Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617Next
Current Page: 14 of 17
Re: Manchester UK 5-June-2018 Rolling Stones No Filter live updates
Posted by: 35love ()
Date: June 6, 2018 17:06

HalfNanker
Hairball
undertheradar
Any comments on how Richard Ashcroft's set went?

And wondering what his comment was regarding Allan Klein/Bittersweet Sympathy.
From review posted earlier:

"But, given his band’s row with the Stones’ former manager Allan Klein, over royalties, he couldn’t resist a dig when launching into Bittersweet Symphony on the night".

A little surprised they'd choose him to open and that he'd repay them by bringing up some old wounds.

But they are (re) paying him. Money for the gig, exposure, I’m glad.

Rolling Stones - Manchester UK 5-June-2018
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 6, 2018 17:12

Date: June 6, 2018 17:14

Posted by: Iggyrichards ()
Date: June 6, 2018 17:20

So great to see Mick and Keith next to each other during the after show bow. Haven't see them stand next to each other after a show for a while.

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: June 6, 2018 17:22

DandelionPowderman
spain73
Koen
MickDaseway
what the hell! Where is Keith's skull ring?

May not fit anymore with his arthritis.

The end of the world is coming !!!!

Or a larger ring?

Mmmmhh, I already suspected they were using a body double.

www.rsundercover.eu

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: June 6, 2018 17:24

I don’t know what happened after London #2, but the band got seemingly better. This tour looks to be so much better than last year (which was the best performance I’d seen of them so far - Arnhem).

Cannot wait for Edinburgh smiling smiley

Date: June 6, 2018 17:26

Okay okay no-one put their phone on ‘Miss You’ last night
I wanted to relive my 30’s
when I was driving around in my Mercedes dressed in work heels hanging with my chest out the window smoking a cigarette to cranked up Rolling Stones!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 6, 2018 17:46

Iggyrichards
So great to see Mick and Keith next to each other during the after show bow. Haven't see them stand next to each other after a show for a while.

Yeah, I started to think it might have been some sort of unwritten rule to keep some space between them due to animosity.
Looks like the good old days again, and might bode well when they get back to work on the new album.

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: June 6, 2018 17:47

As we all say, judgments are hard from a little video device but the clips I've watched sound really good. The band sounds tight and even the numbers they haven't done in ages sound good. When was the last time they did Shattered? I realize they're playing to an older crowd these days but the audience is what bugs me in these clips. The Rolling Freaking Stones are playing right in front of them, and they're all just standing there like they're in line at the grocery store. Show some enthusiasm people!

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: undertheradar ()
Date: June 6, 2018 17:50

35love
when I was driving around in my Mercedes dressed in work heels hanging with my chest out the window smoking a cigarette to cranked up Rolling Stones!
>grinning smiley<smileys with beer

Undertheradar
Disclaimer: I was drunk when I wrote this ;-)

Posted by: drwatts ()
Date: June 6, 2018 18:17

maumau
did we really play shattered!!!

Best post ever.

Date: June 6, 2018 18:20

Date: June 6, 2018 18:21

Date: June 6, 2018 18:22

Date: June 6, 2018 18:28

Wow - while there have been many great pics of this show, the one right above is currently my favorite showcasing the massive scale- thanks bye bye johnny. thumbs up

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: June 6, 2018 18:59

35love
HalfNanker
Hairball
undertheradar

"But, given his band’s row with the Stones’ former manager Allan Klein, over royalties, he couldn’t resist a dig when launching into Bittersweet Symphony on the night".

A little surprised they'd choose him to open and that he'd repay them by bringing up some old wounds.

Like Richard said during his (great) gig: stones got nothing to do with it...rolling stones forever!
He did speak ill of the dead though: Allen Klein and Abkco.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: June 6, 2018 19:06

HalfNanker
Hairball
undertheradar

Perfect casting.

Date: June 6, 2018 19:07

WireImage, Shirlaine Forrest

LARGE version

Date: June 6, 2018 19:12

BowieStone
35love
HalfNanker
Hairball
undertheradar

Like Richard said during his (great) gig: stones got nothing to do with it...rolling stones forever!
He did speak ill of the dead though: Allen Klein and Abkco.

I totally support the dude and purchased his music b4 I heard any link w/ RS

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 6, 2018 19:22

35love

Dont give up hope: The Worst from Southampton has only surfaced today, over a week late.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 6, 2018 19:27

HonkeyTonkFlash
As we all say, judgments are hard from a little video device but the clips I've watched sound really good. The band sounds tight and even the numbers they haven't done in ages sound good. When was the last time they did Shattered? I realize they're playing to an older crowd these days but the audience is what bugs me in these clips. The Rolling Freaking Stones are playing right in front of them, and they're all just standing there like they're in line at the grocery store. Show some enthusiasm people!

they the audience (we!) are older. I remember in 1990 how much I dance bounce jump, And I remember last year in Paris..grinning smiley how little though I was in the pit and having fun. I am getting old.
having said that, it is also up to the band to get people moving
but in many clips I have seen people shaking asses even in the back
the band sounds tight and groovy enough to be irresistible I think

