Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021Next
Current Page: 20 of 21
Re: Southampton UK 29-May-2018 Rolling Stones No Filter live updates
Posted by: undertheradar ()
Date: May 31, 2018 19:19

I ain't worried about people who wish to spend their lives complaining..there is always an off button. Why do people torture themselves by constantly watching stuff they don't enjoy ( or have no intention of enjoying)..

I have nothing against a lot of of artist's that I don't take a liking to.. but not once, and I mean not once, have I ever passed comment on their youtube video or fan site to state they are shite or not my cup of tea! ...On the other hand, a good song is a good song and am happy to acknowlegde so.. even if the artist ain't my thing.

Complain's, complaint's....complaint's...Southampton show was so good ( and we have seen a few) that we actually feel somewhat spoilt, so much so we are passing our Coventry tickets to our lads so that they might get an opportunity to find nothing to complain about also...

We are also going to see them in Cardiff.. but if our boys see The Best Show Ever.. at Coventry - we won't complain..- we will be estatic for them.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: May 31, 2018 19:34

As I have already said somethread else, it's like keeping a tight relationship with a person about whom the only thing you can think of is: "Look at her now... OMG how better, cooler and smarter she was 30 years ago..."

and still you want to be around her and her friend and tell them, who still find her fun and beautiful even if time has passed and it shows, how bad she is now and far from her former self

Date: May 31, 2018 19:36

When we said we had nothing to complain about..we meant it.
The guest house we stayed at was great, The owner was great, the breakfast was great, the wifi, free parking and location was Great. The people at Axs booths were great. The stadium security and staff were grea, the people we met in the stadium and around the town were great. Meeting BV was great... All in all everything was great.... If only we could find something to complain about, our lives would be complete spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: May 31, 2018 19:57

And there were so many food and drink stalls outside, it was like a fairground smileys with beer

We were surprised how little there was on offer around London Stadium. The catering was very poor. I know there are tons of places in Westfield, but after picking up our LDs we didn't feel like trekking all the way back there and back again.

Date: May 31, 2018 20:02

Oops spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-31 20:04 by undertheradar.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: May 31, 2018 20:03

undertheradar
I ain't worried about people who wish to spend their lives complaining..there is always an off button. Why do people torture themselves by constantly watching stuff they don't enjoy ( or have no intention of enjoying)..

I have nothing against a lot of of artist's that I don't take a liking to.. but not once, and I mean not once, have I ever passed comment on their youtube video or fan site to state they are shite or not my cup of tea! ...On the other hand, a good song is a good song and am happy to acknowlegde so.. even if the artist ain't my thing.

Complain's, complaint's....complaint's...Southampton show was so good ( and we have seen a few) that we actually feel somewhat spoilt, so much so we are passing our Coventry tickets to our lads so that they might get an opportunity to find nothing to complain about also...

We are also going to see them in Cardiff.. but if our boys see The Best Show Ever.. at Coventry - we won't complain..- we will be ecstatic for them.

Yeah... these whiners clogging every live show thread with their self important BS got old a long time ago. Typically the same 5-10 people who obviously have no life offline seemingly spend every waking moment here posting their drivel... and then defend their right to post thier crap. Many have stated they will no longer go see the band live and don't like any of their music made in the last 30 years... but here they are every live show thread (and most every other thread) spouting their nonsense. It doesn't make any difference how many time they have seen the band, the may have been fans at one time... but the truth shows in their comments, they are not fans of The Rolling Stones anymore.

Every live thread has the same thing... people who went to the show and had a blast, thought it was fun, had a good time... then the usual suspects show up and explain in detail why the show actually sucked and the band is yadda yadda yadda...

Between no more live scopes and the naysayer pollution these live threads have gone from tons of fun, something to look forward to.... to something to roll my eyes to. I used to participate more in the live threads but now I quickly scan for details, read posts from people I trust, while insta-skipping the naysayers posts (who make up 70% of the posts in these threads) because they seemingly copy/paste the same comments they make in every live thread, it is a bore.

Date: May 31, 2018 20:08

nobodyimportant
And there were so many food and drink stalls outside, it was like a fairground smiling smiley-

Yeah we won a goldfish (in batter, of course) with every pie and chip we ordered

Posted by: mikehat ()
Date: May 31, 2018 20:09

undertheradar
The guest house we stayed at was great, The owner was great, the breakfast was great, the wifi, free parking and location was Great. The people at Axs booths were great. The stadium security and staff were grea, the people we met in the stadium and around the town were great. Meeting BV was great... All in all everything was great.... If only we could find something to complain about, our lives would be complete spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

That's all well and good, but Keith played a bad chord!

winking smileygrinning smiley

Date: May 31, 2018 20:12

Leonioid
undertheradar

We are also going to see them in Cardiff.. but if our boys see The Best Show Ever.. at Coventry - we won't complain..- we will be ecstatic for them.

