Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021Next
Current Page: 19 of 21
Re: Southampton UK 29-May-2018 Rolling Stones No Filter live updates
Posted by: terry ()
Date: May 31, 2018 12:50

Out of all the the stadiums I've seen the stones in, st Mary's is the best
It's just the perfect size for a outdoor show.
Ive now got my eyes on Coventry.

Posted by: undertheradar ()
Date: May 31, 2018 12:57

terry
Out of all the the stadiums I've seen the stones in, st Mary's is the best
It's just the perfect size for a outdoor show.
Ive now got my eyes on Coventry.

Could not agree more.
Mrs Radar and myself have been to 16 shows since 1990 including this one and this time it actually felt like they came to see us!!

Had such a great time and so was lucky to get LD..Pit B and grateful for the experience that we have given our lads(who have seen them 3 times before and now Grown up) our luckys for Coventry, Hoping that they can get the same sense of intimacy at the Ricoh Arena.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-31 13:11 by undertheradar.

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: May 31, 2018 12:57

Closer video would be great

[www.facebook.com]

Date: May 31, 2018 13:09

Thanks for posting, midimannz!

I haven't heard the infamous SMU from Southampton before now.

I can't hear any fvck ups in the intro at all?

The C-chord wasn't ringing 100 percent, was that it? Gosh, people are picky... confused smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-31 13:10 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: May 31, 2018 13:15

DandelionPowderman

The C-chord wasn't ringing 100 percent, was that it? Gosh, people are picky... confused smiley

Weird. I based myself on this link.

Date: May 31, 2018 13:16

DandelionPowderman

In all fairness - if you were there, you couldn't hear anything for the first 15-20 seconds over the welcoming screams...I was still trying to work out which song they were opening with..I was so deafened(and excited)..

Date: May 31, 2018 13:23

BowieStone
DandelionPowderman

Weird. I based myself on this link.

Wow! That sounded way drier, and the little hickup became an audible bum note. Strange indeed! The clip you posted had some sound issues, though..

Posted by: terry ()
Date: May 31, 2018 13:45

DandelionPowderman

I play guitar as a hobby and play open G tuning, suspension chords and it's simple but so effective.
I thank Keith for that, and yeah I fcuk up as it takes me a while for my hands to wake up.
Keith's just walked on stage and then hits the c chord followed by two fingers coming down.
I respect the fact he needs a moment to settle and concentrate and get into the flow of the song.

I'm so grateful his still with us and wanting to perform.
I have noticed on this tour Keith seems not be showboating so much,and more concentrating more.

I just think we are blessed to still have the stones that want to perform.

Undertherader Have great time in Coventry

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: May 31, 2018 13:46

terry
DandelionPowderman

I play guitar as a hobby and play open G tuning, suspension chords and it's simple but so effective.
I thank Keith for that, and yeah I fcuk up as it takes me a while for my hands to wake up.
Keith's just walked on stage and then hits the c chord followed by two fingers coming down.
I respect the fact he needs a moment to settle and concentrate and get into the flow of the song.

I have noticed on this tour Keith seems not be showboating so much,and more concentrating more.

We are very blessed.

Date: May 31, 2018 13:52

terry
DandelionPowderman

Sure, but did you watch the video Midmannz posted? There it doesn't sound like he's flubbing that c-chord - only that it didn't ring 100%. The other video sounds bad. In HP he flubbed the suspended chord..

That said, a bad chord can never ruin a song for me. It's live music smiling smiley

Posted by: mikehat ()
Date: May 31, 2018 13:57

DandelionPowderman
terry
DandelionPowderman

Sure, but did you watch the video Midmannz posted? There it doesn't sound like he's flubbing that c-chord - only that it didn't ring 100%. The other video sounds bad. In HP he flubbed the suspended chord..

That said, a bad chord can never ruin a song for me. It's live music smiling smiley

100% agree.
It was one dodgy chord during the intro, no big deal.
I had a blast.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: May 31, 2018 14:01

---

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-31 14:25 by maumau.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 31, 2018 14:13

It was a great @#$%& gig. Stop all this shite about bum notes.be glad they are still touring at this age.they are giving us great music.be happy and stop being such sissies.
Jeroen

Posted by: RiffKichards ()
Date: May 31, 2018 14:28

corriecas
It was a great @#$%& gig. Stop all this shite about bum notes.be glad they are still touring at this age.they are giving us great music.be happy and stop being such sissies.
Jeroen

I agree.

They were very great, particularly Keith.

Also, don't judge their performances on YouTube videos of poor quality with respect to the sound.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: May 31, 2018 14:33

DandelionPowderman
...That said, a bad chord can never ruin a song for me. It's live music smiling smiley

Exactly!

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: May 31, 2018 14:39

DandelionPowderman
sjs12
I thought Sasha was pretty much inaudible on her solo in GS. It was strange because you could see her screaming away into the microphone but you just couldn't hear her. Such a shame really as this is meant to be a climatic moment. Someone should tell the sound engineer that she is doing more than backing vocals on this bit!

It was the same on London #1..

And the same at London #2. Really spoiled GS which should be a highlight.

I've sent a message via FB asking if they're aware of this. Maybe will do same on Twitter. Something's not right.

Was it the same at Croke Park, can anyone tell us?

