Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617Next
Current Page: 15 of 17
Re: Coventry UK 2-June-2018 Rolling Stones No Filter live updates
Posted by: 35love ()
Date: June 3, 2018 20:25

There was also a ‘kitchen door’ in ‘You Got The Silver’

I don’t have anything else to say,
I’m emotional from the show/ RS/
having to tell my kids I’m leaving in 2 weeks
they think I am co co nuts
LOL

Rolling Stones - Coventry UK 2-June-2018
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 3, 2018 20:37

With Tony Iommi:

Had a fantastic night at the Stones show and it was so nice to see my old friends.

Tony

[twitter.com]

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: June 3, 2018 20:42

maumau
keithsman
maumau
Any comments on Keith's playing here?
I mean, any anal ytical 5 pages long discussion on Keith's playing based on this?

[www.youtube.com]

Wonder why

it must be my wine smileys with beer

No its not your wine, what Ronnie and Keith just achieved there was immense, i am just in awe, what are they doing saving there best till last, weaving like never before ?, i've never heard Wood play like this, its as though every time he goes out on stage its for the last time, as though time is almost out and he's going to do it one more time better than ever , he is a man possessed right now, i know he makes a mess of the odd solo but his interlocking playing with Keith is like a glorious never ending solo that lasts two hours.

Yes maumau this sort of guitar work in GS deserves 5 pages of in depth praise.

In fact i'm pleased Sasha is turned down so i can her it all properly, it doesn't even need a vocal on it, its beautiful , full of emotion and depth, just love Ronnie and Keith's face and expression of concentration, oh i just can't wait to see them Tuesday.

Yes me too was happy to hear the music over her voice

have nothing against her but dont like particularly her style, miss lisa though I have become a bit tired in the years of the gs gimmick and choreography

so yeah this is something that strikes me too in the coventry clip, the fact that I realized there's no need no vocal in that coda

super

I think Sasha is a brilliant back up vocalist, but like Bernard i don't so much enjoy her vocals playing a lead role, they are irreplaceable in doing what they do to thicken Micks vocals, and they mesh really well with the music and the band, but give me Lisa any day when it comes to GS.

I don't think its a mistake each night with the engineers when it comes to Sasha being hard to hear on GS, i would imagine Mick has requested it for some reason, perhaps he doesn't want to strain his voice trying to sing over her or up to her level. She really does make a not so nice to the ear sound when she lets rip on Shelter.
I've thought it from the start but didn't want to sound negative about her, she's a lovely girl.

Re: Rolling Stones - Coventry UK 2-June-2018
Posted by: runaway ()
Date: June 3, 2018 20:44

bye bye johnny
With Tony Iommi:

Had a fantastic night at the Stones show and it was so nice to see my old friends.

Tony

[twitter.com]

Cool pic and thanks for posting 3 Greats

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-03 21:58 by runaway.

Date: June 3, 2018 20:45

What is charlie wearing? Is it a shirt of a suit jacket? Never seen this (talking about his on stage action photos)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-03 20:46 by PaintMonkeyManBlack.

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: June 3, 2018 20:47

That's absolute rubbish. Why would Mick keep her if he didn't think she was any good? Surely the stones could have any singer they want? Why would they choose and then keep one who they don't like. Sorry, but sometimes people say the most stupid things on this forum and this is a prime example.

Date: June 3, 2018 20:50

odean73

The other thing, how does Mick still do it, his movement and dancing is unreal for a guy his age.

Could not agree more , he is starting to defy the laws of gravity, i just don't know how its possible to do what he does the way he does it at 75.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 3, 2018 20:55

Happy birthday Ronnie! Happy birthday Charlie. Great show in Coventry!

Reports are now updated here:

[iorr.org]

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-03 20:55 by bv.

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: June 3, 2018 21:03

Hi Bjornulf,

Hats off for capturing the expression on Basher’s boat: priceless!

Cheers,

Simon.

Posted by: hilary ()
Date: June 3, 2018 21:03

Why during this tour Keith didn't do his usual greeting before starting to sing his set list? did anyone notice that?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 3, 2018 21:04

laertisflash
The end of the article:

"Nights like these, with icons of music, might be lost in years to come, so we must seize upon these opportunities to create lasting memories..".

120% true...

And the beginning of the atricle:

"One day in the not-so-distant future, jaw-dropping evenings like these could be an experience only kept alive in our memories".

For those of us who have seen them throughout the years and lived through it all like most of us here who have a lifetime of memories already, it's not as pressing of an issue to "seize upon these opportunities".
But for those who have never experienced the Rolling Stones live you better get your asses in gear and see them while they're still here - doesn't matter what skill level they're at in these late years.
The Rolling Stones live in concert...something to behold and cherish...even these days...see them while you can or you'll be missing out on the eight wonder of the world...or maybe they're the 9th wonder of the world.
I know it's only rock 'n roll but I like it.....................

