Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617Next
Current Page: 15 of 17
Re: Manchester UK 5-June-2018 Rolling Stones No Filter live updates
Posted by: kevos ()
Date: June 6, 2018 21:32

Great show. Met so many nice folks in the Hotel Football bar, though I didn't win the backstage tour that Jeep were giving away a young family did so that was nice, everyone who played got a free Stones scarf. Crowd were pretty great (for Manchester on a Tuesday) and had a really good laugh with the lads I met at the barrier in GA section.
Highlight for me was Shattered though nobody near me seemed to know it so I had to sing extra loud. LARS was met with great approval the whole stadium sang along so I think that one might be a keeper for the remaining shows. Sasha was loud and clear, maybe she read the tweet I sent her ;-)

If you haven't seen this tour yet you are in for a treat.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: June 6, 2018 21:36

sjs12
keithsman
They were brilliant, i know everyone here will say you are bound to say that but Keith really was great, they all were but i didn't expect Keith to play as solid as he did.
He plays Rock like jazz now, he is slightly behind the beat or something, he looks and sounds like he's going to fall apart but doesn't, its fascinating, i honestly believe he is taking this thing to another dimension lol.
Well you all know i'm a bit mad by now anyway.

Shattered was a great surprise, they did a great job of LSTNT, LARS, GS ( your request worked thank you BV ) all the songs sounded fresh, i still have no time for Miss You ( a snooze fest after the opening chords that goes on and on and on and on....) the sound was excellent from where i was standing and i get the feeling this thing is going to go on for as long as Mick wants it to.
After last night i think ( health permitting ) we got another 5 years left to see this band perform, can't see it stopping now Keith has just been reborn.
No Skull ring, no chatter, so bullshit, Keith just plays and he plays great at last again smoking smiley

I got the impression on the Coventry thread that you're not a fan of Sasha...

That's because sjs12 my annoying little fault finder, you are incapable of comprehending or refuse to comprehend anything i say.
I said i loved the guitar work so much on GS in Coventry that i didn't mind Sasha being down in the mix that night. I also said she and Bernard are irreplaceable as backing singers to thicken Micks voice out and cover him brilliantly, but i'm not so keen on their voices while playing a lead role.
Having said that when i realized Sasha was deliberately being turned down i felt sorry for her as i like her and she must have been hurt by that decision. So i say if she's going to duet up front with Mick, then give her some power through her mic or leave her at the back to do vocal work. Why do people like you constantly go over the same thing to try to come out on top, i don't have the time to constantly repeat myself.
Yes i know she was on a talent show, yes i know most of you love her voice instead if Lisa blah blah blah

BTW Keith's backing vocals were excellent last night , top notch.

Also the crowd were not crap as someone was saying earlier, people singing and dancing and loving every minute of it, perhaps the people that can afford the best tickets at the front aren't always necessarily the most enthusiastic.
Last nights crowd were more enthusiastic than in Paris 2 and 3 imho, a few people annoyingly so.

Looking forward to Cardiff next then Twicks. YAY smileys with beer

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: June 6, 2018 21:40

keithsman
sjs12
keithsman
They were brilliant, i know everyone here will say you are bound to say that but Keith really was great, they all were but i didn't expect Keith to play as solid as he did.
He plays Rock like jazz now, he is slightly behind the beat or something, he looks and sounds like he's going to fall apart but doesn't, its fascinating, i honestly believe he is taking this thing to another dimension lol.
Well you all know i'm a bit mad by now anyway.

Shattered was a great surprise, they did a great job of LSTNT, LARS, GS ( your request worked thank you BV ) all the songs sounded fresh, i still have no time for Miss You ( a snooze fest after the opening chords that goes on and on and on and on....) the sound was excellent from where i was standing and i get the feeling this thing is going to go on for as long as Mick wants it to.
After last night i think ( health permitting ) we got another 5 years left to see this band perform, can't see it stopping now Keith has just been reborn.
No Skull ring, no chatter, so bullshit, Keith just plays and he plays great at last again smoking smiley

I got the impression on the Coventry thread that you're not a fan of Sasha...

That's because sjs12 my annoying little fault finder, you are incapable of comprehending or refuse to comprehend anything i say.
I said i loved the guitar work so much on GS in Coventry that i didn't mind Sasha being down in the mix that night. I also said she and Bernard are irreplaceable as backing singers to thicken Micks voice out and cover him brilliantly, but i'm not so keen on their voices while playing a lead role.
Having said that when i realized Sasha was deliberately being turned down i felt sorry for her as i like her and she must have been hurt by that decision. So i say if she's going to duet up front with Mick, then give her some power through her mic or leave her at the back to do vocal work. Why do people like you constantly go over the same thing to try to come out on top, i don't have the time to constantly repeat myself.
Yes i know she was on a talent show, yes i know most of you love her voice instead if Lisa blah blah blah

BTW Keith's backing vocals were excellent last night , top notch.

