeze the No Filter stage in those venues grinning smiley

Posted by: kevos ()
Date: June 7, 2018 12:52

Surely those screens break down into sections? How else would they transport them from place to place. It perfectly feasible to take a couple of sections out to fit them into smaller venues. However Im more than happy for them to keep doing the large outdoor summer shows.

Posted by: KevinLocksPerm ()
Date: June 7, 2018 13:46

I think after this tour they should do one more show. They should televise it so the world can see. They should perform in an intimate environment. Play the blues songs they loved when they got started. And then say goodbye forever- while we all have no regrets.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 7, 2018 14:25

There will be more shows next year. Warsaw is not the last show.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: June 7, 2018 14:37

Gazza
powerage78
You know I am a huge AC/DC fan, my fav band.
I am experienced so.
The Glimmer Twins would tour together without Charlie or Ronnie. Under the Stones banner certainly.

Not at this stage. No way would they blood replacements now.

At their age, it would be the perfect excuse to stop. The two of them havent been close friends for decades. The motivation wouldnt be there.

Theres no comparison in terms of a band dynamic to ACDC. They replaced their singer for Chrissakes. Twice.

And their drummer and their guitarist.

Date: June 7, 2018 14:45

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-07 14:47 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: kevos ()
Date: June 7, 2018 15:00

bv
Good to know. Any idea or educated guess where they will be?

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: June 7, 2018 15:25

Irix
buttons67

please quit when the times right.

Keith said in the German Rolling Stone: "As long we live, we will go on" -- [iorr.org] .

I hope not. Don't want them to end up like Chuck Berry.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: June 7, 2018 15:34

bv

Thank you.
Thank you, kindly!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 7, 2018 15:36

FrogSugar
Those mentioning the mighty reaper... The day death strikes one of them, I hope they go out like the Grateful Dead did with "The Other Ones"/"The Dead"/"Dead & Company" and just tour as "The Stones"! As long as Mick is there, I'm there! (I'm late to the party and have only seen the band 4 times, so I'm willing to consider any new alternative that should spring up. Yup.)

Jerry Garcia died when he was 53. What were the rest of the band supposed to do with the rest of their lives?

The Stones are already all a generation older than that. To keep performing in a watered down version would be grotesque.

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: June 7, 2018 15:43

Massimo68
2019 tour :

- Wiltern Theatre, LA

- Enmore Theatre, Sydney
- Budokan Hall, Tokyo

- Cirkus Krone, Munich
- Cirkus, Stockholm
- Paradiso, Amsterdam
- Olympia, Paris

- Hyde Park, London

I hope they coming to Asia in 2020.
Then Stones should do first time outdoor show in Japan at Tokyo new national stadium which is now constructing for 2020 Summer Olympic games.

Date: June 7, 2018 15:50

bv

Can you please tell us what Country they might play

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: June 7, 2018 15:58

will there be a new album to support next years tour.

Date: June 7, 2018 16:02

Massimo68
2019 tour :

- Wiltern Theatre, LA

- Enmore Theatre, Sydney
- Budokan Hall, Tokyo

- Cirkus Krone, Munich
- Cirkus, Stockholm
- Paradiso, Amsterdam
- Olympia, Paris

- Hyde Park, London

Special pre sale for all IORR members.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 7, 2018 19:11

hockenheim95
Massimo68
2019 tour :

- Wiltern Theatre, LA

- Enmore Theatre, Sydney
- Budokan Hall, Tokyo

- Cirkus Krone, Munich
- Cirkus, Stockholm
- Paradiso, Amsterdam
- Olympia, Paris

- Hyde Park, London

Beside Hyde Park I can't see how they could squeeze the No Filter stage in those venues grinning smiley

smiling smiley

Maybe the could just hollow one of those towers out placing it on it's side in the parking lot and play inside it with as many people as can fit - maybe 500 standing room only?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-07 19:12 by Hairball.

