Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
songs performed in 2018 – overview
Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 3, 2018 01:01

Before They Make Me Run 5
Brown Sugar (every show)
Dead Flowers 2
Fool To Cry 1
Get Off Of My Cloud. 1
Gimme Shelter (every show)
Happy 3
Honky Tonk Women (every show)
It's Only Rock'n Roll (every show)
Jumping Jack Flash (every show)
Just Your Fool 5
Let’s Spend The Night Together 4
Like A Rolling Stone 3
Midnight Rambler (every show)
Miss You (every show)
Neighbours 1
Paint It Black (every show)
Ride 'Em On Down 4
Satisfaction (every show)
Shattered 1
She's A Rainbow 1
Slipping Away 1
Start Me Up (every show)
Street Fighting Man 3
Sweet Virgina 1
Sympathy For The Devil (every show)
The Worst 3
Tumbling Dice (every show)
Under My Thumb 3
Wild Horses 2
You Can't Always Get…. (every show)
You Got The Silver 4
i.e. 32 songs in 8 shows à 19 songs - not too bad (Keith 5 different songs out of 16 performed songs)

songs not performed in 2017 are in red

some more statistics about the setlist variation
(new songs compared to previous concert / new songs for this tour (2018)
Dublin................... 4 (comapred to Paris 25.10.17) / 19
London I................. 4 / 4
London II................ 6 / 3
Southampton.............. 3 / 1
Coventry................. 6 / 2
Manchester............... 4 / 1
Edinburgh................ 5 / 1
Cardiff.................. 5 / 1
Twickenham
Berlin
Marseille
Stuttgart
Prague
Warsaw

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-17 13:32 by slewan.

Re: songs performed in 2018 – overview
Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: June 3, 2018 01:03

good job, thanks

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: June 3, 2018 11:08

Great thread, thank you.

Posted by: philrock90 ()
Date: June 3, 2018 11:19

It seems like they are really testing themselves with set list change and different openers it really is great stuff

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: June 4, 2018 07:40

I think Happy should be twice

Posted by: kwoznica ()
Date: June 4, 2018 09:35

Happy was in London 2 and Coventry

Date: June 4, 2018 13:24

kwoznica
Happy was in London 2 and Coventry

corrected - thanks

smoking smileyRe: songs performed in 2018 – overview
Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 4, 2018 13:29

I love the setlists , if I had been traveling and seeing a few Euro shows I would be most certainly delighted with the choices of songs that are being rotated . Good job Glimmer Twins

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: June 4, 2018 18:12

good variation, but still the same 13 songs every show from 19.

and i noticed, of the 29 songs, only 4 come from the brian jones era, not a surprise really.

Re: smoking smileyRe: songs performed in 2018 – overview
Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: June 4, 2018 19:15

TheGreek
I love the setlists ...

Ugh! It drives me crazy! I can't stand their setlists. Not that I don't love the songs, just that it never changes, for the most part. The ones on "every show" have been that way for years now! TAKE THEM OUT! ALL OF THEM!

Posted by: kevos ()
Date: June 4, 2018 19:17

This is great info. Thanks so much. Not really sure why Rambler, Dice & Miss You are done every show nowadays? If its cos they think they are crowd pleasers There are certainly others more well known that they could churn out every night.

Anyway whatever they play Im just blessed to be going tomorrow, been waiting 5 years since Hyde Park. I wish I had of done the 14 On Fire tour but was too nervous to travel alone.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: June 4, 2018 19:36

kevos
This is great info. Thanks so much. Not really sure why Rambler, Dice & Miss You are done every show nowadays? If its cos they think they are crowd pleasers There are certainly others more well known that they could churn out every night.

Anyway whatever they play Im just blessed to be going tomorrow, been waiting 5 years since Hyde Park. I wish I had of done the 14 On Fire tour but was too nervous to travel alone.

Agreed on Miss You. Maybe Mick craves the audience participation aspect, but it can feel like the intensity is being sucked out of the arena for me during that song. Though it is long enough to at least allow for a restroom break and a beer run. (those used to be reserved for Keef's set, but the last several years Keef has been so much more into it)

Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: June 4, 2018 19:48

I hope Dead Flowers and You Got The Silver will be played by all shows, really. classic tunes, more needed than even Rambler. Rambler runs by 12 minutes - it could give 3 songs in set, really smiling smiley I am not malcontent, I just thought about it smiling smiley

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: June 4, 2018 19:59

kevos

For me, MR is an absolute highlight. I loved it at London Stadium 1 and 2 with Ronnie on fire. But let me agree I don't need Miss You everytime nor - sacrilege - TD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-04 20:05 by exhpart.

Posted by: tommycharles ()
Date: June 4, 2018 20:03

kevos
This is great info. Thanks so much. Not really sure why Rambler, Dice & Miss You are done every show nowadays? If its cos they think they are crowd pleasers There are certainly others more well known that they could churn out every night

Dice has been done every night since it was released, I’m pretty sure. It’s one of those (along with Rambler and JJF) that they always seem to play really well, even on a bad night. I think they keep it in because it’s super reliable, more than because the crowd all know it.

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: June 4, 2018 20:28

LeonidP
TheGreek
I love the setlists ...

Ugh! It drives me crazy! I can't stand their setlists. Not that I don't love the songs, just that it never changes, for the most part. The ones on "every show" have been that way for years now! TAKE THEM OUT! ALL OF THEM!

