Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021
Current Page: 21 of 21
Re: Southampton UK 29-May-2018 Rolling Stones No Filter live updates
Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: June 1, 2018 10:00

DoomandGloom
The videos coming from this tour show an amazing transformation. No longer a joke or a freakshow this band has really upped it a level. Astounding performances, almost every one I view. In other words, Keith is really back, I never thought he'd get his command but he's once again a force on stage, no longer just playing along and hanging on for life. He deserves all the credit in the world for working his way back to this moment. I believe it took a lot of hard work, he's not leading the band yet but the band is so much more confident that he'll make his parts, it shows in Charlie too being able to lock with Keith once again. Ronnie has been playing excellent as well. Perhaps it was the success of their last album but there's real greatness here. We picked the right band to love.

This post is music to my ears smiling smileysmileys with beer

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: June 1, 2018 15:35

Hairball
bv
Some see errors. Others see a great great band and a great great performance.

And some see both. thumbs up

While the clip I watched of SMU sounded like there was a screw up, I did go on to say that once Mick sang his first "Start Me Up!" everything seemed to fall into place.
Haven't had time to watch other videos of SMU yet, but evidently there's one where SMU sounds flawless from the start? Goes to show that obviously some videos are better in quality than others.

As I previously mentioned, from all the clips that I've seen of the show, looks like it was a great one in a perfect sized stadium!
Would have enjoyed being there, as well as the upcoming Coventry show - the Specials are sure to kick it off with an energetic performance setting the stage for hopefully another great Stones show.
To the lucky folks who were at Southampton, cheers! And to the lucky folks who will be at Coventry, another cheers! And to those who will have been at both - double cheers and hip hip hooray smileys with beer

Yes - it is the variation between nights and the mistakes that make the music more human, edgy and exciting. I don't like music to be metronome perfect.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 1, 2018 15:54

Cristiano Radtke
grzegorz67

It's not just the 2 hours of the Stones being on stage. It's the whole event, build up and social side. Just magic smileys with beer

Very well said! thumbs up

It's always fun when the Stones are on tour, not only for those who are actually at the concerts (and on pre and after parties as well) but also for those who can only follow the updates on the live threads.

Cristiano, it's great to have our very own Rolling Stones radar, picking up and posting all these photos and news updates! I look forward to enjoying them on the 3 shows I'm missing - Berlin, Marseille & Stuttgart.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-01 15:55 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: June 1, 2018 18:17

With Cristiano and a few others I feel as if I'm live at the show...at least almost while following the live threads.
So thank you all once again for providing and posting the good stuff...

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 1, 2018 22:01

sjs12
Hairball
bv
Some see errors. Others see a great great band and a great great performance.

And some see both. thumbs up

While the clip I watched of SMU sounded like there was a screw up, I did go on to say that once Mick sang his first "Start Me Up!" everything seemed to fall into place.
Haven't had time to watch other videos of SMU yet, but evidently there's one where SMU sounds flawless from the start? Goes to show that obviously some videos are better in quality than others.

As I previously mentioned, from all the clips that I've seen of the show, looks like it was a great one in a perfect sized stadium!
Would have enjoyed being there, as well as the upcoming Coventry show - the Specials are sure to kick it off with an energetic performance setting the stage for hopefully another great Stones show.
To the lucky folks who were at Southampton, cheers! And to the lucky folks who will be at Coventry, another cheers! And to those who will have been at both - double cheers and hip hip hooray smileys with beer

Yes - it is the variation between nights and the mistakes that make the music more human, edgy and exciting. I don't like music to be metronome perfect.

Agree. One of the most boring concerts I've ever been to was the Eagles about 10-12 years ago (?). Not a huge fan of them, though can't deny that some of those greatest hits are indeed great, and having grown up listening to them on the radio they have a place in my heart. That said, they played all of it perfect to the point of being sterile, and thought I could have just stayed home and listened on my stereo. The Cars was another one of those concerts in the early-mid '80's - love a bunch of their music but the concert was boring. Similar experience with the few times I've seen McCartney. And Roger Waters - while his shows are nearly identical from night to night, the music itself is tied in very closely with the sensory overload of the visuals and special effects - not much room for improv but still breathtaking. As for the Stones, with Chuck being at the helm and the visual presentation w/the screens, etc, they sometimes can lead towards that, but it's never quite exactly the same. Midnight Rambler is probably the best example of them having total freedom to mix it up, but with a a song like Sympathy they have to pretty much stick to a game plan - but even then Keith rarely plays the same solo (same could be said for his solos on most tunes I suppose - hit or miss). And then you have Ronnie who can sometimes be inconsistent, though these days he's pretty much on way more than off. All in all, still a live breathing machine with human qualities and that's what makes them still enjoyable. Now if they could just add a couple more recent tunes from the latter era, that would be the icing on the cake.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-01 22:01 by Hairball.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 1, 2018 23:53

Southampton Stones travel memories:

[stoneslife.org]

Bjornulf

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 6, 2018 12:57

Finally: The Worst from Southampton

video: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: undertheradar ()
Date: June 6, 2018 13:27

Green Lady
Finally: The Worst from Southampton

video: [www.youtube.com]

Thank you Green Lady.

We were very close to that camera...and the clip just stopped short of me getting caught up in the moment and screaming my gratitude to Keith by shouting " Go on Keith F##king 'av it!" .. Just as the crowd were settling and loud enough to cause a few glances in my direction.. grinning smiley
One of Mrs Radars fondest memory of the show..

Undertheradar
Disclaimer: I was drunk when I wrote this ;-)

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: June 14, 2018 03:33

bv
Southampton Stones travel memories:

[stoneslife.org]

Thanks for sharing, great day! I was at The Standing Order before and after show but headed to smaller pub Heartbreakers nearby, which was also full of Stones fans, more local.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021
Current Page: 21 of 21

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1929
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home