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: June 7, 2018 20:00

bv

Fantastic news! As you've said, go NOW as you never never know... I certainly have no regrets traveling to places far and further to see the Stones (great life experiences as well as great Stones shows) but I look forward to seeing where the next Stones adventure may bring me!

Posted by: BamaStone ()
Date: June 7, 2018 20:23

In a nutshell, Its all about Health and Motivation at this juncture of their lives the way I see it. Let's Hope So, would love to see them at least one more time close to my area in the States if I can afford, LOL!

Posted by: tommycharles ()
Date: June 7, 2018 20:26

Re: can they fit No Filter indoors - I think given they’re only doing 15 shows at a time these days, stadiums are kind of the only option if they want them to be profitable. I’d be very surprised if we see another 2013 style tour.

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: June 7, 2018 21:49

Gazza
FrogSugar
Those mentioning the mighty reaper... The day death strikes one of them, I hope they go out like the Grateful Dead did with "The Other Ones"/"The Dead"/"Dead & Company" and just tour as "The Stones"! As long as Mick is there, I'm there! (I'm late to the party and have only seen the band 4 times, so I'm willing to consider any new alternative that should spring up. Yup.)

Jerry Garcia died when he was 53. What were the rest of the band supposed to do with the rest of their lives?

The Stones are already all a generation older than that. To keep performing in a watered down version would be grotesque.

If I had to choose between:

1) enjoying a fun night out in a random European city watching/hearing Honky Tonk Women played live by a "watered down" version (Mick +1/+2 main member(s)) of the Stones, or
2) sitting at home on the couch listening/watching to a Stones CD/DVD...again...,

Option 1 is still a helluvalot more appealing!!! (especially as it will likely entail fun travel and not working for 48 hours!)

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: June 7, 2018 22:43

would be great to see those mega screens in stadiums in Nyc, Toronto, Philadelphia, Chicago, Miami, Texas, Mexico, Brasil and Argentina next year...

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 7, 2018 23:11

FrogSugar
Gazza
FrogSugar

If I had to choose between:

1) enjoying a fun night out in a random European city watching/hearing Honky Tonk Women played live by a "watered down" version (Mick +1/+2 main member(s)) of the Stones, or
2) sitting at home on the couch listening/watching to a Stones CD/DVD...again...,

Option 1 is still a helluvalot more appealing!!! (especially as it will likely entail fun travel and not working for 48 hours!)

i've no doubt that you would. I just dont think theres a chance in hell they'd do that.

They'd know themselves that they'd look like a joke. I can see the logic of it had it happened 20 years ago, but when theyre pushing 80 it would be flogging a dead horse

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-07 23:13 by Gazza.

Posted by: GJB ()
Date: June 7, 2018 23:16

I heard from what I consider a very knowledgable source that the current touring contract has insurance for the tour to be cancelled (with the stones not out of pocket) if something happens to Mick, Keith or Charlie but NOT Ronnie. So maybe, this sheds some light into the question of would they continue if something happened to Ronnie at least.

I personally think they would continue if something happened to Charlie. Although I always wonder how much reliance there is on Chuck especially from Mick. I wonder whether Matt Clifford is on hand to direct the band on stage should something happen to Chuck...

From a musical perspective I think replacing Ronnie would be hardest out of Charlie and Ronnie as in the live show he takes a lot of strain off Keith in solos etc and dancing about “putting on a show”. I hope it never comes to any of that... a four piece until the very end at the O2 in London winking smiley!

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: June 8, 2018 00:08

GJB
I heard from what I consider a very knowledgable source that the current touring contract has insurance for the tour to be cancelled (with the stones not out of pocket) if something happens to Mick, Keith or Charlie but NOT Ronnie. So maybe, this sheds some light into the question of would they continue if something happened to Ronnie at least.

More likely that the insurers excluded Ronnie because of his recent cancer history.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2274
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home