Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 17
Re: Coventry UK 2-June-2018 Rolling Stones No Filter live updates
Posted by: Promoman2 ()
Date: June 3, 2018 02:03

[youtu.be] Ride em on Down
[youtu.be] Miss You
[youtu.be] Gimme Shelter
[youtu.be] Like a Rolling Stone
[youtu.be] Brown Sugar
[youtu.be] Paint it Black
[youtu.be] Dead Flowers
[youtu.be] Happy
[youtu.be] Start me Up
[youtu.be] You Got the Silver
[youtu.be] Honky Tonk Women

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 3, 2018 02:05

Great show, great crowd. Mick worked his socks off and RONNIE - just WOW!!

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: June 3, 2018 02:08

What a fantastic show!! All the band on top form, especially Mick and Charlie. They all seemed to be in a great mood and having lots of fun. And the Coventry crowd were brilliant - really up for a good time. I loved it. Only criticism was that Sasha's mic in Gimme Shelter was too quiet again...

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: June 3, 2018 02:21

On my way home now.
After seeing an arena show on the Licks tour (Manchester Arena) I swore my time watching the Stones was over. I didn’t go to Bigger Bang. But tonight and Southampton have just blown me away. Tonight for me was better than 3 shows in 1990 and Voodoo Lounge. Keith is back with something to prove and he’s done it. The posing on the licks tour I lost a lot of respect for him. But this tour he’s
Killed it. Total respect to him. I think like a lot of people here I had so much invested in KR over the years that his decline and lack of recognition of that decline really bothered me and made me question him and by extension my belief in him. But this tour he has proved he does have professional pride and a desire to actually earn his money and not just coast which I believe he did for a long long time. Roll on Manchester

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: June 3, 2018 02:24

Quick Youtube-critic comments:

Brown Sugar sounds really good and energetic. (Charlie once again made sure to increase the tempo after Keiths intro)

Micks voice sounds a bit tired on Start Me Up, as it often does nowadays.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: June 3, 2018 02:25

This appeared to be one stellar friggin show ...

Saw a few of the clips.. (& Paint It Black = Just Wow).

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: June 3, 2018 02:35

The close up clips are marvelous.
‘YGTS’ ‘LARS’ open ‘SFM’
Thank you.

Posted by: majomuc ()
Date: June 3, 2018 02:55

Very enjoyable - loved Dead Flowers.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 3, 2018 03:00

Promoman2
[youtu.be] Miss You
[youtu.be] Gimme Shelter
[youtu.be] Brown Sugar
[youtu.be] Dead Flowers
[youtu.be] Happy
[youtu.be] Start me Up

Great videos! Thank you very much! smileys with beer

Posted by: mymick ()
Date: June 3, 2018 03:05

Fantastic gig and venue was good too. Stage seemed high so we moved back to get a perspective of whole stage. Plus my singing and dancing was annoying a lady in the pit who was trying to film the gig!! The band were all on top form tonight and were really enjoying themselves. A great time had by all. Thank you boys a night to rememberhot smiley

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: June 3, 2018 03:09

black n blue
No surprises here.

Exactly. So predictable Oh well

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: June 3, 2018 03:10

Just back from Coventry and I'm home in Southampton now.

First impressions:

Wow that was a great and LOUD show. We drew nosebleeds in the LD but that was fine as I had my 13 year old daughter with me. I wish I'd brought some earplugs for her though. I can't remember a stones show that was this loud! I think it has to do with the relatively small venue with a very large roof covering all the stands. It was clear as a bell though. (Although my ears are ringing which is a first for a stones show.)

SFM was the best version I have ever seen live. It is THE opener as far as I am concerned.

It was also the first time I have seen Dead Flowers live over many years and many shows. It is one of my favourite songs so I was really pleased to hear it at long last.

Midnight Rambler is a highlight once again. God it was loud though.

Mick sang happy birthday for Charlie during the band introductions, which Charlie of course found absolutely horrifying!

The ROlling Stones can also add a new fan to their ranks. My daughter loved it (I wasn't sure if she would). I told her before the gig that they were all older than Nanny and Grandad. Her favourite songs were "the one where the girl singer did a solo and they had videos of riots" (GS), "the one about turning all emo" (Paint it Black), "the one with the fire where the entire stadium filled with smoke and had the woo woos" (SFTD) and "that song where they had the red flashy things half way through" (Midnight Rambler). She also picked picked Dead Flowers but probably just to please me because I was screaming like a girl when they started playing it! That said, she did seem to know all the words so I guess my playing Stones on car journeys has sunk in.

Lastly, "special" mention has to be made about The Specials. Everyone was dancing right to the back of the stadium and I don't think I've seen a support act for the Stones get the entire stadium going like they did.

All in all it was a fantastic night (perhaps better than Southampton?) and after what I think was a decline (or at the very least an increase in inconsistency) over the Licks and Bigger Bang periods, I think they are really on top form. Next up for me is Twickenham and if they keep getting better then I'm in for a real treat.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-03 03:11 by sjs12.

Date: June 3, 2018 03:14

I'll also add that Sasha was almost inaudible on GS solo yet again. SORT IT OUT! (Not you lot, the sound crew...)

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 3, 2018 03:19

Wow, what a night.

Specials were very good and increased the atmosphere.

Street fighting man was such a joy for the opener.