Yeah... these whiners clogging every live show thread with their self important BS got old a long time ago. Typically the same 5-10 people who obviously have no life offline seemingly spend every waking moment here posting their drivel... and then defend their right to post thier crap. Many have stated they will no longer go see the band live and don't like any of their music made in the last 30 years... but here they are every live show thread (and most every other thread) spouting their nonsense. It doesn't make any difference how many time they have seen the band, the may have been fans at one time... but the truth shows in their comments, they are not fans of The Rolling Stones anymore.

Every live thread has the same thing... people who went to the show and had a blast, thought it was fun, had a good time... then the usual suspects show up and explain in detail why the show actually sucked and the band is yadda yadda yadda...

Between no more live scopes and the naysayer pollution these live threads have gone from tons of fun, something to look forward to.... to something to roll my eyes to. I used to participate more in the live threads but now I quickly scan for details, read posts from people I trust, while insta-skipping the naysayers posts (who make up 70% of the posts in these threads) because they seemingly copy/paste the same comments they make in every live thread, it is a bore.

Oh..how I would have loved for them to have played songs from the last 30 years ( like you would not believe).. but am I complaining - hell no

Date: May 31, 2018 20:13

mikehat
undertheradar

Yeah so sue me..lol

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 31, 2018 20:14

bv
Some see errors. Others see a great great band and a great great performance.

And some see both. thumbs up

While the clip I watched of SMU sounded like there was a screw up, I did go on to say that once Mick sang his first "Start Me Up!" everything seemed to fall into place.
Haven't had time to watch other videos of SMU yet, but evidently there's one where SMU sounds flawless from the start? Goes to show that obviously some videos are better in quality than others.

As I previously mentioned, from all the clips that I've seen of the show, looks like it was a great one in a perfect sized stadium!
Would have enjoyed being there, as well as the upcoming Coventry show - the Specials are sure to kick it off with an energetic performance setting the stage for hopefully another great Stones show.
To the lucky folks who were at Southampton, cheers! And to the lucky folks who will be at Coventry, another cheers! And to those who will have been at both - double cheers and hip hip hooray smileys with beer

Date: May 31, 2018 20:16

undertheradar
mikehat
undertheradar

Yeah so sue me..lol
smileys with beer

Date: May 31, 2018 20:19

undertheradar
undertheradar
mikehat
undertheradar

Yeah so sue me..lol
smileys with beer

Just get me pit B tickets for Coventry and Cardiff and we'll call it quits!

smileys with beer

Date: May 31, 2018 20:26

mikehat
undertheradar
undertheradar
mikehat
undertheradar

That's all well

Yeah so sue me..lol
smileys with beer

smileys with beer
Nah...you probably complain that the specials sang some SKA songs or that Cardiff closed the roof. grinning smiley

Date: May 31, 2018 20:33

undertheradar
mikehat
undertheradar
undertheradar
mikehat
undertheradar

That's all well

Yeah so sue me..lol
smileys with beer

smileys with beer
Nah...you probably complain that the specials sang some SKA songs or that Cardiff closed the roof. grinning smiley

>grinning smiley<

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: May 31, 2018 21:31

grinning smiley

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: May 31, 2018 22:09

Leonioid
undertheradar

Completely agree Leonioid, great post. thumbs upsmileys with beer

Date: May 31, 2018 22:49

keithsman
Thanks KM

And I will add... I thought roller99 had a good idea when he said only concert attendees should be able to post in these live threads, especially now that live scopes are extinct... but maybe amend roller's idea to say people who didn't attend are limited to 3 posts, give their opinion, but not flood the threads with their negativity... or something like that. Seems the rule would only apply to 5-6 people who have nothing better to do all day and night than nitpick, dissect and bash on The Stones.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 31, 2018 23:26

Leonioid
keithsman
Thanks KM

And I will add... I thought roller99 had a good idea when he said only concert attendees should be able to post in these live threads, especially now that live scopes are extinct... but maybe amend roller's idea to say people who didn't attend are limited to 3 posts, give their opinion, but not flood the threads with their negativity... or something like that. Seems the rule would only apply to 5-6 people who have nothing better to do all day and night than nitpick, dissect and bash on The Stones.