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: June 6, 2018 19:44

Beast
35love
Hoping still for a clip of ‘Miss You’
Jagger rapping
>grinning smiley<

Me too! I want to see if I heard right - Mick talking about girls in Mercedes Benzes with their tits hanging out eye popping smiley

It's from a Joey Purp song, Girls

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: cowboytoast ()
Date: June 6, 2018 19:56

the pictures are very cool - there is one with Mick out on the "island" extension part of the stage - and from that perspective the rest of the band looks really far away - but it's hard to judge what it would look like if you were there -

i just wonder that if they miss playing small clubs or if this is just what they are used to doing and there is no nostalgic memories for them as far as that goes-

it would be cool (from my perspective) as they get older if they would just show up places from time to time and play club gigs with no expectations of a stage show or anything - just them doing what they do best - kinda like Blue & Lonesome -

but this is also me doing anything to ignore the work in front of me and goof off with you guys wile i'm at work -

it's still a good thought though...

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: June 6, 2018 19:58

I have gone to see the Stones since 1975 and back then i still stood there
in all of them...Like Gods...They are my idols and I never wanted to miss anything from
seeing Jagger & company by jumping around...Almost like a over load of my senses seeing THE ROLLING STONES.

Other band I didn't care...I be drinking and having a party. BUT THE STONES ARE THE STONES. haha.

Date: June 6, 2018 20:07

cowboytoast
the pictures are very cool - there is one with Mick out on the "island" extension part of the stage - and from that perspective the rest of the band looks really far away - but it's hard to judge what it would look like if you were there -

i just wonder that if they miss playing small clubs or if this is just what they are used to doing and there is no nostalgic memories for them as far as that goes-

it would be cool (from my perspective) as they get older if they would just show up places from time to time and play club gigs with no expectations of a stage show or anything - just them doing what they do best - kinda like Blue & Lonesome -

but this is also me doing anything to ignore the work in front of me and goof off with you guys wile i'm at work -

it's still a good thought though...

There's nothing quite like seeing them in a small club or theater without all the bells and whistles, but if they're gonna go big might as well go BIG!!!
While very small shows might be a thing of the past now, best hope for the future is probably an indoor arena which would seem very intimate in comparison with these massive stadiums.
I have a feeling though that if they return to the US, probably going to be massive stadiums as they can pack in many more people.
But there's always the chance they'll play a small private club show for some wealthy zillionaire.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: June 6, 2018 20:30

They were brilliant, i know everyone here will say you are bound to say that but Keith really was great, they all were but i didn't expect Keith to play as solid as he did.
He plays Rock like jazz now, he is slightly behind the beat or something, he looks and sounds like he's going to fall apart but doesn't, its fascinating, i honestly believe he is taking this thing to another dimension lol.
Well you all know i'm a bit mad by now anyway.

Shattered was a great surprise, they did a great job of LSTNT, LARS, GS ( your request worked thank you BV ) all the songs sounded fresh, i still have no time for Miss You ( a snooze fest after the opening chords that goes on and on and on and on....) the sound was excellent from where i was standing and i get the feeling this thing is going to go on for as long as Mick wants it to.
After last night i think ( health permitting ) we got another 5 years left to see this band perform, can't see it stopping now Keith has just been reborn.
No Skull ring, no chatter, so bullshit, Keith just plays and he plays great at last again smoking smiley

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: June 6, 2018 20:42

keithsman
They were brilliant, i know everyone here will say you are bound to say that but Keith really was great, they all were but i didn't expect Keith to play as solid as he did.
He plays Rock like jazz now, he is slightly behind the beat or something, he looks and sounds like he's going to fall apart but doesn't, its fascinating, i honestly believe he is taking this thing to another dimension lol.
Well you all know i'm a bit mad by now anyway.

Shattered was a great surprise, they did a great job of LSTNT, LARS, GS ( your request worked thank you BV ) all the songs sounded fresh, i still have no time for Miss You ( a snooze fest after the opening chords that goes on and on and on and on....) the sound was excellent from where i was standing and i get the feeling this thing is going to go on for as long as Mick wants it to.
After last night i think ( health permitting ) we got another 5 years left to see this band perform, can't see it stopping now Keith has just been reborn.
No Skull ring, no chatter, so bullshit, Keith just plays and he plays great at last again smoking smiley

I got the impression on the Coventry thread that you're not a fan of Sasha...

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 6, 2018 20:53

Here's a well filmed video with parts of Jumpin' Jack Flash, Just Your Fool, Let's Spend the Night Together, Like A Rolling Stone and Miss You:

The Rolling Stones in Old Trafford June 5, 2018

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 6, 2018 21:26

Cristiano Radtke
Here's a well filmed video with parts of Jumpin' Jack Flash, Just Your Fool, Let's Spend the Night Together, Like A Rolling Stone and Miss You:

removed by user now sad smiley

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 6, 2018 21:31

maumau
Cristiano Radtke

removed by user now sad smiley

That was fast! confused smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617Next
Current Page: 14 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1709
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home