Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Rock/Metal World Cup 2018
Posted by: Vronxi ()
Date: June 3, 2018 22:31

98 Bands, 32 Nations, 8 Groups, but there can only be one World Champion.

We are a couple of rock/metal addicts from Austria - I am the Stones addict here to be honest with you ;-) - and we are organising something called Rock/Metal World Cup 2018.
During the "Qualifications Round" there are 3 nominees for each of the competing countries, which equal the nations qualified for the soccer world cup 2018. The Band with the most votes will represent their country at the Rock/Metal World Cup. The Rolling Stones are one of the nominees for England so I thought I just ask BV if I could post this in the forum, to activate the Stones Fanbase. You can now vote for your favourite band on our homepage rockblog.at. There you will also find more information about our project.

The online votings for the actual Rock/Metal World Cup will run parallel to the soccer world cup match schedule so the first "match" or as we call it Bandbattle is Saudi Arabia vs Russia followed by Egypt vs Uruguay.

We are running this project just for fun and out of curiosity. We asked ourselves whether we could find good rock bands from countries which are not really famous of having a vivid rock scene. And that's how the whole project started.

So don't forget to vote for your favourite band on rockblog.at

Vronxi

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1802
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home