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: May 31, 2018 15:31

mikehat
DandelionPowderman
terry
DandelionPowderman

100% agree.
It was one dodgy chord during the intro, no big deal.
I had a blast.
I totally agree with you, people today are too used to computers to fake music! Musicians are human beings and they make mistakes ... but hey this is the beauty of live music, that's the beauty of rock'n roll!

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: May 31, 2018 15:56

There were a few errors in the set if you want to be picky. Most didn't notice the SMU error over the screaming. I did, but I didn't when I was at both Hyde Park shows. I did think Keith was laughing at his own error!

On the positive side, Keith played really well in general. Listen to some of his SFTD and HTW solos from 2017 and you wonder if he even knew what key the song was in. Listen to versions this tour and he is playing them well.

I think Midnight Rambler eclipsed any live version I've seen them play before (in person), including when Mick Taylor got up on recent tours. And Sweet Virginia was perfect.

Posted by: nankerzrk ()
Date: May 31, 2018 15:57

nobodyimportant
DandelionPowderman
sjs12
I thought Sasha was pretty much inaudible on her solo in GS. It was strange because you could see her screaming away into the microphone but you just couldn't hear her. Such a shame really as this is meant to be a climatic moment. Someone should tell the sound engineer that she is doing more than backing vocals on this bit!

I've sent a message via FB asking if they're aware of this. Maybe will do same on Twitter. Something's not right.

Not as bad, but still problematic.

I'm afraid it may not be the mics though, if you remember Sasha was also visibly terrified in Amsterdam last year and her voice barely came out and Mick was gesturing to her to relax. Think it may be an issue with her nerves rather than a mic issue.

Date: May 31, 2018 16:03

nankerzrk
nobodyimportant
DandelionPowderman
sjs12

I'm afraid it may not be the mics though, if you remember Sasha was also visibly terrified in Amsterdam last year and her voice barely came out and Mick was gesturing to her to relax. Think it may be an issue with her nerves rather than a mic issue.

I didn't notice that. But I did indeed notice that the sound wasn't right on London #1. Amsterdam sounded fine to me..

Date: May 31, 2018 16:05

In amsterdam
it was ok.i still dont like her voice..so i dont mind the problem.
Jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-31 16:06 by corriecas.

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: May 31, 2018 16:08

nankerzrk
nobodyimportant
DandelionPowderman
sjs12

I think the Argentina visit got her over the terrified stage - that was a real cauldron of noise and people. In my opinion there is a tech issues with her mike or with the sound guys winding-up the volume in Shelter

Date: May 31, 2018 16:25

If it is a problem with Sacha she will be replaced before you can say 'gomper'

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: May 31, 2018 18:03

RiffKichards
corriecas
Jeroen

I agree.

They were very great, particularly Keith.

Also, don't judge their performances on YouTube videos of poor quality with respect to the sound.

Totally agree, it was a fantastic show. The shows on this tour are so great, I am loving it. Really looking forward to Coventry on Saturday- I am taking my 10 year old son for his first ever concert!! He is really excited.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 31, 2018 18:36

Some see errors. Others see a great great band and a great great performance.

I might have seen errors when viewing my wife, my family or my friends, but I see the good things in life, not the random errors and glitches.

If Keith hit a bad note or lose a pick and then he does a hundred eternal riffs at a show, or if Mick do forget about the lyrics in some song, then he is outstanding on the rest of the show, what are your best memories? The few errors or the many great moments?

I am still with my wife. I am still with my family, I am still with my friends. And I am still with my Stones.

And don't give me this "You pay for the Stones" thing... You pay for everything in life. Family do come at a cost. Your dog do come at a cost. Your accomodation and food do come at a cost. But do you really complain every time you see an error or something inpefect in your house, your wife, your husband, your friend, or a hickup in the weather?

Life is too short for compliants. If you are not happy with them live then lock your door and throw away the key and play their records. Be happy!

Bjornulf

Date: May 31, 2018 18:45

Agree BV... as I mentioned earlier in the thread - having been at such great show, the only thing we could really complain about - was having nothing to complain about !!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 31, 2018 18:48

We should be so lucky. Just ask yourselves... If you are a fan of The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Genesis or Queen, or Nirvana, .... What are your options to see the original band live?

Bjornulf

Date: May 31, 2018 18:53

bv
We should be so lucky. Just ask yourselves... If you are a fan of The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Genesis or Queen, or Nirvana, .... What are your options to see the original band live?

A seance?.. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 31, 2018 19:12

bv

I might have seen errors when viewing my wife, my family or my friends, but I see the good things in life, not the random errors and glitches.

If Keith hit a bad note or lose a pick and then he does a hundred eternal riffs at a show, or if Mick do forget about the lyrics in some song, then he is outstanding on the rest of the show, what are your best memories? The few errors or the many great moments?

I am still with my wife. I am still with my family, I am still with my friends. And I am still with my Stones.

And don't give me this "You pay for the Stones" thing... You pay for everything in life. Family do come at a cost. Your dog do come at a cost. Your accomodation and food do come at a cost. But do you really complain every time you see an error or something inpefect in your house, your wife, your husband, your friend, or a hickup in the weather?

Life is too short for compliants. If you are not happy with them live then lock your door and throw away the key and play their records. Be happy!

grinning smileythumbs up

Date: May 31, 2018 19:14

bv

hot smiley
Fully agree.
Jeroen

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021Next
Current Page: 19 of 21

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1938
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home