Midnight rambler nailed it.

Gimme shelter, something missing there.

Fantastic day and all family and friends really enjoyed it, and can't say fairer than that.

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: June 3, 2018 03:20

potus43
black n blue
No surprises here.

*rolls eyes, yawns*

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 3, 2018 03:28

Having quickly skimmed through thread, seen the setlist and some great pics, and listened to a few snippets, overall looks like it was a great show.

Glad they kicked off with Street Fighting Man - seems the proper way to blast off with some energy.
As for Like a Rolling Stone, never really liked any of the Stones cover versions of this, but glad they're paying tribute to Master Dylan. Sad to see only one tune from B&L though not surprised, and while the "newest" original song they played tonight is 37 years old, what can you do - if they don't like them and/or don't like to play the latter era material, not much to be said about it anymore. That said, something from ABB would be great, or even their cover version of Harlem Shuffle from Dirty Work would have worked well - maybe someday? Glad to see Dead Flowers, and Keith doing You Got the Silver AND Happy - my two favorite Keith tunes!!!
The long and short of it - any show with SFM, Paint it Black, Dead Flowers, Happy, YGTS, Midnight Rambler, and JJF, is bound to be a good one regardless of how well they play them, and add in a couple other tried and true warhorses and it's one for the history books. Would have enjoyed being there, and with the Specials opening would have been my #1 pick of shows had I chose to see one this tour. Hope everyone who was there had a great time as I'm sure most of you did.

Now will take the time to soak it all in as best I can from my perspective in California - reading thread with all the comments and reviews from those who were there and those were not, and watching clips via youtube.
Thank goodness for this forum which provides those of us who weren't there the opportunity to virtually "be there"...

Date: June 3, 2018 03:29

Promoman2
[youtu.be] Miss You
[youtu.be] Gimme Shelter
[youtu.be] Brown Sugar
[youtu.be] Dead Flowers
[youtu.be] Happy
[youtu.be] Start me Up

Thank you! thumbs up

Posted by: MariannesFriend ()
Date: June 3, 2018 03:32

Great show just a joy to witness professionals working the crowd into a frenzy...gifted entertainers...also a big well done to Ricoh Arena staff and Coventry as hosts. Awesome evening...thank you all.

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: June 3, 2018 03:35

waterrats
"OMG - look who walked in ..."

Twitter

The birthday boy! smileys with beer

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 3, 2018 03:45

potus43
black n blue
No surprises here.

Such predictable comments. Oh well.

Date: June 3, 2018 03:51

Very glad to see Keith playing guitar on You Got The Silver as he's done in other recent performances when he's played it.
But in the Shine a Light movie he sang it without even holding his guitar while only Ronnie played which seemed a bit bizarre at the time.
Anyhow, great version tonight.thumbs up

Posted by: soundboard ()
Date: June 3, 2018 03:53

Thanks again BV for this amazing forum

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-03 05:06 by soundboard.

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: June 3, 2018 04:17

Ok, Keith made me cry just now listening to You Got the Silver, that was beautiful! Love that man, love that band!

I couldn't follow the show live today, looks like I missed a really good one.

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: June 3, 2018 04:22

Just magic. Ronnie on fire. Keith looking so well and a beautiful version of You got the silver. Birthday boy Charlie smiling more than I remember ever seeing. Mick just a freak of nature - has he ever been better? Loved my first time in the Pit.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: June 3, 2018 04:32

3). My last one last but I watched a
whole show and now closer ups-
‘Miss You’
Mick on guitar, dance moves
no way is this song ever gettin taken out
but maybe only 10x left
anyway, dude is hot up close playing guitar and checking his harp
‘LARS’ magnificent performance and vocals

*Fred de Graaf video’s on utube have captured the magic—- wow

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-03 04:42 by 35love.

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: June 3, 2018 04:58

Really great show. MR just keeps getting better and I really liked Ride em on down which I had not heard live before.

I was wondering if other people thought the Coventry show was louder than normal? My ears are still ringing even though my seat was pretty far back of the stadium, yet at London 2 i was very close to the main PA and my ears did not ring at all.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-03 05:03 by Ket.

Date: June 3, 2018 05:13

Ket
Really great show. MR just keeps getting better and I really liked Ride em on down which I had not heard live before.

I was wondering if other people thought the Coventry show was louder than normal? My ears are still ringing even though my seat was pretty far back of the stadium, yet at London 2 i was very close to the main PA and my ears did not ring at all.

Yes, this show really was very loud indeed. I was towards the back too and my ears are ringing. It was way louder than any Stones gig I can remember. My guess is that the stadium acoustics trapped the sound inside the stalls (remembering those big line array speakers were pointed directly at us) and also there are not any close residential premises close by so noise limits would have been very relaxed if they existed at all.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: June 3, 2018 05:13

Beast
potus43
black n blue
No surprises here.

Such predictable comments. Oh well.
Such a predictable set as well. another fantastic show as well

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: June 3, 2018 06:31

I saw empty seats in the videos, the crowd seemed timid, and the tempo was slooooooow. All this reminiscing about the old days with the crowd well how about digging into the catalog and pulling out some gems. The show was average at best. Nothing epic about it.

Date: June 3, 2018 06:56

Welll ... Keith is back and
going strong

[www.youtube.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1207
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home