Fully agreed
Jeroen

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: May 31, 2018 23:40

Leonioid
undertheradar

Fully agree Leonioid.

I have my own way of dealing with the concert thread moaners on this tour....

I've been to all this year's shows so far and I'll be at the next 5grinning smiley

Before the start of the tour, I wondered if I really was this much of a fan and worried I might get burnt out and was it worth such a big hit to my annual holiday allowance so early in the year.

Nope. I'm absolutely loving every minute of itthumbs up

It's not just the 2 hours of the Stones being on stage. It's the whole event, build up and social side. Just magic smileys with beer

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 31, 2018 23:53

So I can only say ‘Mick’s hot’ 3x ?
;-)

It’s been fun for me.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 31, 2018 23:59

grzegorz67

It's not just the 2 hours of the Stones being on stage. It's the whole event, build up and social side. Just magic smileys with beer

Very well said! thumbs up

It's always fun when the Stones are on tour, not only for those who are actually at the concerts (and on pre and after parties as well) but also for those who can only follow the updates on the live threads.

Date: June 1, 2018 01:30

grzegorz67
Leonioid
undertheradar

Fully agree Leonioid.

I have my own way of dealing with the concert thread moaners on this tour....

I've been to all this year's shows so far and I'll be at the next 5grinning smiley

Before the start of the tour, I wondered if I really was this much of a fan and worried I might get burnt out and was it worth such a big hit to my annual holiday allowance so early in the year.

Nope. I'm absolutely loving every minute of itthumbs up

Smartest thing anyone can do is go to all of these... and lucky dips allow that at 1995 prices... If I could have gotten over there I would...

Have fun all you lucky people seeing this tour...
it is not your imagination THEY ARE THAT GOOD!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-01 03:19 by Leonioid.

Posted by: drwatts ()
Date: June 1, 2018 02:23

Bum notes, shmum notes. It's only rock 'n' roll...

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 1, 2018 02:27

Cristiano Radtke

I've found these nice photos from yesterday's concert, which reminded me that great photo of Keith posted by GeorgeV on the Dublin thread:

[www.instagram.com]

Definitely of a very high quality and similar to some of the pics posted by GeorgeV - that one of Keith he posted surrounded by people while in a heavenly glow is one of my favorites I've seen from the last few years.
And this one of Mick at top has a similar quality though not all eyes are glued on him like the Keith pic. The second one above with all three of them out on the catwalk is like the holy trinity...only one missing is Charlie!
Seems that photos from this tour have been amongst the best I've ever seen from a variety of sources, and while closeups are nice, I really like these distant shots that show a portion of the crowd and stadium.
Thanks to all who have taken them, and thanks to all who keep posting them. thumbs up

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: June 1, 2018 03:00

The last photo above is so incredible.

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: June 1, 2018 03:05

Maindefender
The last photo above is so incredible.

Yes, it really shows the intimacy of the venue.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: June 1, 2018 04:52

The videos coming from this tour show an amazing transformation. No longer a joke or a freakshow this band has really upped it a level. Astounding performances, almost every one I view. In other words, Keith is really back, I never thought he'd get his command but he's once again a force on stage, no longer just playing along and hanging on for life. He deserves all the credit in the world for working his way back to this moment. I believe it took a lot of hard work, he's not leading the band yet but the band is so much more confident that he'll make his parts, it shows in Charlie too being able to lock with Keith once again. Ronnie has been playing excellent as well. Perhaps it was the success of their last album but there's real greatness here. We picked the right band to love.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-01 04:55 by DoomandGloom.

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: June 1, 2018 07:53

Leonioid
keithsman
Thanks KM

Thanks mate!

Cough cough.....winking smiley

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: June 1, 2018 09:49

DoomandGloom
The videos coming from this tour show an amazing transformation. No longer a joke or a freakshow this band has really upped it a level. Astounding performances, almost every one I view. In other words, Keith is really back, I never thought he'd get his command but he's once again a force on stage, no longer just playing along and hanging on for life. He deserves all the credit in the world for working his way back to this moment. I believe it took a lot of hard work, he's not leading the band yet but the band is so much more confident that he'll make his parts, it shows in Charlie too being able to lock with Keith once again. Ronnie has been playing excellent as well. Perhaps it was the success of their last album but there's real greatness here. We picked the right band to love.

Yes, very accurate observation DoomandGlook, I completely agree.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021Next
Current Page: 20 of 21

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1892
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home