Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617
Current Page: 17 of 17
Re: Manchester UK 5-June-2018 Rolling Stones No Filter live updates
Posted by: mikehat ()
Date: June 8, 2018 00:32

rollmops
During LSTNT Mick worked the microphone-stand "old school" style; I like it.
Rockanddoll,
Mops

I noticed him doing this in Southampton for a couple of numbers.
It was great to see.

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: June 8, 2018 00:34

There are some notes during JJF that weren`t there in the first place. This has been going on for some years now. It`s both Mick`s singing and some unneccessary guitar playing. It makes the song more of a lullaby than a wake up call.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-08 00:43 by noughties.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 8, 2018 09:43

Hairball
Shattered seems OK to me, and Ronnie's solo seemed pretty good vs. some versions of the past as it was closer to the studio version, but it was Mick's singing that seemed a bit off to me. Definitely not the greatest sound quality of the video I watched, but it sounded monotone/rappish vs. singing. Again, bad sound quality on video and/or laptop speakers, so maybe he sounded fine, and for that matter maybe Ronnies solo wasn't as good as what I heard. Will listen again later.

That all said, prefer the rambunctious fast versions from 1981 vs. the plodding versions of the latter era.

This video maybe explain Mick's singing being a bit off (I agree with your impression)

[www.youtube.com]

On the other hand the band playing sounds better to me than from the other video

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 8, 2018 09:47

one more thing about Keith's playing. cant find a video in which I dont love his licks this time around

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: June 8, 2018 10:47

Was quite impressed by them in Düsseldorf last year, but blown away this time in Manchester. One of the greatest RS shows I’ve been to since my first one in 1989. Their slower-than-ever performing style, a general tactics adopted for the 2017 European shows, has been fully established now and they nailed it. Midnight Rambler is the greatest-ever version I’ve been treated to, bar none, simply overwhelming. I’ll never forget the moment Mick delved into I Gotta Move.

Another night to remember.

Date: June 8, 2018 10:48

noughties
There are some notes during JJF that weren`t there in the first place. This has been going on for some years now. It`s both Mick`s singing and some unneccessary guitar playing. It makes the song more of a lullaby than a wake up call.

The notes were there in the first place, although they were skipped for 30 years in concert, but they've been back since the late 90s smiling smiley

Here's a little clip from the studio version and one rendition of today (Manchester):

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: June 8, 2018 11:28

DandelionPowderman
noughties

The notes were there in the first place, although they were skipped for 30 years in concert, but they've been back since the late 90s smiling smiley

Here's a little clip from the studio version and one rendition of today (Manchester):

[www.youtube.com]

thumbs up

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: June 8, 2018 12:32

Yes thumbs up
A bit slower though winking smiley

matxil
DandelionPowderman
noughties

[www.youtube.com]

thumbs up

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: June 8, 2018 12:35

powerage78
Yes thumbs up
A bit slower though winking smiley

matxil
DandelionPowderman
noughties

[www.youtube.com]

thumbs up

The 40 Licks-version we hear first in my clip was sped up smiling smiley

You can hear that the keys are different because of that.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: June 8, 2018 12:41

OK.
Anyway, they play slower now.
And no problem with that.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: June 8, 2018 14:03

It sounded similar apart from the tempo. These were too short snippets to show the difference.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 8, 2018 14:26

My Old Trafford Photos from the back of the Pit on the rail, Keith’s side:

[www.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-08 14:28 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: JumpinJimF ()
Date: June 8, 2018 16:49

matxil
DandelionPowderman
noughties

[www.youtube.com]

thumbs up

Hey I like those notes. I'd really miss them if they weren't there.

Date: June 8, 2018 17:20

noughties
It sounded similar apart from the tempo. These were too short snippets to show the difference.

The 40 Licks-version of JJF (the first one in the clip) was sped up.

It's clearly the same notes, although there are some alternations and difference here and there.

Date: June 8, 2018 19:34

I`ve heard the latest Old Trafford clip once again. OK, you`re right considering the mandolin-like guitar. That`s the same, although it may be more up in the mix now. I`m always a bit critical towards a Dylan like bending of the original melody. In the second sentence I think Mick steps down a note in stead of repeating exactly the tone of the first sentence. An exact repetition would have sounded more desperate, and in accordance with the studio version, to say the least. Btw, have you heard Leon Russel`s version from the Concert for Bangla Desh? Now, that`s something!

Date: June 8, 2018 20:28

noughties
I`ve heard the latest Old Trafford clip once again. OK, you`re right considering the mandolin-like guitar. That`s the same, although it may be more up in the mix now. I`m always a bit critical towards a Dylan like bending of the original melody. In the second sentence I think Mick steps down a note in stead of repeating exactly the tone of the first sentence. An exact repetition would have sounded more desperate, and in accordance with the studio version, to say the least. Btw, have you heard Leon Russel`s version from the Concert for Bangla Desh? Now, that`s something!

Mick hasn't sung the JJF-melody since 1968. Quite extraordinary grinning smiley

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 25, 2018 03:48

Not sure if posted already but.. complete Manchester show.

HIGH QUALITY!!
[www.youtube.com]

First RS concert in England for me- Great show!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-25 04:35 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: June 29, 2018 23:41

Anyone have a copy of the official setlist?
Flairville@aol.com

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617
Current Page: 17 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1202
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home