Also the crowd were not crap as someone was saying earlier, people singing and dancing and loving every minute of it, perhaps the people that can afford the best tickets at the front aren't always necessarily the most enthusiastic.
Last nights crowd were more enthusiastic than in Paris 2 and 3 imho, a few people annoyingly so.

Looking forward to Cardiff next then Twicks. YAY smileys with beer

Ok ok. Glad you enjoyed it! It was more a nudge to see if your opinion had altered in light of last night.

Date: June 6, 2018 21:44

Also I think general admission is the best fun place to be in any gig. Whilst it is nice to be in at the front, I love the atmosphere on the general pitch.

Date: June 6, 2018 21:52

sjs12
Also I think general admission is the best fun place to be in any gig. Whilst it is nice to be in at the front, I love the atmosphere on the general pitch.

Oh sorry mate i was being a moron just now, i thought the whole show worked really well, total pros , Mick was more energetic than i'd seen him for years, Ronnie too, Charlie really upped his game, i think he just takes a few shows to get match fit.

Yes it was nice to have Sasha back again and the boys played great on GS and Rambler especially, only thing i hope for in the coming shows is for Keith to get a bit more flash movement wise like Ronnie is doing.
Can't blame Keith for concentrating on his playing, its what everyone wants but i like his posing too smoking smiley

You seeing any more shows sjs12 ?

Date: June 6, 2018 22:04

Only Twickenham left for me. Although I went to Poland a couple years ago with work and liked it so maybe I can centre a holiday around the lady gig of the tour...

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: June 6, 2018 22:12

Keith to play as solid as he did. He plays Rock like jazz now, he is slightly behind the beat or something, he looks and sounds like he's going to fall apart but doesn't, its fascinating, i honestly believe he is taking this thing to another dimension lol.

He's putting the "Roll" in Rock and Roll.

Saying more with less, love it!

Date: June 6, 2018 22:16

beachbreak
Keith to play as solid as he did. He plays Rock like jazz now, he is slightly behind the beat or something, he looks and sounds like he's going to fall apart but doesn't, its fascinating, i honestly believe he is taking this thing to another dimension lol.

thumbs upsmileys with beer

Date: June 6, 2018 22:37

sjs12
Only Twickenham left for me. Although I went to Poland a couple years ago with work and liked it so maybe I can centre a holiday around the lady gig of the tour...

Cool , hope you enjoy your last show, i still think the Stones have a little surprise club gig in London to end the tour with, ( possible blue-ray DVD recording ) it makes no sense to possibly end their career in Warsaw, not that there is anything wrong with Warsaw.

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: June 6, 2018 22:57

You Got The Silver, from Pit B

[youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-06 23:00 by Christiaan.

Posted by: drwatts ()
Date: June 6, 2018 23:12

keithsman
beachbreak

He doesn't have to follow time, because he is time.

Posted by: mymick ()
Date: June 6, 2018 23:41

sjs12

Agree the best area this time round is GC or GA for atmosphere.

Date: June 6, 2018 23:42

drwatts
keithsman
beachbreak

He doesn't have to follow time, because he is time.

Maybe that's true drwatts, Linear time doesn't exist, Keith plays like he's aware of that.
When Keith is on like he has been this tour, it's like he rides a wave when he plays and solo's, he's in the tunnel of the wave as its breaking, he just manages to stay on and it takes you to a different place, it feels uneasy and exhilarating at the same time, its on a different frequency to what we are used to.
Not everyone gets it though, they're not ready yet.winking smiley

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: June 6, 2018 23:46

That means Keith could have been off ? Well...
What Tour ?
What show ?
In what IORR review ?
I have never read "Keith is-was off" here.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-06 23:53 by powerage78.

Date: June 7, 2018 00:07

powerage78
What Tour ?
What show ?
In what IORR review ?

You obviously missed the first leg of the tour, then.. smoking smiley

Date: June 7, 2018 00:14

powerage78
What Tour ?
What show ?
In what IORR review ?