So, you are seriously expecting the band to play 'deep cuts' at these shows?
Shows were maybe about 2/3 of the people have never seen the band before and want to see what these 'old rockers' are capeable of, you want the band to only serve YOU and YOUR needs and not everybody else's.

I am seriously tired of the hardcore fanbase sometimes. They expect every damn tour, show, record re-release and event to be personally designed for them only.
And when there are eventually something coming out to satisfy the fanbase, such as Totally Stripped or San Jose or whatever, then it's only complaining from day one about what is not included or what is left out. No wonder the band stopped listening to us years ago and do what they want.

Date: June 4, 2018 21:53

there more changes in the setlist than last year (6 vs. 2-3 slots). But I agree that they should drop at least some their hits. For example a rotation of JJF/Brown Sugar/Satisfaction or Start Me Up/Paint It Black/Sympathy would be nice (and my guess is that most of the casul fans wouldn't even notice if one or two or these songs are missing).

Posted by: carouslambra ()
Date: June 4, 2018 22:45

Blueranger
LeonidP
TheGreek
I love the setlists ...

Shows were maybe about 2/3 of the people have never seen the band before and want to see what these 'old rockers' are capeable of, you want the band to only serve YOU and YOUR needs and not everybody else's.

I am seriously tired of the hardcore fanbase sometimes. They expect every damn
tour, show, record re-release and event to be personally designed for them only.
And when there are eventually something coming out to satisfy the fanbase, such as Totally Stripped or San Jose or whatever, then it's only complaining from day one about what is not included or what is left out. No wonder the band stopped listening to us years ago and do what they want.

Well said

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: June 4, 2018 22:53

carouslambra
Blueranger
LeonidP
TheGreek
I love the setlists ...

tour, show, record re-release and event to be personally designed for them only.

Well said
+1

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: June 5, 2018 02:30

im all for respecting the casual fan just as much as the hardcore fan, and so leaving a lot of well know war horses in is ok, but the casual fan has is also aware of songs that rarely get played

19th nervous breakdown
have you seen your mother baby
the last time
its all over now
time is on my side
not fade away
as tears go by
lady jane

so why dont we have more of these songs.

Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: June 5, 2018 04:48

carouslambra
Blueranger
LeonidP
TheGreek
I love the setlists ...

Well said

+2

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: June 5, 2018 18:34

Blueranger
LeonidP
TheGreek
I love the setlists ...

I am seriously tired of the hardcore fanbase sometimes. They expect every damn tour, show, record re-release and event to be personally designed for them only...

Not just for me ... how about for themselves? There's no way they can't be sick of playing, for example, JJF every single show for the past 40 years. I am sick of those that think they HAVE to play them ... they don't. Their catalog is pretty vast the last time I checked. How about substituting a Mother's Little Helper, 19th Nervous Breakdown, Ruby Tuesday ... for Satisfaction & JJF & HTW? Do you really think the crowd would not respond? Ridiculous!

Even more ridiculous is how anyone can possibly prefer to hear Honky Tonk Women, however great it is, for the 2000th time over a 19th Nervous Breakdown rarity.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: June 5, 2018 19:06

With respect, LeonidP, but I would consider as ridiculous the idea of a Stones gig without JJF, HTW and "Satisfaction"...

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: June 5, 2018 19:08

Well spoken LeonidP.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: June 5, 2018 19:11

I just believe that they could play "Dead Flowers" every gig (or almost), until the end of the current tour. It works very well live IMO. And I think it's one of the 3-4 best country - rock songs, ever written.

Posted by: undertheradar ()
Date: June 5, 2018 20:04

As much as I would dig a deep cut gig..a lot of these No Filter songs are my favourites.These classic songs are now part of their DNA,their babies as they call them...they are very proud of them and want to show them off at every opportunity.
As much as I like some new songs/artists in this era out of coice I still mainly return to playing the same old songs I like. I play guitar (badly) and like to try out new songs but still return to the same songs that I first wznted to learn. I have all The Rolling Stones albums but on the whole, stick to a core six or seven on regular play. There are of course tracks on the other albums I adore but I do sometimes forget about them.

Whilst maintaing a Comfort Zone may seem boring to some, the truth is we all tend to gravitate to our own in some shape or other. The reason why I continue to largely play the same songs/albums is because I love them they are now part of my DNA.

We all have our own annoying habits and indeed even my good lady wife has a few that technically annoy me but I am ever grateful I get to see them every day!

Maybe The Rolling Stones aren't necessarily playing to the masses, maybe, just maybe they love those songs too!

My only concern is that I may never get to hear those songs played live again.

Posted by: Gerry ()
Date: June 5, 2018 23:36

I've listening some of the live cds in the last days. I hear, that the audience will be more enthusiastic, when the first riff of Brown Sugar, JJF, Satisfaction starts.

As in the last posting mentioned, these are real classics of musics and of course if I attend a concert from the Stones, I want to hear these classics again. Some more, some less.

The only thing, that we can complain about, that the guys are in the 70ies now and they won't be able to play 2,5 hours-shows where space is for 4-5 songs more.

Of course I want also to hear some songs which I will never hear live. They aren't Bruce Springsteen or Pearl Jam, whom change their setlists every night and you are not sure, which songs you will hear.

Date: June 6, 2018 13:26

updated 6/6/18

Posted by: RollingStonesFan ()
Date: June 6, 2018 13:52

LeonidP
TheGreek
I love the setlists ...

To how many shows have you been so far, this year?

Posted by: novica ()
Date: June 6, 2018 15:41

Can't you hear me knocking, not even once ?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1747
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home