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: June 3, 2018 21:09

Wow, just catching up here.
Based on the videos and reviews this looks like a top ten show.
That version of Like a Rolling Stone is fantastic!
Up tempo and Mick looks like he is having a blast up there.
Towards the end of the tune Mick shares the mic with Keef. Great moment, if anyone has photos of that?

Date: June 3, 2018 21:13

sjs12
That's absolute rubbish. Why would Mick keep her if he didn't think she was any good? Surely the stones could have any singer they want? Why would they choose and then keep one who they don't like. Sorry, but sometimes people say the most stupid things on this forum and this is a prime example.

Oh so you think the engineers turned her down three shows in a row by mistake and no one noticed and no one mentioned it to anyone. Funny that we can hear her perfectly the rest of the show doing back up vocals. I already explained my theory , Mick doesn't want to sing too hard while duetting with her and understandably so, it was while Mick was duetting with Florence during Wild Horses that his voice began to crack, Micks voice has struggled towards the end of the last few shows according to people that attended the shows and i just think he doesn't want to get drawn into over reaching .
Just my view, i'm probably wrong.

It's possible even feasible Mick may have requested it for this reason to the engineers, i'm not being an idiot about it, and its a bit late to get rid of anyone now, i said just now that her job of BACK UP vocals is irreplaceable. My God some people on here get all excited and insulting over an opinion that differs to theirs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-03 21:22 by keithsman.

Date: June 3, 2018 21:18

hilary
Why during this tour Keith didn't do his usual greeting before starting to sing his set list? did anyone notice that?

The watershed is 10.30, the Stones come on at 8.30 to do a two hour show, doesn't leave Keith much time to address the audience.

I've noticed him shun a chorus of "olay! olay! olay! olay!" twice already, he just gets on with the show.

Date: June 3, 2018 21:23

bye bye johnny
With Tony Iommi:

Tony

[twitter.com]

Cool pic thanks for posting - three cancer survivors and they all look great. thumbs up

Posted by: hilary ()
Date: June 3, 2018 21:30

keithsman
hilary

The watershed is 10.30, the Stones come on at 8.30 to do a two hour show, doesn't leave Keith much time to address the audience.

I've noticed him shun a chorus of "olay! olay! olay! olay!" twice already, he just gets on with the show.

yes you're right, i was reffering also to his ritual of touching his head,heart and genitals with punches tongue sticking out smiley

Date: June 3, 2018 21:31

keithsman
sjs12

Oh so you think the engineers turned her down three shows in a row by mistake and no one noticed and no one mentioned it to anyone. Funny that we can hear her perfectly the rest of the show doing back up vocals. I already explained my theory , Mick doesn't want to sing too hard while duetting with her and understandably so, it was while Mick was duetting with Florence during Wild Horses that his voice began to crack, Micks voice has struggled towards the end of the last few shows according to people that attended the shows and i just think he doesn't want to get drawn into over reaching .

It's possible even feasible Mick may have requested it for this reason to the engineers, i'm not being an idiot about it, and its a bit late to get rid of anyone now, i said just now that her job of BACK UP vocals is irreplaceable. My God some people on here get all excited and insulting over an opinion that differs to theirs.

I didn't mean to insult anyone but the reasoning makes no sense. I could understand it on the duet parts but not the solo. A more likely scenario is that it sounds ok from the sound desk but not elsewhere. It's not just that she was a bit quiet. She was practically inaudible. If Mick had conspired to do that on purpose then my opinion of him would nosedive considerably as it is really unprofessional. But I don't believe that's the case.

Date: June 3, 2018 21:34

In addition, the out front mix has no bearing at all on Mick, how he sings or "competes".

The on stage monitoring is all separate and done from a different set of engineers on a different desk.

If Mick wants, he can ask for his monitor feed to have none of her vocals in during the solo part, bearing in mind he stays back on the main stage when she does her stuff.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-03 21:37 by sjs12.

Date: June 3, 2018 21:36

sjs12
Sasha is an extremely talented singer and the vocals she does in this spot are great. As BV says in his review, much more like the original Merry Clayton version snd much more down to earth than the Lisa versions in recent years where it just seemed like she was bored with the song. Don't get me wrong, Lisa was great but I want to hear Sasha.

Totally agree with you and bv on all counts, and the times I've seen Sasha sing the solo part I've been blown away in it's purity and authenticity.
Not knocking Lisa, but she turned it all into an operatic thrill ride - sounding like Mariah Carey hitting the highest notes.
A shame they've turned her down if true, and if Mick can't keep up with her that reflects badly on him and not Sasha.

Date: June 3, 2018 21:42

hilary
keithsman
hilary

yes you're right, i was reffering also to his ritual of touching his head,heart and genitals with punches tongue sticking out smiley

Oh yes sorry, i hadn't noticed that until you just mentioned it.
Maybe sober Keith is less sociable winking smiley, who knows, i just get the feeling he wants to let his fingers and voice do the talking this tour.
I'm very impressed although i'm hoping as he gets more confident he will start moving about the stage more.