Err well most of 07' comes to mind, half of 06' winking smiley

Posted by: DoughboyUK ()
Date: June 7, 2018 00:19

Keep watchin jjf over on youtube at ManU and thinking "boom hows this SAF for a band".
Its just cool as fk seeing the bobby charlton sign on the stand behind keith as he confidently walks down the stage.
This last few weeks the stones are better than the last 15 years. Keith is better than hes been given credit for atm.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: June 7, 2018 00:28

Never clearly in à review.
And always great show...

DandelionPowderman
powerage78
What Tour ?
What show ?
In what IORR review ?

keithsman
powerage78
What Tour ?
What show ?
In what IORR review ?

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: June 7, 2018 00:28

keithsman
powerage78
What Tour ?
What show ?
In what IORR review ?

Yes and much of 2017

Date: June 7, 2018 00:43

sjs12
keithsman
powerage78
What Tour ?
What show ?
In what IORR review ?

Yes and much of 2017

Keith is never all bad, even in 07 at Cardiff he didn't move from his spot but played with such intensity that my brother thought someone else was playing for him lol.
He did have some good moments and good shows in 2017 but i got the feeling he was drinking and that made him wobble a bit at times.
I thought he was brilliant on his two song set in 2017 and he got much better after the first 4 or 5 shows, but this year much he's better in general.

Date: June 7, 2018 00:46

Yes this year he is playing really well!

Date: June 7, 2018 00:50

powerage78
Never clearly in à review.
And always great show...

DandelionPowderman
powerage78
What Tour ?
What show ?
In what IORR review ?

keithsman
powerage78
What Tour ?
What show ?
In what IORR review ?

I think in 07 most of us thought he was on his way out, so perhaps respect for the man came into the reviews, they gave him the benefit because of what he has done rather than how he was playing. No point in kicking a man when he's down.
I felt sad about Keith in 07' he wasn't really there was he, his eyes were gone, he wasn't Keith, the lights were on but no one was home.
He was going through personal pain and shouldn't really have toured that year.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: June 7, 2018 00:57

To Dean Goodman (regarding your Manchester review):

What kind of information do you want to transport with this:

"Some Germans next to me seemed to get vocal during the
“blitzkrieg raged/bodies stank” bit of “Sympathy.”
"

Did these Germans next to you like the idea of the Blitzkrieg or/
and dead stinking bodies of WWII? Or Germans in general? There´s
an undertone I don´t like.

Since when is the nationality here important to describe
(bad) behaviour of people?

What´s the point in repeating that in a concert review?

Maybe they weren´t German, but Swiss or Austrian? Maybe they
were @#$%&, maybe they were just singing a line of a song.

Food for thought.

regards,
TooTough (a German)

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: June 7, 2018 01:03

Just re-read/ or more absorbed the IORR reports Manchester
Holy Toledo live Richard Verve Ashcroft ‘Bittersweet Symphony’ not posting the link don’t know if kosher but what a RS warmup!!!

I LOVE THAT SONG

ETA: seriously rocked my face, the band/ a WOW ‘Bittersweet Symphony’ thru utube

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-07 01:28 by 35love.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 7, 2018 01:33

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 7, 2018 01:45

Thanks, Cristiano!

>>LARGE version<<

Posted by: snorton ()
Date: June 7, 2018 01:56

Cristiano Radtke

[www.instagram.com]

I'm really digging Keith's use of leather jackets this tour.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: June 7, 2018 02:16

It’s a lovely picture of the 4 RS in Manchester, looks to be a signed art piece of a bee behind them, in order to help Manchester (below copied from IloveManchester)

‘The bee emblem has been part of Manchester’s heraldry for over 150 years and is synonymous with the hard-working people of the city, their social cohesion and sense of community, and the city’s pioneering and creatively industrious spirit – pollinating progress and renewal.

The public art trail will run for nine weeks, after which the sponsored bee sculptures will be auctioned off to raise funds for The Lord Mayor of Manchester’s Charity We Love MCR.’

More info
[www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk]

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-07 02:29 by 35love.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 7, 2018 02:33

For those who want to hear Miss You, it starts on 1:00:35 on this video:

Stones Manchester

Posted by: bustabutton ()
Date: June 7, 2018 02:57

I've seen the Stones 16-18 times (can't remember exactly) since the Steel Wheels tour and I've never seen them as musically good as they were at Manchester last night. And I am a professional musician. I couldn't believe my ears, I was laughing out loud from happiness. I was moved. The playing was tight and expressive at the same time. And they seemed to be having so much fun. God Bless and long live The Rolling Stones!
My single Lucky Dip got me into Pit B as well. Met some great fans.
I'll sort through my vids and post soon...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617Next
Current Page: 15 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1184
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home