Date: June 3, 2018 21:46

sjs12
keithsman
sjs12

I didn't mean to insult anyone but the reasoning makes no sense. I could understand it on the duet parts but not the solo. A more likely scenario is that it sounds ok from the sound desk but not elsewhere. It's not just that she was a bit quiet. She was practically inaudible. If Mick had conspired to do that on purpose then my opinion of him would nosedive considerably as it is really unprofessional. But I don't believe that's the case.

I see what you mean, would it be difficult for them to give her full volume on the solo part of GS and then turn her down on the same mic for the duet.
Its like they have just turned that mic down.
It is a puzzle, interesting to see if its rectified in Manchester, i think four times in a row would mean its on purpose.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: June 3, 2018 21:47

It is inevitably voluntary and decided before the show. Quite disturbing and certainly hurtful to Sasha.

Ps: and sorry but Merry Clayton will be always the one

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-03 21:54 by powerage78.

Date: June 3, 2018 21:49

sjs12
In addition, the out front mix has no bearing at all on Mick, how he sings or "competes".

The on stage monitoring is all separate and done from a different set of engineers on a different desk.

If Mick wants, he can ask for his monitor feed to have none of her vocals in during the solo part, bearing in mind he stays back on the main stage when she does her stuff.

Bearing that in mind i think my theory sucks now, sorry about that.

But Mick surely still needs to sing harder to come across to the audience when Sasha is going full pelt regardless of Micks on stage monitoring from a different set of engineers. He still needs to compete unless Sasha is turned down.
Reading BV's review and a few other reviews i got the impression they thought Sasha had been deliberately turned down and was asking for her to be turned up at the next show.

Anyway great review BV and Dean and some of those pictures were amazing, thank you to all concerned.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-03 22:34 by keithsman.

Date: June 3, 2018 21:55

Hairball
sjs12
Sasha is an extremely talented singer and the vocals she does in this spot are great. As BV says in his review, much more like the original Merry Clayton version snd much more down to earth than the Lisa versions in recent years where it just seemed like she was bored with the song. Don't get me wrong, Lisa was great but I want to hear Sasha.

Totally agree with you and bv on all counts, and the times I've seen Sasha sing the solo part I've been blown away in it's purity and authenticity.
Not knocking Lisa, but she turned it all into an operatic thrill ride - sounding like Mariah Carey hitting the highest notes.
A shame they've turned her down if true, and if Mick can't keep up with her that reflects badly on him and not Sasha.

To be honest Hairball when i yearn for Lisa these days it's for the old Lisa before the operatic thrill ride.
She was the perfect girl on GS at one time, when i think of her duet at the Paradiso (amsterdam 1995) it puts shivers down my spine.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 3, 2018 22:09

bye bye johnny
With Tony Iommi:

Tony

[twitter.com]
]

Three legends!

Thanks for posting that photo, bye bye johnny. It made the Sunday even better. smileys with beer

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: June 3, 2018 22:36

keithsman
It is a puzzle, interesting to see if its rectified in Manchester, i think four times in a row would mean its on purpose.

Already four times (London 1 & 2, Southampton and now reportedly Coventry). Not sure about Dublin. But it was the same at all three shows I attended.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: June 3, 2018 22:39

keithsman
hilary

And he can’t have us all boo hoo hoo’ing in our hankies
‘On with the show’ he says rightly

Date: June 3, 2018 22:42

nobodyimportant
keithsman

Already four times (London 1 & 2, Southampton and now reportedly Coventry). Not sure about Dublin. But it was the same at all three shows I attended.

So i am right then, its intended. Does this mean i'm not stupid after all winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-03 22:47 by keithsman.

Date: June 3, 2018 22:53

keithsman
sjs12

But Mick surely still needs to sing harder to come across to the audience when Sasha is going full pelt regardless of Micks on stage monitoring from a different set of engineers. He still needs to compete unless Sasha is turned down.
Reading BV's review and a few other reviews i got the impression they thought Sasha had been deliberately turned down and was asking for her to be turned up at the next show.

Anyway great review BV and Dean and some of those pictures were amazing, thank you to all concerned.

I don't think there ous anything wrong with Mick's voice on this. The only issue is that the out front mix is wrong.

Date: June 3, 2018 23:21

sjs12
keithsman
sjs12

I don't think there ous anything wrong with Mick's voice on this. The only issue is that the out front mix is wrong.

I didn't say there was anything wrong with Micks voice on this, its great, but i don't think the engineers wouldn't make a mistake 4 times in a row on the out front mix.
Its more than likely Mick has requested them to turn Sasha down.
Ok we agree to differ.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617Next
Current Page: 15 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1569
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home